News from Coventry Telegraph
Could the historic Daimler brand be revived as part of Jaguar Land Rover’s plans to expand its model range? As the resurgent Midland car-maker goes from strength to strength and seeks to double the number of vehicles it produces to more than a million a
Coventry crime files: The teaspoon thief who was branded for his crime - and the boy who was whipped in public
Nowadays, there are many people who say that sentences handed out to criminals are far too lenient. They would clearly have been much happier in the 18th or 19th centuries when even what seem to be the most mundane of crimes would result in some severe f
A predatory paedophile from Leamington has plead guilty to committing dozens of child sexual offences across the globe. Andrew Pykett targeted ten victims, aged between 13 and 16, between 2004 and 2016. The offences took place in South Yorkshire, Essex,
Wearing skinny jeans and large fluffy hoods can be bad for your back, experts have warned. Women's fashion choices are impacting on their health, the British Chiropractic Association (BCA) said, with cross-body bags, skinny jeans, hoods, statement neckla
Thousands of Coventry folk will be packing their bags and ticking off days on their calendars in anticipation of their hard earn summer holiday. It's a time most people love to hate - along with the thoughts of cocktails, beaches and sun loungers, comes
It very nearly never went ahead - but thousands of runners today proved why the Coventry Half Marathon is one of the jewels in the city's calendar. Previous event organisers GO2 events chose not to renew their contract last year, leaving a question mark
Incredibly late decisions to leave dual carriageways, red light jumping in a lorry, a frenzy of late lane changing, and pulling out on roundabouts without looking are all included in our latest compilation of bad driving. Telegraph photographer Nick Wilk
Smart phones, watches, televisions, and fitness trackers could be targeted by cyber criminals seeking to hold users to ransom over their personal data, security chiefs have warned. The rise of internet-connected devices gives attackers more opportunity t
Dozens of emergency service personnel were called a dramatic standoff on a cliff edge at Nuneaton quarry. Warwickshire Police and other emergency services spent four hours trying to coax a man down from the face of the quarry off Tuttle Hill on Saturday.
Coventry Half Marathon - 27 photos to make the city proud View gallery
In a bid to help cover our properties from damage, theft and accidents, we all frantically buy home insurance. For a number of reasons, however, our policies could be invalidated. And this can leave many Coventry and Warwickshire homeowners unable to mak
Sky Blues fans are set to travel from far and wide for the club’s Checkatrade Trophy final showdown but one of the most unlikely has to be Ulderico Paltrinieri - who will be making his way to Wembley all the way from his native Italy. Ulderico is a dedic
There is plenty of culture in Coventry, it is just that nobody outside the city seems to know about it. Beyond the concrete jungle the city is unfairly perceived as, fashion, food and art are thriving. And the false perceptions of our city is something t
There’s an air of excitement inside the historic timber building hidden in the city’s back streets. Inside the remnants of the medieval royal palace, Cheylesmore Manor House, is Coventry Register Office - a hive of activity as people record landmark mome
Rock 'n' roll's founding father Chuck Berry has died aged 90. The legendary guitarist, who helped define the genre with classics like Johnny B Goode, was found unresponsive at his home in Missouri yesterday. Emergency services were called to the property
- 23:41 Locals reject Donald Trump’s golf course claim
- 23:36 Yorkshire's Tim Bresnan insists he doesn't mind if he never plays...
- 23:36 Children’s panels ‘should hear FGM risk cases’
- 23:36 May touts Brexit deal ‘so good you won’t need Indyref2’
- 23:36 Insight: The tactical response to Westminster terror
- 23:34 Mother's Day 2017 - hundreds of your messages to your mum on her...
- 23:29 Coffee machine supplier raises a cup to new drink-drive law
- 23:29 Interview: Nick Laird of Bank of Scotland
- 23:27 Manchester United Premier League title winner Federico Macheda is...
- 23:23 Fabihno speaks out amid Manchester United transfer speculation
- 23:22 Singer Rag'n'Bone Man backs calls for clampdown on online ticket touts
- 23:22 Brave MP Tobias Ellwood 'heartbroken' he could not save life of Pc...
- 23:22 Casualties reported as suspected gas blast destroys building
- 23:21 Massive explosion destroys Wirral dance studio: what we know so far
- 23:20 Chelsea leading Manchester United in £40m midfielder battle - deal...
- 23:17 How chocolate boosts brain power, beats stress and helps you sleep:...
- 23:17 How the new laptop ban means not locking your suitcase when you fly...
- 23:17 The six stages of drunkeness and the danger signs to look out for
- 23:17 Sutton Road bridge closed following 'serious' crash in Hull
- 23:16 Parachute payments under review as Premier League 'Big Six' fear...
- 23:16 Wayne Rooney to fight for England future as Gareth Southgate...
- 23:16 Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere keen on joining AC Milan in summer...
- 23:14 Liam Payne announces he’s become a father exactly two years after...
- 23:14 Hartlepool United made to pay for 'switching off' in 2-1 defeat at...
- 23:11 The Voice UK: will.i.am chokes back tears after watching Michelle's...
- 23:10 Militia fighters decapitate 40 police officers in DR Congo
- 23:05 The Voice UK: 'Bit s**t!' will.i.am SLAMMED for 'not caring' if his...
- 23:05 The text message scam which looks so genuine it can easily fool you
- 23:02 La Liga star makes Real Madrid admission: They have contacted me...
- 23:02 Wales star Joe Allen on Seamus Coleman horror tackle: Neil Taylor...