News from Coventry Telegraph
First impressions on Yakubu's Coventry City debut and five other things we learned from a crushing result...
Kick in the wotsits This was a crushing result for the Sky Blues who were seconds away from their first victory in 15 long and miserable League One games. Having taken a deserved lead from the boot of super sub Jodi Jones, City grew in confidence for th
A Coventry school has staged a huge pupil and leavers get together – all from one family. Teresa and Stephen Hyde and their ten children – who were all educated at St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School – visited the school together for the first time. It
Sparked by a superb return to action from Toby Bruce, Leamington pulled away from the Midlands Two South West relegation zone with a 12-8 win over visitors Barkers Butts. The fleet-footed centre claimed both his team’s tries as well as making a big defen
AFC Wimbledon's injury-time equaliser on Tuesday night prevented Russell Slade from claiming his first league win as Coventry City manager. The Sky Blues took a well deserved lead through substitute Jodi Jones at Kingsmeadow, before Paul Robinson salvage
Concern is growing for a patient who went missing from University Hospital yesterday. West Midlands Police are appealing for help in finding 60-year-old Andrew Harding. He left hospital in a confused state at around 4.50pm and walked off in the direction
A former Tile Hill man is running the Berlin Marathon in memory of his mother Rhona. Matt Salter hopes to raise £2,000 for Parkinson’s UK in memory of his mum, who passed away at the age of 59 as a result of a severe strain of the disease. Matt, who live
People from around the world have pulled together and smashed a £50,000 fundraising target to help three children whose parents both died from cancer in the same week. An image of Mike and Julie Bennet holding hands in their final goodbye to each other w
Coventry-based Jaguar Land Rover has started advertising online again after it was inadvertently caught up in a row over funding terror. The global car brand was one of a number of major firms The Times claimed were unwittingly advertising on videos post
Your loose change is about to change - as the new 12-sided £1 coin gets ready to launch. The coin won't hit Coventry and Warwickshire residents' pockets until March 2017. But experts are urging locals to use up the current £1 coin while they can. Designe
A home in Foleshill has been cordoned off by police. It's believed police spent a number of hours at the property on Tuesday. Officers were first seen at the junction of St Lawrence’s Road and Foleshill Road at around 1.30pm and vehicles are still here t
A bar in Atherstone which could have been shut over crime concerns has been allowed to stay open - but under tighter conditions. From now on, no one will be able to enter Barcode after 11pm, and there will be tighter security. More CCTV will be installed
A murder suspect who was arrested after a man died following an incident at a house in Bedworth has been released on bail. The 55-year-old man from Bedworth was arrested on suspicion of murder after Peter Alfred Bentley, also from Bedworth , died on Mond
Commuters were faced with travel chaos this morning as three separate accidents caused miles of tailbacks across Coventry and Warwickshire. A three-car crash on the A45 shortly before 6.30am caused delays for drivers after the collision around the slip r
The family of a pensioner who was beaten up for her handbag have released a shocking image of her injuries. Eileen Flynn was dragged to the floor in Eden Street, Paradise, Foleshill, on February 13 at around 5pm - not long after she left friends at the A
Parents are being urged to take their child to a GP if they suspect scarlet fever, after the number of cases has risen in some areas of England. From September to the end of January, more cases were reported in the West Midlands compared with the same pe
- 11:40 Jeremy Hunt calls for investigation into overnight closure of...
- 11:40 Storm Doris develops into ‘Weather Bomb’ say Met Office officials
- 11:40 Storm Doris leaves fallen trees blocking Boston roads
- 11:40 Derby County: Aston Villa's weekend opponents under the microscope
- 11:39 High winds cause speed restriction on Scarborough trains
- 11:39 Storm Doris: Can I claim compensation for a delayed flight?
- 11:39 ALERT: Public urged to unplug EXPLODING tumble dryers
- 11:39 VIDEO: The calm before Storm Doris
- 11:39 Frustrations increasing over travellers in Warwick
- 11:39 National Express raises free cash flow outlook on international demand
- 11:39 Eight dead and 20 injured after bombing in Pakistan shopping centre
- 11:39 Spanish club offers women free entry, drink & £85 if they go...
- 11:38 #FlyDSA: “My house to Paris in just three hours - I was amazed!”
- 11:38 Time extension for Pavilion Gardens marquee
- 11:38 Man arrested after two women stabbed in Huddersfield
- 11:38 Storm Doris develops into ‘Weather Bomb’ say Met Office officials
- 11:37 Health Column: Time to protest as Government is turning blind eye...
- 11:37 Router hacker suspect arrested at Luton Airport
- 11:37 What’s On around Harrogate: Your listings guide for the week ahead
- 11:37 Love a man in uniform? Not if you live in Burnley
- 11:37 Storm Doris develops into ‘Weather Bomb’ say Met Office officials
- 11:37 Burnley has been "misled and let down" by the Government
- 11:37 Safety warning issued over leaking gas hobs
- 11:37 HS2 high-speed rail project passes final hurdle
- 11:37 Man arrested after two women stabbed in Huddersfield
- 11:36 Brits are ditching their polite reputation to become excellent...
- 11:35 Police welfare a priority insist force bosses
- 11:36 EXCLUSIVE: Ronda Rousey has nothing to be ashamed of - Bellator...
- 11:35 If you’re having a crap morning, just look at these polar bear babies
- 11:35 Shadow Housing Minister’s pledge for more affordable homes in...