News from Coventry Telegraph
Championship club Wigan Athletic are interested in signing highly-rated West Ham youngster Marcus Browne, according to HITC. The 19-year-old starlet has been the subject of much transfer speculation this January after impressing for the Hammers' U23s, bu
A man was attacked with a knife and a baseball bat in Tile Hill and left with injuries to his face. The incident happened on Tuesday night between 9.45pm and 10.15pm in Edgehill Place. The victim suffered injuries to his face and leg in the attack. He wa
A woman pretending to be a restaurant manager brazenly stole cash from the safe at Las Iguanas in Coventry. Police have only just released details of the incident which at the new venue in Cathedral Lanes, Broadgate , on September 26. A CCTV image has be
Video LoadingVideo Unavailable Click to playTap to play The video will start in 8CancelPlay now Watch this video again Video will play in Ben Eccleston yesterday at the Bethany Hill trial Share this video Watch Next The trial of two people accused of mu
Coventry and Warwickshire residents could potentially be sitting on a small fortune. Experts are urging local residents and homeowners to check their coins - after a glaring error on one £2 number was snapped up by collectors. The newly discovered printi
Six Wasps players have been named in England’s squad for their RBS 6 Nations title defence. Fit-again James Haskell joins fellow forwards Nathan Hughes, Joe Launchbury, Matt Mullan and Tommy Taylor, while Eliott Daly is included after his red card and su
A driver suffered serious injuries after a horrific crash near near Bedworth last night. Three people were injured in the crash, which involved two cars in Coventry Road, near to The Griffin Inn. Firefighters cut the trapped man free and found he was ser
Premier League giants Manchester City have paid a record fee of £175,000 for 13-year-old Finley Burns from Southend United. The Times have reported that the fee could rise up to £250,000 depending on the progression of the young defender. City had to fig
Former Liverpool and Stoke winger Jermaine Pennant is back in English football. The ex-Birmingham City right midfielder has agreed a short-term deal with League One side Bury. The 33-year-old last played in this country for Wigan Athletic in 2015. But no
Premier League Fantasy Football tips for this weekend's fixtures as Manchester City take on Tottenham
The Premier League returns ahead of a break next weekend for FA Cup action. Last weekend saw Liverpool head to Old Trafford and pick up a point against Jose Mourinho and his Manchester United side, with the old rivals drawing 1-1. This weekend, the Reds
A British man has died while working on a stadium for the 2022 World Cup, organisers said. They said the unnamed 40-year-old man died on Thursday during construction of the Khalifa International Stadium, which is due to stage games up to the quarter-fina
Bargain hunters have got up early this morning to make the most of a massive sale at Boots. Queues were already forming at the store in Lower Precinct before the doors were opened at 8.30am. The popular high street name says that selected lines will have
20 people were injured and three people were killed after a man deliberately drove into a street crowded with pedestrians in Australia's second-largest city. Police said the incident in Melbourne on Friday had no links to terrorism. The chaos began in th
Police have arrested two men in connection with the robbery of a van which left a car showroom worker with potentially life-changing injuries. The man was dragged ten metres down the road and suffered injuries to his leg, torso, head and back during a te
A driver has died after a crash between a car and a van on a country road. Paramedics and firefighters fought to save the man after the smash on the A429 just south of Ettington, in Warwickshire, on Thursday, but he was pronounced dead at the scene. Thre
- 00:23 Junior football: Cambuslang Rangers' new signing can add quality in...
- 00:23 Ayr United v Queen's Park: Gus MacPherson insists Spiders will give...
- 00:23 Games for 2017 review: Time to try Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare?
- 00:22 ‘Relaxed mowing’ of Leeds parks could save the public purse...
- 00:21 Nigel Farage lands role as political commentator on Fox News during...
- 00:21 Nigel Farage 'to become close unofficial ADVISER’ to President...
- 00:21 WARNING: Dangerous second-hand tyres 'putting lives of drivers AT...
- 00:16 Picture This
- 00:16 Poetry
- 00:16 Bright future beckons for this Solo effort
- 00:16 Owner puts relegation battle down to his illness
- 00:16 Cricket: Broken hand forces Hales to miss rest of Tour
- 00:16 Jones: Lack of leaders could cost England the World Cup
- 00:16 Mike Ambrose: A lovely man and an inspiring journalist
- 00:17 Murder probe after university student dies in attack near...
- 00:16 The stark choices faced by Ecuadorians
- 00:17 Drivers' lives at risk due to dangerous second-hand tyres,...
- 00:16 The just cause of fairer political representation
- 00:17 PM's post-Brexit strategy includes energy storage and battery...
- 00:16 Threadbare nationalism
- 00:16 Syria: Isis destroys more ancient monuments in Palmyra
- 00:16 Brazil: Judge’s death investigated
- 00:17 Personal data being shared on huge scale, claims Which?
- 00:17 Bastia 1-1 Nice: Mario Balotelli kept quiet on his return as away...
- 00:16 Protests mark Trump’s first day as US president
- 00:17 Sir Michael Fallon vows the US will remain UK's closest...
- 00:17 Paul Clement believes Daniel Sturridge can cope with Jurgen Klopp's...
- 00:16 Ex-doctor is Labour choice for Copeland
- 00:17 Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola claims B teams are 'the...
- 00:16 Corbyn: Cuts would dog independence