News from Coventry Telegraph
A band of thunderstorms is expected to sweep across Coventry and Warwickshire today as the heatwave ends amid thunder and lightning. The Met Office warned of the potential for torrential downpours, frequent lightning, very large hailstones and strong gus
The emotional video for the Grenfell Tower fire charity single was broadcast for the first time on Wednesday night. The tear-jerking footage from the aftermath of the tower block fire, including firefighters in tears as they emerged from the building and
Three victims of the Grenfell Tower fire tragedy last week were siblings who opted to stay behind alongside their parents, rather than leave them to die alone. It has emerged bride-to-be Husna Begum, 22, and her brothers, Hanif, 26, and Hamid, 29, chose
The Summer Solstice in Coventry was the warmest for 76 years. That's according to official figures compiled by city-based weather station Bablake. Lead forecaster Steve Jackson broke the news on social media, telling followers: "This has been the...
Theresa May has vowed to overcome the divisions in British society exposed in this month's General Election and to build consensus on Brexit, as she ditched or watered down many of the flagship policies from the Conservative manifesto. Little survives in
Russell Slade expects Coventry City fans to bring the noise when the Sky Blues face Grimsby Town in August. The 2017-18 season League Two fixtures were released yesterday. Coventry City kick-off their first season back in the fourth tier of English footb
Heather Watson, Laura Robson and Davis Cup stalwart James Ward are among the players to have been awarded Wimbledon wild cards. The All England Club announced the first batch of wild cards on Wednesday but there was no room for last year's hero Marcus Wi
Welcome to the Telegraph's daily news live blog, bringing you all the latest news, sport, travel and weather from around Coventry and beyond every day. Stay tuned for all the latest updates below: If you've spotted anything in your area, you can get in t
Coventry City's fixtures for the 2017/18 League Two campaign have now been revealed. The Sky Blues play host to Notts County on the opening day, as Mark Robins looks to bounce back to the third tier in his first full season as manager. Following the rele
This year’s Coventry Telegraph Business Awards have attracted sponsorship from leading companies across our region. Their support is helping to ensure that CTBA 2017 will be the biggest and best yet. Here four more of our sponsors reveal why they have ch
Plans to form a new super college have been unveiled with a merger between Stratford-upon-Avon College and Solihull College & University Centre. Solihull College & University Centre, which has been selected as a merger partner by...
A wrestling fan had a huge surprise when his idol, John Cena, sent him a haul of gifts. Connor Evans, 17, suffers from Phelan McDermid syndrome, a rare genetic condition that causes learning difficulties. His mum Lindsay, from Tile Hill , wanted to do so
Warwickshire will today see a demonstration of the latest technology being used to develop autonomous and connected vehicles before driverless cars take to the streets of Coventry later this year. A range of high-tech systems are being developed as manuf
Having sex can make you more intelligent, a new study by Coventry and Oxford universities has found. Boffins have discovered that more frequent sexual activity seems to be linked to improved brain function. Researchers found that people who engaged in mo
A 28-year-old man and 19-year-old woman from Nuneaton have been charged with murder following the death of a woman in the town over the weekend. The body of 27-year-old Dionne Clark, from Nuneaton, was discovered at a house on Cornish Close on Saturday J
- 10:03 A-star award for Rachel’s art class at Belton
- 10:02 Doncaster author will be guest of honour at village primary school
- 10:02 New era at top Carlisle bar after ownership changes hands
- 10:02 Tragic Leeds teen’s dad had raised concerns about road safety
- 10:02 YEP Says: More arts money for Leeds is such welcome news
- 10:02 Iran says will act on U.S. court ruling on Trump's travel ban
- 10:01 Boy bullied so bad that when he was sick he ate it out of fear
- 10:00 Heather Watson wants you to know that no one looks hot doing sports...
- 10:00 6 ways you can get over a cheating ex
- 10:00 German G20 police sent home for partying in Hamburg barracks
- 09:59 Candidates set to stand in Whissendine and Ketton by-elections...
- 09:59 Oil stocks, Hargreaves Lansdown drag FTSE 100 to two-week low
- 09:59 Police Scotland launch campaign to tackle violence
- 09:59 Katy Perry opens up about her mental health and reveals what...
- 09:59 Halle Berry deems her 2002 Oscar win ‘worthless’ following lack of...
- 09:58 Families of Hillsborough victims to learn if anyone will face charges
- 09:58 Cadbury owner Mondelez hit by Petya ransomware cyberattack
- 09:58 Johnny Galecki: Big Bang Theory star's house burns down
- 09:57 Inspired pupil scoops top Burnley College award
- 09:57 Three Lincolnshire men jailed over shooting at house occupied by...
- 09:57 ‘He hit the off switch’ MMA fighter shuts rival down instantly with...
- 09:57 Families wait for CPS’s decision on Hillsborough charges
- 09:57 Torino boss Sinisa Mihajlovic targets Chelsea ace Nathaniel Chalobah
- 09:57 Yields key to production levels as potato acreage rises
- 09:56 Tech stocks sour, sending European shares to two-month low
- 09:55 Appeal for donations to help the homeless in Corby
- 09:55 Police name victim of A605 crash
- 09:55 Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder reckons John Brayford could...
- 09:54 Holiday nightmare as Edinburgh airport is plunged into darkness...
- 09:54 End of an era for airfield clubs and businesses