News from Clitheroe Advertiser
Demonstrators holding banners held a protest outside a Whalley-based hospital threatened with closure. NHS officials are proposing the closure of England’s last long-stay 223-bed learning disability hospital at Calderstones. Now known as Mersey Care Whal
A hospital has spoken of a nurse’s “abuse of trust” after she was jailed for three years and eight months for stealing and dealing prescription drugs. Mum-of-one Amie Louise Heller, of Sarmatian Fold, Ribchester, helped herself to zopiclone, tramadol, di
Ribble Valley MP Nigel Evans is facing criticism after flying out for US President Elect Donald Trump's inauguration. Mr Evans, who is currently on a plane flying out to Washington, has been criticised for placing a photo on his twitter feed of him weari
Yorkshire Bank will close its Clitheroe branch this spring. The branch, which is situated in Clitheroe town centre on Market Place, will close on April 27th. A total of 39 Yorkshire Bank branches will close this year - 18 of which are in the bank’s heart
Ribble Valley MP Nigel Evans is travelling to Washington for tomorrow’s inauguration of Donald Trump as president of the USA. It is understood Mr Evans has paid for his trip himself. The Conservative MP announced the trip on Twitter with a picture of him
Farmer John Alpe surveys his land and acknowledges he is privileged. He farms in what must be one of the most beautiful locations in the county. But though his sheep and land stewardship work are his top priorities at New Laund Farm in Lancashire’s Bowla
A murder investigation has been launched by detectives following the death of a baby in Burnley. Police were called to an address in Wellington Court shortly before 3pm on Monday to reports of a sudden death. Officers attended and the body of a new born
Children at a Ribble Valley primary school will now be able to stand during their lessons with the launch of the world’s first education retrofit standing desk. Clitheroe enterprise, I Want A Standing Desk, has created the new EIGER Student retrofit solu
A mother from Billington, whose story the Clitheroe Advertiser has avidly followed, is asking for help for a final push towards fund-raising for treatment for her advanced breast cancer. Kate Anne Douglas (38) began her inspirational journey, which event
This week the Courier and News introduces new monthly wine columnist, Tom Jones, successful proprietor of award winning The Whalley Wine Shop and now also at Huntley’s Country Stores, Samlesbury, to write in our newspapers. But how did Tom, 31, become so
Five Syrian refugee families are likely to be housed in Burnley in the coming months. As revealed in the Burnley Express in December, Burnley Borough Council will help to resettle a number of families in the coming years, with five expected this year. We
Council Tax bills in Lancashire are set to rise by at least 4% in April - with Lancashire County Council saying its share of the charge will go up by 3.99 %. News of the increase was revealed at a council executive scrutiny meeting when financial bosses
Two deserving local charities have received a welcome boost to their funds thanks to proceeds raised at Clitheroe Community Bonfire 2016. A sell-out event resulted in more than £10,000 being raised which will be split between East Lancs Hospice and the R
A seven-figure scheme for a second deck of parking at Chester Avenue Car Park could come to Clitheroe, if plans are approved. The proposed £1.2m. capita bid for the busy car park was discussed by councilors at a recent Community Services Committee meetin
More than £5,000 was raised on Saturday night at a tribute evening in aid of Ribble Valley Macmillan Cancer Support. Held at The Grand in Clitheroe, 185 people attended enjoying both Adele and Rod Stewart tribute acts. The committee would like to thank F
- 17:10 Paul Ince makes shock Manchester United and Liverpool transfer claim
- 17:10 Caring schoolgirls set up charity fundraising group
- 17:09 Inmate at Lincoln prison dies in custody
- 17:09 Cumbria crime chief backs Big Sleep event
- 17:09 Notts GCSE results up on last year
- 17:09 Sturgeon: Scottish Government makes sure taxpayers get better deal...
- 17:08 Mental health is a pressing issue for all
- 17:08 Watford closing in on deal for Mauro Zarate as Walter Mazzarri...
- 17:07 Drivers warned of A1 weekend closures as footbridge is replaced
- 17:07 Tyne Tunnel single lane closures to be extended
- 17:06 Watch Derby Olympic swimmer Adam Peaty star in Quorn national TV...
- 17:06 Know these men? Police investigate 'racist remarks' at Derby County...
- 17:05 Heartbroken mum, 21, killed herself after struggling to cope with...
- 17:05 UPDATED: Power lines collapse closing stretch of A157 between...
- 17:05 Free Link ATMs could start charging for withdrawals
- 17:04 9 herbal gins you need to try
- 17:04 Can you tell the difference between high end and high street make-up?
- 17:04 Gambia unrest thwarts university research and conservation trip
- 17:04 Lads’ coach trip to Marbs hits the box
- 17:03 Prem rivals want Chelsea star: Four-year deal ready, player...
- 17:03 Mark Allen admits he needs to lose weight and stop eating takeaways
- 17:03 Deal off: Star man rejects move away from Middlesbrough: He wants...
- 17:02 Grimsby Town TRANSFER NEWS: Mariners SIGN Chris Clements from...
- 17:02 WATCH: From twerking builders to Scottish football fans: 10 most...
- 17:01 Dim thief whose attempts to steal a venetian blind from Northampton...
- 17:01 'I thought we were going to drop out of the sky': Passenger films...
- 17:01 Do you know this Corby man? He’s wanted on prison recall
- 17:01 Passenger plane loses control after landing and skids off the...
- 17:01 Trapped guests in doomed Italian hotel buried under snow had...
- 17:01 Watch how a tractor was destroyed by fire in Beeston