News from Chester Chronicle
This is the area of Chester covered by a ‘top priority’ pledge to clean up air quality. The entire city centre as well as main roads out to Boughton and Newton are included. Levels of nitrogen dioxide (NO2) are too high around and inside the ring road. C
A student found dead at his University of Chester halls of residence last year was ‘heavily addicted’ to prescription drugs at the time of his death, an inquest heard. But Michael Wallbank, assistant deputy coroner for Cheshire, said he did not think 20-
Two talented graphics pupils from Blacon High School have seen their mascot designs manufactured into life-size characters. And the first outing for the mascots, conceived by Leo Massey, 12, and Ashleigh Saunders, 11, was as costumes for runners in Sunda
A Chester tattoo parlour is raising money for the victims of the Manchester terror attack by offering special tattoos. This weekend, Minerva Lodge Tattoo Club on Upper Northgate Street are joining forces with dozens of other tattoo parlours across the co
Cheshire Police have confirmed that one of their female officers died in the terror attack at Manchester Arena. It had been rumoured that a serving officer was among the 22 victims killed in the blast as Greater Manchester Chief Constable Ian Hopkins upd
An off-duty police officer killed in the Manchester Arena terror attack is reported to be from Cheshire . Greater Manchester Chief Constable Ian Hopkins revealed that a serving female officer is among the 22 victims of Monday night's bomb blast as he upd
Prime Minister Theresa May has raised the terror threat level in the UK to critical in the wake of Monday night's attack at Manchester Arena Suicide bomber Salman Abedi, 22, claimed 22 lives and left 59 of his victims injured when he detonated his device
A unique farm in Ellesmere Port is growing better lives. Bridge Community Farms on Mill Lane has been given an unexpected £25,000 boost by Cheshire Freemasons that could help it help the lives of many more people. The miracle fields of the social enterpr
A Cheshire student who has been missing since the horrific terror attack in Manchester on Monday night has died, her headteacher has confirmed. Nell Jones, 14, died at the scene of the attack at the Manchester Arena. Today devastated staff and pupils at
Firefighter and community safety apprenticeships are on offer from Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service. The service is seeking 18-year-olds and above who are enthusiastic, committed to learning new skills, dedicated to delivering an excellent service to the
The southbound carriageway of the M6 has now reopened after this morning's fatal collision (Wednesday, May 24). Five people were killed on the motorway in Staffordshire, following a collision involving a lorry and a car at around 4.30am. Police investiga
Motorists could face disruption as a popular Chester route closes for five days. From today, (May 24) Cheshire West and Chester Council (CWaC) will be carrying out surfacing works at the Backford Dip until early next week between the hours of 9.30am-4pm.
After a successful winter, the Chester Argyle over 18 men’s football team are to continue to call Chester Racecourse their home ground for another season. The White Horse, Chester Race Company’s on site gastro pub, will be supporting the team for a secon
Take That will perform in Liverpool this Friday - hours after they postponed a concert in respect of the Manchester bombing victims. After the horrific scenes that took place at Manchester Arena on Monday, the band announced they would not be performing
Ellesmere Port fire station is gearing up for its annual open day. The Wellington Road base will be opening its doors on Saturday, June 10, from 11am to 5pm. Fire chiefs promise something for everyone with plenty on display. “This is a great way for the
- 04:18 IMF approves $5.5 billion bailout package for Mongolia
- 04:11 Cheryl Grimmer: Accused man gave evidence in 1971, court hears
- 04:10 Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho should sign Everton star Ross...
- 04:10 Daley Blind proved Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho wrong vs Ajax
- 04:05 Nikkei edges up after yen softens, SoftBank surges
- 04:04 Revealed: How CCTV trawl helped police stop dangerous Leeds sex...
- 03:42 Annual boat race raising money for Help for Heroes
- 03:20 Manchester United stars slammed after singing ‘City f**k off home’...
- 03:16 Man with 'Joker' face tattoos ‘arrested for pointing loaded gun at...
- 03:13 Potheads: DR MAX PEMBERTON asks if marijuana is a factor in jihadi...
- 03:12 Moody's downgrades Hong Kong after China ratings cut
- 03:03 BOJ's Sakurai rules out near-term hike in yield target
- 03:03 Shell, ConocoPhillips oil sands share selloff risks flooding market
- 03:00 Trump vs Xi? US warship provokes Beijing by sailing within 12 miles...
- 02:59 Yorkshire groups celebrate over 100,000 hours of voluntary...
- 02:52 Mum-of-three Michelle killed in Manchester blast
- 02:52 'Only logical' for Trump to meet Dalai Lama - Tibetan leader
- 02:42 Families still desperately awaiting news on missing South Shields...
- 02:42 National minute's silence for victims of Manchester bombing
- 02:41 White Gold viewers praise new comedy for making them laugh again...
- 02:38 Oil prices rise in anticipation of extended OPEC-led production cut
- 02:33 New mum Irina Shayk bares her impeccably toned midriff in a sheer...
- 02:33 Bikini-clad Billie Faiers flashes her extraordinarily flat stomach...
- 02:33 Ciao Bella! Hadid turns heads in pin-flaunting pink satin lace-up...
- 02:32 Edinburgh hotel pays compensation over shower scalding death
- 02:09 Ooh la la! Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx board private jet together...
- 02:09 'I'm not in control of what I look like': Modern Family's Sarah...
- 02:07 Figures reveal average incomes in region
- 02:06 Bradley Lowery's family reveal youngster's cancer is spreading 'at...
- 02:03 Great Manchester Run to go ahead as organisers hope to showcase the...