News from Coventry Telegraph
99p Stores has fallen into administration - less than two years after being bought by high street giant Poundland. Around 60 stores are thought to be affected, according to a report in trade journal Retail Week. A 99p Stores spokesman, however, has said
There is no prospect whatsoever of the Coventry Bees returning to Brandon Stadium to race until police a police investigation into the alleged theft of fixtures and fittings at the site has been concluded. Lawyers acting for stadium owners Brandon Estate
Imminent changes to Vehicle Excise Duty mean consumers have just over a week to secure a deal on a new car before tax rates soar by over 2,000 per cent. The cost of taxing a car purchased after 1 April 2017 could be up to 25 times more, with even some of
A Coventry man deliberately ran over a friend and fellow am-dram enthusiast while high on drink and drugs, a court has heard. Kamaljit Dhaliwal claims the death of David Lamont was a “tragic accident” which occurred after a night out drinking and smoking
Chris Sarginson has been appointed as the match referee for the Sky Blues' Checkatrade Trophy final against Oxford United on Sunday. It will be the first time City have made an appearance at Wembley in 30 years, although the Sky Blues are big underdogs f
A water company is being threatened with a fine for over-running works in Nuneaton. Coventry-based Severn Trent is facing the penalty from Warwickshire County Council for chaos on the roads. Traffic in Hinckley Road has been described as “hellish” while
Coventry City flags sold by the club as official merchandise for the Wembley final are now too big to be allowed into the stadium without special permission following last minute rule changes. Stadium regulations were changed for the Checkatrade Trophy F
For Wasps and England flanker James Haskell, the well-worn phrase ‘from head to toe’ has never had more resonance. It is somehow difficult to take an injury to an 18-stone muscle-bound giant’s tootsie overly seriously, but for the powerhouse back-rower i
Coventry City goalkeeper Lee Burge was named in the Football League Paper's 'Team of the Week', following his excellent performance against Bristol Rovers on Saturday. The 24-year-old was in fine form at the weekend making a number of crucial saves to co
A long-held family ambition will come true next season when Stourbridge captain Ciaran Moore joins Birmingham Moseley. At a glance little seems remarkable about the 23-year-old No.8 becoming the latest player to become part of Richard Protherough’s first
A crowd of music lovers flocked to a records fair held at Coventry’s Fargo Village. With vinyl said to be outselling downloads, the event attracted a number of records fans yesterday. They could browse through prog rock, punk rock and hip-hop to soul, re
Coventry City vs Oxford United: Will the Checkatrade Trophy final have extra-time or is it straight to...
The Checkatrade Trophy final will go to extra-time if the match ends with both sides level after 90 minutes. Coventry City will take on Oxford United at Wembley Stadium on April 2. The Sky Blues will be backed by thousands of travelling supporters agains
On-demand laundry cleaning app launches in Coventry - and you can get a £10 voucher by signing up now
A new on-demand laundry and dry cleaning service has now launched in Coventry. Laundrapp collects, dry cleans and delivers at the same price as taking your things to the local dry cleaners while partnering with local drivers. The service is one of the UK
Commuters can expect long delays on the motorways tonight after two separate incidents on the M6 and M42. A serious collision has forced the closure of both sides of the M42 between junction 7 and junction 8. The accident happened just after 2.30pm on th
These are the devastating photos which show the reason why parents are now scared of taking their children to a park play area. The wreckage of a car which was deliberately set on fire has been lying in the middle of Caludon Castle Park since March 15 -
- 10:10 Woman gets £14k payout from dentist after 'three years of mouth pain'
- 10:09 Michael Howard SLAMS anti-Brexit minister as he reveals he was...
- 10:08 Court shows mercy for bereaved homeless man after fracas
- 10:08 Concern growing for missing mum and two young children
- 10:08 One-week-old baby squirrel found in felled tree in Insch
- 10:07 Alive thanks to my sister and kindness of strangers
- 10:07 Corby furniture project set to close thanks the people of Corby for...
- 10:07 Brits are returning to THESE terror hotspots on holiday - will YOU...
- 10:07 Jesus Army sex offender sentenced for string of indecent acts...
- 10:07 From San Francisco Bay to the Tay: ‘Dead-in-Iraq’ activist reveals...
- 10:07 Yorkshire tops annual animal cruelty league of shame
- 10:06 ‘Disgraceful’ - what you said about school asking for £10 a month...
- 10:06 Marks and Spencer recall soup due to possible contamination
- 10:06 Nicola Sturgeon hails 300 jobs boost for Glasgow
- 10:06 Ten years of £22 million NHS homes scheme
- 10:05 Burton man charged with having a ball and chain in public place
- 10:05 Coventry City fans to feature on Soccer AM before Checkatrade...
- 10:05 Bishop Carpenter Primary School wins top award
- 10:05 Oxford United rout Bury as the U's warm up for Coventry City in style
- 10:05 Marks and Spencer recall soup due to possible contamination
- 10:04 Struck down by a stomach bug? Take care and don’t overshare as...
- 10:03 Police investigate attempted robbery on teenager
- 10:03 Alive thanks to my sister and kindness of strangers
- 10:02 South Yorkshire people being helped to spot signs of a stroke...
- 10:01 Crash in Derby Road near Kilburn leaves car overturned and slow...
- 10:01 How many managers has each Premier League club had over the past...
- 10:00 South Yorkshire people being helped to spot signs of a stroke...
- 10:00 Court shows mercy for bereaved homeless man after fracas
- 10:00 German markets facing ‘GRAVE CONSEQUENCES’ if Brexit deal not...
- 09:59 Specialist role to support patients with learning disabilities