News from Coventry Telegraph
A religious leader in Coventry who beat children as young as nine has been spared jail. Mohammed Karamat attacked four children during a six-day period - slapping one of his young victims and stabbing another with a pen. His shocking actions which were c
FBI director James Comey has publicly confirmed for the first time that the agency is investigating Russia's efforts to interfere in the 2016 US presidential election. Mr Comey said this probe would include any potential coordination between Trump campai
A sickening craze is sweeping UK classrooms. The dangerous game is leading to children self-harming themselves until they have huge wounds on their arms. Parents are being urged to spot the worrying signs as the craze surges in popularity. Mums and dads
Spring may be here - but snow, freezing temperatures and heavy frost are all on the way this week. The Met Office has warned of the threat of icy weather across the UK this week, with temperatures set to plunge. Forecasters said said it would be “much co
Staff from Celesio UK unleashed their inner rock stars at their annual charity fundraiser. At a special Stars in Their Eyes-themed event at the Hilton Hotel, Walsgrave Triangle, employees helped raise more than £3,700 for the Alzheimer’s Society. Ten peo
A speeding driver who killed a great-grandfather as he crossed a Coventry road has been jailed. Romans Lasmanis, who was late for work, was doing 45mph in a 30mph zone when he hit 73-year-old Leonard Steptoe in Sewall Highway, Wyken, in April last year.
This is the shocking moment scrambler bike yobs crash into each other as they try and flee police. The footage comes as West Midlands Police cracks down on illegal bikers causing misery across the Midlands. The video shows officers surrounding a fallen b
A man who caused a four-hour stand-off at Nuneaton quarry will face no police action over the incident. It has been confirmed that, despite there being 19 emergency service vehicles on hand and almost four hours of negotiation , Warwickshire Police Force
Do you recognise yourself in these Coventry Gang Shows of the 80s and 90s? As Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Explorers gear up to stage the 57th Coventry Gang Show this week , what better time to delve into the photo albums of past Gang Shows for a trip down
Strikers Stuart Beavon and Kwame Thomas are set to return to Coventry City ’s squad to face Port Vale tomorrow night. Former Burton Albion front man Beavon sat out Saturday’s trip to MK Dons due to suffering with ‘fatigue’ while Thomas was injured but bo
Coventry City fans turn to gallows humour and five other things we learned from the club's 22nd League One...
Sign of the times The last time Mark Robins took Coventry City to stadium:mk they triumphed 3-2 in front of 4,000 travelling and fully entertained fans. That was back in 2012 when a goal from Franck Moussa and quick-fire brace from Stephen Elliott secur
This is the route a double decker bus took before it ploughed into a family home. The vehicle left a trail of destruction as it hurtled across a roundabout before smashing into the front of the semi-detached property . It appears the bus approached on th
A retired Coventry optometrist who admitted “grave errors” after an elderly patient went blind was wrongly struck off, the High Court has ruled. Mathew Clarke, who ran Clarke Opticians in Cheylesmore, was erased from the register by the General Optical C
The fact that only 6,834 had enough interest to attend this weekend’s Anglo-Welsh Cup final at Harlequins’ Stoop home speaks volumes about the competition’s lack of profile. This gets worse when you consider that Leicester, who routinely draw over 20,000
Fire crews were forced to undertake emergency repairs after it was feared a family home could collapse after being hit by a double decker bus. Firefighters have spent more than three hours repairing structural damage and reinforcing the semi-detached hom
- 04:21 Taiwan top court hears landmark gay marriage case
- 04:14 Chelsea join Man United and Barcelona in £26m winger battle
- 04:13 BOJ's Kuroda says there's no reason to withdraw monetary stimulus now
- 04:11 Man United deal ruined Real Madrid transfer plan: Chelsea could...
- 03:55 China accepts more Australian beef exporters as leaders meet
- 03:49 Liverpool firm up interest in Premier League star: Club will demand...
- 03:33 Angela Merkel 'confident' NO MORE countries will ditch the European...
- 03:31 Washington talks end without agreement on Israeli settlements
- 03:29 Judges to give ruling on woman's battle to divorce husband
- 03:29 Dame Hyacinth speaking...stage and screen stars up for honours
- 03:29 Police inspector found with £700,000 of drugs at home facing...
- 03:29 Marine who won Taliban murder conviction appeal to be sentenced
- 03:17 Nikkei rises as yen strength wanes but still poised for weekly loss
- 03:11 Sydney teenager pleads guilty to Anzac Day terror plot
- 03:04 China central bank to strengthen management of mortgage loan risks...
- 03:00 Poor behaviour 'not taken seriously enough in schools'
- 02:52 All-male White House health bill photo sparks anger
- 02:47 Nations urge Venezuela on elections, warn of diplomatic 'last resort'
- 02:28 Toshiba banks push for quick Westinghouse bankruptcy filing - Nikkei
- 02:28 Trump preparing orders to review trade deals, procurement - officials
- 02:26 YouTube's bid to grab TV dollars imperiled by advertiser revolt
- 02:24 Dollar, stocks edge up as US healthcare vote back on
- 02:24 Venezuela to withdraw troops after Colombia border crossing
- 02:24 China is not militarising South China Sea, Premier Li says
- 02:20 Wakefield 28-24 Leigh: Trinity climb back into top eight of Super...
- 02:20 Kiss and confirm! Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus finally take their...
- 02:20 What's your secret, Sia? See singer's INCREDIBLE transformation in...
- 02:20 Love Island's Cara De La Hoyde turns her attention to her best...
- 02:20 Tallia Storm recycles fluorescent pink fur coat to showcase her...
- 02:20 Kim Kardashian and Kanye West arrive in casual style for self-help...