News from Coventry Telegraph
A rare throwback clip of EastEnders stalwart June Brown appearing in Coronation Street more than 45 years ago has been shared by the soap, leading the tributes on the veteran star's 90th birthday. While Brown is best known for appearing as Dot Cotton in
Motorists on the M40 faced delays of more than an hour this morning after a jack-knifed lorry closed several lanes on the motorway near Gaydon. A car and the lorry collided on the busy motorway between junctions 12 and 13 shortly after 8am. One person wa
Coventry City have announced details for customers looking to hire an executive box for the Checkatrade Trophy final. The Sky Blues will play either Oxford United or Luton Town under the arch on April 2, and while executive box packages are subject to av
Taking vitamin D supplements could spare more than three million people from colds and flu in the UK every year, according to a new study. The so called 'sunshine vitamin' is recognised for its role in bone and muscle health, but it also protects against
Things are finally looking up for back row forward Olly Povoas after an injury-hit start to his Coventry career. The 20-year-old back row forward has spent more time on the physio table than on the field this season, but after safely negotiating two full
Atomic Kitten star Kerry Katona has said the dress she wore to play a fairy godmother in pantomime was so heavy it has left her with back problems. The Warrington-singer donned a huge sparkling gown for the role in Cinderella at the New Theatre Royal in
Two people have been arrested and detained in a raid by immigration officers at a travel agents in Coventry. Officers swooped on Mahdi Travels in King Edward Road, Hillfields, on Tuesday and found two men who had overstayed their visas. Immigration check
Swindon Town loanee Rohan Ince has been cleared by a jury of hitting a bouncer with a Jack Daniel's bottle. The 24-year-old - on loan from Brighton & Hove Albion - is now looking forward to "getting his career back on track". Ince was...
A man has been charged after a woman was stabbed in Coventry. Mihai Ilie, 28, of Foleshill Road, Foleshill, is charged with wounding and is due to appear at Coventry Magistrates Court today. West Midlands Police say a woman was injured at a home in Foles
The hunt is on for a Coventry Lotto winner who has just days to claim a bumper £100,000 prize. The winning Lotto Millionaire Raffle winner bought their ticket in the Coventry area in August last year. Now the University of Warwick’s Wheelchair Tennis Clu
Debenhams topped a list of shame of a list of employers across the country who failed to pay their workers the national minimum or living wage. The company, which is based in London but has a large store at West Orchards Shopping Centre in Coventry, was
A Coventry drug dealer who hid a pistol in his dustbin can have no complaints about his tough 11-year sentence, senior judges have ruled. Harpriat Singh Dyal, 47, of Foleshill Road, Foleshill, was jailed at Birmingham Crown Court in February last year. J
London-born rapper Wiley paid tribute to the genre he helped to pioneer as he was recognised for his contribution to music at the NME Awards. The Grime artist was handed the prize by long-time collaborator Skepta who was recognised with his own accolade
The morning news headlines: Campaigners hail church vote on same-sex marriage as 'victory for love'; Amber...
CAMPAIGNERS HAIL CHURCH VOTE ON SAME-SEX MARRIAGE AS 'VICTORY FOR LOVE' Campaigners have hailed a decision by Church of England's ruling body to throw out a controversial report on same-sex marriage as "a victory for love and equality". The...
Coventry City fan John Baker has published a video on Youtube discussing Arsenal fans who complain about the status of their club. The journalist mocks Arsenal supporters who feel anger towards their club, and compares their current situation with the pl
- 11:47 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:46 Model who dangled 1,000ft off Dubai skyscraper investigated by police
- 11:46 My journey to Miss Bikini Body: Dressing the part is motivating me...
- 11:45 Manchester City target Lionel Messi in £100m deal as superstar's...
- 11:44 Manchester United vs Reading U23s LIVE score and goal updates
- 11:43 Is this the best job in Lincoln? Game testers wanted!
- 11:42 Coventry woman caught carrying three kitchen knives in a public...
- 11:40 Part of M1 closed between J26 and J25 near Derby due to incident
- 11:40 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:40 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:39 Chelsea are a better team when Antonio Conte picks Cesc Fabregas,...
- 11:39 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Bad weather puts a dampener on weekly Bakewell market
- 11:38 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:38 WASPI CAMPAIGN: 1950s women demand action on pensions
- 11:36 Man United News: Woodward’s £1bn plan for Mourinho, £30m Arsenal...
- 11:34 Police to review 484 cases after criminal probe launched at...
- 11:34 This Bicester style village is coming to the Midlands - here's what...
- 11:34 Jordan Veretout: Midfielder on his Aston Villa future and Steve...
- 11:32 Unravelling tales about Edith
- 11:32 The first ever Muslim-friendly ‘modest’ fashion show is taking...
- 11:31 Flooded church reopens its doors to worshippers
- 11:31 Pensioner fighting for life in hospital after being hit by a taxi
- 11:30 COLUMN: How does your chippy measure up?
- 11:30 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:30 Nottingham's Jazzie Mattis progresses to BBC's Let It Shine final
- 11:30 John Terry reveals what inspired Chelsea’s FA Cup win… it’s all to...
- 11:30 Beeston's Hannah lands role working for celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay
- 11:29 Ken Loach hits out at Government as he collects Bafta for North...