News from Coventry Telegraph
They’re the biggest epic fails from delivery drivers in the Midlands. Parcels chucked onto roofs, shoved in bins, and workers were caught on camera bunging presents between lorries – with many crashing to the floor. One video filmed by an outraged onlook
I recently wrote about Joe Elliott’s first ever Coventry City game against Preston North End in a friendly in January 1956 and several other City fans remembered the occasion including Rod Dean and John Woodfield (his first match, too). But 48 hours afte
"Heartbroken and angry" - widow speaks out after husband's employer fined £1m for failing to prevent his death
The wife of a man who was killed in an industrial accident has spoken out after his employers were fined nearly £1million. Tracey Seward said she was “heartbroken and angry” that her husband Mark had died at work because his employer “took so little care
The family of a terminally ill man have thanked Coventry City FC after he was “treated like royalty” at the recent Checkatrade Trophy semi-final. Michael Sturdy had gone to the game with members of his family as part of a bucketlist he has compiled after
New images of been released to show what Warwickshire’s first Hotel du Vin will look like when it opens in Stratford later this year. Malmaison Hotel du Vin have said work is fast progressing on transforming two Grade II listed Georgian townhouses. The n
Russell Slade says that Coventry City have to keep a tight rein on Cody McDonald when the Sky Blues old boy returns to the Ricoh Arena this afternoon. The 30-year-old striker didn’t flourish at Coventry after being recruited by Andy Thorn in the summer o
Two men travelled from Birmingham to steal over £600 worth of alcohol from a Coventry wholesalers. Sean Ellis and Aaron French were found guilty of nicking the huge amount of booze from the giant Costco store, in Canley. The pair, who are both 23, were g
A major Coventry road has been renamed after the late, great Jimmy Hill following a Telegraph campaign. Jimmy Hill Way signs now take pride of place on a stretch of the A444 from Coventry City’s new home at the Ricoh Arena to Holbrook Way. As manager at
A child has been hit by a car outside a school in Coventry Shortly after Cardinal Newman School in Keresley finished for half term today, there was a crash involving a young boy and a car. The boy, who is thought to be around 11-years-old, was taken to h
A compromise has been struck between a pensioner and council chiefs after he was fined £100 for feeding swans. Police were called after Michael Rennie was handed two penalty notices for feeding the birds at Quinton Park, in Cheylesmore. He was told his a
The Telegraph is backing a series of public debates ahead of the vote to elect a West Midlands mayor - and our readers will be able to join the audience. All five declared candidates James Burn (Green), Pete Durnell (UKIP), Beverley Nielsen (Lib Dem), Si
A horse was trapped for several hours in a collapsed farm building in Bedworth. Firefighters spent four hours battling to free the animal after it became stuck in the rubble. The drama unfolded in Dove Close just after 7am. As well as fire crews a vet wa
Few Coventry city players have had much to smile about over the past couple of months – but George Thomas is the exception that proves the rule. On the first-team fringe under Tony Mowbray and Mark Venus, the teenage striker has played all 12 games since
A shop worker has been given a suspended prison sentence and slapped with a hefty fine for selling fake cigarettes. Morad Mohmad Ahmed, 39, who works at Congrave’s Sweets and Treats in Atherstone, has been given a nine-month term, suspended for two years
A man is being treated for ankle injuries after his car collided with a set of traffic lights. The incident happened in Classic Drive, Foleshill, at around 1.10pm today. West Midlands Police and West Midlands Ambulance were both called to the scene near
- 04:41 New Zealand court rules Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom can be...
- 04:40 Conor McGregor launches blistering attack on Floyd Mayweather: He's...
- 04:39 North Korea Kim Jong-nam killing: Malaysia recalls Pyongyang envoy
- 04:36 Hong Kong union joins critics of McDonald's HK, China sale, sees...
- 04:34 Philippines' minister stands by call to shut mines ahead of review
- 04:32 ALPS TERROR FEARS: Police hit the slopes amid fears jihadis are...
- 04:31 Final Fantasy 15 update 1.05: Square Enix set to begin rollout as...
- 04:30 Arsene Wenger: Defeat made me physically sick
- 04:27 U.S. inquiries into Russian election hacking include three FBI probes
- 04:21 Arsenal or Sutton? Lincoln boss Danny Cowley reveals who he wants...
- 04:14 Islamic State posts video of man it says was Egypt church bomber
- 04:14 Brexit: Lords to begin debating bill to trigger Article 50
- 04:12 How this angry shop owner is taking to to the thieves with his...
- 04:00 Manchester United want to sign this Real Madrid star after Antoine...
- 03:54 Tillside residents to be surveyed
- 03:44 Snap IPO expected to price March 1 after market closes
- 03:43 North Korea set for US SHOWDOWN as officials prepare landmark talks...
- 03:40 The Walking Dead season 7 episode 10: New Best Friends was an...
- 03:30 Activision news: Call of Duty 2017 setting update, Crash Bandicoot...
- 03:21 East Ukraine ceasefire due to take effect
- 03:15 Hitler's phone sold for $243,000 at US auction
- 03:13 Hain launches Brexit Bill bid as Lords debate Article 50
- 02:58 Sportsmail's Boxing Correspondent Jeff Powell scoops Reg Gutteridge...
- 02:47 Nikkei slips on yen, uncertainty on Trump policies
- 02:44 China coal firms to discuss moves to stabilise output on Tuesday -...
- 02:38 Donald Trump: MPs debate president's state visit to UK
- 02:33 Syria conflict: Rebels warns truce may collapse after attacks
- 02:26 Washington prepares to bring North Koreans to U.S. for talks - report
- 02:20 Angelina Jolie cries on BBC as she speaks about divorce from Brad...
- 02:11 The Walking Dead season 7: New fan theory predicts Carl will play a...