News from Chorley Guardian
Who would be your dream guests at a dinner party? And what would be on the menu? Author Tony Slater has released his latest version of RSVP: By Invitation Only, which offers tips on how to host the perfect dinner party, with mouth-watering menu ideas. To
Council Tax bills in Lancashire are set to rise by at least 4% in April - with Lancashire County Council saying its share of the charge will go up by 3.99 %. News of the increase was revealed at a council executive scrutiny meeting when financial bosses
A 24-year-old man with links to West Lancashire is wanted by police in connection with an allegation of assault. Police want to find Andrew McNair, 24, of Willow Hey, Skelmersdale, after a woman was attacked in the town in December. The victim suffered a
A Chorley gym is encouraging people to pull together to beat cancer by taking part in a unique fund-raising rowing challenge. David Lloyd Clubs, which has a branch in Moss Lane, Whittle-le-Woods, has partnered with Cancer Research UK to give anyone who t
Drivers are experiencing delays on the Southbound M6 after an incident involving two heavy goods vehicles. Delays are currently extending back to junction 27 for Standish and are affecting drivers travelling from Leyland, Wigan and Preston. All lanes hav
Thousands of UK holidaymakers are set to be flown home from The Gambia due to growing political unrest. The Foreign and Commonwealth Office is warning against "all non-essential travel" to the west African nation due to potential military...
A first-time author from Buckshaw Village is to have her debut novel published and has already signed a book deal promising two more. When her youngest, Jemima, six, started school Alice Broadway decided it was now or never and she sat down to try her ha
An 81-year-old woman from Adlington narrowly missed being tricked out of almost £2,500 by a scammer. When Barbara Lowe picked up the phone to a woman claiming to be from telecommunications company Talk Talk offering her help with her router she took up t
A pub which provided a hub for the Euxton community for 20 years celebrated its last orders on Saturday night. Owners of The Talbot, Steve and Sue Sharrock handed over the keys for the watering hole in Balshaw Lane on Monday, January 16. Over the years t
Residents are furious after a bus service providing a “lifeline“ to villages in Chorley is due to be axed. Bus company Stagecoach has said it will be cutting the number seven service which runs between Croston, Eccleston, Heskin, Charnock Richard, Chorle
Back in the early 1970s, a Leyland business was rocked by a huge fire at its storage unit. The blaze tore through £3,000,000 worth of stock owned by Leyland Paints, which was kept in Brook Mill, in Orchard Street. The smoke could be seen for miles and mo
Here are the 12 objectives for Britain's Brexit negotiations, as set out in Theresa May's speech at Lancaster House. Here are the 12 objectives for Britain's Brexit negotiations, as set out in Theresa May's speech at Lancaster House. But which ones are t
It is always recommended that we teach our children to swim because it could be a life-saver. But those lessons come at a hefty cost to the NHS, research reveals. And that’s because £1.3m will be spent on medicine alone this year to treat contaminated wa
Here is a list of what to look out for this week Holocaust Memorial Service, Chorley, Saturday January 21 A special service will take place to remember victims of the Holocaust at the War Memorial in Astley Park, Chorley, on Saturday, at 10.45am. Paintin
A Lancaster man has pleaded guilty to a catalogue of animal cruelty offences. Mr Nchinumya Ntembe, of Cypress Close, appeared before Lancaster Magistrates on Monday January 16 to enter his guilty pleas for five animal cruelty offences. The 22-year-old ha
- 02:27 Leader of Australia's biggest state economy quits politics
- 02:26 Blake’s concern over Powerhouse “shift”
- 02:20 Tina & Bobby: The real golden couple – in pictures
- 02:19 Memphis Depay to Lyon: Man United winger pictured on arrival as...
- 02:19 Australian Open: Brit Kyle Edmund crashes out in straight sets to...
- 02:17 Toshiba shares slump on reports of U.S. nuclear business loss
- 02:17 Banks face talent crisis amid mounting costs of employee turnover -...
- 02:14 OSCE report cites concerns about U.S. electoral system - German media
- 02:14 Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz III will happen - Joe Rogan
- 02:14 British Tennis ace Dan Evans reveals worries during stunning...
- 02:10 Kyle Edmund crashes out of Australian Open after second-round...
- 02:07 Germany says boosting defence spending, demands clear U.S. agenda
- 02:00 China says police and judges need absolute loyalty to party
- 01:53 NHS staff shortages: Why so persistent?
- 01:53 The man correcting stories about Muslims
- 01:51 UPDATE: Police have formally identified teenage girl
- 01:50 Sedentary lifestyle in older women 'ages body cells'
- 01:49 Australian Open: Brit Johanna Konta picks off Naomi Osaka to reach...
- 01:45 Eddie Jones undecided on whether Dylan Hartley will lead England at...
- 01:44 Johanna Konta overcomes Naomi Osaka as Karolina Pliskova charges...
- 01:39 Australia Day campaign raises A$100,000 to replace billboard
- 01:34 Johanna Konta surges into round three of the Australian Open with a...
- 01:34 Worry over severity of WP Nel's neck injury that could keep...
- 01:24 Arsenal captain Per Mertesacker has been integral to Shkodran...
- 01:24 Mike Tyson releases diss track targeting Floyd Mayweather and...
- 01:23 Gambia's President Jammeh refuses to leave office as deadline passes
- 01:21 Manchester United star Anthony Martial was a huge fan of Ronaldo...
- 01:12 Robotic sleeve 'hugs' failing hearts
- 01:08 Looking ahead this year’s activities
- 01:07 Alibaba's Ma says no chance of U.S. trade war with China