News from Daily Post
Ukip leader Paul Nuttall has slipped up by describing US President-elect Donald Trump as an Anglophobe rather than an Anglophile. Mr Nuttall made the gaffe as he praised the Republican as a friend of Britain while pressing for closer trade links with the
A pair of scrapping swans stopped traffic in Rhyl after wandering into the road. Samantha Blackall stopped to take pictures as a Scottish Power contractor pulled over and used his jacket to guide them back onto the pavement on Cefndy Road yesterday. The
Delyn MP David Hanson has asked Flintshire Council ’s boss when an “eye-sore” Bagillt housing development will be knocked down. In a letter to the county’s chief executive Colin Everett, seen by the Daily Post, Mr Hanson highlights long-standing complain
A landing that was 10 years in the making was watched by proud wing makers from Flintshire’s Broughton Airbus factory at Manchester Airport this morning. The A350-900 flight from Singapore to Houston, Texas, gracefully touched down for its scheduled turn
A Broughton man who was killed after being hit by a Transit van suffered multiple organ failure. An inquest opening into the death of Paul Michael Sadler heard he died two days after the accident on the A5104 in Broughton at the junction with Queens Way.
A holiday park in Colwyn Bay is on the market for £1.5m with permission in place to raze the chalets to the ground. The Nant-y-Glyn holiday park secured planning permission earlier this year to demolish the existing chalets and build a housing developmen
The morning news headlines: Theresa May Brexit speech: We do no want 'half in, half out' EU deal; Search...
THERESA MAY BREXIT SPEECH: WE DO NOT WANT 'HALF IN, HALF OUT' EU DEAL Theresa May is to give further details of her plans for Brexit in a speech in which she will declare she does not want an outcome which leaves the UK "half in, half out"...
A £20m housing project has started on Anglesey with dozens of jobs being created for the construction scheme. Ewloe based Anwyl Homes has commenced work on the new residential development of 123 homes on an 11 acre site on South Stack Road in Holyhead. F
A plucky little girl who underwent a liver transplant when she was just two years old, is determined to raise money for the hospital that saved her life. Although Ella Noon is currently not too well, she is planning to run around the Great Orme in Llandu
The dazzling Mold Cape - a Bronze Age garment of pure gold which dates back 3,700 years - will feature on one of eight new stamps celebrating British prehistory. Made by hammering out a 700g (1½lb) ingot of gold, the cape formed the upper part of an elab
Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet believes the fact they are not reliant on one player means the club are better prepared for a title challenge than the last time they were in this situation. In 2013-14 the Reds were pipped to a long-awaited first cham
A 57-year-old care home resident was discovered hanged, an inquest heard. Susan Moulton, who suffered with learning disabilities and bipolar disorder, had been living at Galltfaenan Hall residential care home in Trefnant near Denbigh for 10 years when sh
A man who had sex with an under-aged girl has received a 28-month sentence of youth detention. Reece Charles Wynne, 19, is currently serving a 30-month sentence imposed in October 2015 for robbery, after he met a man for a sexual liaison via the Grindr a
Two men reportedly tried to grab a child outside a school in Deganwy this morning. Parents of children at the Conwy village school have been sent a message regarding an "incident" with a silver car. Unconfirmed reports on social media says...
Cancer-stricken Jules Peters is continuing to “shed light, dilute fear and give hope” to sufferers, despite having a bad reaction to treatment. The wife of Alarm frontman, Mike Peters took ill last week during a gruelling bout of chemotherapy. But the 49
- 10:44 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:44 Council plans a further £34m of cuts and a council tax increase
- 10:43 Girl, 5, and woman knocked to floor after collision with car in Leeds
- 10:42 Teenager remains critical after collision on busy South Tyneside road
- 10:42 Hundreds oppose plan to turn village's last pub into a house
- 10:42 Liverpool v Wolves: Fans snap up FA Cup tickets
- 10:41 Carlisle pair threw lit fireworks from car during police chase
- 10:40 Bid to improve residents’ health
- 10:39 PM 'confident' of striking trade deal with US
- 10:39 Snow falls in parts of Spain for the first time in over a century
- 10:39 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:39 Super scooter keeps David flying high
- 10:38 Does the sad state of Florence Nightingale statue speak volumes...
- 10:38 Leonne Weeks: Murder accused Shea Peter Heeley in court
- 10:37 The weeks best new DVDs to buy or stream
- 10:35 Chest mounted video cameras issued to EVERY frontline North Wales...
- 10:35 Arsenal to use Alexis Sanchez to land top European midfielder
- 10:34 ‘Bedtime stories for adults’ prove online hit
- 10:33 Images of Yesteryear
- 10:33 Monte Carlo World Rally Championship 2017 kicks off - Everything...
- 10:31 Driver rescued after lorry crashes on A1
- 10:31 Police crime report for Ashfield South
- 10:31 Ex-England defender reveals how Chelsea players feel about Diego...
- 10:30 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:30 Mel Gibson returns to the silver screen in big style with WWII...
- 10:28 Sky is putting its prices up in March and this is how you can stop it
- 10:28 Transfer News: Arsenal hijack Everton, Chelsea snub to cause Leeds...
- 10:26 How Man City should line up against Tottenham
- 10:26 Tom Daley admits to ‘online sex session with fan’
- 10:25 RSPCA West Midlands: Bucky, Madge and Prince are waiting to be adopted