News from Clitheroe Advertiser
Pupils at Chatburn Primary School drew inspiration through watching the foot work of Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke when they performed a dance in front of their parents and friends. The school’s class two pupils have been learning about the film Mary P
Slaidburn Silver Band will play at a joint carol service next week organised by three local service organisations. The civic carol service, which is being staged by the Rotary Clubs of Clitheroe and Ribblesdale with Clitheroe Lions, will be held at St Ja
A landscape gardener is asking people to keep a look out for his van after it was stolen while he was finishing off a job in Clitheroe this week. Former St James’ CE Primary School and Ribblesdale High School pupil Mark Leach (28) was at a gardening job
A service for bereaved parents who have lost babies through stillbirth, miscarriage, neo natal death or cot death will be held in Nelson this Sunday. The service will be held at Christ Church, Carr Road, at 2pm and all are welcome. Clare Duxbury, who has
The A59 has just reopened following a crash involving four people near the McDonald’s restaurant roundabout. Police officers, paramedics and firefighters were called to the scene at around 10-15am and the A59 was closed from its junction with Whalley Roa
Clitheroe Food Festival is being highlighted by international online travel group Expedia as one of the best food and drink events in the country. The annual festival is being highlighted by Expedia.co.uk on a new interactive map aimed at travellers plan
A lane closure is in place on the Southbound M61 between junctions 8 (Chorley) and 6 (Horwich) this morning (8 December). The accident, which involved two cars, happened at around 6.15 am. One car is thought to be on the hard shoulder of the motorway. Dr
A care manager whose job was to look after the bank accounts of vulnerable people in Burnley has been jailed for 14 months after admitting stealing £35,395 from them. Carl Storer (29) of Herbert Street, Padiham, siphoned the money from the bank accounts
A 35-year-old woman has died after being found unresponsive in the cells of a Lancashire police station. The woman was taken to Greenbank police headquarters on Whitebirk Drive in Blackburn after being arrested in Darwen on Saturday, December 3. At aroun
Here is a list of upcoming events this weekend. FREE: Croston Fair, Sunday December 11 The fair will be held throughout Croston, with craft stalls at the old school, community centre, church and primary school together with entertainers, food stalls, the
Burnley is set to welcome Syrian refugee families in the New Year. A number of families will be relocated to the area as Burnley Borough Council pledged to do its bit to help those in desperate need. The report proposal will be that Burnley resettles a n
Members of the public are being warned to be vigilant after a cold call scam in Burnley. Johnston Press has been notified of a fraudulent caller using the Burnley Express name to extract card details. The caller was very convincing using language the cus
Premier League football club Burnley FC is hosting an awareness-raising day for Samaritans on Saturday 10 December 2016, when The Clarets welcome AFC Bournemouth to Turf Moor. Players from both teams will warm up for the game in the charity’s distinctive
A lane has now been reopened on the M6 northbound between junctions 29 (Lostock Hall) and 31 (Samlesbury) after earlier flooding led to one lane being closed. Traffic is still moving very slowly through the area. Drivers are advised to approach with caut
A local artist celebrated her 90th birthday with an exhibition and sale of her work. Local Artist Elizabeth Foster will celebrate her 90th birthday with an exhibition and sale of her work at Sabden Parish Church. The exhibition will be open on Saturday f
- 06:06 VOTE: Help us decide on the best Christmas song of all time
- 06:06 Ban on junk food ads targeted at children
- 06:06 Supermarket recalls balti following allergy fears
- 06:06 Road rage thug gets to keep Vantage
- 06:06 A visit to Newcastle Cathedral
- 06:03 South Korea prosecutors charge two former senior Park officials -...
- 06:01 UFC 206: Holloway vs Pettis - All the action, reaction & results LIVE
- 05:47 Conflict over Russia is rocky start for Trump and intelligence...
- 05:42 South Korea says effect of impeachment vote on markets negligible -...
- 05:27 Huge blast rocks Mogadishu port area
- 05:27 Which current star from your club has made the most assists in...
- 05:26 Man with 6,000 child porn images on computer ends up in court
- 05:13 Syria conflict: Aleppo rebels 'stem army advance'
- 05:13 Taiwan says China air force conducts long-range drills
- 05:02 Thousands of runners to turn out for Santa Fun Run and Walk
- 05:02 Players appreciate Lincoln City fans' 'fantastic' support, says...
- 04:35 Dillian Whyte beats Brit boxer Dereck Chisora on Anthony Joshua v...
- 04:35 Anthony Joshua sets up Wladimir Klitschko showdown after beating...
- 04:34 LETTER: Brexit - ‘Sorry’ seems to be hardest word
- 04:16 India v England fourth Test day four LIVE: Virat Kohli moves past...
- 03:00 'Secure schools' pilot scheme for young offenders
- 03:00 Orgreave files 'to be made public' in first half of 2017
- 02:59 Serbian attitudes harden as migrants gather once again
- 02:52 At least 10 killed by collapse of church in southern Nigeria-resident
- 02:49 Bolivia's abandoned ski resort: A sign of droughts to come?
- 02:49 The Gambia's answer to Coco Chanel
- 02:42 The village that just wants to share
- 02:34 Scott Brown emboldened by Celtic's transformation under Brendan...
- 02:34 Cuts undermining fire services, says Fire Brigades Union
- 02:17 Hyundai Heavy says wins $700 million order from Iran for 10 ships