News from Chronicle Live
A violent lover has been jailed for more than seven years after killing his boyfriend in their seaside flat. Jonathan Armstrong was convicted after trial of the manslaughter of Dean Bowe, who he struck during a furious row in their Whitley Bay home. Dean
A sex attack victim was saved by her loyal dog - who brought an end to the terrifying ordeal by biting the abuser on the backside. Anthony Marsh had the woman pinned down and she couldn’t break free during a shocking attack. But she was saved when her de
People have spoken of their shock after a 16-year-old girl was raped in a Northumberland Park. Police say the teenager was walking through the People’s Park in Ashington on Wednesday, April 26, when a man attacked her from behind and raped her. The incid
Donald Trump has been US President for 100 days. While it feels much longer already, for others his win is still painfully setting in. This was the outsider with no chance that won anyway. Like many, I wrongly thought Hillary Clinton would win after lead
People have been airing their views on the new Premier Inn in Whitley Bay, with many unhappy with the building’s design. We asked Chroniclelive readers what they thought of the hotel, which has been built next to the Spanish City Dome and is expected to
It’s usually the celebrity red squirrels, otters and 5ft-wingspan red kites which enjoy the wildlife limelight in the North East. But now it’s the turn of one of the region’s smallest creatures – just 2mm in length. The tiny money spider has hit the cash
The family of brave cancer battler Bradley Lowery have revealed he is feeling much better - two days after he was admitted to hospital. The five-year-old was back in hospital on Wednesday after his parents said he was “not good” and in “horrendous pain”.
Labour has selected a senior union official as its candidate for the seat of Blaydon in Gateshead. Liz Twist, UNISON’s regional head of health, will stand for Labour in the General Election on June 8. Labour won in Blaydon with a majority of 14,227 in 20
Neighbours have spoken of their shock after a man was found dead in a house in Gateshead. Emergency services were called to the scene on Old Durham Road at about 7pm on Thursday, and a 36-year-old man was found dead. A Northumbria Police spokesperson con
Films crews are getting set up at Durham Cathedral and the rumours are that it is to shoot the new Avengers movie. The latest instalment in the series, titled ‘Avengers: Infinity War’, features a star-studded cast, some of whom are likely do descend on t
Newcastle’s largest foodbank has opened a new collection point in the city’s Grainger Market. The Newcastle West End Foodbank, which distributes £10,000 worth of food each week, has taken over an empty unit in the market. This season, Newcastle United fa
Killed in a “tragic” accident Gateshead soldier Adam Moralee lost his life weeks before he was due to get married. Now a fellow colleague has been jailed for the incident which happened as British forces pulled out of Afghanistan. And a second soldier, s
Police have launched a manhunt after a teenage girl was raped in a Northumberland park. Police say the 16-year-old girl was walking through the People’s Park in Ashington on Wednesday, April 26, when a man attacked her from behind and raped her. The inci
A paedophile priest is back behind bars after telling a 10-year-old boy he would become “innocent like the angels and cherubs” if he stripped off. Depraved Father Adrian McLeish took advantage of the boy’s vulnerability after his dad died unexpectedly. T
Marathon man Alan Dalgarno is kicking off the first of many challenges this weekend in aid of the Saras Hope Foundation. Since 2015, Alan has embarked on a series of tough tasks to help raise money for children suffering with cancer. The money raised for
- 19:13 When will the Edge Lane roadworks finish? Delays extended even further
- 19:13 Why schools might be in trouble if they ban fidget spinners
- 19:12 Police taser 'agitated' man who was becoming danger to public
- 19:11 Sony sees surge in chip demand pushing profit nearing 20-year record
- 19:10 Sleek Hyundai SUV comes fully loaded
- 19:10 VW Touareg's got the power to impress
- 19:10 This is Steve Bruce's minimum requirement for Aston Villa next season
- 19:10 Lee Brooks murder trial: Suspect made crowbar threats during police...
- 19:09 Murderer was central figure in Carlisle pub brawl
- 19:09 Make sure you don’t fall victim to these fake CPS emails
- 19:09 Chart toppers have a hoot on night out in Nottingham
- 19:09 School cook of 35 years retires from Notts school on her 65th birthday
- 19:08 Tony Bellew and Deontay Wilder clash in heated exchange at Anthony...
- 19:06 Can Bulgaria beat Italy to win the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest...
- 19:05 Michael Carrick's Manchester United future is key for Jose Mourinho
- 19:05 Whitley Bay boyfriend jailed for more than seven years for killing...
- 19:02 Sweden Eurovision 2017: Robin Bengtsson – I Can’t Go On
- 19:01 Courts: Jail term for man who kicked and spat on police officers
- 19:01 Drug dealer jailed after blasting rival's home with sawn-off shogun
- 19:00 Steve Bruce gives his REAL opinion on Aston Villa vs Birmingham City
- 19:00 Talented youngster becomes the latest to leave Aston Villa
- 18:59 Cardiff vs Newcastle LIVE: Rafa Benitez's side must win to prevent...
- 18:59 Brits face fines of up to 3,000 euros for having sex in street and...
- 18:59 Ryanair passengers 'left in tears' after plane home 'takes off...
- 18:59 Quiet beaches and not a Westerner in sight: Fascinating photo...
- 18:59 Terrifying moment flames burst from a Delta plane as passenger...
- 18:59 The Great bank holiday getaway begins - traffic grinds to a halt as...
- 18:59 From Tolkien's favourite boozer to the inn where Guy Fawkes...
- 18:59 EU dismisses Russian 'bullying' allegation
- 18:57 Thomas Cook closures: Travel agent shuts down MORE branches...