News from Coventry Telegraph
Coventry City’s trip to Chesterfield gave fans the opportunity to see their latest signing Kevin Foley in action for the first time. The 32-year-old made his debut after signing for the Sky Blues on a short-term deal from Charlton Athletic until the end
Plastic notes have been the talk of the country since the Bank of England launched its brand-new polymer fiver back in September. There are several reasons behind the change, according to the Bank of England. These include the new banknote being cleaner,
A driver had a miracle escape after her car veered off the road and plunged 30ft into a pedestrianised subway underneath Coventry ring road. The female driver suffered just minor injuries after her car dropped off the road and down into the subway under
Fellow League One strugglers Chesterfield have appointed former Sky Blues loanee Gary Caldwell as their new manager. The former Wigan boss joins the Spireites after Danny Wilson was sacked earlier this month following a poor start to the season which saw
I wish to remind people that our livestock are still being exported live in the most horrific manner through Dover and Ramsgate ports. We lost Jill Phipps on February 1, 1995, when she tragically lost her life while protesting against the evil trade at B
Coventry Bees are ‘unlikely’ to agree a deal to keep speedway at Brandon ahead of the new season, the stadium owners have confirmed. Brandon Estates has told the Telegraph that Bees promoter Mick Horton did not take up the stadium lease at the start of t
Millions of married Brits are failing to claim their marriage tax allowance. The revelations could potentially effect thousands of Birmingham residents, and countless others across the West Midlands. Tax bosses have renewed pleas for married couples to c
A ‘butler in the buff’ from Coventry is set for romance on TV with a Geordie Shore star in the New Year. MTV has announced the line-up for the newest series of its show Ex on the Beach , and it features the city’s own Sean Pratt. The 26-year-old is a ret
The European Cup pool stage reaches its climax this weekend, with 12 teams still in contention for quarter-final qualification. The four best-placed pool winners take home advantage in the seeded last-eight ties in April, where they face the fifth and fi
Theresa May is set to give further details of her plans for Brexit in a speech in which she will declare she does not want an outcome which leaves the UK "half-in, half-out" of the European Union. Extracts released by Downing Street in...
It is one of every parent's worst nightmares. Babies and young children are very susceptible to choking, even from everyday objects which seem harmless. Many parents don’t know that their children can’t chew or swallow as well as an adult. It’s important
A drunk Kenilworth beautician who rear-ended a marked police car, sparking a 90mph pursuit, registered nearly three times the drink-drive limit in a breath test. Motorcyclist Manh Quan Kieu went into the back of the BMW X5 as it was part-way through a U-
Two young entrepreneurs from Kenilworth are set to achieve their ambition of teaching the UK’s children first aid. James Sadler and Scott Wilson, both 19, met working as leisure attendants – jobs that needed them to know first aid. Many of the incidents
Coventry City have confirmed that Russell Slade has drafted in his second loan signing of the January transfer window by taking young Derby County defender Farrend Rawson. As revealed by the Telegraph at the weekend, the Rams’ Under-23 skipper – a strapp
Ukip leader Paul Nuttall has slipped up by describing US President-elect Donald Trump as an Anglophobe rather than an Anglophile. Mr Nuttall made the gaffe as he praised the Republican as a friend of Britain while pressing for closer trade links with the
- 10:44 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:44 Council plans a further £34m of cuts and a council tax increase
- 10:43 Girl, 5, and woman knocked to floor after collision with car in Leeds
- 10:42 Teenager remains critical after collision on busy South Tyneside road
- 10:42 Hundreds oppose plan to turn village's last pub into a house
- 10:42 Liverpool v Wolves: Fans snap up FA Cup tickets
- 10:41 Carlisle pair threw lit fireworks from car during police chase
- 10:40 Bid to improve residents’ health
- 10:39 PM 'confident' of striking trade deal with US
- 10:39 Snow falls in parts of Spain for the first time in over a century
- 10:39 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:39 Super scooter keeps David flying high
- 10:38 Does the sad state of Florence Nightingale statue speak volumes...
- 10:38 Leonne Weeks: Murder accused Shea Peter Heeley in court
- 10:37 The weeks best new DVDs to buy or stream
- 10:35 Chest mounted video cameras issued to EVERY frontline North Wales...
- 10:35 Arsenal to use Alexis Sanchez to land top European midfielder
- 10:34 ‘Bedtime stories for adults’ prove online hit
- 10:33 Images of Yesteryear
- 10:33 Monte Carlo World Rally Championship 2017 kicks off - Everything...
- 10:31 Driver rescued after lorry crashes on A1
- 10:31 Police crime report for Ashfield South
- 10:31 Ex-England defender reveals how Chelsea players feel about Diego...
- 10:30 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:30 Mel Gibson returns to the silver screen in big style with WWII...
- 10:28 Sky is putting its prices up in March and this is how you can stop it
- 10:28 Transfer News: Arsenal hijack Everton, Chelsea snub to cause Leeds...
- 10:26 How Man City should line up against Tottenham
- 10:26 Tom Daley admits to ‘online sex session with fan’
- 10:25 RSPCA West Midlands: Bucky, Madge and Prince are waiting to be adopted