News from Coventry Telegraph
Former Liverpool and Stoke winger Jermaine Pennant is back in English football. The ex-Birmingham City right midfielder has agreed a short-term deal with League One side Bury. The 33-year-old last played in this country for Wigan Athletic in 2015. But no
Premier League Fantasy Football tips for this weekend's fixtures as Manchester City take on Tottenham
The Premier League returns ahead of a break next weekend for FA Cup action. Last weekend saw Liverpool head to Old Trafford and pick up a point against Jose Mourinho and his Manchester United side, with the old rivals drawing 1-1. This weekend, the Reds
A British man has died while working on a stadium for the 2022 World Cup, organisers said. They said the unnamed 40-year-old man died on Thursday during construction of the Khalifa International Stadium, which is due to stage games up to the quarter-fina
Bargain hunters have got up early this morning to make the most of a massive sale at Boots. Queues were already forming at the store in Lower Precinct before the doors were opened at 8.30am. The popular high street name says that selected lines will have
20 people were injured and three people were killed after a man deliberately drove into a street crowded with pedestrians in Australia's second-largest city. Police said the incident in Melbourne on Friday had no links to terrorism. The chaos began in th
Police have arrested two men in connection with the robbery of a van which left a car showroom worker with potentially life-changing injuries. The man was dragged ten metres down the road and suffered injuries to his leg, torso, head and back during a te
A driver has died after a crash between a car and a van on a country road. Paramedics and firefighters fought to save the man after the smash on the A429 just south of Ettington, in Warwickshire, on Thursday, but he was pronounced dead at the scene. Thre
Coventry taxpayers will be in line to receive a slice of Wasps ’ profits if the club’s takeover of the Ricoh Arena becomes a financial success, the Telegraph has discovered. When the council agreed to help fund the building of the Ricoh Arena in 2003, a
Councillors have approved a move to turn a detached house in Coventry into a GP’s surgery. The two-storey property at 103 Leamington Road, Styvechale, will be extended and adapted to enable Phoenix Family Care, a GP practice currently based in Park Road,
DONALD TRUMP VOWS TO UNIFY THE US AS HE PREPARES FOR INAUGURATION Donald Trump has pledged to unify America as he prepares to be sworn in as US president, amid plans for widespread protests and a boycott by dozens of politicians. The tycoon-turned-politi
07:40 M6 crash There are reports of an accident on the M6 northbound between Corley Services and J3A. The outside lane is said to be blocked - we’ll bring you more as we get it. 07:34 Car rampage in Australia A baby is feared to be among three people kil
Cov Kid Courtney Baker-Richardson has set his sights on the top after bouncing back from rejection by the Sky Blues. The 21-year-old striker made his first-team debut for his home town club under Steven Pressley in an FA Cup tie at Hartlepool in December
Generous supporters of a charity that helps sick children have raised a whopping £500 after a brazen thief walked into their hospice and stole a charity box. Fundraising boss at Zoe’s Place, Mick McCann, has revealed that nearly four times the amount tha
Russell Slade is looking to bring in up to four more players in the January transfer window to boost Coventry City ’s battle against relegation. The Sky Blues boss is hopeful of drafting in two new strikers, one of whom is Derby County’s leading Under-23
This was the aftermath of a serious collision in which both drivers miraculously escaped serious harm. A 21-year-old man driving the car was trapped for about 30 minutes near the crossroads on the FosseWay at Moreton Paddox, Warwickshire. He suffered fac
- 10:45 'Paul Pogba wants me back at Manchester United... he wants to play...
- 10:45 Manchester City vs Tottenham combined XI: No room for Gabriel...
- 10:44 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:44 Council plans a further £34m of cuts and a council tax increase
- 10:43 Girl, 5, and woman knocked to floor after collision with car in Leeds
- 10:42 Teenager remains critical after collision on busy South Tyneside road
- 10:42 Hundreds oppose plan to turn village's last pub into a house
- 10:42 Liverpool v Wolves: Fans snap up FA Cup tickets
- 10:41 Carlisle pair threw lit fireworks from car during police chase
- 10:40 Bid to improve residents’ health
- 10:39 PM 'confident' of striking trade deal with US
- 10:39 Snow falls in parts of Spain for the first time in over a century
- 10:39 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:39 Super scooter keeps David flying high
- 10:38 Does the sad state of Florence Nightingale statue speak volumes...
- 10:38 Leonne Weeks: Murder accused Shea Peter Heeley in court
- 10:37 The weeks best new DVDs to buy or stream
- 10:35 Chest mounted video cameras issued to EVERY frontline North Wales...
- 10:35 Arsenal to use Alexis Sanchez to land top European midfielder
- 10:34 ‘Bedtime stories for adults’ prove online hit
- 10:33 Images of Yesteryear
- 10:33 Monte Carlo World Rally Championship 2017 kicks off - Everything...
- 10:31 Driver rescued after lorry crashes on A1
- 10:31 Police crime report for Ashfield South
- 10:31 Ex-England defender reveals how Chelsea players feel about Diego...
- 10:30 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:30 Mel Gibson returns to the silver screen in big style with WWII...
- 10:28 Sky is putting its prices up in March and this is how you can stop it
- 10:28 Transfer News: Arsenal hijack Everton, Chelsea snub to cause Leeds...
- 10:26 How Man City should line up against Tottenham