News from Daily Express
The defending champion, 37, who famously wore the yellow jersey for 20 days over the 2004 and 2011 Tours de France, will call time on his career after this year’s Grande Boucle and will be hoping to add to last year’s Tour de Yorkshire title in the three
New research has discovered the majority of Brits don’t bother to get the necessary vaccinations before they head abroad. Travel insurance specialist Columbus Direct found six out of ten travellers shun the vital injections. They discovered a fear of unp
Kristian Prinsloo, who had turned 12 the day before, was mauled by the big cat three weeks ago in Lephalale in the north-eastern Limpopo province of South Africa. He had been visiting his grandmother Marie Strydom at her home on an estate owned by frien
The groundbreaking discovery uncovered the DNA without finding any bones - a potential scientific breakthrough. Researchers believe that the technique could shed new light on human evolution history by revealing important information without the need to
The Tianzhou-1, China's first cargo spacecraft, launched on April 20 and completed the first of three planned docking attempts with the orbiting Tiangong-2 spacelab two days later, state media reported. The successful five-day refuelling, directed from t
In scenes set to air this evening, the Sun King’s head mistress Madame de Montespan (played by Anna Brewster) is seen lying on a stone slab in a darkened room. She is dressed in a black gown, which exposes her breasts, as blood is dripped onto her by uns
Research published in the New England Journal of Medicine and Nature found tracking unstable chromosomes could be the answer to predicting when surgery for lung cancer is unsuccessful. In the Cancer Research UK-funded study on 100 patients, they discover
Manchester United were reported this week to be chasing two new forwards for next season. Manager Jose Mourinho wants to bring either Antoine Griezmann or Romelu Lukaku to Old Trafford. But the Portuguese boss' attempts to land Torino's Andrea Belotti ma
Terry announced earlier this month that he will be leaving Stamford Bridge at the end of the season. But the Chelsea captain is determined to continue his career at the highest level. Terry and Mourinho enjoyed an excellent relationship together at Chels
The Good Morning Britain presenter had been moaning that the chocolate basket for the studio had gone missing and she had not been able to have her daily supply of confectionary. Kate noted that the basket had been taken to the Loose Women studio yester
Director Conor McPherson was approached by the musician’s manager with a view to creating a show, which is set in Minnesota in the era of the Depression. Girl From The North Country - which will play in London this summer - is not a “jukebox musical” kin
The FTSE 250 takeaway-ordering website's multi-year agreement includes sponsorship of the TV show, app and annual live tour. It takes over from broadband company TalkTalk, which had been the sponsor for the past decade. Just Eat, which has more than nine
Britain's biggest mortgage lender's improving capital strength has also raised hopes for special dividend payouts for shareholders. Lloyds is close to full privatisation after a reduction to below 2 per cent of the Government's stake - it was 43 per cent
De Gea has been on Real Madrid's radar since he joined Manchester United. The La Liga giants weren't put off by the deal to sign him collapsing in 2015, and they believe they have finally got their man. De Gea will replace Keylor Navas as Zinedine Zidane
Stockdale has been crucial for Brighton this season, helping them to automatic promotion to the Premier League with 20 clean sheets in 43 appearances. But the 31-year-old goalkeeper is out of contract in the summer, which is said to have alerted a number
- 15:15 Lancashire recommends.... independent jewellers
- 15:15 Hybrid ‘super-slugs’ are invading British gardens and we can’t stop...
- 15:14 Libyan wealth fund trial against SocGen to start in UK court
- 15:14 Amazon, Alphabet drive Nasdaq to record high
- 15:14 Syrian youth find freedom in Parkour
- 15:14 Two arrested after Crich Post Office robbery
- 15:13 Go with the slow! Cambridge is named as having the slowest traffic...
- 15:13 This man has been crowned the best property dealmaker in Notts
- 15:13 Sheffield hospital trust launches new online disability access guide
- 15:13 Premier League stats: Who has scored the highest percentage of...
- 15:12 Slingsby visitors asked for straw poll on top scarecrows
- 15:12 VIDEO: The start of the 2017 Tour de Yorkshire
- 15:12 Two arrested after Crich Post Office robbery
- 15:12 Sheffield hospital trust launches new online disability access guide
- 15:11 Amazon 'style assistant' divides opinion
- 15:11 Cousins who attacked man in Llanrwst caravan appear in court
- 15:10 Neighbours spoiler: Will Piper get sexually assaulted after tense...
- 15:09 QUICK QUIZ: Seven questions about the last seven days...
- 15:09 Tottenham v Arsenal: 11 players could miss north London derby
- 15:09 Four in hospital after van smashed into bus stop in Clydebank
- 15:09 Two arrested after Crich Post Office robbery
- 15:09 Why parents could be entitled to a £2,000 windfall from the Government
- 15:09 Why your Vauxhall Zafira could be a fire risk - and how to check
- 15:09 Customers see their money disappear on Natwest banking app
- 15:09 Why you should never use these names for your children's 'privates'
- 15:09 BREAKING: Midfielder John-Joe O’Toole signs new two-year deal at...
- 15:09 Anthony Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko weigh-in before Wembley fight
- 15:08 High Tides April 29 to May 6
- 15:08 VIDEO: The start of the 2017 Tour de Yorkshire
- 15:08 Service to drive up food standards in East Lindsey