News from Daily Mail
The future of Moorside, one of Britain’s three big nuclear projects, was thrown into doubt last night after it emerged that cash-strapped Toshiba and its partner Engie needed to find £225 million in the next two years to fund its preparation. The Cumbria
Driving to success! Profits double to £6.1M at posh motorway services firm supported by Prince Charles
Britain's poshest motorway services firm, whose latest site was opened by Prince Charles, has seen its profit double in the past year as travellers lap up its home-made food. Westmorland, the family-owned firm that runs Tebay Services on the M6 in Cumbri
Government plans to make all businesses file tax returns electronically every three months face an uphill struggle – with two-thirds of small businesses not even using accounting software to manage their finances. The finding emerged in a study by UK200G
New stage for Tour de France star Mark Cavendish as he invests 'six figure sum' in sports supplement firm
British cycling Olympian and Tour de France star Mark Cavendish, has invested hundreds of thousands of pounds in fast-growing food manufacturer Science in Sport as the company plans a sales drive into Europe. Cavendish, who will also launch a new product
Don’t want to be tied to a contract? How you can cut bills on pay as you go for phones, TV and even ART
If you are exasperated with being tied into a lengthy contract for a product or service, do not despair. There is a way to live without being tethered to your provider. It is called ‘pay as you go’, an option which is finding favour across all age groups
Japan, Malaysia and Mexico are tipped as attractive destinations for British travellers keen this year to squeeze more value from their spending money. All three offer more local currency for your pound compared with popular destinations, such as France
Tony Hetherington is Financial Mail on Sunday's ace investigator, fighting readers corners, revealing the truth that lies behind closed doors and winning victories for those who have been left out-of-pocket. Find out how to contact him below. G.P. write
Relentless pressure on the pound is pushing up shopping bills for families, with inflation climbing to 1.8 per cent. Food prices are being hiked for the first time since 2014 and a host of household staples, from Marmite to Nescafe, are becoming more exp
Fight for justice... using your home cover: How workers are able to pay tribunal fees using their insurance
Workers reluctant to take action against employers over discrimination or unfair dismissal because of unaffordable legal costs could unwittingly be sitting on insurance designed to meet these bills. Fewer people are taking claims to employment tribunals
SARASIN FOOD AND AGRICULTURE OPPORTUNITIES: From salmon to chocolate, the fund with a taste for success
Rising food prices are bad news for households, eating into their budgets at a time when wage growth is minimal. So last week’s news that inflation, spurred on by higher fuel and food prices, is at its highest since June 2014 will be greeted with dismay
Chelsea's Diego edges out Helder in battle of the Costas but Wolves winger showed why he is attracting top...
Chelsea's Costa edged this contest with his namesake from Wolves but it was fitting that after the final whistle the pair came together to share a few words. Presumably speaking in their Portuguese mother tongues, Diego Costa and Helder Costa chatted war
Millwall's giant-killing FA Cup victory marred by crowd trouble as hundreds of fans invade pitch after...
Millwall's rousing victory over Leicester City was marred by crowd trouble on Saturday when hundreds of home fans invaded the pitch at The Den after the final whistle and massed in front of the away supporters, hurling missiles into the stand behind the
The odds of leading Champion Hurdle contender Yanworth lengthened with some bookmakers after he was made to work hard to take his unbeaten run to three this season with a narrow success in the Betway Kingwell Hurdle at Wincanton. Paddy Power pushed the A
Record-breaking Molineux and Diego stealing Helder Costa's thunder: six things you missed from Chelsea's FA...
Chelsea kept alive their hopes of a domestic double as they marched with ease into the quarter-finals of the FA Cup on Saturday. Second-half strikes from Spanish pair Pedro and Diego Costa gave Antonio Conte's side a 2-0 win as Championship side Wolves w
Wolves 0-2 Chelsea: Pedro and Diego Costa secure FA Cup progress for Antonio Conte's side as the Spain...
It had all the ingredients: a famous old ground packed and passionate; a Championship side buoyed by two previous Premier League scalps playing well above themselves again; and the Premier League leaders, with seven changes made and their eyes seemingly
- 11:47 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:46 Model who dangled 1,000ft off Dubai skyscraper investigated by police
- 11:46 My journey to Miss Bikini Body: Dressing the part is motivating me...
- 11:45 Manchester City target Lionel Messi in £100m deal as superstar's...
- 11:44 Manchester United vs Reading U23s LIVE score and goal updates
- 11:43 Is this the best job in Lincoln? Game testers wanted!
- 11:42 Coventry woman caught carrying three kitchen knives in a public...
- 11:40 Part of M1 closed between J26 and J25 near Derby due to incident
- 11:40 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:40 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:39 Chelsea are a better team when Antonio Conte picks Cesc Fabregas,...
- 11:39 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Bad weather puts a dampener on weekly Bakewell market
- 11:38 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:38 WASPI CAMPAIGN: 1950s women demand action on pensions
- 11:36 Man United News: Woodward’s £1bn plan for Mourinho, £30m Arsenal...
- 11:34 Police to review 484 cases after criminal probe launched at...
- 11:34 This Bicester style village is coming to the Midlands - here's what...
- 11:34 Jordan Veretout: Midfielder on his Aston Villa future and Steve...
- 11:32 Unravelling tales about Edith
- 11:32 The first ever Muslim-friendly ‘modest’ fashion show is taking...
- 11:31 Flooded church reopens its doors to worshippers
- 11:31 Pensioner fighting for life in hospital after being hit by a taxi
- 11:30 COLUMN: How does your chippy measure up?
- 11:30 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:30 Nottingham's Jazzie Mattis progresses to BBC's Let It Shine final
- 11:30 John Terry reveals what inspired Chelsea’s FA Cup win… it’s all to...
- 11:30 Beeston's Hannah lands role working for celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay
- 11:29 Ken Loach hits out at Government as he collects Bafta for North...