News from Coventry Telegraph
Spring may be here - but snow, freezing temperatures and heavy frost are all on the way this week. The Met Office has warned of the threat of icy weather across the UK this week, with temperatures set to plunge. Forecasters said said it would be “much co
Staff from Celesio UK unleashed their inner rock stars at their annual charity fundraiser. At a special Stars in Their Eyes-themed event at the Hilton Hotel, Walsgrave Triangle, employees helped raise more than £3,700 for the Alzheimer’s Society. Ten peo
A speeding driver who killed a great-grandfather as he crossed a Coventry road has been jailed. Romans Lasmanis, who was late for work, was doing 45mph in a 30mph zone when he hit 73-year-old Leonard Steptoe in Sewall Highway, Wyken, in April last year.
This is the shocking moment scrambler bike yobs crash into each other as they try and flee police. The footage comes as West Midlands Police cracks down on illegal bikers causing misery across the Midlands. The video shows officers surrounding a fallen b
A man who caused a four-hour stand-off at Nuneaton quarry will face no police action over the incident. It has been confirmed that, despite there being 19 emergency service vehicles on hand and almost four hours of negotiation , Warwickshire Police Force
Do you recognise yourself in these Coventry Gang Shows of the 80s and 90s? As Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Explorers gear up to stage the 57th Coventry Gang Show this week , what better time to delve into the photo albums of past Gang Shows for a trip down
Strikers Stuart Beavon and Kwame Thomas are set to return to Coventry City ’s squad to face Port Vale tomorrow night. Former Burton Albion front man Beavon sat out Saturday’s trip to MK Dons due to suffering with ‘fatigue’ while Thomas was injured but bo
Coventry City fans turn to gallows humour and five other things we learned from the club's 22nd League One...
Sign of the times The last time Mark Robins took Coventry City to stadium:mk they triumphed 3-2 in front of 4,000 travelling and fully entertained fans. That was back in 2012 when a goal from Franck Moussa and quick-fire brace from Stephen Elliott secur
This is the route a double decker bus took before it ploughed into a family home. The vehicle left a trail of destruction as it hurtled across a roundabout before smashing into the front of the semi-detached property . It appears the bus approached on th
A retired Coventry optometrist who admitted “grave errors” after an elderly patient went blind was wrongly struck off, the High Court has ruled. Mathew Clarke, who ran Clarke Opticians in Cheylesmore, was erased from the register by the General Optical C
The fact that only 6,834 had enough interest to attend this weekend’s Anglo-Welsh Cup final at Harlequins’ Stoop home speaks volumes about the competition’s lack of profile. This gets worse when you consider that Leicester, who routinely draw over 20,000
Fire crews were forced to undertake emergency repairs after it was feared a family home could collapse after being hit by a double decker bus. Firefighters have spent more than three hours repairing structural damage and reinforcing the semi-detached hom
Theresa May will trigger EU withdrawal talks under Article 50 on March 29, Downing Street has announced. The Prime Minister's letter officially notifying the European Council of the UK's intention to quit will set in train a two-year negotiation process
Theresa May will trigger EU withdrawal talks under Article 50 next week. The Prime Minister's letter officially notifying the European Council of the UK's intention to quit will set in train a two-year negotiation process expected to lead to Britain leav
A young woman has been sexually assaulted in a car park in Nuneaton. Police say the woman, who has not been identified, was attacked in the communal parking area at Kensington Court in Camp Hill during the early hours of Sunday, March 12. They have only
- 02:23 William Wilberforce brought back to life in virtual reality
- 02:20 YP Comment: Why Britain will always stand firm against terror –...
- 02:14 Thousands expected at Martin McGuinness's funeral in Londonderry
- 02:14 Detectives probe Westminster knifeman's terror rampage that left...
- 02:14 Post-Brexit vote fall in EU nationals working in UK 'driven...
- 02:14 Crime gangs exploiting corruption at European borders to smuggle...
- 02:14 Majority of women feel embarrassed breastfeeding in front of...
- 02:14 Balloon and sky lantern bans urged on councils by conservation group
- 02:04 Trump aide 'tried to hide' Russian payment
- 01:54 Drop in teacher training recruits revealed
- 01:50 Arsenal hero: Mesut Ozil should copy this Tottenham star
- 01:49 Trump sends holiday greetings to Iranians, does not mention travel ban
- 01:40 MPs honour the memory of PC Keith Palmer
- 01:37 Euro zone banks under scrutiny but none in danger watchdog says
- 01:37 Nicola Sturgeon says new independence referendum now “highly likely”
- 01:29 Kyle Edmund joins Dan Evans, Heather Watson and Aljaz Bedene as he...
- 01:27 Why is Spain in the middle of a spat between China and Taiwan?
- 01:25 Kabbage looks to raise money for acquisitions: sources
- 01:21 Is it safe to drink Fanta and Sprite in Nigeria?
- 01:19 England flanker Chris Robshaw returns for Harlequins as he aims to...
- 01:16 Warning over segregation in England's schools
- 01:16 Sinn Féin oppose any extension to Stormont talks deadline
- 01:16 Bill Clinton to attend Martin McGuinness' funeral
- 01:11 Star Wars updates: This is the CRAZIEST alternate Rogue One ending yet
- 01:09 Coronation Street spoilers: Phelan’s next victim? The killer...
- 01:09 Viewpoint: Life in the land of 'candle princesses'
- 01:09 Spain's female bodyguards who protect abused women
- 01:07 JAPAN'S NIKKEI SHARE AVERAGE FALLS TO 1-1/2 MONTH LOWS
- 01:06 我的家乡温岭曾经连红绿灯都没有，而如今已有140万人口
- 01:06 Oil bounces off November lows, but bloated U.S. stockpiles pressure...