News from Daily Mail
Ban on children heading footballs edges closer as studies show negative impact on brain function and memory
A ban on children heading footballs has moved a step closer with governing bodies, medical experts and campaigners all calling for extra safety measures to protect future generations. A number of recent studies, including one from Stirling University fir
Liverpool are poised to beat Manchester United and Southampton to France youth international Yasser Larouci. The 16-year-old attacking midfielder played for Paul Pogba's former club Le Havre but has rejected their offer of a contract and is a free agent.
Fulham wonderkid Ryan Sessegnon can show the world what Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool...
Ryan Sessegnon is the 16-year-old who has been scouted by Manchester United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham and Bayern Munich – to name a few. The left-back has been likened to Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale but according to his Fulham team-mate
Russia 2018 World Cup boss in new doping scandal: Vladimir Putin's ally accused of silencing discus thrower...
The man who led Russia's triumphant 2018 World Cup bid and a key ally of Vladimir Putin is facing a new scandal over claims he silenced a drugs whistleblower. Multiple sources have alleged to The Mail on Sunday that Vitaly Mutko, the president of Russia'
Facing Manchester United in the FA Cup fifth round won’t be the greatest sporting occasion Blackburn keeper Jason Steele has taken part in. As a member of Great Britain’s London 2012 football squad, Steele participated in the opening ceremony watched by
Two years ago, FA chairman Greg Dyke apologised to Jeff Astle’s family after The Mail on Sunday exposed the football authorities’ failure to deliver life-saving research into a possible link between head injuries and dementia. More than 14 years ago, Sou
Aston Villa midfielder Jordan Veretout didn't know Steve Bruce scouted him as he played against Manchester...
Aston Villa midfielder Jordan Veretout didn't even know his manager Steve Bruce was in the Old Trafford crowd to check on him playing for Saint-Etienne against Manchester United in the Europa League on Thursday night. Veretout, 23, was sent out on loan b
Rafa Benitez looks set to stay as Newcastle boss beyond this season as he draws up list of transfer targets
Rafa Benitez has given a clear indication he intends to remain at Newcastle United beyond this season after revealing that a list of potential transfer targets has already been drawn up. The Spaniard was furious after the club failed to re-sign winger An
Jose Mourinho has ruled out trying to force Luke Shaw out of Manchester United this summer and insists the young defender will be given a full chance to prove he deserves a long-term future at Old Trafford. Shaw, 21, has started only six Premier League g
The curious case of Dylan Hartley. An England captain who has never lost wearing the metaphorical armband, who has guided his team to a Grand Slam, a first ever whitewash in Australia, a clean sweep in the autumn and two wins from two in this year's RBS
Ben Te'o may have established himself as one of Eddie Jones' elite band of 'finishers' but the hulking former rugby league star looks set to play a starting role against Italy at Twickenham next Sunday. The 30-year-old New Zealand-born centre is in conte
Mako Vunipola is set to return to England colours at Twickenham next Sunday against Italy after Eddie Jones watched him play 70 minutes of Saracens' Aviva Premiership defeat by Gloucester on Friday night. The 26-year-old British Lion played his first gam
As a manager, there is no worse job than telling a young player he’s not getting a new deal. You know you’re crushing his dreams. And whatever encouragement you give, it can often be a decision that will live with them throughout their life, even if they
Former Arsenal prodigy Craig Eastmond talks to Glenn Hoddle about how Sutton United can add to Arsene...
Craig Eastmond was a teenage prodigy at Arsenal, with Champions League and Premier League starts before dropping down to League One Colchester. Managerial changes saw him fall out of favour and without a professional club, before Sutton United revived hi
When Justin Rose comes off the course these days one of the first things he does is retreat to his hotel room and run a bath. An ice-cold bath. ‘Andy Murray has a lot to answer for,’ says the Englishman, smiling. Britain’s leading golfer has been studyin
- 11:47 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:46 Model who dangled 1,000ft off Dubai skyscraper investigated by police
- 11:46 My journey to Miss Bikini Body: Dressing the part is motivating me...
- 11:45 Manchester City target Lionel Messi in £100m deal as superstar's...
- 11:44 Manchester United vs Reading U23s LIVE score and goal updates
- 11:43 Is this the best job in Lincoln? Game testers wanted!
- 11:42 Coventry woman caught carrying three kitchen knives in a public...
- 11:40 Part of M1 closed between J26 and J25 near Derby due to incident
- 11:40 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:40 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:39 Chelsea are a better team when Antonio Conte picks Cesc Fabregas,...
- 11:39 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Bad weather puts a dampener on weekly Bakewell market
- 11:38 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:38 WASPI CAMPAIGN: 1950s women demand action on pensions
- 11:36 Man United News: Woodward’s £1bn plan for Mourinho, £30m Arsenal...
- 11:34 Police to review 484 cases after criminal probe launched at...
- 11:34 This Bicester style village is coming to the Midlands - here's what...
- 11:34 Jordan Veretout: Midfielder on his Aston Villa future and Steve...
- 11:32 Unravelling tales about Edith
- 11:32 The first ever Muslim-friendly ‘modest’ fashion show is taking...
- 11:31 Flooded church reopens its doors to worshippers
- 11:31 Pensioner fighting for life in hospital after being hit by a taxi
- 11:30 COLUMN: How does your chippy measure up?
- 11:30 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:30 Nottingham's Jazzie Mattis progresses to BBC's Let It Shine final
- 11:30 John Terry reveals what inspired Chelsea’s FA Cup win… it’s all to...
- 11:30 Beeston's Hannah lands role working for celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay
- 11:29 Ken Loach hits out at Government as he collects Bafta for North...