News from Coventry Telegraph
Cruel reports of acid attacks in Coventry have been confirmed false by police. Posts on social media have been suggesting people are most at risk of a random acid attack when sat in traffic. The frightening posts have been seen on Facebook, with people i
Coventry City kick-off their first season back in the fourth tier of English football at home to Notts County. Mark Robins ’s new-look Sky Blues will entertain the Magpies at the Ricoh Arena on Saturday, August 5, with their first long away day in League
Video LoadingVideo Unavailable Click to playTap to play The video will start in 8CancelPlay now Coventry City will learn their fate at 9am this morning as the EFL fixtures for the 2017/18 season are released. The Sky Blues will kick off their League Two
Welcome to the Telegraph's daily news live blog, bringing you all the latest news, sport, travel and weather from around Coventry and beyond every day. Stay tuned for all the latest updates below: If you've spotted anything in your area, you can get in t
Readers have reacted angrily to the news that car parking charges have risen again at Coventry’s University Hospital. Visitors to the Walsgrave hospital will still get 10 minutes parking free, but after that the price of every hour spent in the car park
Police in Warwickshire have launched a new strategy to support victims of hate crime around the region. The strategy has been deployed by Warwickshire and West Mercia Police in a bid to support victims and help improve the reporting of hate crime, report
There’s a chance to have YOUR say on driverless cars in Coventry this month, at an Ideas Café event hosted by WMG, University of Warwick. Researchers from WMG’s Experiential Engineering Group are running a free event in the heart of the UK’s motor city,
Former Coventry City manager Steven Pressley has revealed he wants to work 'at the very top'. The Scot, who departed the Sky Blues in 2015, went on to manage Fleetwood Town. The former Sky Blues boss and defender left the Cod Army last year, with the Hig
Jaguar has revealed it is to launch its second SUV - the E-Pace. The Coventry car maker says the new model will combine “sports car design and agility with everyday SUV practicality”. The E-Pace will sit below the F-Pace in the marque’s SUV line-up, whic
A serious M6 pile-up involving a minibus left seven people injured and drivers facing delays of more than an hour and a half. The motorway was closed in both directions for almost an hour between junctions two and three, for Coventry , as two air ambulan
Five people have been arrested in connection with the suspected murder of a Nuneaton woman. Police issued an update as they released an image of Dionne Clark who was found dead in a house on Cornish Close, off Ansley Common, in Nuneaton , on Saturday nig
Is there anything making your blood boil at the moment? It could be messy housemates, or dating apps, or the commuter you sit next to every day on the train who chews so loudly that you want to rip your ears out. Well, if any of that sounds like your lif
Former Tamworth striker Danny Newton says he opted to sign for League Two Stevenage despite other clubs sending him messages. The 26-year-old forward caught the attention of Football League clubs after enjoying a terrific campaign in Conference North wit
A young driver was found to have taken ecstasy, cocaine and cannabis. Rikky Wimbleton was behind the wheel of a Vauxhall Corsa in Fletchamstead Highway when he was stopped by officers in December. Tests found that he had a number of drugs in his blood an
A Nuneaton man has claimed he and his friend had to sleep in a hotel car park after trying to give a homeless woman a bed for the night. Chris Sadler and his friend Dale Barnwell, were staying in a hotel in Birmingham when they offered the woman a place
- 15:23 British holidaymakers making false food poisoning claims could be...
- 15:24 Europe sets sights on cheap rocket engine by 2030s
- 15:23 Vroom with a view! Model who partied with Prince William converts...
- 15:24 Exclusive - Fake online stores reveal gamblers' shadow banking system
- 15:23 Are economy passengers FINALLY going to get decent in-flight meals?...
- 15:23 Josh Kelly, Anthony Fowler, Bradley Saunders & Natasha Jonas...
- 15:23 Arriva Rail North staff to stage three-day strike in July over...
- 15:23 Urgent care centre to remain closed overnight
- 15:22 Kenya cholera outbreak hits dozens at health conference
- 15:21 Health risk at Kirkby takeaway due to hygiene problems
- 15:21 Seddon investigates after crane collapse kills two in Crewe accident
- 15:20 Burglars scrawl racist abuse in Heckmondwike man’s home after...
- 15:20 Urgent care centre to remain closed overnight
- 15:19 Family’s farewell to newlywed Christine
- 15:18 Grenfell Tower charity single is fastest-selling single in 10 YEARS...
- 15:18 Transfer rumour: Aston Villa target departs Championship club
- 15:17 ‘We will have millions of migrants’ EU chief calls for urgent...
- 15:17 Otto Warmbier funeral: Hundreds say goodbye to student who was held...
- 15:17 Man jailed for attacking wife with machete & dousing her in petrol...
- 15:17 Order Of St George or Big Orange? Royal Ascot Gold Cup trainers...
- 15:16 University of Derby in top 20% alongside Oxford and Cambridge in...
- 15:16 Oliver Falivena manslaughter trial: jury discharged
- 15:16 Duo take on charity rally in £500 banger
- 15:16 TRAFFIC: Lane closure on M1 southbound near Chesterfield and Mansfield
- 15:16 Tributes paid to former mayor of Higham Ferrers
- 15:15 New footbridge replacing one damaged in floods put in place in...
- 15:13 House of Cards season 5: Who is Dominique McElligott? Who plays...
- 15:13 Schoolbench unveiled at Moray school in memory of pupil
- 15:13 Meet the Lam-boat-ghini! 'Pristine' Aventador SV Roadster and a...
- 15:12 Jo Cox's children are designing a coat of arms to hang in...