News from Daily Mail
James Davies dive calls integrity of the game into question... and Sale cut high tackle issue down to size
James Davies must be wondering what has hit him, so to speak. What hit him last Sunday was the palm of Will Skelton's giant hand, causing the tumble which has ignited an almighty row. Skelton is a monster of a man, but what Saracens' Wallaby lock did was
Former England cricket boss Paul Downton reveals his torment over ECB sacking: 'It was a huge blow... there...
Former England cricket boss Paul Downton has spoken for the first time about his controversial sacking, saying he still had plenty to give the game when he was forced out nearly two years ago. After overseeing a transitional period in the English game, D
Green glasses and coached by mum, meet Denis 'the Menace' Istomin... the man who defeated Novak Djokovic
Denis Istomin, 30, is coached by his mother. Klaudiya Istomina introduced her son to the game and has nurtured him ever since. Doctors feared that Istomin would never play tennis again after he suffered severe injuries to his legs in a car crash in 2001
Footballer Robbie Simpson launches career website for players after 'scary' experience when he thought his...
In September 2013, Robbie Simpson went to the gym, took the dog for a walk and waited for his phone to ring. It did not. The next day he repeated the same routine, and the day after and the day after that. As the forward nursed a coffee and stared at t
The criticism which irks Mark Warburton most concerns transfers. The lingering accusation that, last summer, the players he recruited for Rangers simply didn' t work. One, in particular, is hard to dispute. Joey Barton came with a big reputation, enormou
Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers reflects on the incredible career of Hoops legend Jock Stein ahead of Albion...
Even amid the breezeblocks of Airdrie’s Excelsior Stadium, Celtic supporters are liable to identify portents of history in the making on Sunday. If the switching of the Scottish Cup tie with Albion Rovers from ramshackle Cliftonhill is regrettable for ma
Manchester City midfielder Bruno Zuculini has joined Hellas Verona on loan for the rest of the season, linking up with his brother Franco at the Serie B leaders. The 23-year-old Argentinian has yet to make a league appearance for City since joining in 20
Liverpool forward Sadio Mane likely to miss Chelsea clash as Senegal reach Africa Cup of Nations quarter...
Sadio Mane’s Senegal put in a superb performance to book their place in the last eight of the Africa Cup of Nations on Thursday night. While that is great news for Mane and his international team-mates, it’s likely to be less satisfactory for Jurgen Klop
Aitor Karanka has warned supporters not to expect too much from £6million signing Patrick Bamford. The Middlesbrough boss says the former loan star would be playing for Chelsea had he kicked on from the season-long stay in which he scored 19 times and wo
Does the mysterious WOLF 1061c hold life? Astronomers say nearby exoplanet lies within the 'habitable zone'
Astronomers are investigating a planet just outside of Earth’s solar system that could have the right conditions to support life. Known as Wolf 1061c, the planet sits right within the habitable zone, and is close enough for scientists to conduct ongoing
AC Milan have made a revised bid to sign Everton's Gerard Deulofeu with the offer of a £430,000 loan fee and an option to sign the winger permanently for £15.5million at the end of the season. The young Spaniard has interest from Ajax and Wolfsburg also
Tottenham unveil flash new stadium design with glitzy restaurant, wine and cheese bar and glass-fronted...
It was at White Hart Lane in the early days of the Premier League revolution when I was struck by my first bolt from football’s future. Sheffield Wednesday were at Tottenham and the good folk of South Yorkshire had been plunged into a state of confusion
Brendan Rodgers insists he's never so much as mentioned the possibility of the Treble to his players – in case it distracts them from their short-term goals. The Celtic manager takes his players to face Albion Rovers in the Scottish Cup on Sunday 19 poin
Adlene Guedioura insists Algeria can still qualify for Africa Cup of Nations last eight despite Tunisia...
Watford midfielder Adlene Guedioura insists Algeria can still qualify for the quarter-finals of the Africa Cup of Nations, despite a defeat by north African rivals Tunisia on Thursday night. Despite a strong side featuring last season's Premier League pl
The Raiders could be the next NFL franchise to relocate after the league confirmed the Oakland-based club have applied to move to Las Vegas. Just one week after the Chargers followed the Rams to Los Angeles, the three-time Super Bowl-winning Raiders have
- 00:23 Junior football: Cambuslang Rangers' new signing can add quality in...
- 00:23 Ayr United v Queen's Park: Gus MacPherson insists Spiders will give...
- 00:23 Games for 2017 review: Time to try Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare?
- 00:22 ‘Relaxed mowing’ of Leeds parks could save the public purse...
- 00:21 Nigel Farage lands role as political commentator on Fox News during...
- 00:21 Nigel Farage 'to become close unofficial ADVISER’ to President...
- 00:21 WARNING: Dangerous second-hand tyres 'putting lives of drivers AT...
- 00:16 Picture This
- 00:16 Poetry
- 00:16 Bright future beckons for this Solo effort
- 00:16 Owner puts relegation battle down to his illness
- 00:16 Cricket: Broken hand forces Hales to miss rest of Tour
- 00:16 Jones: Lack of leaders could cost England the World Cup
- 00:16 Mike Ambrose: A lovely man and an inspiring journalist
- 00:17 Murder probe after university student dies in attack near...
- 00:16 The stark choices faced by Ecuadorians
- 00:17 Drivers' lives at risk due to dangerous second-hand tyres,...
- 00:16 The just cause of fairer political representation
- 00:17 PM's post-Brexit strategy includes energy storage and battery...
- 00:16 Threadbare nationalism
- 00:16 Syria: Isis destroys more ancient monuments in Palmyra
- 00:16 Brazil: Judge’s death investigated
- 00:17 Personal data being shared on huge scale, claims Which?
- 00:17 Bastia 1-1 Nice: Mario Balotelli kept quiet on his return as away...
- 00:16 Protests mark Trump’s first day as US president
- 00:17 Sir Michael Fallon vows the US will remain UK's closest...
- 00:17 Paul Clement believes Daniel Sturridge can cope with Jurgen Klopp's...
- 00:16 Ex-doctor is Labour choice for Copeland
- 00:17 Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola claims B teams are 'the...
- 00:16 Corbyn: Cuts would dog independence