News from Coventry Telegraph
A Coventry racegoer who broke another punter’s jaw with a single punch during last year’s Gold Cup meeting has avoided jail - but his punishment means he will have to miss his wife’s 30th birthday celebrations this weekend. Ground worker William Boyle, 3
The morning news headlines: Daughter of 'Britain's Schindler' calls for reversal of refugee scheme closure;...
DAUGHTER OF 'BRITAIN'S SCHINDLER' CALLS FOR REVERSAL OF REFUGEE SCHEME CLOSURE The daughter of Sir Nicholas Winton - who was hailed "Britain's Schindler" after saving hundreds of children from Nazi tyranny - has called on Theresa May to...
A new café and wedding venue could be opening in the medieval surroundings of Coventry Cathedral. City council planners have approved plans to transform the modern offices in Castle Yard, behind St Mary’s Guildhall. The opening of the new venue would cre
07:15 Travel news from our radio colleagues... 07:12 A444 We start with reports of an accident on the A444 around J3 of the M6. We’ll bring you further details as we get them. 07:10 Hey everyone! Welcome to another Friday morning - here again so soon wit
Former Chelsea and West Ham United striker Carlton Cole responds to Coventry City transfer speculation
Former Chelsea, Celtic and West Ham United striker Carlton Cole has spoken out over speculation regarding a potential move to Coventry City. The towering striker took to Twitter to have his say after he was questioned by fans on Thursday night. Supporter
Oldham Athletic boss John Sheridan wants his men to go for the throat when facing the struggling Sky Blues on Saturday. Russell Slade’s Coventry City side have not won in Sky Bet League One since November 1 while their one and only win away from the Rico
It was a dramatic weekend in the Premier League last weekend. Liverpool were humbled away to Hull City, as Sunderland and Everton ran riot against Crystal Palace and Bournemouth respectively. Elsewhere, leaders Chelsea cemented their place at the top of
A man who hit a teenage girl over the head with a hammer after taking her hostage will be sentenced today. Adam Sargent had tricked the 18-year-old in to his home and also pushed a knife against her throat during the terrifying ordeal in April last year.
The Archbishop of Canterbury has hit out at the Government’s decision to accept only 350 child refugees from Europe. The Most Rev Justin Welby, a former canon at Coventry Cathedral, said he believed ministers were “committed to welcoming up to 3,000 chil
Two teenagers have been jailed for more than 20 years after stabbing a 20-year-old in a park in Solihull. A police investigation identified Ahmed Ahmed, now 18, as having stabbed the victim while a 17-year-old boy − who cannot be named for legal reasons
Derby County's Charles Vernam could be fit to continue his loan spell at Coventry City in a couple of weeks' time while Watford front man Michael Folivi is back in training with the Sky Blues. The 20-year old Rams' forward returned to Derby after sufferi
A poorly baby who was sent home to spend her final few days with her family has defied expectations and is still fighting five weeks later. When tiny Kassadie-Maria Conway was sent home days after she was born mum Clare was told she wouldn’t live for mor
A brave boy who is battling cancer has said thank you to the people who have supported him so far. Kacper Goldiszewicz, who is only seven, desperately needs a bone marrow transplant and he has been overwhelmed by the rush of people wanting to support him
Former West Ham and Chelsea striker Carlton Cole is rumoured to be the latest target for Coventry City. The 6ft 3in tall striker made his name at West Ham, having started his career at Chelsea. Where it all began Cole started his career at Chelsea in 200
Thanks to the unstoppable Hartpury juggernaut, neither Birmingham Moseley nor their other 14 National One rivals have any interest left in this season’s promotion race. However, the Billesley Common club have taken a step towards ensuring they are on the
- 11:47 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:46 Model who dangled 1,000ft off Dubai skyscraper investigated by police
- 11:46 My journey to Miss Bikini Body: Dressing the part is motivating me...
- 11:45 Manchester City target Lionel Messi in £100m deal as superstar's...
- 11:44 Manchester United vs Reading U23s LIVE score and goal updates
- 11:43 Is this the best job in Lincoln? Game testers wanted!
- 11:42 Coventry woman caught carrying three kitchen knives in a public...
- 11:40 Part of M1 closed between J26 and J25 near Derby due to incident
- 11:40 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:40 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:39 Chelsea are a better team when Antonio Conte picks Cesc Fabregas,...
- 11:39 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Bad weather puts a dampener on weekly Bakewell market
- 11:38 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:38 WASPI CAMPAIGN: 1950s women demand action on pensions
- 11:36 Man United News: Woodward’s £1bn plan for Mourinho, £30m Arsenal...
- 11:34 Police to review 484 cases after criminal probe launched at...
- 11:34 This Bicester style village is coming to the Midlands - here's what...
- 11:34 Jordan Veretout: Midfielder on his Aston Villa future and Steve...
- 11:32 Unravelling tales about Edith
- 11:32 The first ever Muslim-friendly ‘modest’ fashion show is taking...
- 11:31 Flooded church reopens its doors to worshippers
- 11:31 Pensioner fighting for life in hospital after being hit by a taxi
- 11:30 COLUMN: How does your chippy measure up?
- 11:30 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:30 Nottingham's Jazzie Mattis progresses to BBC's Let It Shine final
- 11:30 John Terry reveals what inspired Chelsea’s FA Cup win… it’s all to...
- 11:30 Beeston's Hannah lands role working for celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay
- 11:29 Ken Loach hits out at Government as he collects Bafta for North...