News from Chester Chronicle
Customers are being urged to check their kitchens after Sainsbury's pulled 13 of their own brand sandwich fillers off the shelves. The supermarket's own brand Deli Fillers, priced £1.40 for 220g or £2.10 for 385g, have been withdrawn after Listeria monoc
Cheshire Police anticipate a road junction in Willaston is likely to remain closed until midday following a fire. The junction of Mill Lane and Birkenhead Road is affected because the road is partially blocked due to fire services using the hydrant at th
The Northwich Business Improvement District (BID) has delivered another project to bring extra colour and brightness to the centre of town. Northwich Town Council has installed vibrant additions in the form of planters, bunting and hanging baskets on beh
Winners of the 2016 Cheshire Business Awards awards are encouraging other companies across the region to enter this year’s awards. Businesses have until July 21 to enter the Cheshire Business Awards, staged by the Trinity Mirror Cheshire series of titles
The country’s oldest and most colourful street parade was back in Chester at the weekend. Chester’s famous and medieval Midsummer Watch Parade – featuring the popular family of giants – began at Town Hall Square and wound its way through the city centre
When these pictures were taken 30 years ago, Margaret Thatcher ran the country, perms were all the rage and VHS video recorders were an expensive luxury. And perhaps most unbelievably - holiday-makers were actually allowed to smoke on the plane. These im
A housing association has explained why external cladding is being removed from the ground floors of three Chester tower blocks following the Grenfell Tower disaster. To date, 79 people are confirmed or presumed dead in the west London blaze tragedy. Att
Chester-based charity HIP in Cheshire made one service user’s dream come true by helping him reach the summit of Mount Snowdon in his wheelchair, helping to raise £7,500. Rick Ransome of Northwich wanted to climb to the top of Wales’ highest mountain des
Notes taken during the police investigation into the disappearance of Chester cruise ship worker Rebecca Coriam claim she had sex with a male crew member in front of her on-board female lover. Controversy surrounds the disappearance of the 24-year-old wh
Police have released a CCTV image of two suspects wanted for questioning in relation to thefts from shops in Hoole and Newton valued at more than £2,000. The crimes took place at two pharmacies and a convenience store between Thursday, June 1 and Tuesday
A perverted PCSO who had a sexual relationship with an underage girl after befriending her on social media has been jailed. Joshua Paterson, 27, from Northwich , will spend the next four years and eight months behind bars for his crimes after he pleaded
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so you need to make sure you get a good one. Whether you're nursing a hangover or just setting yourself up for the day, sometimes a slap-up breakfast is the only solution. Luckily Chester has some fantastic
A twin-rotor military helicopter caused a buzz after passing over Chester earlier today. Andy Scargill from Parkgate Road, Chester, was among those to hear and spot the noisy aircraft as it passed over the city at least twice just before midday. He tweet
The mum of a student who was killed in a horror crash at a notorious accident blackspot in Neston has vowed she will fight for the junction to be made safer until her dying day. Andrew Fielding's family have been campaigning for change ever since his dea
Hay fever season is well and truly upon us. Sufferers are having to endure sneezing fits, runny noses and itchy eyes as arch enemy pollen wages war. But what can you do to curb the symptoms which threaten to ruin your summer? Here’s a list of tips and tr
- 11:26 WEATHER ALERT: Rain warning issued for Notts
- 11:25 Take a trip back to the year you were born
- 11:25 Police appeal over VW Golf used in Walton drive-by shooting
- 11:25 Alvaro Morata enjoys post-honeymoon beach break as Manchester...
- 11:25 Old Blind School owners say Liverpool restaurant will reopen after...
- 11:25 U.S. Republican leaders work to buoy Senate healthcare bill
- 11:24 West Cumbrian criminal damage investigated by police
- 11:24 Elderly are up to speed with web
- 11:23 Trinity bosses offer to step down from trust to ensure £10m stadium...
- 11:23 Halifax child sex offender jailed for historic offences
- 11:22 Charger sparks blaze at Barrow home
- 11:22 Cannabis factories uncovered in Conwy as five arrested in drug...
- 11:21 Racially abusive man insulted and threatened emergency call handlers
- 11:21 Take a trip back to the year you were born
- 11:21 Pound v New Zealand dollar: GBP down against NZD despite narrowing...
- 11:21 Pound V euro: GBP uneasy against EUR ahead of Bank of England...
- 11:20 Residents of flagship Birmingham new centre tower block 'SAFE' from...
- 11:20 First pictures inside Manchester Arena surface as Prince Charles...
- 11:20 West Brom transfers: The latest on Jay Rodriguez
- 11:20 Traffic disruption in Spalding as water pipe bursts
- 11:20 Man in 'serious condition' after 20ft scaffolding fall in Chellaston
- 11:19 G20 watchdog says fintech doesn't pose threat to financial stability
- 11:19 London celebrity haunt The Ivy is opening on Temple Row in Birmingham
- 11:19 Remembrance Centre longlisted for RIBA Stirling Prize
- 11:19 Developers plan 800 new homes for Birmingham regeneration site
- 11:19 Heavy goods drivers suspended for mobile phone use
- 11:19 Reality Check: Your Brexit deal questions answered
- 11:18 Leamington Carnival will include a parade after successful appeal
- 11:18 Heavy goods drivers suspended for mobile phone use
- 11:17 Kind Irene steps forward