News from Coventry Telegraph
The Six Nations is a wonderful competition because of its colour, history and partisan local rivalries. Usually the rugby is pretty enjoyable too, and for many fans it has a magic that the autumn international series never will, despite the presence of w
Two people had a lucky escape after a car overturned in Coventry. Their silver Subaru Legacy ended up on its roof on a grassy bank near Bexfield Close in Rye Hill, just off the A45 slip road, in Allesley. Smoke was seen pouring from the front of the car
Fleetwood Town have bolstered their attack ahead of Saturday's trip to face Coventry City at the Ricoh Arena. The Cod Army have splashed the cash on what is believed to be a hefty six figure sum to secure the services of former forward Wes Burns from Cha
Paul Dyson grabbed the winner with a headed goal in a stirring 1-0 win over Liverpool, the reigning champions of England. The Merseyside club brought their host of stars to the West Midlands, including Graeme Souness and Kenny Dalglish, expecting to clai
Coventry Bees Speedway have not agreed a solution which will allow them to race this season with just hours to go until a crucial deadline. The chairman of the British Speedway Promoters Association (BSPA), which runs the speedway league, told the Telegr
Fans favourite Cliffie Hodgson admits that even he had begun to doubt he might ever get there, but he finally took his place in Coventry’s 100 club last Saturday when he led out the side to face Blackheath. “It’s a massive honour,” said the 27-year-old S
Did you see man getting arrested? IPCC investigation launched after suspect suffered knee injury in Coventry
An incident in which a man was injured as he was being arrested in Coventry is being investigated by the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC). At about 2.10am on Sunday, December 4, West Midlands Police arrested a motorist who had pulled up op
14:25 All emergency services on scene Police, fire engines and ambulance are on the scene on Rye Hill after a car overturned into a grass verge. Four people were thought to be in the car, but somehow managed to get themselves out.
Coventry City chairman Tim Fisher denied the club was “dying” in a BBC Radio One interview this afternoon. The Sky Blues’ plight featured on the station’s Newsbeat programme in the wake of a series of vociferous protests calling for the club’s London hed
13:50Enda Mullen-COV Next generation of electric cars Last November, in the wake of the application being submitted, JLR’s CEO Ralf Speth revealed the company wanted to build the next generation of electric cars and their batteries in Coventry - generati
Two men and a teenager from Coventry were arrested after police stopped a car and found a deadly Samurai sword. Officers had been looking for a car following reports a pedestrian had been injured in a road rage incident in High Street, Leamington, at 1.4
There is a way to boost your state pension by thousands - but, worryingly, hardly anybody is aware. Billed as the ‘Nanny tax credit’, these are Government tax credits available to people who have given up work to look after their grandchildren. Known as
Coventry and Warwickshire supermarket shelves are running low on courgettes after the cold snap on the continent hit suppliers. The weather in Spain and Italy has also affected lettuces, salad peppers, broccoli and cabbage. The hit comes a time when cons
If you think you have what it takes to be a 999 emergency call taker, we have just the job for you. January is often a time of the year when people dream of a new role or career. And West Midlands Ambulance Service is helping you out in 2017. WMAS is loo
Plans have been submitted for 19-storey student accommodation tower block close to Coventry city centre. The Friar’s Road scheme is being put forward by Manchester-based Crosslane Student Developments, part of the Crosslane Group. The company is proposin
- 17:38 Wayne Rooney: What it means to me to break Sir Bobby Charlton's record
- 17:37 Dogs ‘tag team’ king cobra when he accidentally slithers into...
- 17:37 Search launched in Eskdale for missing man
- 17:35 DIY SOS-style makeover helps couple in need
- 17:34 Wayne Rooney breaks record to salvage point for poor Manchester...
- 17:34 Has Wayne Rooney fulfilled his potential at Manchester United?
- 17:34 Jose Mourinho: Wayne Rooney is now a Manchester United legend
- 17:33 Kilmarnock 0 Hamilton 1 as Accies pick up their first win in 12...
- 17:33 Stoke 1-1 Man United: Five things we learned as Wayne Rooney breaks...
- 17:32 Michael Moore goes on bizarre rant as ONE MILLION Donald Trump...
- 17:31 Chester 1 Wrexham AFC 1: Dragons forced to settle for point in...
- 17:31 New football academy will offer practical training and study in Oakham
- 17:30 Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney is Premier League’s all-time...
- 17:29 Dons edge Cobblers in eight-goal thriller as Edinburgh starts with...
- 17:28 Strippers in thongs fight off topless man in club brawl
- 17:28 Lush features gay couples in Valentine’s ad and it’s super cute
- 17:27 What cobblers! Angela Merkel snubs Donald Trump's inauguration to...
- 17:27 Saudi migrant 'murdered Catholic pensioner for beliefs then left...
- 17:27 Swiss teenager saved by heroic trio after being sexually assaulted...
- 17:27 Big Interview: Glen Chapple
- 17:27 What's that smell? Firefighters called out to 'chemical' incident
- 17:26 FILM REVIEW: Assassin’s Creed
- 17:24 Lack lustre demand at Bakewell market
- 17:23 Poundland fined after gnawed chocolate and rodent droppings found...
- 17:23 Is £1 shampoo just as good as the £40 top-of-the-range stuff
- 17:23 Manchester United explain why Marcos Rojo isn't in squad vs Stoke City
- 17:23 Wayne Rooney is Manchester United's all time top goal scorer
- 17:23 Bus station: "Lost a cucumber? Lettuce know..."
- 17:22 Women's March: Thousands hit UK streets to join global movement...
- 17:22 College hosts foreign languages seminar