News from Coventry Telegraph
Manchester terror attack victims will be honoured with a vigil in Coventry city centre today. The event will be held outside Coventry Council House, on Earl Street , from 6pm to 7.15pm. Organisers have decided to host the event to allow people in the cit
'We can show the terrorists they can never win' - Manchester's inspirational message after terror attack
The editor of the Telegraph's sister newspaper the Manchester Evening News has issued an inspirational message after the city was shook by a terror attack on Monday night. A suicide bomber has killed 22 people, including children, as an explosion tore th
Leading psychiatrists told mums and dads not to hide the news of the Manchester terror attack from their children . The Royal College of Psychiatrists said it was best to be honest with youngsters about the incident, the Birmingham Mail reports. Parents
Coventry City have missed out on transfer target Alex Lacey after the defender signed for Gillingham today. The Sky Blues had been monitoring the 23-year-old's progress at Yeovil Town last season, but the defender has since opted to step up to League One
The actor Sir Roger Moore has died at the age of 89. A statement by his family was shared in his official Twitter page @sirrogermoore , saying: "With the heaviest of hearts, we must share the awful news that our father, Sir Roger Moore, passed...
Sir Roger Moore has died aged 89, his family have confirmed in a statement. “With the heaviest of hearts, we must share the awful news that our father, Sir Roger Moore, passed away today. We are all devastated,” a statement on his official Twitter accoun
Police say there are no known links between the suicide bomber who struck in Manchester and the West Midlands. The assertion comes as one of the West Midlands’ police chiefs has called on the public to “be alert not alarmed” following last night’s atroci
A Bury man has been named as the third victim of last night’s terror attack in Manchester. Tributes to 26-year-old John Atkinson have been pouring in on social media, the M.E.N. reports. It’s understood Mr Atkinson, from Radcliffe , had been leaving the
Hundreds of people are still desperately trying to trace loved ones in the aftermath of the terror attack at Manchester Arena which left 22 dead and at least 59 injured. Parents, relatives and friends are frantically searching for those still missing aft
A mobile phone base station is proposed for Canley in Coventry. Bosses at Manchester based telecommunications company Clarke Telecoms have pinpointed a site in Sir Henry Parkes Road close to the Aldi supermarket for the structure. The proposal is for a 1
An eight-year-old schoolgirl was killed in the Manchester terror attack last night, her headteacher has confirmed. Saffie Rose Roussos had been at the Ariana Grande concert with her mum Lisa Roussos and sister Ashlee Bromwich when the explosion happened
This is the moment police arrested a 23-year-old man as they investigate the terror attack which killed 22 people at Manchester Arena on Monday night. The man was swooped on near Morrisons in Chorlton just before midday, the Huddersfield Examiner reports
22 have been killed and dozens injured after the terror attack in Manchester on Monday night. In the aftermath of the tragic events, well-meaning Brits have been doing their best to help in any way they can, the Mirror reports. But one 'helpful' message
An inquest into the death of an 11-year-old girl who fell from a theme park water ride has been adjourned until November. South Staffordshire Coroner's Court was told Evha Jannath, from Leicester, died from chest injuries after being taken to Birmingham
Nuneaton’s Conservative candidate for this year’s election has revealed his views on fox hunting. Marcus Jones, who is standing to represent the constituency, has been asked for his opinion on the controversial topic. It comes as party leader and Prime M
- 15:50 Court orders issued to Northampton traveller encampment believed to...
- 15:50 Sudan accuses Egypt of backing rebels ahead of foreign minister's trip
- 15:50 Manchester Arena terror attack - people with blood group O negative...
- 15:50 Comic Jason Manford reveals family friend missing in Manchester...
- 15:49 Skegness cabbie hailed a hero after terror attack in Manchester
- 15:48 Potential tornado in Derbyshire caught on camera at Breadsall...
- 15:48 A46 crash victim named
- 15:48 Sir Roger Moore dead: James Bond icon’s 10 FUNNIEST one-liners and...
- 15:48 Roger Moore: How many James Bond films did he make? What were they?
- 15:48 Roger Moore dead: Star thought he was ‘the WORST James Bond’ after...
- 15:47 Manchester arena blast: Liam Gallagher leads celebrity tributes
- 15:46 First victims of Manchester Arena attack named
- 15:46 Fires keep being started in woods, say police
- 15:46 Leeds United News: Garry Monk to extend contract as club target...
- 15:46 Irish lenders need to speed reduction in non-performing loans -...
- 15:46 Men arrested after Banbury stabbing
- 15:45 Sir Roger Moore dies: his best roles from James Bond to The Saint
- 15:45 Why Liam Payne 'struggled' over Cheryl's decision to name son Bear
- 15:45 Vic Reeves signs up for Coronation Street role
- 15:45 Downton Abbey star Hugh Bonneville has his say on possible movie
- 15:45 Heckles, applause and mocking laughter at Kenilworth and Southam...
- 15:45 Liam Payne set to top charts with debut solo single Strip That Down
- 15:45 These are the Manchester terror attack victims
- 15:45 Former CIA director says discussed election hacking with Moscow in...
- 15:44 Open Air Theatre shows to go ahead as normal following Manchester...
- 15:44 Wrenthorpe couple badly hurt in Manchester Arena terrorist attack
- 15:44 Radio 1 Big Weekend adds extra security measures after Manchester...
- 15:43 Scarborough student caught up in Manchester terror attack
- 15:43 Wrenthorpe couple badly hurt in Manchester Arena terrorist attack
- 15:43 Rugby to hold vigil instead of hustings