News from Chorley Guardian
A brave youngster will step into his late father’s shoes this weekend for a charity walk to help his family’s fundraising legacy Oscar Clark, eight, from Penwortham will step up and lead the way at the annual Walk in the Dark in memory of his dad Ric who
Three people have been arrested on suspicion of human trafficking after a car transporting a 17-year-old girl was stopped in Preston, say police. Two men aged 23 and 33 and a woman aged 36, all from Preston were arrested after the Vauxhall Corsa was stop
A Lancashire woman has been charged with murder following the death of a baby girl. Police said they were called by the ambulance service in the early hours of Wednesday April 19 after they attended an address on Slater Lane, Leyland, where seven month o
Everyone loves an early bird tea special right? Straightforward, concise and digestible menus with the added bonus of not having to talk yourself into having a starter and dessert because quite simply for the price, there is no reason not to. It also mak
Preston cartoonist Leo Baxendale, who brought youngsters delight with the likes of Minnie the Minx and Bash Street Kids, has died. Educated at Preston Catholic College, Baxendale served in the RAF before deciding he wanted to be an artist, where he took
How do you spot a phishing scam when the email looks entirely legitimate? Every year, millions of people fall victim to email phishing scams – these are emails that attempt to obtain sensitive information by masking as a trustworthy source like the bank.
Optimus Prime will be dropping in at Worden Park this week as part of a never-been-seen circus act. The new addition is Planet Circus’s masterpiece and has been three years in the making. The Transformer character will be unveiled at The Great Canadian C
A chef with a taste for adventure is racing to Benidorm at the wheel of a £70 bust banger. Along the way Steve Mayren and his dad Barry, who are from Charnock Richard, could face break downs and other unexpected challenges in the rally, Run to the Sun. T
A 19-year-old man from Bamber Bridge is wanted by police following the theft of a Help the Heroes Charity box and till tray from a takeaway. Officers from Chorley would like to find Shakquel Hussain, of Three Nooks, Bamber Bridge following the theft from
Police are appealing for information to catch a wanted man. Jason Lee Adlen also known as Jason Allen and Jason Lee Jones, 34, is wanted after failing to attend Preston Crown Court in March in relation to an alleged perverting the course of justice offe
Telecoms firm Elitetele.com PLC has purchased Comms Consulting Limited, trading as Comms Supply. Chorley firm Elite’s move brings Comms Supply out of of liquidation. All of the firm’s employees will join Elitetele.com PLC. Elite’s Founder and CEO, Matt N
Coronation Street resident Michelle Connor has been revealed as the latest star at Madame Tussauds. The Rovers Return barmaid, played by Kym Marsh, will be added to the pub set at the Promenade attraction this year. The announcement comes after the recen
Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past week, you’ll know that last week, Theresa May called a snap General Election, to take place in seven weeks, and it once more threw the country into politically charged chaos. When I think of the word ‘p
When Emma Ryan was told she had a 65 per cent chance of beating breast cancer, she was devastated. She had a less common type and her survival rate was not as high as she hoped. She faced a tough journey, but seven years later the 39-year-old has made a
Chorley’s longest-serving landlord says he is “devastated” at having to leave his town centre pub. Ivan Lynas admits he is fighting a losing financial battle at The Imperial and has been forced to call time there after almost 10 years. The popular and we
- 09:29 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: Jose Mourinho is wrong about this
- 09:28 From the Scottish Highlands to Mount Snowdon: The most picturesque...
- 09:28 Manchester United to launch £38m raid on long-term target
- 09:28 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger convinced Gunners can finish in top three
- 09:26 Royal Bank of Scotland shares climb after the troubled...
- 09:26 Barclays doubles its profits but £884m dent in Africa triggers a...
- 09:25 North Korean crisis ‘is worst I’ve ever seen’ says top Navy officer
- 09:25 West Cumbrian man jailed for more than seven years for stabbing
- 09:24 'Fully-loaded' Kodi boxes illegal, EU court rules
- 09:23 BHP gets approval to raise iron ore exports from Australian port
- 09:23 India: Kashmir social media ban criticised
- 09:23 Manchester City Player Ratings: Yaya Toure shines, Claudio Bravo...
- 09:23 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger provides double injury update ahead of...
- 09:21 Arkansas executes fourth inmate in eight days
- 09:21 LIVE: Man takes to Scunthorpe roof top
- 09:21 Child rapist returned to UK after spending nearly four years on the...
- 09:21 Truly ridiculous hands-free toilet seat promises to fix all...
- 09:21 Insider reveals why Alexis Sanchez snubbed Liverpool switch: Reds...
- 09:21 Exhibit: Saint’s alive as Whitby Museum tells story of abbess
- 09:20 Hearts eye defender and Real Madrid star Alvaro Morata looks set to...
- 09:20 Uddingston rally co-driver Stuart Loudon relishes new challenge
- 09:20 Hamilton Backhold wrestlers help Scotland win European Championship...
- 09:20 Cyclists warned off copying Danny MacAskill after Skye rescue
- 09:20 St Cuthbert Wanderers management team planning shake-up ahead of...
- 09:20 Place name of the week: Caithness - Gallaibh
- 09:20 Dynamic Gymnastics kids help Scotland win the Celtic Cup
- 09:20 Mamadou Sakho Injury: Liverpool and Palace get major update on...
- 09:20 Dalbeattie wheelchair tennis player Keith Thom achieves highest...
- 09:20 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger reveals the latest on his future decision
- 09:20 Dalbeattie Star finish Lowland League fixtures with terrific 2-1...