News from Chester Chronicle
This Saturday (February 25) Kash Tap Rooms on Brook Street, Chester, famed for its craft beers and mind blowing burgers, will close its doors for good. But all is not lost for beer lovers across the city as the award-winning brewery Deva Craft Beer is ta
A 17-year-old girl and a 22-year-old man have been charged over a stabbing in Ellesmere Port . The victim, 19, suffered serious puncture wounds in the assault in Camden Road on Valentine's Day (February 14). Police were called out to the street at about
Environment Agency experts say sulphur dioxide levels were elevated by last Thursday’s (February 16) flare-off at the Stanlow oil refinery but remained within allowable limits. The giant flame from the top of the stack sparked alarm across the region as
Sixth form students at Bishop Heber High School have been finding out more about living with dementia. The pupils attended a dementia training session organised by Sister Sharon Dodds of Prospect House care home in Malpas. Malpas is a dementia friendly v
The signs are good (and going up) for Chester ’s brand new £37m cultural centre Storyhouse meaning a theatre and cinema is coming to a city near you soon! Cranes in Hunter Street have been lifting workmen and the first sign up to the top of the tower on
A witness appeal has been issued by police to find two women who helped an unconscious assault victim in Hoole . The 31-year-old man was attacked walking from Lightfoot Street to Westminster Road before midnight on February 3. Cheshire Police hope the wo
Chester city centre has plenty to offer for those wanting a staycation or holidaymakers from afar looking to enjoy the history and culture. Aside from the world famous Chester Zoo, Chester Cathedral and River Dee there is the annual Chester Races in the
Storm Doris is due to sweep into Cheshire on Thursday (February 23), bringing high winds and potential disruption to travel. The Met Office has issued an amber warning for both Cheshire West and Chester, and Cheshire East. It is valid from 6am on Thursda
Take That star Gary Barlow gave four Chester schoolgirls the surprise of their lives when he overheard them singing one of his hits at a motorway service station. Teens Emily Rossiter, Karla Evans, Sophie Clarkson and Olivia Polding were travelling home
A Chester sporting group is celebrating its 10th anniversary after enjoying a decade of amazing success. Chester Fencing Club Salle Scipanovs was formed in 2007 by Latvian coach Valerijs Scipanovs with help and support from Brian Turner, his friend for 2
If you’re planning to treat your Mum like royalty this Mother’s Day, why not take her to the University of Chester ’s Queen’s Park campus? A pop-up restaurant is taking reservations from members of the public between 12 noon and 3pm for the top-floor De
The Chronicle has teamed up with SP Energy Networks to offer readers the chance to win a winter hamper. The hamper includes the following items: blanket, torch, power bank, hand warmer, winter driving kit, board game, selection of premium tinned foods. S
Young people in Neston are to present a specially-commissioned new play backed by the prestigious National Theatre. The town’s InterACT Youth Theatre will perform the drama, ‘The Snow Dragons’ by Liverpool Playwright Lizzie Nunnery, at Neston Civic Hall
Influential female business leaders will be in Chester in March to share insights into their success to mark International Women’s Day. One key speaker at the senior leadership conference at Chester Grosvenor Hotel will be Britain’s greatest ever woman g
Travellers have pitched up on Chester's Greyhound Retail Park. Three caravans and associated vehicles are in parking bays at the rear of the John Lewis store, off Greyhound Park Road, close to the Asda superstore. Staff at Asda said police had attended o
- 16:58 Ben Stokes gets full IPL clearance as England allow the all-rounder...
- 16:58 Floyd Mayweather Sr mocks UFC star Conor McGregor: 'I would beat...
- 16:58 Muslim teacher denied entry to US 'not given reason'
- 16:58 Scotland prop Gordon Reid urges his team to stand up against Wales'...
- 16:56 Vile Doncaster paedophile jailed for raping young teenager who fell...
- 16:56 Princess Anne supports Rainbow House
- 16:56 Walton raises the roof for St Barnabas Grantham Hospice
- 16:55 Sutton goalkeeper Wayne Shaw 'in tears' after resigning following...
- 16:55 Walkers in onesies rescue man from river at 2.30 in the MORNING
- 16:55 Family secrets of York’s disgraced Railway King
- 16:55 Coventry City going to Wembley: Calm restored at Butts Park Arena
- 16:53 Car on fire after crash with lorry on M40 near Warwick services
- 16:53 Former head teacher charged with sexual offences against adults
- 16:53 Prestatyn grandfather stepped in front of train to end torture of...
- 16:53 Take part in charity Swimathon at Melton Waterfield Leisure Centre
- 16:52 Prince Harry draws crowds to Newcastle's Quayside on whirlwind visit
- 16:52 Bridgen calls for Trump apology from House of Commons speaker John...
- 16:52 Was James Bond caught parking illegally in Leicester?
- 16:52 Liverpool plot shock move for £18m West Ham star: Jurgen Klopp has...
- 16:52 MP’s support for councillor
- 16:52 A secret floor, a chauffeur-driven Tesla and exclusive ocean views:...
- 16:52 Tourist in Thailand faces up to a year in prison for 'feeding...
- 16:52 Xbox Scorpio NEWS: Microsoft makes plans for FLASHY new dashboard
- 16:52 Wheel-y neat: Tube-style map reveals how London's web of cycle...
- 16:52 Deadpool 2 news: Rumoured Domino star Kerry Washington RESPONDS to...
- 16:52 You can marry a dog in India and identify as a dragon in Russia:...
- 16:51 Three-car crash causes delays on the A52
- 16:51 Renault unveil 2017 F1 car for the new season that Britain's Jolyon...
- 16:50 Chart-topping American hip-hop star confirms Nottingham date on...
- 16:50 Which Nottingham pub has become a weddings venue?