News from Coventry Telegraph
Dai Young has announced that Wasps will almost certainly not be signing a big name international star to replace Kurtley Beale for next season. The Australian followed his countryman George Smith as Wasps’ international marquee player, whose costs sit ou
A Royal British Legion poppy collector who survived the Auschwitz concentration camp is celebrating his 100th birthday. Ron Jones is marking his centenary on April 30. Mr Jones, from Bassaleg, Newport, South Wales, has been collecting for the Royal Briti
A woman was taken to hospital with serious injuries after being found unconscious at a home in Coventry. Paramedics were called to a “medical emergency” at the house in Daimler Road, Radford, shortly before 8am today and urgently called police to the sce
Tim Fisher has apologised to Coventry City fans for the club’s relegation, insisting that it “hurts” and admitting his part in the demise which he also attributes to “off-field” distractions. The apology comes just days after Sisu chief executive Joy Sep
Walsall boss Jon Whitney has apologised to the club’s fans for their team’s performance against Coventry City . Mid-table Saddlers suffered a 1-0 defeat at the Ricoh Arena as Mark Robins ’s Sky Blues continued to improve at home under the new manager, se
Coventry Bees are no longer for sale after owner Mick Horton confirmed he was focused on getting the speedway team “back on track”. The club was kicked out of the British Speedway Premiership this season after a well documented row over Brandon Stadium s
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council’s leader has said the authority is doing all it can to deal with an illegal traveller camp. Cllr Dennis Harvey, who represents Camp Hill, the area where the group has parked up, has said the situation is “unacceptabl
A top neurosurgeon says whiplash is "simply non-existent". Charles Marks believes the problem is driven by medical professionals writing reports detailing "mainly non-existent" injuries, writes the Irish Mirror. Speaking to the...
Jeremy Corbyn will create four new UK-wide bank holidays if Labour wins the general election. The move from the Labour Party leader comes in a bid to give workers a well-deserved break. The four bank holidays would fall on the patron saints day of each o
A bailiff famous for his appearance on Channel 5 hit show Can’t Pay? We’ll Take It Away! is facing a race against time to save his life. Grandad Delroy Anglin was diagnosed with an aggressive form of leukaemia after being taken into the hearts of viewers
A former soldier who said he was going to murder his partner in a Coventry street - and started to count down from 20 - has been jailed. Parmjit Thami made the threats while brandishing a knife during a drunken argument in Harefield Street, Stoke, and sh
Satnav users have been warned to make sure their devices are up-to-date as tough new speeding fines mean old information could end up costing drivers thousands. From today motorists caught driving above the speed limit will face not only a three points e
A model punched by a doorman has apologised for her behaviour after it emerged she was on a five-hour bender when it happened. Mickyla Peberdy said she felt “suicidal” over the furore sparked when footage of the incident, outside a city centre bar, went
A runner who carried an exhausted fellow athlete over the London Marathon finishing line claimed helping was "more important" to him than his race time. Matthew Rees, 29, encountered the staggering racer, believed to be called David Wyeth,...
Video LoadingVideo Unavailable Click to playTap to play The video will start in 8CancelPlay now Watch NextYouths pose with weapons Watch this video again Watch Next Drone footage of Guys Cliffe House, Warwick5:19 Shocking video of bully beating young boy
- 07:29 Man City news and transfer rumours LIVE Sergio Aguero injury latest...
- 07:26 Two dead and six injured after gunman opens fire during pool party
- 07:24 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho threatens to play Reserves...
- 07:23 Thierry Henry: Tottenham must copy Chelsea to have power shift over...
- 07:23 Having mates key to overcoming life’s challenges
- 07:22 Tour de Yorkshire 2017: Photos and videos from Stage 3
- 07:21 Council starts fining people £100 for walking more than four dogs...
- 07:21 Jamie Redknapp: Antonio Conte is lucky to have this Chelsea duo
- 07:20 Broken-down tram causing delays to all services
- 07:20 DRIVER ALERT: Mobile speed camera sites across North Lincolnshire...
- 07:20 HS2 launch £2.75 billion contract to design trains for the project
- 07:20 A new way to help out rescue dogs in North Lincolnshire
- 07:20 North Lincolnshire band celebrate being crowned champions
- 07:20 Parents of six-year-old boy in fundraising plea
- 07:18 Warning to 'look while you cook' after serious fire in Shobnall...
- 07:18 Number of public access defibrillators on the increase across region
- 07:17 Birmingham City digest: Harry Redknapp's future; Friendly...
- 07:17 Aston Villa digest: January signings rated; Celtic goalkeeper...
- 07:16 Eminem sues New Zealand governing party over Lose Yourself
- 07:14 Having mates key to overcoming life’s challenges
- 07:14 Matthew Bates confident Hartlepool United can beat Doncaster Rovers
- 07:13 Barcelona target two Premier League clubs in massive summer raid
- 07:13 What you can do if your neighbour smokes cannabis?
- 07:13 Heartbreak of Josh Fell's parents on what should have been his 21st...
- 07:13 Prom memories from Winifred Holtby school: Are you pictured?
- 07:13 77 pictures that sum up a nineties night out in Hull
- 07:13 Exeter Chiefs 36 Northampton Saints 12: Tom Vickers' review and...
- 07:13 Wakefield gallery’s chance of £100,000 prize in prestigious art...
- 07:11 Man United News: Two-year contract offer, Ibrahimovic hint,...
- 07:06 British Superbikes: Shane Byrne clinches pole position at Oulton...