News from Coventry Telegraph
A former police chief claims Madeleine McCann was bundled away to caves three miles from the resort where she disappeared. The little girl was snatched and taken to a warren of caves nearby that have never been searched, Portuguese investigator Paulo Per
Shocking footage has emerged of a teenager defending himself and younger brother from an angry dad that tried to PUNCH him. Connor Jackson, 14, was set upon by the man believed to be 'twice the youngsters age', but managed to defend himself using martial
Sheffield United are eyeing a shock move for former striker Ched Evans, according to reports. The Blades will re-sign the forward from Chesterfield before the end of the season, it is understood. The Bramall Lane outfit sealed their promotion from League
Footage of an exhausted runner being helped across the finish line of the London Marathon has gone viral but there was more than one good samaritan at the big event on Sunday. Tommy Lewis from Nuneaton put his competitiveness to one side when he saw a st
A Coventry meat factory has been fined more than £300,000 after one of its workers crushed his hand in machinery. The 22-year-old worker was loading meat into the machine when he fell and his hand went inside the device at Beckett’s Foods’ Moat House bas
A group of travellers have now set up an illegal camp next to a supermarket in Coventry. A total of six caravans have moved on to green land in Sir Henry Parkes Road, Canley, next to Aldi. A spokesman for Coventry City Council said it has started the leg
April is drawing to a close as spring rolls gently into summer across the UK. Many a Coventrian and Warwickshire resident will be heading out to the garden for a barbecue or a spot of gardening. If you're green-fingered and enjoy mowing the lawn and keep
Coventry City forward George Thomas has scooped the Christy Heffernan award for his breakthrough season with the Sky Blues. The trophy is in memory of the secretary and founding father of the Irish branch of the Coventry City Supporters' Club and is trad
James Maddison is set to become a hit at Norwich City. That's the message of Canaries teammate Graham Dorrans, who claims the former Coventry City starlet will prove himself at Carrow Road during the 2017-18 Championship campaign. The youngster has found
Dai Young has announced that Wasps will almost certainly not be signing a big name international star to replace Kurtley Beale for next season. The Australian followed his countryman George Smith as Wasps’ international marquee player, whose costs sit ou
A Royal British Legion poppy collector who survived the Auschwitz concentration camp is celebrating his 100th birthday. Ron Jones is marking his centenary on April 30. Mr Jones, from Bassaleg, Newport, South Wales, has been collecting for the Royal Briti
A woman was taken to hospital with serious injuries after being found unconscious at a home in Coventry. Paramedics were called to a “medical emergency” at the house in Daimler Road, Radford, shortly before 8am today and urgently called police to the sce
Tim Fisher has apologised to Coventry City fans for the club’s relegation, insisting that it “hurts” and admitting his part in the demise which he also attributes to “off-field” distractions. The apology comes just days after Sisu chief executive Joy Sep
Walsall boss Jon Whitney has apologised to the club’s fans for their team’s performance against Coventry City . Mid-table Saddlers suffered a 1-0 defeat at the Ricoh Arena as Mark Robins ’s Sky Blues continued to improve at home under the new manager, se
Coventry Bees are no longer for sale after owner Mick Horton confirmed he was focused on getting the speedway team “back on track”. The club was kicked out of the British Speedway Premiership this season after a well documented row over Brandon Stadium s
- 21:54 Watch: The Chron’s live county council hustings
- 21:54 Thierry Henry criticises Man United star: Man City nearly scored...
- 21:54 Marouane Fellaini red card: Gary Neville blasts Man United star
- 21:54 Monzo: Why THIS revolutionary no-fee travel card has a WAITLIST of...
- 21:53 Yorkshire tourism chief receives top French honour
- 21:52 Yorkshire tourism chief receives top French honour
- 21:52 EXCLUSIVE: SNP MP criticises party’s ‘unjust’ decision to ditch...
- 21:52 Halifax teenager charged with terrorism offences
- 21:51 Halifax teenager charged with terrorism offences
- 21:50 Watch MSP mimic Trainspotting as he slams 's**** state of affairs'...
- 21:50 International market will bring different global cuisines to Halifax
- 21:50 Halifax teenager charged with terrorism offences
- 21:50 'How has this happened?' - Birmingham City defender on the club's...
- 21:49 Barcelona Open: Andy Murray breezes through to quarter-finals
- 21:49 Man Utd manager Jose Mourinho: This is why I started Anthony Martial
- 21:49 Private firms barred from role in Scottish benefits system
- 21:46 Distraught breastfeeding mum 'asked to leave church' after being...
- 21:45 Yorkshire weather: Sunny spells and warmer weather for your Bank...
- 21:45 Springtime Live 2017: All you need to know
- 21:44 Yorkshire tourism chief receives top French honour
- 21:43 Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez is ready to raid Serie A: This will...
- 21:40 Yorkshire tourism chief receives top French honour
- 21:40 United Airlines pay off passenger violently dragged off plane in...
- 21:40 Rafa Benitez plots shock Newcastle transfer raid: This is bonkers
- 21:38 Google parent Alphabet's revenue rises 22.2 percent
- 21:38 World Snooker Championship: Ronnie O'Sullivan is no longer the...
- 21:37 Macedonia parliament stormed by protesters in Skopje
- 21:37 Holmfirth is really excited for the Tour de Yorkshire - see what...
- 21:36 ‘We’re all bursting with love’: Ronan Keating shares adorable photo...
- 21:35 Halifax teenager charged with terrorism offences