News from Daily Mail
Cash Isa rates continue to trail those offered on similar taxable accounts. While banks have edged up rates on their ordinary accounts, only a handful have raised rates on their cash Isas. Among them is Virgin Money, which pays a top 1.01 per cent on it
How monthly savers could get 4% return (but hurry top deal is unlikely to last until the end of the week)
Savers rushed into the new regular savings plan from internet bank Ford Money this week. The 4 per cent fixed-rate deal on offer sold out within 24 hours. Ford's regular Saver Cash Isa account, also at 4 per cent for a year, is still on sale, but unlikel
INVESTMENT CLINIC: I want to transfer £20k from my cash Isa into a stocks and shares Isa, but I don't want...
I've never invested before, but I want to transfer £20,000 from my cash Isa into a stocks and shares Isa. However, I don't want all my money in one fund. How can I do this if you can pay into only one stocks and shares Isa each year? R. B., Southend-on-
How you can save £8,000 with new investing website: US firm Vanguard, launches 'fund supermarket' with...
Savers can get a £8,000 boost by investing in funds through a cheap new website that has undercut its expensive rivals. Investing giant Vanguard, an American company, has launched a so-called fund supermarket with rock-bottom prices. You pay just 0.15 pe
Admiral hiding real price hikes: Insurance giant uses misleading figures that make increases seem smaller
Thousands of Admiral car and home insurance customers have been given misleading information over premium hikes. Under rules introduced in April, insurers must include how much customers paid for cover the previous year alongside their renewal quote so t
King Tutankhamun's bed and chariot go back to the pyramids as they are moved to new Grand Egyptian Museum
The first of the many wondrous artefacts found in Egyptian boy king Tutankhamun's tomb were transported carefully through Cairo's streets on Tuesday to their new home near the Giza Pyramids. The still unfinished new Grand Egyptian Museum at the foot of t
A French startup company has developed an automated valet service operated by a robot. The robot, named Stan, doesn't require a customer's car keys - instead, it picks up your vehicle and takes it a secure car park. The system is also connected to the cu
Plastic drinking straws are an utter waste, says an eco boss who claims adults who use them are no better...
Plastic drinking straws are ‘the ultimate in human wastefulness’ according to a recycling firm. Adults that use them for their drinks are little better than ‘eight year olds’ – and paper straws are just as good, it warned. A further disaster for the envi
Suicide risk is 4 times higher for lung cancer patients than people with any other form of the disease,...
Lung cancer patients are four times more likely to suffer suicidal thoughts than patients diagnosed with any other form of the disease, a new study claims. Researchers analyzed 3,640,229 patients in America's national database on cancer records over a 40
Why Facebook is the worst thing for a new mother's mental health, fueling anxiety, depression and stress
You haven't showered in a few days, and you haven't brushed your teeth yet this morning. But, your baby is one month old today! You picked out the perfect outfit and made sure the lighting was just right for the perfect photo. You posted the best one on
Mother begs internet to help her find a lung donor for her 'miracle' son, 20, who wasn't expected to...
Nicholas 'Nico' Vigliotti was never expected to survive a day. He was the second child in the world to be born with chromosome 14 deletion disorder, a rare condition that affects his breathing, mental capacity and thyroid. However, surgeons in Long Isla
Boxer Jose Uzcategui reveals very bloodshot eyes as he holds first press conference since he was attacked...
Jose Uzcategui has appeared in front of the cameras for the first time since he was attacked by Andre Dirrell's trainer on Saturday night. Uzcategui was punched in the face by Leon Lawson after Dirrell had just won on a disqualification after he was hit
Ajax manager Peter Bosz refuses to compare young striker Kasper Dolberg to former star Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Ajax manager Peter Bosz has refused to compare Kasper Dolberg to another young star striker from the club's past, Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Dolberg, 19, has emerged as Ajax's leading forward this season and has fired them to the Europa League final, where they
England fly-half George Ford looking to lead from the back in Argentina in absence of Lions star Owen Farrell
George Ford is intent on proving he can boss England's backline without British and Irish Lion Owen Farrell's help this summer. Fly-half Ford is determined to spearhead England's drive for a two-nil Test series win in Argentina, before rejoining Leiceste
Leicester manager Craig Shakespeare and squad fly out to Monaco for talks about future with club owners
Craig Shakespeare flew out to Monaco with Leicester's staff and squad on Tuesday night for a post-season debrief with the club's owners and talks about his future expected. Leicester's coaching staff, hierarchy, and the majority of players are in the pr
- 18:55 Third of travellers admit THIS is their dream hotel...and the...
- 18:55 Manchester attack hero's estranged mum urges him to call
- 18:54 Antiques Roadshow’s return to Borders now just over a month away
- 18:54 Is Nicolas Otamendi now the odd man out in the Man City defence?
- 18:54 Manchester United line up vs Ajax includes Juan Mata and Chris...
- 18:54 See pictures of Peaky Blinders filming in Dudley - with Shelby...
- 18:51 Birmingham Airport reintroducing free drop-off parking
- 18:51 Ribchester romp steals the show on Newbury’s Lockinge Day
- 18:50 Lincolnshire scientist loses 3 fingers as bomb explodes in his hand
- 18:49 Damir Skomina will not be thinking about Jose Mourinho’s criticism,...
- 18:49 Coronation Street to pay tribute to Manchester terror attack victims
- 18:49 Kim Kardashian celebrates third anniversary with Kanye West after...
- 18:46 Minute’s silence to be held for Manchester attack victims on...
- 18:45 Man Utd confirmed XI vs Ajax: Martial and Carrick benched; Fellaini...
- 18:44 U.S. home sales fall as tight supply boosts prices
- 18:44 Irish PM demands review of watchdog over flawed Anglo Irish case
- 18:43 Reports of strange 'mist' descending on Merseyside - updates
- 18:40 Plan for Bomber Command visitor centre one step closer after huge...
- 18:39 Hunt on for terrorist network suspected of Manchester attack
- 18:39 Council warning after huge mound of household waste dumped in stream
- 18:38 Manchester United v Ajax: Jose Mourinho makes 10 changes for Europa...
- 18:38 Manchester United v Ajax: Zlatan Ibrahimovic arrives ahead of...
- 18:37 Brother of Manchester bomber ‘was planning his own terrorist attack’
- 18:37 Dates and details of UK terror attacks since the 7/7 bombings
- 18:37 Anglian Water defends decision to dig up Louth beauty spot
- 18:36 Thousands protest against Temer, reforms in Brasilia
- 18:36 Minute’s silence to be held for Manchester attack victims on...
- 18:36 Mayor of Grantham gives town events group a cash boost
- 18:35 Games Inbox: Nintendo Switch ports, Hitman, and Mario +...
- 18:35 St Mary's Church in Dunstall to host fund-raising coffee morning...