News from Chorley Guardian
A horse box burst into flames forcing the driver to pull off the motorway. Fire crews were called after a woman on her way to pick up a horse saw the box catch fire as she travelled along the M61. The driver came to a halt near the roundabout by the Hart
Shoppers and local families started the festive season with a Christmas afternoon event at a retirement village in Chorley. Shoppers and local families started the festive season with a Christmas afternoon event at a retirement village in Chorley. The an
When you imagine a city break your brain most likely conjures up the likes of Paris, Rome, Amsterdam or even New York. But have you ever thought about a trip a little closer to home? The North West boasts a number of magnificent cities and when I was o
A dad accused of murdering his baby son changed his story ‘in a final throw of the dice’ to escape justice, a court heard. Kane Kennedy, 20, told a fellow inmate he had slept in a separate room from seven-month-old Oskar on the night before he died, whil
When in Vegas... the cash comes flooding in. Staff at Rainbow House were delighted with their Las Vegas Ball at Guild Hall, Preston, which raised £50,000 for its conductive education services. After enjoying a welcome drink on arrival, 300 guests sat dow
Police are appealing for information after a man was beaten with a dog chain and robbed in Preston. The 20-year-old man, was cycling along Sellers Street near to Dodgson Road at around 10.45pm on December 1 when he was approached by two men who had a dog
TalkTalk has said it has been affected by the same cyber attack that left Post Office broadband customers without an internet connection. The attack used a piece of malware known as the Mirai worm, which is spread via compromised computers and works by t
Police have confirmed that the father of four killed in yesterday's crash near the M65 was Qaisar Abbas of Halifax Road, Brierfield. Police are appealing for witnesses after the 37-year-old man died following a collision in Hapton. Police were called aro
ROYAL Preston Hospital cancelled an ‘unknown’ number of patients’ appointments today after a technical glitch with the computer system. Hospital chiefs say that the issue could be fixed anytime in the next two to 24 hours so appointments booked for tomor
A pillar of the community in Chorley has died aged 95 following a lifetime of service to the area. Roy Sidney Fisher had a sense of duty and service which those who knew him said “filled his life”. Between the 1950s and 80s he was district commissioner o
PRESTON beauty Elizabeth Grant might be taking on the world in Washington DC, but she also has her sights set on a Christmas Number One. The reigning Miss England, who is in the United States competing in the Miss World contest, is keeping a close eye on
Residents at Buckshaw’s retirement village were put through their paces during a festive run. More than 30 runners from South Ribble Runners and their family and friends joined members of Grange Assisted Living for a five-mile run to mark the launch of a
A 70-year-old woman was the victim of pickpockets in Chorley on Tuesday, December 29. While the victim was distracted at a market stall someone had taken money from her pocket at around 1.40pm. She had withdrawn money from a bank in Cleveland Street in t
Police have released images of a man they would like to trace following a robbery at McColls convenience store on Tunley Holme, Clayton Brook. The incident happened at around 8.10pm on October 23rd when an offender entered the store through the front, ar
Two employees at HMP Wymott in Leyland have appeared in court accused of a conspiracy to commit misconduct in a public office. Jennifer Forshaw, 28, who worked as a teacher for the prison service, is accused of committing misconduct by having an affair w
- 08:30 The Yorkshire Ripper and Ian Huntley are really enjoying Planet...
- 08:30 Four-way lights are installed at Telford's Shawbirch roundabout
- 08:29 PANTO REVIEW: Peter Pan, Mansfield Palace Theatre
- 08:29 Leyland bicep biter admits attacking relative
- 08:27 Plan for continental-style outdoor seating at tapas and cocktail bar
- 08:27 Social worker sacked and suspended after assault
- 08:27 Bill Jamieson: End of an era for UK income funds
- 08:26 Former mining community honoured with new Ray Lonsdale statue
- 08:26 Drivers warned to beware on icy North East roads
- 08:26 New study reveals lack of awareness from parents at spotting...
- 08:26 Pupils ‘must be taught British values’ claims Westminster review
- 08:25 Missing teenage girl has not been seen for almost a week
- 08:23 North East workers most optimistic about careers after Brexit,...
- 08:22 HK stocks hit 2-wk low on Italian "no" vote, muted response to...
- 08:21 BMW workers remotely lock stolen car – with the thief still inside it
- 08:20 North East workers most optimistic about careers after Brexit,...
- 08:20 Bells will be ringing out for Christmas...
- 08:20 WATCH: Sneak preview of Last Tango in Halifax Christmas special
- 08:19 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp insists his side do not have an...
- 08:18 Penarth neighbours create 'living' advent calendar
- 08:18 Barrow 'superstar' brothers up for festive prize in Christmas Star...
- 08:18 Storm Desmond - what happened
- 08:18 Early Christmas present for Barrow teenage girl with cerebral palsy...
- 08:18 Pledge to stop elderly patients leaving Barrow hospital in the dark
- 08:18 Choking Ulverston barman made to wait 50 minutes for an ambulance
- 08:17 RBS settles three claims over 2008 fund raising
- 08:16 Drivers warned to beware on icy North East roads
- 08:15 McDonald’s worker installed spy camera in the women’s toilets
- 08:15 British tour company worker stabbed to death in Finland
- 08:15 Fiver campaigner seeks bank of England meeting