News from Coventry Telegraph
The morning news headlines: Chancellor will listen to concerns over 'fair' National Insurance hike, says May
CHANCELLOR WILL LISTEN TO CONCERNS OVER 'FAIR' NATIONAL INSURANCE HIKE, SAYS MAY Theresa May said the Chancellor will listen to concerns raised by Tory MPs about the Budget's controversial National Insurance hike, but defended the change as...
Police say that a man who went missing on Thursday might be in Leamington. Lakhbir Kalirai, who is from the Sunny Hill area of Derby, was reported missing to police at 10am on Thursday. The 42-year-old is described as 6ft 4ins, slim and bald, with severa
Police have released CCTV images as they investigate an attack at a city centre bar that left the victim in a coma. A man was attacked by three men in the toilets at Samoan Joe’s Tiki Bar, in Spon Street, at around midnight from December 10 in to Decembe
07:07 Traffic lights out We are hearing reports that temporary traffic lights in Gulson Road - near the junction with Harper Road - are currently not working. Please approach with care. 07:04 Hello everyone Welcome to Friday’s live blog - the weekend is
A great-gran from Coventry risked her own life as she disarmed a man brandishing a knife at a busy railway station. Gail McClelland took matters in to her own hands after watching on in horror as the man waved the knife around during a row with a restaur
A global property player which dropped out of a move to a new £100million Coventry business district has refused to say whether it might leave the city altogether. The Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) had withdrawn from plans to relocate its
The curse of the Coventry City old boy has a touch of double dread about it when Mark Robins attempts to steer the Sky Blues to their first victory under his leadership, second time around. In-form Bradford City visitor the Ricoh Arena on Saturday lookin
This is the first picture of snooker hall victim Patrick Redmond, whose life support machine was turned off after receiving devastating head injuries last week. Ian Cracknell has paid tribute to Patrick, who was his partner for six years, and has release
Coventry City fans have snapped up so many tickets for the Checkatrade Trophy final at Wembley that they could fill the Ricoh Arena. Ahead of general sale next week, Coventry City have sold a total of 32,596 of the club’s 39,441 available tickets. The am
Shocking CCTV has been released showing the moment a drunken thug crippled his girlfriend by repeatedly throwing her down a flight of stairs. The victim requested that the footage be released in the hope that it might encourage other victims of domestic
This is the incredible moment a very brave homeowner dragged a would-be thief from his wife's car as it defrosted on their driveway. The man, who wishes to remain anonymous, confronted the bold thief on Monday morning after he found him behind the wheel
Wasps’ fans, who have enjoyed a regular stream of red-letter days in recent times, have today been forced to swallow a less sugar-coated Kurtley Beale shaped pill. The Australian superstar, who joined their club on an initial one-year deal last May, has
A thug from Coventry whose “terrible campaign of violence” left a six-month-old baby with 32 broken bones has had his jail term slashed. James Alan Laidlaw, 24, of Wexford Road, Wood End, was jailed for 19 years in December 2015 after being convicted of
A $370million deal has been signed to begin large scale production of a range of electric sports cars and SUVs in Leamington. More than 200 new jobs will be created at Detroit Electric’s factory in Harrison Way with the launch of the SP:01, a £100,000 sp
Kurtley Beale will leave Wasps at the end of this season in order to pursue his 2019 World Cup dream. The Australian, reported to be one of the Aviva Premiership’s highest-paid players, signed a one-year deal with the league leaders in 2016. His debut fo
- 12:25 Man accused of attempted murder after woman stabbed in park does...
- 12:24 COMPETITION Win one of three £80 meals at PizzaExpress
- 12:24 Exclusive - Liberty House mulls stake in troubled Italian steel...
- 12:24 Holly Willoughby fumes as she’s grilled about pregnancy rumours:...
- 12:24 Kylian Mbappe tells Monaco this about his future amid Man United...
- 12:24 More information needed about controversial landfill site at former...
- 12:24 EU support among Germans reaches 25-year high, survey shows
- 12:24 Mansfield mayor: Terror attacks were ‘too close for comfort’
- 12:24 It’s time we all treated the NHS with respect
- 12:23 Nottingham 'gig' postponed due to Parliament terrorist attack
- 12:22 Westminster terror attack: Rugby man nearly hit by car on bridge
- 12:21 Google urged by judge to 'take responsibility' in fight against...
- 12:21 Why you could be getting a pay rise from April 1
- 12:21 Blackpool students compete for digital future
- 12:21 Youtube prankster to headline Friday night comedy at Alexander's
- 12:21 Transfer News: Arsenal's £25m Barca raid, £38m Man Utd and...
- 12:21 As the new Formula One season gets ready to kick off in Melbourne,...
- 12:21 Former Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez drops another...
- 12:20 Livingston FC fan blog: It's been a successful few days for the...
- 12:20 Skai Jackson hits the red carpet after her viral meme took the...
- 12:20 Celtic star Scott Brown is the reason I'm now Norway skipper, says...
- 12:20 Rangers interview Peter Lovenkrands for coaching role under Pedro...
- 12:20 Russian man pleads guilty over $500m malware scam
- 12:20 Cuts will see schools fall in league tables
- 12:20 Trojans get reality check in home loss to Saddleworth
- 12:20 Sharks push title favourites all the way in narrow defeat
- 12:20 More support for victims of domestic abuse in Derbyshire
- 12:19 More support for victims of domestic abuse in Derbyshire
- 12:19 Sinister online bullying craze sweeps UK classrooms - everything...
- 12:19 Everton FC linked with striking reinforcements