News from Chorley Guardian
A man who had collapsed in woodland was taken to hospital for treatment. Two fire engines and crews from Chorley and a third engine and crew from Bamber Bridge responded to the incident near Birkacre in Chorley. They had received a report of a man who ha
Wandering around Leyland Market is a common pastime for many. Those who are feeling a little nostalgic may remember Shirley and Eric Hewitt who ran the jewellery stall for more than 15 years until they retired in 1998. Their granddaughter Louise Morris h
Find out what the people of Lancashire have been doing to mark Comic Relief's Red Nose Day Pupils have dressed up as their favourite cartoon characters, swapped their normal noses for funny red ones and played games to help raise funds for Comic Relief.
Over 1.1 million UK homeowners are sitting on the wrong mortgage deal and wasting over £2,500 every year according to latest research. The research from L&C Mortgages also discovered that 30 per cent or 3.4 million households do not know their...
Gritters will be out in force in Central and South Lancashire as temperatures look set to drop to 0.5 degrees Centigrade overnight. Lancashire County Council have advised residents that all priority routes will be treated this evening. Drivers have been
Police are investigating the death of a baby in Preston. Officers were contacted at shortly after 9.30am on Thursday March 23 by the ambulance service who were treating a 19 month old baby girl at an address in Lostock Hall, say police. The girl sadly di
A Preston man is wanted by police after failing to answer bail for drug offences. Stephen McDonald, 51, from the Holme Slack area of Preston was arrested on suspicion of drugs supply offences and was due to answer bail in February. He failed to do so and
Readers have voted. Here is where is best to get your doner kebabs. Armenian Kebab House, Blackpool Armenian Kebab House, in Harrowside, Blackpool, topped our online poll, with 30 per cent of the votes. It has been established since 1978, run by the Kish
Reading the newspaper can be thought of as a luxury by those who are blind or partially sighted. Luckily, sight loss charity, Galloway’s provides one of the largest Talking Newspaper Services in the country. The charity, who sends out more than 50,000 pu
Traffic is queuing and a road has been blocked after a car flipped during a two-car smash in Chorley, say police. The accident happened at around 7.30am on March 24 on Wigan Lane close to Duxbury Park near Rawlinson Lane. Early reports suggest that a gre
The Fishergate bollard has claimed yet another victim and this time it's managed to come away with part of a bumper. The bollard which usually rests just off the junction between Corporation Street and Fishergate was knocked over during this morning's ru
Four children a day in Lancashire are reporting sexual abuse to police, heartbreaking figures show today. A total of 1,572 sexual crimes against youngsters in the county were recorded in the period between 2015 and 2016 – a startling 49 per cent increase
Preston’s first average speed cameras are now live – motorists have been warned. The first in a planned series of average speed cameras have been installed and tested, and are now being used for enforcement on London Road near the Capitol Centre. Work is
Schools, businesses, shops and community groups are going all shades of scarlet tomorrow (Friday) in support of Comic Relief’s Red Nose Day appeal. The region will be dressing up, selling cakes, dancing and having a ball, all to help fight poverty in the
The mother of a teenager left with serious injuries from the London terror attack has admitted her son is "extremely lucky" to be alive. University student Travis Frain is set to undergo surgery tonight after being deliberately run down by a...
- 00:00 Len McCluskey is the real deal
- 00:00 A chance to celebrate the uprising of the Welsh
- 00:00 Take heart from the Durham TAs
- 00:00 Bulgaria: Socialists prepared to lead with turn to left
- 00:00 Iran imposes tit-for-tat sanctions on 15 US firms
- 00:00 Iraq: US admits to deadly civilian air strike
- 00:00 Left must set the agenda on EU talks
- 00:01 Chelsea striker Diego Costa suffers injury scare during Spain...
- 00:00 Delegates delighted by Made in Dagenham flash mob
- 00:00 ‘Isis represent trade unions’ oldest enemy – fascists’
- 23:50 Former Olympic champion Katie Taylor calls for equality and...
- 23:45 Indyref2 not on the agenda as Theresa May arrives in Scotland
- 23:42 ‘Penis seat’ reserved for men appears on public transport
- 23:42 The 50 greatest Champions League matches of all time: Sportsmail...
- 23:39 Treehouse could be built in Burton complete with play area as...
- 23:37 Anthony Crolla wants mega money fight with Terry Flanagan - despite...
- 23:37 Chelsea dealt third injury scare after Eden Hazard and Thibaut...
- 23:33 Philippe Coutinho and Roberto Firmino must make 6,000-mile return...
- 23:31 Arsenal star Mesut Ozil on Arsene Wenger: I do not believe this
- 23:30 Eritrean migrants pulled from lorry in Cambridgeshire
- 23:26 UPDATE 1-U.S. equity futures drop 0.5 percent
- 23:22 Chile pensions protest draws tens of thousands
- 23:19 U.S. equity futures drop 0.3 percent
- 23:19 Jermain Defoe dedicates England goal against Lithuania to brave...
- 23:16 Watch dad row with jobsworth cop who confiscates daffodils picked...
- 23:13 Ant & Dec evacuated from Saturday Night Takeaway studios amid...
- 23:13 Isla Fisher looks ready to party in a flirty pinstripe cocktail...
- 23:13 'Nobody wants to have their womb and boobs removed': Terri Dwyer...
- 23:13 Taking the plunge! Dakota Johnson smolders in cleavage-baring...
- 23:13 Wheelie proud! David Beckham shares adorable video of five-year-old...