News from Coventry Telegraph
Pilots displayed their skills to land planes buffeted by strong winds at Birmingham airport today. As Storm Ewan moved towards the region, pilots grappled with their aircrafts in the strong crosswinds. The footage was taken by aircraft enthusiast Sporter
A father says his young daughter has been left having nightmares after their home in Coventry was burgled. Every single room at the house in the Stoke area of the city was turned over by burglars who stole a number of items and then locked the family out
The return of retro technology in the form of Nokia's 3310 mobile phone and BlackBerry's physical keyboards have dominated the early announcements at the Mobile World Congress (MWC). The technology show opens in Barcelona on Monday but some of the bigges
Wasps star James Haskell and England teammate Dylan Hartley had to have the laws explained to them by referee Romain Poite during their win against Italy this weekend. The victory for Eddie Jones' side was shrouded in controversy due to a contentious tac
A man from Coventry was assaulted before being dumped with serious head injuries in a country lane near Stratford. The 21-year-old was found lying in the road near Henley-in-Arden just after 6pm on Sunday. He was discovered by a member of the public near
Coventry City fans have been invited to take the stress out of Checkatrade Trophy final day by parking for free at Wealdstone FC. The Conference South club – which shares a common hero in Stuart Pearce who signed for the Sky Blues back in 1983 – is based
Coventry City are selling copies of the 1987 FA Cup final shirt ahead of the return to Wembley for the Checkatrade Trophy final. The retro shirt is now available to pre-order ahead of the Sky Blues' trip to Wembley on Sunday, April 2. Thirty years on fro
A video of Yakubu hardly moving during Coventry City’s 3-1 defeat to Swindon Town at the Ricoh Arena has gone viral. Footage captured by CCFC season ticket holder CJ Joiner shows the former Everton, Middlesbrough, Portsmouth and Blackburn Rovers man almo
Coventry’s City of Culture bid is coming to a community near you - thanks to a cash grant. The Heart of England Community Foundation has given a grant to help take The Cart, a pop-up social space for social interactions, out to different areas of the cit
A former Britain’s Got Talent finalist is in court charged with child neglect. Leeroy Bailey , 36, competed on the hit talent show with dance troupe Kombat Breakers in 2007, losing in the final to Paul Potts. The Foleshill man is appearing at Warwick Cro
Hot on the heels of Storm Doris high winds, icy conditions and snow are tipped to hit parts of the UK as Storm Ewan sweeps across Ireland. Gusts of up to 60mph are expected, with ice and hail in parts of western Scotland and Northern Ireland, before the
Tributes from across the political spectrum were paid to Gerald Kaufman, who was the oldest serving MP until his death on Sunday. The family of the Labour MP for Manchester Gorton said he died on Sunday evening after battling a long-term illness. Sir Ger
People across Coventry and Warwickshire are being urged to check their banknotes. The warnings from the Bank of England come amid a copycat scare. The Bank of England has reportedly launched an investigation following police warnings about attempts to pr
Former Coventry City loan star Ryan Kent is targeting a first-team role at Liverpool. Kent made 16 appearances for the Sky Blues, scoring once, during a four-month spell at the Ricoh Arena in the 2015-16 season. And the starlet has been linked with summe
Former Coventry City star James Maddison says the standard of the Scottish Premiership and England’s THIRD tier is the same. The Cov Kid spent time on loan at Pittodrie after joining Aberdeen on a six-month loan from Norwich City last summer. The Scottis
- 14:05 UNITARY AUTHORITY: East Lindsey ‘will actively engage’ in discussions
- 14:04 Rape probe cops make door-to-door enquiries in Spondon
- 14:04 How to spot a fake fiver
- 14:04 Investigation into Wellingborough stabbing continues
- 14:04 VIDEO: Otter cub separated from mum during Storm Doris rescued by...
- 14:03 Man denies No 11 bus stab murder in Birmingham
- 14:03 Thousands of Bosch gas hobs have been recalled as company warns...
- 14:03 Birmingham City offer trial to son of former Liverpool striker
- 14:03 Pakistan International Airlines investigation launched after...
- 14:03 Here’s how to spot a fake £5 note
- 14:03 Could your job be lost due to advances in technology?
- 14:02 Wall St. to open slightly lower after record run
- 14:02 VIDEO: Otter cub separated from mum during Storm Doris rescued by...
- 14:01 £75 hike to car insurance premiums experts predict
- 14:01 India firms fear lingering economic aftershocks from cash crackdown
- 14:01 Armed police officers pull over vehicle on Sheffield Parkway
- 14:01 Ray Parlour backs Arsenal to sign Manchester City striker Sergio...
- 14:01 Players with most Premier League goals before turning 24… Kane's up...
- 14:01 Zlatan Ibrahimovic's agent reveals whether Sir Alex Ferguson ever...
- 14:01 UNITARY AUTHORITY: East Lindsey ‘will actively engage’ in discussions
- 14:01 URGENT APPEAL: Concern growing for missing Skegness girl
- 14:01 Iconic Nolia 31310 mobile phone is back in business after relaunch
- 14:00 Former drug addict gets his first job in 30 years
- 14:00 Britain’s first ‘bionic dog’ runs again after being found with paws...
- 14:00 Jay Z and P!nk among Virgin V Festival 2017 headliners - along with...
- 14:00 BREAKING: Armed police make two arrests on major Sheffield road...
- 13:59 Teenager Brandon Bilsborough jailed for at least 25 years for...
- 13:58 Iconic Nokia 3310 officially relaunched: Everything you need to know
- 13:59 Pakistan confirms seven extra passengers carried on fully booked...
- 13:58 URGENT APPEAL: Concern growing for missing Skegness girl