News from Chester Chronicle
Schools can now pre-book visits to Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service’s Safety Central, Cheshire’s first and only interactive and life skills education centre, due to open in September 2017. The service is building the state-of-the-art facility at the junc
The Uniting Church in Garden Lane celebrated Harvest Thanksgiving with friends from the local community. The church held a coffee morning with proceeds going to the Chester Aid to The Homeless as well as a harvest service in the church on the Sunday morn
West Cheshire residents are being asked to help shape the council’s strategies for identifying and delivering effective dementia and falls prevention services in the future. Cheshire West and Chester Council would like to hear from anyone who has first-h
A £1.5million scheme to repair the Weaver Viaduct is almost complete – but a busy stretch of the M56 will be subject to some overnight closures first so the finishing touches can be made. Drivers who regularly use the M56 and holiday-goers jetting off fr
The video will start in 8s Cancel Click to play Tap to play The Live Event you are trying to watch is either unavailable or has not started Please refresh this page in your browser to reload this live event video Chester’s Northgate Arena leisure centre
Pupils in Cheshire West can look forward to being grossed out by blood, guts and flatulence while hopefully learning something about the history of medicine. New Chester visitor attraction Sick to Death, on the City Walls, is now opening its doors free o
A planning inspector rejected the views of councillors, residents and a heritage watchdog by allowing a six-storey student block described as ‘monstrous’. In April, Cheshire West and Chester Council’s planning committee voted down the 77-bed managed comp
Drama, dance and music come together for a trio of productions, hosted by the University of Chester’s Department of Performing Arts at its Kingsway Campus this term and all open to the public. Seven Petticoats will be performed on Wednesday, October 26 a
Phil Thomas The M56 has been closed near the Lymm Interchange following a serious collision involving multiple vehicles. The motorway has been shut in both directions between junctions 9 and 10, causing severe delays. One man is reported to be trapped in
Dozens of people put their best feet forward along the Oakmere Way for a good cause. The Ash-worth Time Bank organised a Sponsored Walk along the route, located is in the Oakmere/Delamere area. About 30 people took part, including Jack the whippet along
Navicore/ Wiki Stargazers will be treated to an amazing astronomical show in the skies above Cheshire tonight (October 21). The Orionid meteor shower is due to reach its peak above the UK, with up to 30 meteors an hour blazing overhead – giving you one o
A charity shop that supports Chester’s homeless community has temporarily closed following police concerns about increasing reports of anti-social behaviour and violence outside in the street. The ShareShop in Northgate Street will reopen next Thursday (
Cheshire Police There has been a huge reaction to a funny police photo of a young girl being breath tested. The force said it is a 'great example of showing how officers are human'. After the post went viral on social media, those involved have been prai
Eager new students arriving from across the country queued to get their hands on bargains at this year’s ‘Student Takeover’ event at the Grosvenor Shopping Centre, Chester. More than 2,000 freshers and existing students enjoyed exclusive discounts from t
Carl Thornton Photography Drivers are being warned to be on their guard against scammers operating on the M53 . Offering fake gold in exchange for cash or fuel, the con artists are flagging down Good Samaritans and then exploiting them. North West Motor
- 09:47 BREAKING: Murder probe as British man found tied to Malaga airport...
- 09:46 Pet shop owner fined over waste disposal shambles
- 09:46 Orionids meteor shower: how to see this weekend’s spectacle
- 09:46 Bus wars: Arriva responds to YourBus competition with refurbished...
- 09:44 Oswestry skatepark death: Rave boss avoids being sent to jail
- 09:44 Shropshire netball official jailed for taking £50,000 of club funds...
- 09:44 Property damaged in chip pan fire
- 09:42 Firebugs cause more damage to playground
- 09:42 Warning after youths seen with fireworks at park
- 09:42 Cash grant will help Carlisle nursery replace flood damaged equipment
- 09:42 Former X Factor boy band Union J perform at Cumbrian school's prize...
- 09:40 Arsenal star Laurent Koscielny: This is how Arsene Wenger proved...
- 09:40 Marcus Rashford: Chelsea are just like Manchester United
- 09:38 Fundraising appeal to save Cantelupe Centre from closure gains...
- 09:38 You can ‘bank’ on volunteers to revamp school play area
- 09:36 Travel review: Hit the north to discover the real Portugal
- 09:36 Cumbria County Council to hike taxes by four per cent every year...
- 09:36 'Furness General Hospital staff made me feel like a criminal' says...
- 09:36 Crackdown on problems at Barrow block of flats revealed
- 09:36 Ben Taylor's videos are a MASTERCLASS in Yorkshire dialect
- 09:35 Prison worker denies collecting inmate's semen in affair allegation
- 09:35 Woman arrested in connection with historical child sex offences bailed
- 09:34 Big charity total raised by store staff
- 09:33 Failed Islamist suicide bomber found dead in Manchester prison
- 09:33 Britons spend eight years of their lives on housework
- 09:32 Child migrants from Calais Jungle 'welcome' in West Midlands,...
- 09:32 Night at the movies for Halesowen tennis star with Hollywood A-lister
- 09:32 Leo Barnes inquest: Suicide verdict on man accused of Cynthia...
- 09:32 Restyled area fails to hit The Spot for this Derby shopper
- 09:30 Progress of Buxton Crescent restoration praised by Historic England