News from Chester Chronicle
High school prom season will soon be here and choosing the perfect dress is one of the biggest decisions a 16-year-old girl can make. In a bid to bag a look that stands out from the crowd, parents are spending on average £300 on gowns for their daughters
Name: Louise Mackie Job: Virtual assistant at www.lm-va.co.uk Where were you born: Wrexham Where do you live now: Northop Hall Education: GCSE’s at Hawarden High School, A levels at Mold Alun and degree at University of Chester . Family life: Husband And
Runners of all abilities are playing their part in beating cancer by urging women to sign up to Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life in Chester. Breast cancer survivor Nathalie Rees and members of the Chester Road Runners Club are lacing up their trainers
Friends and family of a Backford woman who has been diagnosed with breast cancer have arranged a charity walk. Sarah Cheers, 30, who has lived in Backford her whole life and works as a paralegal at Slater and Gordon, was diagnosed a week before her 30th
A young woman who suffers from a rare and debilitating stomach condition is holding a fundraiser to help cover the costs of life-changing surgery. Two years ago Hannah Leffler, from Little Sutton , was diagnosed with gastroparesis which causes excessive
A couple who met in the Midlands are celebrating their diamond wedding anniversary. Now Geoff and Ann Reynolds are both retired teachers, but they met at a dance in Kidderminster at Ann’s teacher training college. Geoff was at a teacher training college
Chester residents are invited to attend a free event to celebrate the newly opened clinic and refurbished gym space at Nuffield Health Chester Fitness and Wellbeing Gym on Wrexham Road. The new clinic will be offering physiotherapy, health assessments an
The build-up to the 2017 SummerJam festivals in Chester and Ellesmere Port begins with a special event next month. An exclusive, free warm-up event will take place on Sunday, May 28 at the White Swan in Great Sutton. Organisers are hosting a family fun d
Children and staff at Tarporley CE Primary school were paid a special visit from Boris the Robot and the creator of HEARTSMART Dave Hill to introduce a new whole school approach for building resilience and self-esteem. HEARTSMART is a primary school reso
A major new £18m freehold housing development is to provide more than 170 new homes in Ellesmere Port. It will also help create almost 300 jobs including 100 construction roles according to developers. North Wales-based Macbryde Homes had detailed planni
A fund-raising birthday party for a well known Chester Twitter account with an unprintable name raised more than £1,600 for the Samaritans. The bash was organised by anonymous blogger ‘Tony Chester’ with a variety of local acts who performed for free at
Ex-Tory council leader Mike Jones used a council credit card to buy meals for up to 12 guests according to details released by the local authority which is investigating all his card transactions. As leader, Cllr Jones was the only council member with a
Wannabe dragon slayers are in for a treat at Beeston Castle this weekend, April 22 and 23, with a special St George’s Day celebration offering the chance to discover the legend of England’s patron saint, as his story is brought to life in the castle wall
Countess of Chester Hospital bosses have lodged a planning application for up to 500 residential units as part of a radical multi-million pound transformation of the health park. A masterplan is being developed that aims to create ‘future ready’ environm
Owner of Combermere Abbey, Sarah Callander Beckett, was sworn in as the new High Sheriff of Cheshire in a ceremony that took place in the prestigious library at the abbey itself. The High Sheriff is appointed by the Queen to represent her in the county o
- 01:21 La Rochelle 14-16 Gloucester: Cherry and Whites end hosts' unbeaten...
- 01:17 Save money on your energy bills by signing up to collective...
- 01:17 New scheme to help more parents with the costs of childcare
- 01:13 Manchester United vs Celta Vigo: Everything you need to know
- 01:09 As it happened - Burton Albion 2 - 1 Leeds United, Brewers claim...
- 01:09 Garry Monk says Burton Albion win was 'extremely unfair' on his...
- 01:09 Fulham loanee Lasse Vigen Christensen on how Burton Albion dealt...
- 00:58 Retailers can expect to feel the pinch as they grapple with falling...
- 00:58 City News: AkzoNobel, View My Chain & Clinton Cards
- 00:58 PPI compensation bill set to hit £37bn as banks unveil...
- 00:58 Five Minute Guide to: Ensuring your car cover is valid
- 00:57 Troy Deeney accuses Watford of playing 'like it was FIFA' in Hull...
- 00:57 Mo Farah has to win a marathon before he is better than me, says...
- 00:57 Hibernian boss Neil Lennon takes a pop at 'boy band' side for...
- 00:53 Speeding fines are changing from TOMORROW - Here’s everything you...
- 00:52 To Ray Davies, America is a 'beautiful but dangerous' place
- 00:51 Cuba's slick TV channel that supports 'more revolution'
- 00:51 Hackney club acid attack: Man charged over attack
- 00:50 Liverpool midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum braced for physical battle...
- 00:50 Benfica draw with Sporting marred by supporter fighting as Italian...
- 00:50 Wigan could face competition from Norwich for Uwe Rosler as they...
- 00:47 'Rebel without a cause' Corbyn unsuitable for No 10 - Tory chief
- 00:47 Lotto jackpot rolls over to £6.9 million
- 00:47 Record number of runners prepare for London Marathon challenge
- 00:47 All-girl dance troupe wow their way into BGT semi-final
- 00:47 Nafisah Baba named as BBC's Young Dancer 2017
- 00:47 100 firefighters tackle Dagenham warehouse blaze
- 00:42 Couple tell of terrifying kidnap ordeal
- 00:38 Why Rome sends trains filled with rubbish to Austria
- 00:36 Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says unfamiliar feeling of...