News from Coventry Telegraph
A community has come together to start work on an emotional project for the family of tragic Nuneaton rugby player Jamie Styles. The 28-year-old Manor Park RFC player died on Tuesday February 21 when a collision occurred between his motorbike and a car o
Coventry City forward George Thomas is celebrating his 20th birthday today. The Sky Blues Academy graduate is a day younger than teammate Ben Stevenson, who also turned 20 yesterday. The pair have come through the age groups together at Coventry City, an
A disabled man was spat on and left lying on the floor after being attacked by a group of men in Nuneaton. Police say they are treating the despicable assault, which happened at around 9.20pm on Sunday, March 12, as a hate crime. The victim, who is in hi
Most of us boys born in the 1940s were interested in aeroplanes. Spitfires, Mosquitoes and other aircraft leftover from the war were still flying but were being replaced by numerous varieties of jet aircraft. Meteors, Vampires, Venoms and Gloster Javelin
Tile Hill Library in Jardine Crescent has been transformed to be more welcoming to children with autism. This has included the introduction of a sensory tent for a ‘chill out’ space, bean bags and wobble chairs, specialist books, and much more. The layou
Police are appealing for witnesses after this morning’s horrific crash on the M6 near Coventry. A total of five vehicles were involved in the smash which saw a car plough in to the back of a lorry on the southbound side between junctions 3 and 2 at aroun
A motorist who crashed into a garden wall in Coventry had been spotted by police "driving suspiciously" moments earlier. Police have not confirmed if they were pursuing the Seat Leon at the time, but say the driver lost control in Tamworth...
Bank customers have been dealt a blow with the news a Nuneaton branch is to shut its doors. It has been confirmed that the Co-operative Bank in New Century Way in to close on June 23 of this year. Customers have received letters this week to advise them
Fantastic fundraisers from across Coventry and Warwickshire made their laughs matter in support of Comic Relief. Red Nose Day brought with it funny costumes, tasty cake sales and lots of other fundraising activities to raise money for what has become som
Coventry City manager Mark Robins is intent on securing three points against Bristol Rovers before all attention turns to Wembley. The Sky Blues boss claimed the first win of his second tenure on Tuesday night, after goals from Kyel Reid and Kwame Thomas
Numerous Coventry buildings, businesses and households went dark on Saturday night - for a very good reason. City establishments switched off their lights and embraced the darkness as part of Earth Hour. The annual event sees people across the globe team
Asda and Tesco have both announced that it will be dropping the price of fuel by up to two pence per lite. The move from the supermarket giants brings prices down to the new national price cap. Coventry motorists can take advantage of the slashed pump pr
This is the face of a drunk motorist who raced another car at 130mph along the M6 on Boxing Day. Police have now released a mugshot of Dayal Saini, 39, of St Michael's Road, Stoke, who was jailed for eight months after pleading guilty to dangerous drivin
The father of Germanwings co-pilot Andreas Lubitz has said his son loved life and was not suffering depression on the day his plane crashed in the French Alps, killing all 150 people on board. Gunter Lubitz said he was speaking publicly for the first tim
A Conservative MP is aiming to mediate in the Coventry City saga following the Telegraph’s calls for peace talks. Daventry MP Chris Heaton-Harris has said he wants to bring an end to the uncertainty surrounding the club’s ability to remain in Coventry be
- 07:49 Scottish football paid a pittance for TV rights as Euro league...
- 07:49 RISE AND SHINE: Start the day with our live breakfast feed
- 07:48 Louis Tomlinson forced to wait to find out if he faces charges over...
- 07:48 Fadi Fawaz was not invited to George Michael’s wake – but Kenny...
- 07:48 VIDEO: ‘Passenger screamed’ as forklift truck sliced through side...
- 07:48 Angry resident rung Calderdale leader 20 times in one hour to complain
- 07:47 Aston Villa chief reveals target for next season
- 07:46 Eden Hazard: This is where I want to go
- 07:46 Cyclist in serious condition after collision with double-decker bus
- 07:46 Batley Boys earn impressive away win but miss out on cup semi-final...
- 07:46 Warning to parents after yobs leave smashed glass at children’s...
- 07:45 Delays as accident partly closes A1 near Birtley
- 07:45 Cambodian opposition figure sentenced again
- 07:44 SSE says 2017/18 dividend cover to be at lower end of guidance
- 07:44 Bookmaker William Hill names Ruth Prior as CFO
- 07:44 Tesco target Booker sees sales growth ease
- 07:44 Drug-driver caught by police with cannabis and cocaine traces in...
- 07:44 School praised for being ‘at the heart of the community’ by Ofsted
- 07:44 Motorway sliproad closed at Carlisle following crash
- 07:43 Xiao Long Bao: Foodies fume over 'exploding soup dumplings'
- 07:43 Nintendo’s latest console launch helps Game Digital
- 07:42 Swarkestone Road open, Derby news now, traffic updates for A50, A38...
- 07:42 Miami Open 2017 results: Rafael Nadal sets up Fabio Fognini...
- 07:41 RISE AND SHINE: Start the day with our live breakfast feed
- 07:41 Reese’s is now doing a peanut butter creme egg
- 07:39 Genel deepens annual loss after reserves downgrade
- 07:38 Commuters set to face 18 MONTHS of traffic chaos on M1 from today
- 07:38 Questions over Preston nuclear jobs future as Westinghouse files...
- 07:36 Chesterfield Royal Hospital's new cancer centre to open this summer
- 07:36 Search for missing helicopter with 5 on board resumes after...