News from Coventry Telegraph
A Coventry City supporter has been nominated for a major writing award, going up against Damon Hill and Joey Barton for the William Hill Sports Book of the Year. Football’s Coming Out – Life As A Gay Fan And Player by Neil Beasley, chairman of national g
Coventry City digest: 30 years since Steve Ogrizovic scored from a goal-kick and Sky Blues U23s win again
On October 25, 1986 Coventry City visited Hillsborough to take on Sheffield Wednesday - and goalkeeper Steve Ogrizovic became an unlikely goal hero. From a goal-kick, he punted the ball out of his hands into the Wednesday half, but the bounce was cruel o
Coventry Bears' 2017 fixtures have now been announced and it looks like it will be another exciting year ahead. Coventry Bears have been handed a mouth-watering trip to Canada for their first meeting with the new trans-atlantic club Toronto Wolfpack. Cov
Another weekend, another breathless Wasps finish. I’m sure most Wasps fans would have taken a draw away to Toulouse before kick off and certainly with the way the game went, it was a tremendous effort from the players to gain a very valuable two points.
Coventry City ’s Under-23s chalked up their seventh consecutive victory, beating Premier League outfit Crystal Palace 3-1 away from home. Jack McBean further staked his claim for a first team call-up with his seventh goal in nine games for the Sky Blues’
Euro 2016 and Premier League hat-tricks - What has happened to some of Coventry City's Academy graduates?
Coventry City's Academy has a rich tradition of nurturing young talent and producing players for the club's first-team. Ben Stevenson and Jordan Willis are the latest examples of successful transition from youth football to senior level. But the academy'
Coventry City claimed their third league win of the season after beating Rochdale 2-0 on Saturday. Goals from Dan Agyei and Andre Wright were enough to see off The Dale, but it was the defenders that won all of the plaudits. For the first time, Coventry
Coventry RFC scrum coach Boris Stankovich says 'It's little steps at a time' after Plymouth Albion win
Scrum coach Boris Stankovich was more than happy at the way Coventry’s pack came through their sternest set piece test of the National League One season so far in the 34-33 win over Plymouth Albion. Cov had dominated the opposition scrum in previous game
Jamie Sterry is convinced Coventry City can go from strength to strength after racking up nine League One points from a possible 12 under new manager Mark Venus who was this week named 'top boss' by the Football League Paper. The Sky Blues couldn’t buy a
Coventry City have been praised by another opposition manager convinced they’re a decent side in League One this season. Rochdale boss Keith Hill has followed a string of rival managers who maintain the Sky Blues are good team in the division despite the
Ex-Crewe star reports on Sky Blues' plight for The Times Former Crewe Alexandra defender Gregor Robertson turned roving reporter for his second visit to the Ricoh Arena in recent years - the first being as a player when Coventry City messed up their chan
Fireworks are guaranteed when Four Nations rugby league comes to the Ricoh on November 5, but the sport has already left a big imprint on the club who have called the stadium home for nearly two years. Wasps boss Dai Young spent six years playing the 13-
Coventry City ’s Checkatrade Trophy tie against Wycombe Wanderers has moved to give Mark Venus’s players a bit of breathing space between another re-arranged fixture. The Sky Blues will travel to face the Chairboys at Adams Park in the third group stage
Former Wasps star Edd Shervington puts chicken farm and singing career on hold to return to the front row
Former Wasps and Worcester hooker Edd Shervington, who left the Ricoh at the end of last season, has joined Premiership strugglers Bristol on a short-term contract. The 31-year-old former Wales U.20 and Ospreys star moves to Ashton Gate until the end of
Wasps analysis: When the milk-float raced the Ferrari and four other things we learned from draw in Toulouse
When the milkfloat raced the Ferrari... Little doubt existed beforehand about the two side’s preferred approach to the game, and this perception certainly became reality in the course of the 80 minutes. Toulouse are the only club to win four European Cup
- 06:00 Controversial plan for new housing estate has been given green...
- 06:00 Worker was attacked in Hanley's Crown Bank toilets
- 06:00 Families call for Park Hall Country Park visitor centre to be rebuilt
- 06:00 Team GB olympian Jazmin Sawyers auditions for ITV singing...
- 06:00 Tributes to former Kidsgrove headteacher Neil Hemmings
- 06:00 Council complaints about potholes double in Stoke-on-Trent
- 06:00 Family of crash victim Frank Woodcock urge other drivers to 'buckle...
- 06:00 Newcastle dad jailed after he groomed and raped a schoolgirl when...
- 05:57 Live breaking news, weather and traffic updates around...
- 05:50 Poppy Appeal urges public to 'rethink Remembrance'
- 05:47 Antonio Conte talks Chelsea's loss to West Ham: What I thought of...
- 05:45 GuocoLand to subscribe to 27 percent stake in Malaysia's Eco World...
- 05:42 Metro announcements have changed - meet the little girls behind the...
- 05:42 It's official! A date has been set for the first ever...
- 05:39 Jose Mourinho told: Make these players work together or sell them!
- 05:34 15 trolley loads of rubbish! Who'd dump all this?
- 05:27 Japan, US, S.Korea agree to put more pressure on N.Korea - Japan...
- 05:26 'Historic deal' but Birmingham council staff face pay freeze
- 05:25 Man United players slammed following Man City EFL Cup win: They're...
- 05:24 Calling all young people - there's still time to join the ECHO's...
- 05:24 Meet Trick and Treat - the kittens lucky to be alive after being...
- 05:24 China deal could see new garden at Garden Festival site
- 05:24 Merseyside Police to attend fewer crime scenes
- 05:24 Disabled knifeman facing prison escapes court on electric scooter
- 05:20 After killing final victim, British banker yelled into Hong Kong...
- 05:18 How do you build a runway over a motorway?
- 05:17 Port Vale midfielder Sam Foley set for extended spell on the sidelines
- 05:13 Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola hug and joke around before Man...
- 05:13 Frank Lampard: Chelsea aren't my favourites to win the title......
- 05:09 Liberty House Group reveals why it is a proud sponsor of the...