News from Coventry Telegraph
League One club Chesterfield are set to appoint former Coventry City boss Tony Mowbray as their new manager, according to the BBC. The 53-year-old is expected to sign a deal with the Spireites within the next 24 hours. Mowbray resigned as Coventry City b
Starting at the end... When Toulouse converted their 77th minute penalty try, and Wasps were reduced to 14 by Danny Cipriani’s resulting yellow card, Dai Young’s team were unlikely winners. However, their spirit, determination and fitness eventually deli
A Coventry City ground share at the Butts Park Arena appears increasingly unlikely after the chairman of Coventry Rugby Club ‘firmly’ ruled out any involvement with CCFC owners Sisu. Jon Sharp, who also owns the lease for the stadium land, has told the T
Few people seem to obey the Highway Code i.e. not car parking within 15 feet of a corner whether or not there be double yellow lines. I travel across Coventry regularly from south to north-east, over the last couple of years the amount of litter along th
The NHS prescription black market: Patient illegally sells drugs to undercover reporter near Coventry
This is the moment an undercover reporter buys hundreds of pounds worth of black market prescription drugs from a man near Coventry. Posing as a customer, BBC reporter Jonathan Gibson buys a box of the arthritis medicine Enbrel for £250 in a shady deal a
Brentford are discussing new midfield targets after ending talks with Coventry City over a potential deal to sign Ben Stevenson, according to reports. West London Sport claim the Championship club are not planning on submitting a third offer after alread
Former Cabinet minister Michael Gove has suggested Britain has a "special place" in the heart of US President-elect Donald Trump, after interviewing the controversial tycoon.q Mr Trump's "aggressive" public persona is at odds with...
New DVLA car tax rules which come into force in April could end up costing motorists hundreds of extra pounds a year. The new rules reflect changes in emissions technology in newer cars and were first announced by former chancellor George Osborne two yea
This was the opportunity for Coventry to show what progress they have made since the start of the season, and they certainly took it with both hands when claiming a 39-3 success. “Embarrassed”, in the words of director of rugby, Rowland Winter, in a 42-5
Bethany Hill trial: Updates as defence is due to start in trial of pair accused of "sadistic" murder
The trial of two people accused of the murder of Bethany Hill is continuing today at Warwick Crown Court. Last week the prosecution case against Jack Williams and Kayleigh Woods drew to a close after a fortnight of evidence. Now the defence case for both
Video LoadingVideo Unavailable Click to playTap to play The video will start in 8CancelPlay now Watch this video again Video will play in Walking up Greyfriars Lane to Cathedral Lanes Share this video Watch Next We're hearing that a block of flats is on
A second railway station for Nuneaton moved a step closer after councillors backed the plans. And if the proposals for Kingswood Road get final approval, the station could be up and running as soon as 2023. A report on the possibility of opening a new st
The Telegraph broke the news on Sunday evening that Coventry City were set to sign defender Farrend Rawson on loan from Derby County. The defender is expected to sign a half-season loan deal for the Sky Blues, along with Derby teammate Charles Vernam. Ra
Animal rights activists have filmed a pack of hunting dogs killing a fox in a sickening incident in Warwickshire. The creature is shown on camera fleeing from hunters during an incident on Saturday in Shuttington, North Warwickshire, just a few miles fro
Today is the day when some bus lanes in Coventry are suspended in a bid to reduce congestion. The move is part of a six month trial following in the footsteps of Liverpool City Council, which already axed bus lanes over similar concerns. The trial starts
- 10:44 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:44 Council plans a further £34m of cuts and a council tax increase
- 10:43 Girl, 5, and woman knocked to floor after collision with car in Leeds
- 10:42 Teenager remains critical after collision on busy South Tyneside road
- 10:42 Hundreds oppose plan to turn village's last pub into a house
- 10:42 Liverpool v Wolves: Fans snap up FA Cup tickets
- 10:41 Carlisle pair threw lit fireworks from car during police chase
- 10:40 Bid to improve residents’ health
- 10:39 PM 'confident' of striking trade deal with US
- 10:39 Snow falls in parts of Spain for the first time in over a century
- 10:39 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:39 Super scooter keeps David flying high
- 10:38 Does the sad state of Florence Nightingale statue speak volumes...
- 10:38 Leonne Weeks: Murder accused Shea Peter Heeley in court
- 10:37 The weeks best new DVDs to buy or stream
- 10:35 Chest mounted video cameras issued to EVERY frontline North Wales...
- 10:35 Arsenal to use Alexis Sanchez to land top European midfielder
- 10:34 ‘Bedtime stories for adults’ prove online hit
- 10:33 Images of Yesteryear
- 10:33 Monte Carlo World Rally Championship 2017 kicks off - Everything...
- 10:31 Driver rescued after lorry crashes on A1
- 10:31 Police crime report for Ashfield South
- 10:31 Ex-England defender reveals how Chelsea players feel about Diego...
- 10:30 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:30 Mel Gibson returns to the silver screen in big style with WWII...
- 10:28 Sky is putting its prices up in March and this is how you can stop it
- 10:28 Transfer News: Arsenal hijack Everton, Chelsea snub to cause Leeds...
- 10:26 How Man City should line up against Tottenham
- 10:26 Tom Daley admits to ‘online sex session with fan’
- 10:25 RSPCA West Midlands: Bucky, Madge and Prince are waiting to be adopted