News from Daily Post
People are making a mint by selling test or rare versions of the new £1 coin for up to £250. The new 12-sided coin entered circulation yesterday at 18 places around the UK - none in North Wales. The coin has been described as the most secure in the world
A 25-year-old Wrexham man has been arrested on suspicion of murder. The body of disabled man Anthony Churton , 67, was found at his home on Crescent Close, Wrexham at roughly 8.20am on Monday. On Tuesday North Wales Police launched a murder investigation
The morning news headlines: UK set to begin 'momentous journey' to life outside EU; Faiths to join hands to...
UK SET TO BEGIN 'MOMENTOUS JOURNEY' TO LIFE OUTSIDE EU Britain will take the first step on its "momentous journey" to a future outside the European Union when Theresa May launches divorce proceedings that will bring to an end a relationship...
Tributes have been paid to a talented singer and mum-of-four who died suddenly after collapsing at home. Sioned Wyn Roberts was pronounced dead at Ysbyty Gwynedd, Bangor early this morning despite desperate attempt by her partner Daniel and paramedics to
There were more than 100 successful prosecutions by the RSPCA Cymru for animal cruelty in Wales last year - with some of the most shocking crimes being committed in North Wales. New figures released today show how the charity last year led 120 successful
Fifty people returned home to their families after being saved by RNLI crews across the North Wales coast last year. Lifeboat crews from Flint to Aberystwyth launched 536 times in 2016, a 15% increase in launches compared to the previous year. As well as
Daredevil engineers tested the strength of a footbridge to an iconic tourist attraction by abseiling down its side. Rope Access Engineers from Up and Under Ltd were undertaking their latest inspection of the footbridge leading to South Stack lighthouse n
A troubled teenager was found hanged at his home. Joshua Jones, 15, locked himself in to his Shotton home, making it difficult even for police officers to force entry into the property, an inquest in Ruthin heard. Joshua died at Alder Hey Hospital two da
Anglesey League clubs Holyhead Town and Llangoed and District are building towards a thrilling end to the season. Quintet-chasing Town are in with a chance of winning the league title and have reached four cup finals. Llangoed can also lift the league ch
The man whose death sparked a murder probe had been a successful restaurant owner before his life began to unravel in a battle with alcohol. Nicholas Churton, 67, had been the well-liked owner of a popular wine bar in Rossett, working up to 16 hours a da
How old were you when you first played football and why did you take up the game? I started playing regularly when I was 6 or 7, in school with my friends. Football has always been a big part of my life, my mum and her brothers are Manchester United obse
Wrexham boss Dean Keates has defended Izale McLeod after the striker’s actions in winning a penalty in Saturday’s draw with Torquay United were described as ‘gamesmanship’. Gulls boss Kevin Nicholson was unhappy after referee Peter Wright awarded Wrexham
Please name all the clubs you have played for I have only ever played for Chirk AAA FC, making my debut on my 16th birthday and playing here for the last nine years. What has been the highlight of your football career so far Winning the Welsh National Le
A murder hunt has been launched after a man was discovered bludgeoned to death in Wrexham. Police said wanted man Jordan Davidson may be armed and dangerous following the discovery of the body of a man in his 60s at a house in Crescent Close. Nicholas An
The one man crime wave with 'no regard for those who have suffered at your hands' at centre of Wrexham...
Murder suspect Jordan Davidson was jailed in 2015 after a judge said the public "needed a rest" from the one man "crime wave". Davidson was fresh out of prison when he burgled a woman's house during a break-in spree in October and...
- 10:23 Justin Bieber ‘faces arrest’ as he returns to Brazil after...
- 10:23 Brexit is our chance to 'renew' Britain and the West Midlands
- 10:23 UK-German stock exchange deal blocked
- 10:23 Marks and Spencer recall soup due to possible contamination
- 10:23 ‘Hallelujah’ over Headingley’s brighter future
- 10:22 Lancaster model shop to shut after 28 years trading
- 10:22 Cannabis infused candy floss edibles now exist and they need to...
- 10:21 Firefighters wash up £500
- 10:21 Man charged over death of little Violet Grace-Youens to appear in...
- 10:21 The 10 Premier League bosses to win the most points over the past...
- 10:21 Sex offender didn't want police to disturb his bereaved family
- 10:21 Stroll With Stu: Reunion a great way to end walk to village pub
- 10:21 Telford A&E could close overnight
- 10:20 Weak sterling supports UK's FTSE ahead of Brexit trigger, mid caps...
- 10:20 Muslim groups plan march against Jakarta's Christian governor
- 10:20 Iraqi forces battle towards landmark Mosul mosque
- 10:20 Duggan family lose inquest appeal
- 10:19 EU antitrust regulators block Deutsche Boerse, LSE merger
- 10:19 Why Pets at Home are set to stop selling rabbits over Easter
- 10:19 Mirko Cro Cop wants retirement fight with fellow legend...
- 10:18 Paul Weller EXCLUSIVE: ‘Magical moment’ music icon records NEW song...
- 10:18 Sir Elton John preparing animated Joseph And The Amazing...
- 10:18 Johnathan Rayfield attacked a Batley shop assistant as he stole a...
- 10:18 Leonardo DiCaprio pays tribute to ‘best acting mum’ after death of...
- 10:18 Book review: Irresistible: Why we can’t stop checking, scrolling,...
- 10:18 Disgraced hospital consultant who ripped off NHS gets unpaid work
- 10:18 Bool review: Birdcage Walk, by Helen Dunmore
- 10:18 7 great family days out in Scotland
- 10:17 Halifax MP Holly Lynch warns prison officers face huge risk of...
- 10:17 Crash on busy Scarborough road