News from Coventry Telegraph
A man accused of slitting his ex-girlfriend’s throat would “hear voices in his head” telling him what to do, a court has heard. Jurors at Warwick Crown Court were told that Jack Williams also had regular dreams about killing or hurting people and on one
Coventry and Warwickshire residents are being urged to be aware of a new HMRC scam email which is doing the rounds. Worryingly, the scam message could see local residents fleeced by fraudsters. Scammers are targeting internet users with the fake messages
A thief tricked their way into a Coventry baby hospice before stealing cash and charity badges. Stunned staff at Zoe’s Place , in Easter Way, Ash Green, are keen for people to come forward with information after the brazen theft. The thief came into the
'Sisu need to sell the club' - Fans react to claim England footballers are 'interested in Coventry City...
Coventry City fans have been reacting to a city financial advisor's claims that he has lined up three former England international footballers who would join a consortium to take over the club. Jas Jaspal, owner of Oakwood Financial Advisors, has told th
Women in Coventry are being encouraged to book their smear tests after shocking figures revealed that uptake is at a 19-year low. Over 85,200 women between 25 and 64 in Coventry are eligible for screening, but only 70.5% take up the offer. Health bosses
On Sunday January 18, 1987, Coventry City's clash with Arsenal at Highbury was aired live on television. It was the first time the Sky Blues had featured on a live broadcast when ITV's 'The Big Match' cameras rolled in to North London. League leaders Ars
Almost 14,000 new homes, more traveller sites and a focus on businesses wanting to invest in the borough - that’s the plan for Nuneaton and Bedworth over the next 14 years. The long-awaited borough plan has finally been published revealing details of wha
The Woman Who... Awards 2017 are being launched to celebrate the achievements of our region's women in business . Nominations are now open for the awards, which take place in May to recognise inspirational women from across the Coventry , Warwickshire an
Sam Ricketts has backed Russell Slade’s back to basics approach to steer Coventry City clear of the threat of relegation. The 35-year-old is trying to do his bit as well as he continues to exert his influence and develop his coaching skills with the Sky
So, you've woken up in the morning, and you're faced with a horrible sight. You've had your coffee and your cereal, but when it comes to head out to work, you find yourself blocked in. Of course, sometimes it's understandable if somebody is parked outsid
Two new multi-storey car parks could be built in the city centre. Councillors will discuss plans to replace the Salt Lane car park, New Union Street multi-storey and Cheylesmore surface car park at a cabinet meeting on January 24. The plans to create 900
According to reports on MailOnline, Coventry City have shown an interest in Brentford's Alan McCormack. The midfielder has struggled for game time at Griffin Park this season, and the Bees appear to be keen on letting the midfielder leave on loan to main
Car salesman suffers "horrendous" injuries after thief steals van and mows him down during test drive
A car showroom worker suffered “horrendous” injuries after being locked out of a car and mown down during a test drive. The victim suffered injuries to his leg, torso, head and back after being dragged ten metres down the road. He is in a serious conditi
Apple is to raise the price of apps in the UK by up to 25% following the fall in value of the pound. The US tech giant has issued new pricing guidance to developers using its App Store. It will mean the lowest priced app or in-app purchase costing 79p wi
There are few things worse than lying in bed tossing and turning into the wee small hours, but a recent survey us Brits are the worst sleepers in the world. And it's not for the lack of trying. A whopping £58million is spent on over-the-counter sleep aid
- 12:24 Man arrested at Chester FC v Wrexham derby game over racist abuse
- 12:24 Aston Villa transfer news: Conor Hourihane on a move to Villa Park
- 12:23 This is how Wayne Rooney celebrated breaking Manchester United's...
- 12:23 What to do if you need to call the police but it is too dangerous...
- 12:23 Woman unconscious after falling into Pocklington Beck
- 12:22 Newhall tip will now charge people for throwing away certain types...
- 12:22 Everton FC: Barkley remembers who he is while Davies follows up his...
- 12:20 Dumbarton FC blog: Frustrating defeat after string of impressive...
- 12:20 Send us your #SmearForSmear photos to raise awareness for Cervical...
- 12:19 Man City striker Gabriel Jesus opens up about debut frustration
- 12:18 From no food to roast dinners... the surgery that let me eat again:...
- 12:18 Air cadets show skills
- 12:18 Ivanka Trump: Donald’s daughter in pictures from child model to...
- 12:17 Chelsea have 'no doubts' over Diego Costa's commitment, says...
- 12:17 Ben Stokes fireworks help England set India 322 to win final one...
- 12:17 Roger Federer progresses to Australian Open quarter-final after...
- 12:16 School places issue in the political spotlight
- 12:14 It’s an unfolding miracle for Dakota
- 12:13 Winter restoration projects at historic Cumbrian hall are nearing...
- 12:13 Super-agent Jorge Mendes in talks with Chelsea over Diego Costa...
- 12:11 British woman’s five-year prison sentence on ‘secret...
- 12:11 Hat-trick of venues in the running for wedding award
- 12:11 Care home is rated as good after recent CQC inspection
- 12:11 Foul-mouthed woman assaulted hospital receptionist after bust-up...
- 12:10 Wrexham AFC fans left to wonder what might have been
- 12:09 2017 property crash would see £399 a week wiped off UK property values
- 12:08 ‘We need volunteers’: Burgh-le-Marsh Carnival is back
- 12:08 East Midlands Air Ambulance in demand
- 12:08 One in 13 has Type 2 diabetes, new figures show
- 12:08 New football academy will offer practical training and study in Oakham