News from Burton Mail
A 16-year-old has been charged with drugs offences after being arrested at Burton railway station. He is facing charged of being concerned in the supply of crack cocaine and heroin. The teenager, from Stechford in the West Midlands, was arrested by polic
A police cordon is in place in a Derbyshire street after a man was stabbed near his home last night, Thursday, December 8. Derbyshire Police were called to Webster Street, in Derby, at 5.15pm where a 43-year-old man had allegedly been attacked. The man w
A group of mates has gone under the razor to shave their heads in solidarity with one of their friends who was diagnosed with testicular cancer. The youngsters have raised a huge amount of money for the Teenage Cancer Trust, after pal George Rothwell was
Potholes in South Derbyshire are set to be among those fixed after £1.4 million extra cash was secured. The extra government cash has been welcomed to continue Derbyshire County Council's drive to reduce the number of potholes in the county. Repairing po
The way of the world today usually sees people get a new phone and discard the old one in a drawer, or hand it down to a younger member of the family, but could you be sitting on a gold mine? Experts have suggested that some models from the late 90s and
Christmas brings turkey, presents and lots of cheer but with all that comes rubbish - and lots of it. From the wrapping paper from the gifts to the packaging from all the food devoured over the festive period, there is often a lot to get rid of it. One o
Motorists will no longer be able to use High Street as an illegal cut-through when the bollard governing the pedestrianised road is raised once more. For two years, traffic has been flouting regulations on the town centre's main road, with Uttoxeter coun
A South Derbyshire school backing the Feed Our Families campaign is also using it to teach the children a very important lesson. Rosliston Primary School has started holding food collections three times a year for the South Derbyshire CVS and was only to
As the weather gets colder and the evenings get darker, you may feel the temptation to cram in as much as possible to your free weekend with the family. From a floating grotto to a Christmas bazaar and some wintery walks with mulled wine to keep you warm
Derby County's excellent turnaround in fortunes continues under Steve McClaren with the 1-0 defeat of Wigan Athletic moving the Rams up to ninth place in the table and cut to 4/1 from 6s to be playing Premier League football after making it five league w
Cyclists are being warned to be vigilant after a spate of bike thefts in Burton totalling thousands of pounds. Staffordshire Police are looking into at least five reports of bikes being taken from various locations across the town and have issued a warni
The intention to get train companies and Network Rail working more closely together has met with a mixed reception, with some saying the idea 'makes sense', and others calling it 'piecemeal privatisation.' Transport Minister Chris Grayling has announced
Uttoxeter's brand new £1.5 million household waste recycling centre is set to open a week today, it has been announced. Homeowners in and around town have been using a temporary tip at Staffordshire County Council's former service depot, in Hockley Road,
Co-operative travel is set to disappear from the high street after its partner Thomas Cook announced it is to buy out and rebrand the firm. Thomas Cook will take full ownership of the 764 travel branches, spending £55.8 million to buy the Co-operative Gr
Plans to build a multi-storey at Burton's Queen's Hospital are to be 'reviewed' after a 150 home project which would have seen the hospital lose dozens of car park spaces was rejected in the High Court. Development company Barwood Strategic Land LTD. had
- 11:32 Anti-poverty group takes aim at CDC
- 11:32 Top judges wrap up Brexit hearing
- 11:32 Christmas comes early at South Tyneside’s newest visitor attraction
- 11:32 Justice secretary praises our campaign calling for tougher...
- 11:32 City centre Victorian church could be turned into bar or restaurant
- 11:32 Christmas message sent to supporters of policeman with cancer
- 11:32 Consultations to be held over closure of Wainfleet surgery
- 11:32 Police to contact MP Michelle Thomson over rape ordeal at 14
- 11:31 Web shoppers warned over Facebook Marketplace fraud
- 11:31 Coming together to share happy memories at Harrogate’s Light up a...
- 11:31 Louth man, 63, admits stealing cash from Jacksons Butchers
- 11:30 Greg Cunningham: exclusive PNE column
- 11:29 When Santa got stuck in the mineshaft
- 11:29 Tamworth ABC's Ryan Hatton is crowned national champion for the...
- 11:29 China: Xi calls for stricter ideological control of universities
- 11:29 MANNEQUIN CHALLENGE: Police and firefighters film video to...
- 11:29 Traffic alert: Long delays after crash on M62
- 11:28 Police cordon in place after man is stabbed near his Derbyshire home
- 11:29 Campaign to build bridge over ‘danger bypass’ after accident
- 11:28 Teenager arrested at Burton railway station and charged with...
- 11:28 Non-league football club's results expunged after resigning from...
- 11:28 Murali Vijay and Cheteshwar Pujara frustrate England's bowlers on...
- 11:28 Should drivers give way to cyclists when turning left?
- 11:28 Man injured after hit-and-run in Louth
- 11:28 Holidays are coming ... and so are your South Yorkshire Coca Cola...
- 11:27 West Brom have become an improved attacking force under Tony Pulis...
- 11:27 Man charged with phone possession in HMP Ranby
- 11:27 SCAM ALERT: Do not click on this email
- 11:27 EU launches new investigation into Chinese steel imports
- 11:27 FTSE gains, on track for best week since July