News from Daily Mail
Cheers! Drinking every day IS good for you, say scientists as landmark study finds a regular tipple can cut...
It was news greeted nationwide with a chorus of 'I'll drink to that!'… a scientific report last week suggesting that light-to-moderate boozing slashes the risk of an early death by a fifth. It followed dozens of other studies that seemed to suggest drink
Chelsea boss Antonio Conte faces race against time to bolster his squad with Fernando Llorente and Danny...
Antonio Conte uses laughter disarmingly well. On Friday he broke into a manic and threatening giggle when Diego Costa's comments about being treated like a criminal were put to him. But a month ago, sat in Beijing's Intercontinental Hotel, having just si
SALLY HAMILTON: The cruel cost of the current student fees system and its exploitative rates of interest
My ‘Room 101’ list would include earphone-wearing pedestrians with no spatial awareness and people who ‘reach out’ to me with press releases. But high up there is the ‘back to school’ advertising bombarding families even before the summer term’s prize-gi
The internet of things – where devices ranging from mobile phones and high-tech cars to fridges and smart energy meters are connected and can communicate with each other – is already changing the way people live. In the not too distant future we may all
Construction giant Carillion to plunge out of FTSE 250 as it prepares to launch emergency fundraising
Construction giant Carillion is on course for demotion from the FTSE 250 as it prepares to launch an emergency fundraising. The builder and engineering firm had a turnover of £5.2billion last year and employs 43,000 staff. But its market capitalisation h
Sir Martin Sorrell’s WPP advertising group – which counts HSBC, Vodafone, Ford and Coca-Cola among its clients – is likely to report slow growth for the first half of the year when it unveils results on Wednesday. The consensus forecast among analysts is
The 21st Century has so far been quite a ride. From the dotcom bubble and crash, to the financial meltdown, austerity, a Eurozone crisis and Brexit. The financial meltdown of 2007-2008 was in part a result of the dotcom crash and the policy responses to
The entrepreneur who gave his name to Clinton Cards lost almost £1million when his second greetings card business collapsed this year. A creditors report for iCandy Cards and Gifts, a chain that had 14 outlets across Essex, Suffolk and Hertfordshire, sho
Most independent businesses would like to see all workplace pension charges set up under auto-enrolment as a capped, all-in-one fee, says a study. A survey of 300 small firm owners and managers turning over up to £5million a year found that 83 per cent o
Platform for small firms to sell online opens tech centre in Portugal to sidestep problems created by Brexit
A fast-growing website that provides a virtual shop window for 300 small British companies is opening a technology centre in Lisbon to sidestep problems created by Brexit. Trouva – founded in London by Mandeep Singh and Alex Louizu – believes a foothold
In 1881, Tommy Clarke fitted out the world’s first electrically lit public building, the Savoy Theatre in Central London. Eight years later, the young entrepreneur opened a shop, T Clarke, in Knightsbridge and the firm has been operating under the same n
Video blogging sensation Zoella is boosting turnover at cosmetics firm SLG, which expects to pass the £40million barrier this year. The company is behind the Zoella Beauty range for the British fashion and beauty vlogger, who has notched up around a bill
It is not just beachside bag snatchers that holidaymakers need to worry about – much bigger losses come from pickpocketing companies and scammers trying to overcharge you from the moment you book a trip abroad. Banks, airlines and car hire firms have bec
Business rates agency set to lose 75% of senior staff despite pressure to help firms struggling with their...
The Government is poised to announce a swathe of job cuts at the department responsible for overseeing business rates, despite rising pressure on the organisation to help firms struggling with their bills. Three-quarters of the Valuation Office Agency’s
American tourists are pouring into Britain on an historic spending spree as a result of the pound’s slump since June last year. The US currency has reached historic highs against sterling, making it far cheaper for Americans to stay in the UK, eat in exp
- 07:39 Jose Mourinho confirms talks with Anthony Martial over his Man Utd...
- 07:39 West Brom transfer news and rumours; Move sanctioned for Tottenham...
- 07:38 Manchester United news and transfer rumours LIVE Zlatan Ibrahimovic...
- 07:38 Post Live: Breaking news, travel and weather updates around...
- 07:35 WATCH: Moment Russian policeman kills man suspected of stabbing...
- 07:33 Eclipse spectacle set to grip US public
- 07:31 Man Utd Transfer News: Draxler swoop claim, Adam tips Tierney,...
- 07:27 Sectarianism never results in progressive change
- 07:27 This is how Tory Britain makes people homeless
- 07:26 Nearly 70,000 sign petition urging more transport investment in...
- 07:26 Musk warns of 'killer robot' arms race
- 07:26 Parents on low incomes 'can't afford basics'
- 07:26 Crawford Falconer takes up post as UK's top trade negotiator
- 07:20 Olivia Attwood ‘dragged out of nightclub by security’ after fight...
- 07:20 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 07:20 Real Madrid to ensure David De Gea joins by next summer: Keylor...
- 07:20 Arsenal Transfer News: Oxlade-Chamberlain exclusive, Draxler bid,...
- 07:18 Young woman 'left humiliated and in tears' by car salesman
- 07:18 Hull Live: Breaking news, traffic and travel from across East...
- 07:12 Even the capitalists think Trump’s toast
- 07:12 Can Syria be free after Isis?
- 07:12 Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho reveals the secret behind...
- 07:11 Plans for new Carlisle bar and restaurant revealed
- 07:07 How Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump have restarted the war on drugs
- 07:07 What it’s like to go to A&E when you’re having a mental health crisis
- 07:04 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte urged to sign another striker despite...
- 07:03 Venezuela: Caracas stands behind new assembly despite US smears
- 07:03 Syria: Four civilians killed by shells after Assad warning to West
- 07:03 South Africa: SACP steps up ANC war of rhetoric
- 07:02 BBC weather: Carol Kirkwood hugs curves in form-fitting navy jacket...