News from Daily Post
Daily Post readers have reacted to Wales banning smoking on school and hospital grounds. The move was welcomed by readers with many saying 'at last' the change was brought in. Under the rules patients and visitors will now have to leave hospital grounds
Former assembly member Gareth Jones has been elected leader of Conwy Council . The Plaid Cymru councillor won the leadership by just one vote ahead of Goronwy Edwards following a secret ballot at Bonlondeb on Thursday morning. Mr Jones, 78, said he wants
A young tree surgeon from Powys has his eyes set on a world timbersports title. Scott Fowkes, 24, will tomorrow put his axe and saw skills to the test against the world’s best seven rookie athletes in Hamburg, Germany. As the current Stihl Timbersports U
The jury was sent out this morning to consider the verdicts in the Mark Mason Murder trial. In Mold Crown Court at 11.23am Judge Mrs Justice Nicola Davies, instructed the jury of six men and six woman to retire and take as long as they needed to reach ve
Detectives at a Chester Hospital have been called in after more than double the number of baby deaths at its neonatal clinic. Police were called into Countess of Chester Hospital Foundation Trust after medical staff expressed concerns over the abnormally
Morgan Schneiderlin admits Everton’s away form has to improve next season if they are to break into the Premier League’s top six. The French midfielder expects manager Ronald Koeman’s summer recruitment to help close the gap, which is currently four poin
As made famous by Sky Sports’ show Soccer AM, the phrase “Unbelievable Tekkers” can be applied perfectly to the winner of Everton’s goal of the season. Think back to James McFadden’s wonder goal at Goodison Park against Charlton Athletic, or even Dele Al
Wrexham’s hopes of earning promotion back to the Football League have been increased after major plans to the play-off system were unveiled. From next season there will be a brand new lay-out for the play-offs, with teams finishing from second to seventh
Young farmers went from hirsute to hairless in just a few seconds when they set themselves an unusual speed shearing challenge. Instead of sheep the Llangollen YFC members ran the clippers over muttonchops - their own. By shaving off their newly grown be
Are you out of work or fancy a change of career? These seven jobs are on offer today - ranging from a business analyst to a chip shop commis chef. 1: General Purpose Marine Operative Minesto is a world-leading marine energy developer with a unique, paten
The Liberal Democrats launched their manifesto with promises for a second Brexit referendum and to do more for young people. The party is hoping to bounce back from their poor performance in the last election when they went from 57 seats and a place in g
A kid’s sweatshirt sold by supermarket chain ASDA has been blasted by an angry mum who has accused the item of perpetuating rape culture. The £4 top, emblazoned with the phrase "boys will be boys" left the shopper outraged, turning to social...
Sergio Romero admitted to a little ‘inside knowledge’ as he revealed the secret to his penalty save at Southampton on Wednesday night. The Manchester United keeper got low down to keep out Manolo Gabbiadini’s effort after Eric Bailly clumsily handled the
His place in the Welsh books history is in no doubt. As the man to lead Wales into uncharted political waters, Rhodri Morgan guided the nation as it made its first faltering steps into devolution. A founding father of the movement, he prepared the ground
Children are being asked to get the home safety message across to their parents via a new competition - and win £1,000 for their school into the bargain. Boiler cover and home maintenance firm CORGI HomePlan has launched Keep Me Safe - the search for a s
- 11:39 Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon deserves to win the Ballon...
- 11:39 Ajax were Europe's dominant force in the mid-1990s... but then the...
- 11:39 Northumbria Police set to review policing of upcoming North East...
- 11:39 Tottenham step up demolition job on historic White Hart Lane as...
- 11:39 Manchester United defender Timothy Fosu-Mensah relishing 'extra...
- 11:39 Antonio Conte: Chelsea boss poses with Sir Alex Ferguson after...
- 11:39 Manchester United stars hold minute's silence for victims of terror...
- 11:39 Castle’s a pretty picture - but at what cost to wildlife?
- 11:39 Cyber attack ‘highly likely’ in UK election
- 11:39 Sunny start for Lincolnshire Wolds Walking Festival
- 11:39 New Rugby mayor Garcia sworn in at town hall
- 11:38 Manchester terror attack: Ashton Hayes family who were at concert...
- 11:38 Lancaster student, 17, relives Manchester Arena explosion
- 11:37 Half a glass of wine a day can ‘increase breast cancer risk’
- 11:37 CCTV images released after 'terrifying' arson attack in Keighley
- 11:37 Plea for volunteers to survey Yorkshire Dales’ bumblebees
- 11:37 SNP will go for minority administration in Edinburgh
- 11:37 PM: Attacker chose time and place with “cold calculation”
- 11:37 Cyber attack ‘highly likely’ in UK election
- 11:36 Manchester United have 60% chance of signing Antoine Griezmann
- 11:36 Andy Burnham: Manchester bombing an 'evil act' targeting children
- 11:35 Cyber attack ‘highly likely’ in UK election
- 11:35 Cyber attack ‘highly likely’ in UK election
- 11:34 Gossip: Defoe set for Sunderland exit?
- 11:34 Hull City transfer rumours: Marco Silva linked to vacant Porto job,...
- 11:34 LIVE Hull City news and rumours as Marco Silva not on Southampton's...
- 11:34 Manchester Arena explosion: Hull concert-goers relive horror of...
- 11:34 Trump condemns 'evil losers' behind Manchester attack as world...
- 11:34 OPEC set to prolong oil cuts as delegates predict smooth meeting
- 11:34 Exports, consumers and construction drive German growth surge