News from Daily Mail
UK voters 'in denial' over Brexit: Davos elite hit back at Britain after Theresa May's landmark speech
Members of the global elite launched a scathing attack on British voters yesterday – accusing the country of being 'in denial' over Brexit. On the final day of the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum in the upmarket Swiss ski resort of Davos, expe
For a car that's traded on its small size, the new Mini Countryman is pretty maxi — in fact, it's the biggest Mini ever. It has plenty of 'welly' — and even a spot to put muddy footwear. It embodies a country casual approach that makes it suitable for bu
Severn Trent water urged to 'respect the views of the community' and withdraw £84m bid for rival Dee Valley
Severn Trent has been urged to withdraw its £84million bid for a rival. Welsh Assembly Members (AMs) and MPs in and around the Dee Valley have pleaded with the water company to 'respect the views of the community' and back down from buying Dee Valley Wat
Some John Lewis customers who got in to debt are preparing for a pay-out after being subjected to sky-high charges. The store's credit card, and loans from HFC Bank, both run by HSBC, imposed fees of up to 16.4 per cent on customers who were contacted by
Heineken has confirmed it is in discussions to buy Brazil's second-largest brewer. The Dutch beer-maker is hoping to buy Kirin, the Japanese-owned company behind popular Brazilian brands such as Nova Schin, Glacial, Novel, Devassa and Baden-Baden. Accord
Is Fox's Biscuits being bought by rival Burton's? City sources say any formal offer would value firm at...
The billionaire owner of Fox's Biscuits has been approached by a mystery bidder who wants to take the Party Rings-maker off his hands. Ranjit Boparan – dubbed the 'Chicken King' for his poultry empire which supplies KFC, Sainsbury's and Tesco – bought Fo
Decision to shun Black Friday hurts Bonmarche with online sales falling 14.3% in the five weeks to Christmas
A decision to shun Black Friday discounts in favour of driving full-price sales hit takings at Bonmarche. The 50-plus retailer said online sales fell 14.3 per cent in the five weeks to Christmas Eve, as it took a less promotional stance. In-store revenue
A strong update from clothing retailer Ted Baker this week spurred global retail director Chris Browne to snap up more shares in the business. Browne, who co-founded the company, bought 18,421 shares at £29.55 each, spending a total of £544,340. The re
A revival of the Teletubbies sent sales of soft toy versions of the characters up this Christmas. New episodes of the children's TV show, starring presenter Fearne Cotton and comedian David Walliams, have been aired on the BBC for the first time since 20
No longer is it satisfactory to argue that bribery and corruption at the highest level is a way of life in the developing world and that it is fine for corporations in the Western democracies to get on with it. Newly-rich nations, including Thailand and
DIRTY PRACTICE The Competition and Markets Authority has alleged two laundry firms have breached antitrust law. The watchdog has provisionally concluded former joint venture partners Micronclean and Berendsen Cleanroom Services broke competition law by
Exotic and risky bets that can beat Footsie: Are you brave enough to take a punt on frontier markets?
There's a general rule of investing that many gurus stick to: never put your money in anything you don't understand. On that basis, no one would ever take a punt on the BlackRock Frontiers Investment Trust launched six years ago, focusing on the 30 or so
Morocco kept alive their chances of progressing in the African Nations Cup as they stormed back from conceding a fifth minute goal to beat Togo 3-1 on Friday. Beaten by Democratic Republic of Congo in their opening match, the former champions could ill a
Brighton 2-1 Sheffield Wednesday: Anthony Knockaert's double ensures hosts clinch dramatic victory against...
Brighton did not waste the opportunity to go top of the Championship on Friday night despite leaving it late after conceding an own goal and having Glenn Murray sent off. A second-half strike from their star man Anthony Knockaert secured this win against
'You will be missed': Kim Kardashian pays tribute to Barack Obama as she shares throwback snaps with former...
Kim Kardashian paid tribute to Barack Obama on Friday, the day of new president Donald Trump's inauguration. Three throwback photos were posted on her website www.kimkardashianwest.com showing Kim, 36, posing with the former POTUS, husband Kanye West and
- 17:38 Wayne Rooney: What it means to me to break Sir Bobby Charlton's record
- 17:37 Dogs ‘tag team’ king cobra when he accidentally slithers into...
- 17:37 Search launched in Eskdale for missing man
- 17:35 DIY SOS-style makeover helps couple in need
- 17:34 Wayne Rooney breaks record to salvage point for poor Manchester...
- 17:34 Has Wayne Rooney fulfilled his potential at Manchester United?
- 17:34 Jose Mourinho: Wayne Rooney is now a Manchester United legend
- 17:33 Kilmarnock 0 Hamilton 1 as Accies pick up their first win in 12...
- 17:33 Stoke 1-1 Man United: Five things we learned as Wayne Rooney breaks...
- 17:32 Michael Moore goes on bizarre rant as ONE MILLION Donald Trump...
- 17:31 Chester 1 Wrexham AFC 1: Dragons forced to settle for point in...
- 17:31 New football academy will offer practical training and study in Oakham
- 17:30 Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney is Premier League’s all-time...
- 17:29 Dons edge Cobblers in eight-goal thriller as Edinburgh starts with...
- 17:28 Strippers in thongs fight off topless man in club brawl
- 17:28 Lush features gay couples in Valentine’s ad and it’s super cute
- 17:27 What cobblers! Angela Merkel snubs Donald Trump's inauguration to...
- 17:27 Saudi migrant 'murdered Catholic pensioner for beliefs then left...
- 17:27 Swiss teenager saved by heroic trio after being sexually assaulted...
- 17:27 Big Interview: Glen Chapple
- 17:27 What's that smell? Firefighters called out to 'chemical' incident
- 17:26 FILM REVIEW: Assassin’s Creed
- 17:24 Lack lustre demand at Bakewell market
- 17:23 Poundland fined after gnawed chocolate and rodent droppings found...
- 17:23 Is £1 shampoo just as good as the £40 top-of-the-range stuff
- 17:23 Manchester United explain why Marcos Rojo isn't in squad vs Stoke City
- 17:23 Wayne Rooney is Manchester United's all time top goal scorer
- 17:23 Bus station: "Lost a cucumber? Lettuce know..."
- 17:22 Women's March: Thousands hit UK streets to join global movement...
- 17:22 College hosts foreign languages seminar