News from Daily Mail
Video assistant referee system needs improvement despite game-changing decisions at Confederations Cup
The video assistant referee (VAR) technology being tested at the Confederations Cup in Russia should be refined, the head of refereeing at world soccer's ruling body FIFA said on Monday. 'In general we have really good results but for sure... many aspect
Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci is a 'future leader' says Massimiliano Allegri amid interest from Chelsea
Leonardo Bonucci could be the next captain of Juventus if he stays at the club, says manager Massimiliano Allegri. Centre back Bonucci is the target of major interest from Chelsea, and has been widely linked with a move away from Juve after falling out w
Sebastian Vettel was totally at fault for his clash with Lewis Hamilton in Azerbaijan, says Formula One...
Derek Warwick may have gone from poacher to gamekeeper, but the driver-turned-race steward lambasted Sebastian Vettel for his Azerbaijan antics. Vettel deliberately drove into the side of Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes but pointed the finger at the Briton, ac
Emirates Team New Zealand held their nerve to see off the challenge of Oracle Team USA and seal their first win in the America's Cup since 2003. A comfortable victory in the first race of the day secured a 7-1 win to banish bad memories of four years ago
England's potential openers fail to get perky against the pinkie in first Test auditions under the lights
On the day county cricket found itself in the pink, Alastair Cook's potential opening partners for next week's first Test against South Africa at Lord's failed to follow suit. With all 18 first-class teams embarking on a historic round of floodlit four-d
England women's coach Mark Robinson insists he will not make panic changes after Saturday's opening World Cup defeat by India. England face Pakistan at Leicester on Tuesday knowing a second loss would leave them facing an uphill struggle to reach the sem
Popcorn and crushed fruit might seem a better option than crisps...but are trendy snacks TRULY healthy?
The average Brit eats crisps, nuts or popcorn seven times a week, according to a recent survey. But there’s never been a wider selection of snacks, with everything from processed fruit to dried pulses and ‘air-popped’ crisps flooding the market. Such is
Two years ago my sister, staying for the weekend, started apologising profusely over breakfast for the noise made by her young family. Apparently her two-year-old had screamed the house down in the night. But no apology was needed. I’m so deaf without he
We may live in a throwaway society — but up to two million people in the UK are compulsive hoarders. According to new research, it first becomes a problem in 30-somethings, and affects more people with age, with seven per cent of the over-70s affected. H
Be warned: Thread veins are more than just unsightly - they're a tell-tale sign you could get a VERY nasty...
FOR as long as I can remember, I’ve had small, spidery thread veins on my legs and ankles. While friends wore summer shorts and dresses, I’d cover my legs. Shortly before marrying, aged 30, I had microsclerotherapy — where a liquid is injected to make th
For more than 40 years, David Hawkes has been developing medical imaging technology which has helped thousands of patients, including those with prostate cancer. But two years ago, he unexpectedly became a participant in a trial of a more accurate form o
THE very high pollen levels we’ve had for days on end mean that, for many, this is proving a summer to remember for all the wrong reasons. That’s because at this time of year we split into two camps: those who enjoy getting outside in the warm weather an
Mental health scandal: Patients are being sent 600 miles away for treatment in Scotland due to a growing...
Patients with mental health conditions are being sent up to 600 miles away to Scotland as there are no free beds close to home, an investigation has found. Some 5,876 adults were referred to another health trust for treatment in 2016/17, a 40 per cent ri
Hibernian speak with Kyle Lafferty as they look to scupper rival Hearts bid for the Northern Ireland striker
Kyle Lafferty will enter talks with Hibernian after the Easter Road side joined Hearts in the race for his signature. The 29-year-old is available on a free transfer after leaving Norwich City at the end of last season and has already listened to what He
Stoke go back in for Inter Milan centre-half Jeison Murillo as Ryan Shawcross contract concerns mount
Stoke have rekindled interest in Inter Milan defender Jeison Murillo. The Colombia international is among the players Inter are willing to sell to help offset their Financial Fair Play restrictions. Inter want around £15million for the 25-year-old who ha
- 21:56 'Graham Allen should never have to buy a pint in Bulwell again'...
- 21:54 Deadpool 2 FIRST pictures on set show X-Men mansion and disturbing...
- 21:53 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after Julie Parkin found...
- 21:52 Spalding traders do their bit before In Bloom judgement day
- 21:52 The ATM at 50: how a hole in the wall changed the world
- 21:48 Kurt Zouma insists he will not be leaving Chelsea
- 21:48 House panel spars over self-driving car rules
- 21:48 BlackBerry seeks sales force to match software focus
- 21:48 BlackBerry seeks sales force to match software focus
- 21:47 The incredible 40mph 'Willy Wonka' elevator that can move in ANY...
- 21:47 AI is set to trigger a 'global arms war' as firms and nations...
- 21:47 Fossilised Ice Age hyena feces sheds new light on ancient human...
- 21:47 The incredible high speed footage that reveals the inside of a...
- 21:46 Coroners seek relatives of Rastrick woman
- 21:43 Chance to see Huddersfield's most magnificent mansions
- 21:43 EuroMillions results: Winning numbers for £69 million jackpot on...
- 21:43 Everyone makes the same joke as Germany beat England on penalties...
- 21:43 Former Hearts striker Stephane Paille dies aged 52
- 21:43 Leader comment: Referendum rethink was the only option
- 21:43 Delivery Hero IPO to price in upper half of price range: sources
- 21:42 Vicente del Bosque urges Alvaro Morata to stay at Real Madrid amid...
- 21:41 Venezuela's Maduro warns of war if 'revolution' toppled
- 21:37 Coroners seek relatives of Rastrick woman
- 21:37 League of Legends Kayn reveal: New Champion livestream, as Riot...
- 21:36 US STOCKS-Wall St falters as U.S. Senate delays health vote
- 21:36 Albanian Socialists pledge reforms, jobs after election win confirmed
- 21:34 Young Lake District chef wins prestigious award
- 21:32 Coronation Street spoilers: Eva Price steps up her revenge plot...
- 21:30 BREAKING NEWS: University of Texas campus evacuated after bomb threat
- 21:28 Former Hearts striker Stéphane Paille dies aged 52