News from Daily Mail
Manchester United to give Swedish teenager Alex Timossi Andersson trial with youngster allowed to skip school
Manchester United are giving a trial to Helsingborgs forward Alex Timossi Andersson after gaining permission for him to miss school. The Swedish 16-year-old has previously trained at Bayern Munich and has broken into Helsingborgs first team. Head coach
Andorra beat San Marino to register their first victory since October 2004 and end longest winless streak...
Andorra ended the longest winless streaks in world football on Wednesday night as they beat fellow minnows San Marino in a friendly match. It was their first win in 86 attempts, since a 1-0 win against Macedonia in October 2004 - nearly 13 years ago. Vic
John Stones insists he takes criticism in his stride as he joins Manchester City team-mates at work as...
Manchester City star John Stones has insisted he takes criticism in his stride, as the defender and his team-mates get to work in Abu Dhabi after landing in the Middle East for their luxuriuous warm-weather training camp. Stones, who moved to the Etihad
A Chinese bank are ready to make a £225million offer for Southampton after a proposed take- over from a rival Far East firm collapsed. Sportsmail can reveal that CITIC Securities — China’s largest investment bank — have drafted the terms of a takeover bi
David Haye wants a metal fence to separate him from Tony Bellew as the old foes prepare to meet in...
David Haye thinks he and Tony Bellew should be kept apart by a metal fence when they face off in Liverpool next week ahead of their March 4 grudge match. The pair came to blows when squaring up at an explosive press conference last November and will meet
Great Britain wheelchair rugby star Jim Roberts has been crushed by UK Sport cutbacks: Losing my £12,000...
Jim Roberts was 19, a talented distance runner and studying to be an architectural technician when he was struck down by meningitis. He lost both his legs below the knee and the index finger of his left hand. But after emerging from two and a half years
James Ward-Prowse was weak and needed toughening up as a youngster... now he bids to become a Southampton...
With one glorious stroke of his left boot, Bobby Stokes scored the most famous goal in Southampton’s history to win the 1976 FA Cup final. Now another Portsmouth lad who has made the transition to their bitter rivals is hoping to enter Saints folklore. J
Liam Williams is plotting to boost his British and Irish Lions claim against Scotland full back Stuart Hogg— having watched the previous tour in an Ibiza bar. The Wales star is a front-runner to be called up by Warren Gatland, who revealed last week that
Warren Gatland has revealed his Lions squad will undergo choir practice 'every night' during this summer's tour of New Zealand. The players and coaches will learn a song from all four nations - England, Wales, Ireland and Scotland – to perform at their M
England rugby's new star Elliot Daly is Mr Perfect... head boy, sportsman, musical and a stunning girlfriend
Elliot Daly. Rugby prodigy, obviously. Head boy. A-grade student. Outstanding cricketer. Natural all-round sportsman. Popular with peers, teachers and coaches alike. Grounded. Hard-working. Shaped by loving parents. Before we faint with damned praise, sh
Stamp duty hike wipes £215m off Earl's Court redevelopment plan after London housing market slowdown
A slowdown in the London housing market has forced a leading developer to slash the value of a flagship project by £215million. Capital & Counties – or Capco – plans to build 10,000 homes in Earls Court in west London in one of the biggest...
MARKET REPORT: Cyber crime fighter NCC Group sees shares plummet by 15.4% after it warns of 20% sales fall
Cyber crime specialists NCC Group plunged the moment the market opened yesterday having sneaked out an update just 15 minutes before it had closed the previous evening. The firm had revealed it had launched a strategic review, and said full-year earnings
Cheating Lloyds boss hit with £3m pay cut... but investors get £2.2bn as profits are best for a decade
The embattled boss of Lloyds has taken a £3.2million pay cut following a year in which he was caught having an affair on a business trip. Antonio Horta-Osorio took home £5.5million last year, down from £8.7million in 2015. His bonus fell despite the bank
Plane maker Airbus has had to write off £1.8billion as it wrangles with Nato countries over the cost of a military cargo plane. Governments have held back payments for the A400M, which the RAF has dubbed 'Atlas', and fined the company after delays caused
CITY DIARY: Will 'businesswoman' Victoria Beckham be as discreet as unassuming Lloyd's of London boss?
Lloyd's of London boss Inga Beale quietly collected her DBE from Prince Charles at Buckingham Palace last week. A kindly, unassuming figure, £1.5million-a-year Dame Inga opted for a private investiture, meaning her appointment at the palace wasn't publi
- 11:40 Jeremy Hunt calls for investigation into overnight closure of...
- 11:40 Storm Doris develops into ‘Weather Bomb’ say Met Office officials
- 11:40 Storm Doris leaves fallen trees blocking Boston roads
- 11:40 Derby County: Aston Villa's weekend opponents under the microscope
- 11:39 High winds cause speed restriction on Scarborough trains
- 11:39 Storm Doris: Can I claim compensation for a delayed flight?
- 11:39 ALERT: Public urged to unplug EXPLODING tumble dryers
- 11:39 VIDEO: The calm before Storm Doris
- 11:39 Frustrations increasing over travellers in Warwick
- 11:39 National Express raises free cash flow outlook on international demand
- 11:39 Eight dead and 20 injured after bombing in Pakistan shopping centre
- 11:39 Spanish club offers women free entry, drink & £85 if they go...
- 11:38 #FlyDSA: “My house to Paris in just three hours - I was amazed!”
- 11:38 Time extension for Pavilion Gardens marquee
- 11:38 Man arrested after two women stabbed in Huddersfield
- 11:38 Storm Doris develops into ‘Weather Bomb’ say Met Office officials
- 11:37 Health Column: Time to protest as Government is turning blind eye...
- 11:37 Router hacker suspect arrested at Luton Airport
- 11:37 What’s On around Harrogate: Your listings guide for the week ahead
- 11:37 Love a man in uniform? Not if you live in Burnley
- 11:37 Storm Doris develops into ‘Weather Bomb’ say Met Office officials
- 11:37 Burnley has been "misled and let down" by the Government
- 11:37 Safety warning issued over leaking gas hobs
- 11:37 HS2 high-speed rail project passes final hurdle
- 11:37 Man arrested after two women stabbed in Huddersfield
- 11:36 Brits are ditching their polite reputation to become excellent...
- 11:35 Police welfare a priority insist force bosses
- 11:36 EXCLUSIVE: Ronda Rousey has nothing to be ashamed of - Bellator...
- 11:35 If you’re having a crap morning, just look at these polar bear babies
- 11:35 Shadow Housing Minister’s pledge for more affordable homes in...