News from Coventry Telegraph
Italian chain Zizzi’s will be the latest big name restaurant opening up in Coventry’s Cathedral Lanes shopping centre. They have submitted an application to Coventry City Council for a Premises License which would allow them to occupy unit two of the Bro
According to the Aviva Premiership’s official statistics provider, Opta, Nathan Hughes is Wasps’ stand-out performer after three rounds of top flight action. Indeed, such is the impact made by the powerhouse No.8 during wins over Sale and Worcester and S
A huge fire which led to the closure of a main Nuneaton road and a primary school being evacuated was started accidentally. Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service has confirmed that the cause of the blaze and resulting explosion in a large garage off Tuttl
easyJet have launched a flight sale with 20% off fares as Ryanair continue to cancel flights. There will be 100,000 seats included in the sale for seat fares from October 4 until January 31 in 2018. Destinations include Madrid, Majorca, Amsterdam, Berlin
Travellers will face travel disruptions as budget airline Ryanair plans to cancel up to 50 flights a day at several airports, including Birmingham Airport. The carrier is being urged to release a full list of the flights it is cancelling because it...
Investigations continue after a truck collided with several cars on the M5 leaving four people dead on Saturday. A woman and two children remain in hospital following a crash in the Midlands. Four people were killed in the incident, between junctions 16
An electrician who suffered a “massive electric shock” due to faulty wiring at a branch of Coventry Building Society has won the right to a big compensation payout. Darrell Baker, of Hednesford, near Cannock, was up a ladder at the branch in Arena Park,
A service outage has hit thousands of Microsoft Outlook users, with many unable to access their email accounts. Scores of users have reported issues logging in to their Outlook and Hotmail email accounts, with the technology giant confirming it is suffer
A warm front will lure a swathe of mild air across Coventry bringing a respite from the Arctic chill that has gripped the UK. High pressure to the east and a low pressure system in the north Atlantic will compete to dominate the country’s weather patter
Winds of 160mph have been recorded as Hurricane Maria speeds towards British overseas territories in the Caribbean already battered by Hurricane Irma. The US National Hurricane Centre said the hurricane, which has strengthened to a ‘potentially catastrop
Callum Wilson is not yet ready to return for Bournemouth in the Premier League, but Cherries boss Eddie Howe is pleased with his progress. Howe revealed the former Coventry City striker is showing good signs of progress in his recovery from a serious kne
Toys R Us, the pioneering big box toy retailer, has announced it has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the US and Canada, while continuing with normal business operations. A statement by the company, based in Wayne, New Jersey, said it is vol
Motorists on the M6 face lengthy delays this morning, following a large scale collision which somehow left everyone involved uninjured. A car fell from a vehicle transporter onto the carriageway - causing a three lorry pileup. The incident, which took pl
Coventry and Warwickshire has this morning woken up to a blanket of fog covering the region. It is busy on the motorway, with an accident closing three lanes on the M6 at J10 for Walsall. Closer to home, the fog is starting to lift but be careful out on
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge has posted a heartwarming message after meeting a young fan at Anfield. Sturridge, who came through the Coventry City Academy system, gifted his shirt to a supporter in Saturday's 1-1 draw with Burnley. Despite only dis
- 01:01 Eddie Howe delighted to see his strikers starting to score after...
- 01:00 International visits to US fall
- 00:57 Pokemon Go NEWS: Niantic update adds FREE item that TRANSFORMS your...
- 00:57 Young people 'face debt epidemic'
- 00:53 Quarter of 14-year-old girls 'have signs of depression'
- 00:53 Bristol City fans help Shrewsbury edge closer to funding...
- 00:53 Manchester City's squad laugh and joke in light-hearted training...
- 00:48 Trump's first UN speech met with criticism from some leaders
- 00:47 Neolithic Orkney rivalries detailed in new study
- 00:47 Experts gather for Europe's first dark sky conference
- 00:44 Life-extending lung cancer drug approved
- 00:43 Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha insists he will have no problem playing...
- 00:43 Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere is battle-hardened after 'tough...
- 00:35 Lawrie returns to the scene of his victory with his original weapons
- 00:30 Emmerdale spoilers: Gillian Kearney teases explosive details on...
- 00:23 Jurgen Klopp reacts to Liverpool's Carabao Cup exit at Leicester
- 00:22 10 university flashpoints over free speech
- 00:22 The Italians who prefer to drink American coffee
- 00:22 Smartphone sales boom with over-55s
- 00:22 Manchester police still relies on Windows XP
- 00:21 'Racist' Paddy Power advert for Mayweather v McGregor superfight...
- 00:20 Rail staff set for biggest strike since sell-off
- 00:20 Should I buy a diesel car? Debate on fuel CONFUSING motorists
- 00:19 Philippe Coutinho showed why Barcelona want him against Leicester -...
- 00:18 Barcelona players criticised for wearing shirts with Ousmane...
- 00:17 More entrepreneurs looking for an exit
- 00:17 Ministers face pay cap conundrum, says the IFS
- 00:17 Young spend three times more on housing than grandparents
- 00:17 Water companies pulled up over complaint calls
- 00:17 Google launches UK 'anti-terror fund'