News from Coventry Telegraph
A man has died after being involved in a collision in Solihull last year. Gerald Goddard, 58, passed away in hospital on January 4. He was involved in a smash at 10.30am on September 17, 2016, on the Solihull Bypass near to the junction with Lode Lane an
Earlsdon Festival organisers are appealing for volunteers to come forward to ensure the running of this year’s event. Last year, organisers feared the fair wouldn’t be able to go ahead due to a lack of people to help run the street closures . Festival co
Part of the M6 has been closed following another accident near Coventry. Highways England announced at 11.45am that traffic was being suspended to allow officers to deal with a collision southbound between junction 3 and junction 2. It is not yet known h
Within the first 24 hours of assuming the mantle of the White House, President Donald Trump made his first executive order aiming to axe 'Obamacare'. He also made moves to get his national security team in place. His Vice President Mike Pence also issues
Coventry City boss Russell Slade admits survival stats are against them but remains determined to prove...
Russell Slade admits history and stats are against Coventry City as they go into the first of 20 remaining League One games to save the club from relegation to the fourth tier of English football. The Sky Blues are rock bottom of the division, five point
Police are appealing for information after an elderly woman had her handbag snatched outside a supermarket in Nuneaton. The theft occurred yesterday evening at around 6.30pm outside Sainsbury's in Vicarage Street . The woman was walking near the entrance
One person was left trapped last night following a three car collision on the M6. The incident happened between junction 3 and junction 4 at around 8.20pm. Two fire crews from Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service, Warwickshire Police and paramedics from
West Orchards has been at the heart of shopping in the city centre since 1991. It opened at a time when shoppers thought Coventry was stuck in a 'time warp' and developers wanted to shake off the city's reputation as a 'one-store town'. West Orchards cos
With a new year comes a new start with many of us attempt to cut back on our bad habits. According to pollsters YouGov, 7% of men and 3% of women in the UK are aiming to quit smoking this January. Sadly the majority will fail within a month. Research ana
It's set to be a wintry weekend in the region as forecasters predict the weather to stay cold, dry and cloudy. This morning Coventrians will be waking up to thick fog and frost blanketing the city. However Met Office experts predicted that we would have
Keith Ballantyne wrote to ask questions about the original Premier League clubs in 1992-93 and how many of them have been ever present members. He also wanted to know if any of those original members had fallen to the fourth tier (obviously anticipating
Police hunting a despicable thief who tricked their way into a baby hospice and stole a charity tin have issued a description of the suspect. The con-artist went to Zoe’s Place in Easter Way, Ash Green and asked staff if she could sell sweets for charity
What's happened to the Old Grammar School? Litter, weeds and disrepair at £1.5m Lottery-restored building
It sat rotting and neglected for more than 40 years until a £1.5million project restored it to its former glory. But 18 months after the workmen, carpenters and stonemasons left, the Old Grammar School in Coventry appears to be unloved once more. Weeds a
US President Donald Trump has pledged change will start “right here and right now”. The new 45th US President used his inaugural address to say it does not matter which party controls the government. He said that what matters is “whether our government i
Coventry Bees Speedway have been given a 24-hour extension to find a solution which will allow them to race this season. With just hours to go until a crucial deadline today the British Speedway Promoters Association (BPSA), which runs the speedway leagu
- 13:25 Aston Villa vs Preston LIVE: Henri Lansbury to make debut after...
- 13:23 What is happening at Grey's Monument today? It could just save your...
- 13:22 Two-car crash in Hartlepool sees person taken to hospital
- 13:22 £45 an hour cleaners wanted...to work completely naked!
- 13:20 Arsenal do not need Dimitri Payet because Alex Iwobi can be as good...
- 13:20 Spotted: Arsenal raise banner featuring Alexis Sanchez and his dogs...
- 13:20 PGA professional Nikki takes helm at Louth Golf Club
- 13:20 Transfer News: Arsenal move after Man Utd deal, Everton bid...
- 13:20 Are you ready to get up close for National Hugging Day?
- 13:20 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte sends message to fans: This is what I...
- 13:17 Football club broken into again
- 13:16 Transfer News: Chelsea midfielder bid, Liverpool striker swoop, Man...
- 13:15 Ex-partner fined after damaging door in bust-up with pub landlord
- 13:14 Outlander actress Caitriona Balfe joins the Women's March in...
- 13:13 Former Leeds United star makes huge transfer prediction
- 13:13 Jamie Carragher: Liverpool should have made this deal happen two...
- 13:12 Neither fear - nor ignore - your January debt
- 13:12 Poppy Widdison: Daily Mail columnist asks, 'who will save the next...
- 13:12 Is it illegal if someone parks in front of your house?
- 13:11 Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool set to do battle over winger deal:...
- 13:10 Disability support worker ‘beat autistic child and called him a...
- 13:08 Farage CONGRATULATES Trump rioters – for turning EVERYONE against them
- 13:08 Man dies after collision near Solihull Hospital in September 2016
- 13:08 Folk band Fleetwood Cave launch new album and tour
- 13:08 Carlisle care workers hailed as ‘truly remarkable’
- 13:07 Alleged drug find leads to Burton arrests
- 13:07 Brothers thank Burton's Queen's Hospital as Leaside Singers put on...
- 13:07 Burton Albion transfer news: Jamie Ward returns to Nottingham Forest
- 13:06 Should schools ban mobile phones in class?
- 13:04 Turkey's President Erdogan wins power-boosting vote