News from Daily Mail
The pound fell below $1.23 against the dollar today on the back of ‘terrible’ UK retail sales figures in the run-up to Christmas. The UK currency slipped 0.4 per cent to $1.228 and by 0.2 per cent to €1.154 against the euro during today's trading, after
Robert Snodgrass could miss Hull's trip to Chelsea with muscle injury as Marco Silva fights to keep star...
Robert Snodgrass could miss Hull's visit to Premier League leaders Chelsea on Sunday due to a mystery injury. According to manager Marco Silva, the 29-year-old has an unspecified muscle problem. When pressed on which muscle, he declined to answer. 'It's
Memphis Depay thanks Manchester United fans after completing £21.6m switch to Lyon: 'I will never forget...
Not one to hold a grudge, Memphis Depay has written a heart-felt thank you to Manchester United fans as he puts an end to his Old Trafford nightmare. The Dutchman took to social media on Friday after completing a £21.6million move to Lyon, where he will
Premier League predictions challenge: Sportsmail's experts go head to head on this weekend's fixtures......
Welcome to The Prediction Challenge. It's what millions of us do every day - predicting what the score will be in a Premier League match. THE STORY SO FAR REPORTERS 1-0 COLUMNISTS There were no correct scores last week but Laura Williamson beat Chris S
Wayne Rooney testimonial raises over £1million after Manchester United's clash with Everton in the summer
Wayne Rooney’s testimonial raised an incredible £1.2million for charity, the player’s foundation has revealed. Over 60,000 people were at Old Trafford to watch a full-strength Manchester United side draw 0-0 with Everton last August, which went a long wa
Tony Pulis has confirmed Stoke have made a bid for Saido Berahino but insists the value is ‘nowhere near’ what West Bromwich Albion want. Mark Hughes has also said price is separating the clubs and believes the relevant people are ‘entrenched in position
David Moyes admits new signings won't make a big difference to Sunderland's fight against relegation
David Moyes has warned that any players he signs this month won't make a big difference in Sunderland's fight against relegation after admitting that funds are 'limited with a capital L'. The Black Cats boss is working under strict financial constraints
Great British Design Challenge winner Daniela reveals her inspirations and favourite touches that landed...
The winner of fourth series of The Great Interior Design Challenge has been announced. Daniela Tasca York was told she had won this year's series by the TV show's presenters Daniel Hopwood and Kelly Hoppen following a gripping final, which also included
HSBC has agreed to pay back £4million to customers who paid for unreasonable debt collection charges the bank applied between 2003 and 2009. The London-listed global bank will set up a redress scheme to work out exactly how many customers will receive re
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino insists superb form is down to emotion of leaving White Hart Lane: 'We...
Mauricio Pochettino believes Tottenham's latest form surge is fuelled by the emotion of a final season at White Hart Lane which has instilled players with a 'warrior' spirit and created a vital connection with fans. Spurs will move out in May and spend a
It's been a long, hard battle for redheads the world over. Now, after years of campaigning, ginger people could finally be getting their own emoji. Silicon Valley bosses are set to discuss introducing a ginger emoji into iPhone globally next week. Scroll
RFU appoint visual awareness coach to join Eddie Jones' backroom team... and she was part of England's 2003...
The RFU have announced the appointment of Dr Sherylle Calder as a visual awareness coach to join Eddie Jones' backroom staff ahead of the start of the Six Nations. Dr Calder has been part of two Rugby World Cup winning sides during her storied career, in
From Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Gareth Bale to Martin Odegaard and... Daley Sinkgraven? Every major country's...
Real Madrid are closing in on the £8.6million signing of Swedish teenage forward Alexander Isak from AIK. Should the 17-year-old swap Stockholm for Spain, he would beat the record fee for a Swedish teenager Ajax paid Malmo for Zlatan Ibrahimovic in 2001.
Can Manchester City's £27million wonderkid Gabriel Jesus challenge Sergio Aguero to be Pep Guardiola's...
Gabriel Jesus has been heralded as a future superstar of Brazilian football ‒ the new Neymar ‒ and someone who can become Manchester City's first-choice striker. That is what appears to have Sergio Aguero worried. The Argentine was locked in late-night t
Leyton Orient release bizarre statement claiming players missing owner Francesco Becchetti is reason for...
The uncomfortable atmosphere around Leyton Orient has been further inflamed by an unusual statement from chief executive Alessandro Angelieri, which pins some of the blame for the club's poor results on the players missing their chairman. Orient, current
- 10:44 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:44 Council plans a further £34m of cuts and a council tax increase
- 10:43 Girl, 5, and woman knocked to floor after collision with car in Leeds
- 10:42 Teenager remains critical after collision on busy South Tyneside road
- 10:42 Hundreds oppose plan to turn village's last pub into a house
- 10:42 Liverpool v Wolves: Fans snap up FA Cup tickets
- 10:41 Carlisle pair threw lit fireworks from car during police chase
- 10:40 Bid to improve residents’ health
- 10:39 PM 'confident' of striking trade deal with US
- 10:39 Snow falls in parts of Spain for the first time in over a century
- 10:39 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:39 Super scooter keeps David flying high
- 10:38 Does the sad state of Florence Nightingale statue speak volumes...
- 10:38 Leonne Weeks: Murder accused Shea Peter Heeley in court
- 10:37 The weeks best new DVDs to buy or stream
- 10:35 Chest mounted video cameras issued to EVERY frontline North Wales...
- 10:35 Arsenal to use Alexis Sanchez to land top European midfielder
- 10:34 ‘Bedtime stories for adults’ prove online hit
- 10:33 Images of Yesteryear
- 10:33 Monte Carlo World Rally Championship 2017 kicks off - Everything...
- 10:31 Driver rescued after lorry crashes on A1
- 10:31 Police crime report for Ashfield South
- 10:31 Ex-England defender reveals how Chelsea players feel about Diego...
- 10:30 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:30 Mel Gibson returns to the silver screen in big style with WWII...
- 10:28 Sky is putting its prices up in March and this is how you can stop it
- 10:28 Transfer News: Arsenal hijack Everton, Chelsea snub to cause Leeds...
- 10:26 How Man City should line up against Tottenham
- 10:26 Tom Daley admits to ‘online sex session with fan’
- 10:25 RSPCA West Midlands: Bucky, Madge and Prince are waiting to be adopted