News from Daily Mail
Is China's rising debt pile getting out of hand? Agency downgrades credit rating for Asia's powerhouse economy
China's credit rating has been cut for the first time since 1989 amid fears of unsustainable debt levels and slowing economic growth. Credit rating firm Moody's downgraded Chinese debt one notch on its scale, from Aa3 to A1. This is still a rating near t
Middlesbrough confirm goalkeeper Victor Valdes has left the club as his contract is ended following relegation
Middlesbrough have confirmed goalkeeper Victor Valdes will leave the club in June, while Victor Orta has left his role as head of recruitment. Valdes, 35, made a total of 28 appearances last season, having joined from Manchester United, before missing th
Zlatan Ibrahimovic derby strike for Manchester United the most tweeted Premier League moment this season as...
Zlatan Ibrahimovic's goal in the Manchester derby was the most tweeted about Premier League moment this season, a campaign that generated a massive 142million tweets. According to Twitter, the volley, which came as a result of Claudio Bravo's mistake gen
Manchester United loanee Guillermo Varela BANNED by club after getting a tattoo days before German Cup final
Manchester United loanee Guillermo Varela is ending his spell at Eintract Frankfurt in disgrace, after a tattoo-induced injury ruled him out of the German cup final. Varela's Eintracht Frankfurt side are due to take on Borussia Dortmund in the showpiece
Arsenal skipper Per Mertesacker admits he 'cannot tell' if he will be fit enough to play in the FA Cup final
Arsenal's Per Mertesacker has revealed he has no idea if he is fit enough to play in Saturday's FA Cup final against Chelsea but has had to prepare himself to do so. The club captain, 32, is in contention to start with Laurent Koscielny suspended, Gabrie
Cesar Azpilicueta and Ben Gibson lead five-man Premier League ever-present club after playing every minute...
Whether you are fighting for the Premier League title, battling relegation or simply watching from the stands, a 38-game season can be a real test of both mental and physical stamina. But for this group of five players the grueling campaign has been an e
Danny Welbeck hopes FA Cup final victory over Chelsea can lift Arsenal gloom, insisting 'it's something we...
Arsenal are disappointed with their fifth-placed Premier League finish but focused on winning the FA Cup final against Chelsea on Saturday, striker Danny Welbeck has said. Arsenal's five-game winning streak at the end of the season was not enough to grab
Sam Warburton warms up with reaction ball in British and Irish Lions training as preparations continue for...
We know the Lions is a whole different ball game to regular international rugby... but this is taking it a little far. The British and Irish squad warmed up for their training session on Wednesday with tennis and reaction balls instead of rugby balls. Sa
Trendy fitness trackers like Fitbit accurately measure heart rate, but are 'way off the mark' when it comes to counting calories burned, according to new research. Scientists set out to measure the accuracy of wristband activity trackers, including Fitb
If you use a Kodi box to watch films and programmes, you may want to steer away from any subtitled options. Security experts have warned of a new cyber-attack that is delivered when movie subtitles are loaded by the user's media player. Because subtitles
Owners of high-polluting older cars don't have to wait for a government-backed incentive to cash-in on their bangers because Vauxhall has announced its own version of the scrappage scheme this week. The carmaker this week confirmed the return of the popu
What is a consumer? We reveal where the notion came from and why we aren't bigger spendthrifts than in the...
We’re referred to as ‘consumers’ all the time. The word is often used interchangeably with ‘citizen’, ‘shopper’, ‘household’ or ‘Briton’. But what on earth is a consumer, where did the term come from and has it always meant the same thing? On this episo
In the search for life beyond Earth, researchers may have got one step closer to pinpointing where extra-terrestrials could be hiding. Scientists have studied a natural radioactive process which causes water molecules to break up on planets and support m
Smoking cannabis could help crack cocaine addicts to overcome their dependency, new research implies. The study suggests that the world's most popular recreational drug is an effective, but unconventional, substitute for the deadly rock. If the findings
Manchester City skipper Vincent Kompany promises the club will do 'everything we can' to help the victims...
Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany has vowed to support the victims of Monday's terrorist attack and praised the city's resilience. The defender hailed the emergency services after a suicide bomber killed 22 people and wounded 59 at Manchester Arena
- 00:31 Rufus Hound hit with backlash over his Manchester terror...
- 00:31 M&S rides storm after clothing sales setback
- 00:31 City news: Ineos, RBS, Britain's car industry, Screwfix
- 00:29 Fly to the US for less than £100 as low-cost airline opens new...
- 00:28 Donations flood in for homeless heroes
- 00:25 The sex slaves of al-Shabab
- 00:23 Manchester attack: Everything we know about suicide bomber Salman...
- 00:22 Found at scene in Manchester: Detonator, Shrapnel and battery
- 00:22 Watch Europa League final highlights after Manchester United beat Ajax
- 00:22 Tiger Woods determined to play golf again but admits he faces at...
- 00:21 Here is everything we know so far about the Manchester tragedy
- 00:20 Manchester terror attack: Nuneaton property raided and man arrested
- 00:19 Churches and police join forces to help most vulnerable in Cumbria
- 00:18 Call for Leeds rail passengers to help protect vulnerable children
- 00:18 Drinking coffee may have protective effect against liver cancer,...
- 00:18 Patrick Mercer: Terrorism – we must protect those who protect us
- 00:18 YP Comment: Standing up to the forces of evil. Soldiers in a show...
- 00:17 Jose Mourinho: This striker could be at Manchester United next season
- 00:17 Manchester United told to go on epic spending spree: They need four...
- 00:16 The staggering number of abusive tweets sent to MPs
- 00:10 Last night's TV reviewed: Fair cops a force for good
- 00:10 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger set to name shock inclusion for Chelsea...
- 00:09 'I turned my dad's erotic novel into a hit podcast'
- 00:06 Coronation Street attacker reveal, killer exit and rape horror: 10...
- 00:05 Syrian army drives back Isis in surprise blitz offensive
- 00:05 Venezuela: Delayed regional elections after constitution rewrite
- 00:05 Philippines: Dirty Duterte may extend martial law
- 00:05 PCS: Serwotka presses for end to zero-hours
- 00:05 ‘Despicable’ Argos bosses refuse to talk to strikers
- 00:05 PCS: Civil servants will get behind Labour