News from Burton Mail
Ben Turner on Burton Albion's recent run of results and the importance of wins ahead of Cardiff City
Ben Turner says Burton Albion's poor run of form will be harder to turn around the longer it lasts - and he knows just how valuable victory this weekend could prove. The Brewers have lost seven of their last eight games in all competitions, with the 2-0
There are no concerns among management or the squad about Burton Albion's fitness, following a run of goals conceded in added time. Albion have conceded in first-half stoppage time in each of their last three Championship games, away at Rotherham and at
An accounts administrator has been ordered to pay back less than a tenth of the £820,000 she stole from the Burton pharmaceutical company where she was employed. Lorraine Adams, who helped herself to the money during the 11 years she worked for Bretby fi
The boss of a disabled charity has hailed a ruling by the Supreme Court that bus drivers must do more to move passengers from seating designated for wheelchair users. The judgement, made today, Wednesday, January 18, declared that in some circumstances d
Fans of the voice are in for a musical treat on Friday whena star of ITV's The Voice will be singing live at Barton Marina's Waterfront Restaurant. Jason's performance on the TV talent contest stunned all four celebrity judges who pressed their buttons t
It's what many of us Brits work all year for - our holidays, and with an average person spending 17 per cent of their disposable income on travel, it is worth taking a look at the history to the art of holidaying. Derived from the old English word 'Halig
Andy Garner says neither he, Nigel Clough or the Burton Albion players have noticed any speculation or any links between the Brewers boss and the vacancy at Nottingham Forest. Forest sacked Philippe Montanier at the weekend after a 0-0 draw with Birmingh
Cardiff City are being linked with a loan move for Premier League goalkeeper Allan McGregor ahead of Saturday's clash with Burton Albion. Only Rotherham United, Blackburn Rovers and Nottingham Forest have conceded more than Cardiff's 40 goals so far this
It is good news that a stretch of lights along a notorious section of the A38 is to be repaired and switched back on. The lights along the busy dual carriageway have been off for months, having been turned off by highways bosses due to safety issues. Loc
Shoppers out in Burton have been evading attempts to 'exterminate' after Daleks were spotted outside Coopers Square shopping centre. The Doctor Who television show villains though did not have people fleeing in terror. The Daleks spotted floating down St
Fraudsters are targeting social media users in Derbyshire by asking them to donate to animal welfare charities abroad which do exist. Derbyshire police have now teamed up with the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau (NFIB) to raise awareness of the scam.
A sell-out opening night has ensured Mellow Dramatics has remained the top of its game with its latest performance of everyone's favourite frightful family - The Addams Family. Following on from last year's successful production of Oliver!, the amateur d
A teenager with an eye for fashion has been designing outfits fit for superheroes as she prepares herself for more competitions. Abi Farebrother came in the top 10 of a national Clothes Show fashion designer competition to design an outfit for a superher
Two pals with an obsession for real ale will see their beers sold at the pumps for the very first time at an award-winning pub near Uttoxeter. Tom Abbott and Andy Ockleton's Uttoxeter Brewing Company was registered as an official firm by HMRC just a few
Nearly 1,000 holidaymakers on Thomas Cook packages in Gambia are to be flown home amid growing concerns about political unrest in the west African nation. The holiday company said it had triggered contingency plans after the Foreign Office (FCO) urged Br
- 18:12 Ireland reports 'mad cow' case, says no risk to health
- 18:12 Trump to take handful of executive actions on Day One - transition
- 18:11 More than 400 jobs to go at Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank
- 18:11 Harrogate woman's £25,000 win in Henshaws charity lottery
- 18:10 Teenager charged after youngster stabbed at Swedish 'no-go zone'...
- 18:10 ‘Robert Mugabe to die on October 17 2017’ Zimbabwean priest...
- 18:10 'Muslims should not wear burka in public’, says Australian Premier...
- 18:10 Rape-proof knickers created in wake of Cologne sex attacks SELL OUT...
- 18:10 Done Deal: Chelsea striker makes switch away from Stamford Bridge
- 18:09 WATCH: Stunning starlings put on a show in Derbyshire
- 18:09 Latest court results from the Ilkeston area
- 18:09 Woman hurt after car crashes into a hedge
- 18:09 Friends of St Cross make dream start to sleep fundraiser
- 18:08 Meet the four-legged new arrivals set to keep North East nature...
- 18:08 Dad who broke his back in seven places after horror motorbike crash...
- 18:08 Holocaust to be marked with a series of events across the North East
- 18:08 Theresa May accused of betraying the North East over total Brexit plan
- 18:08 Global temperature hits record high for third year in a row
- 18:07 Harrogate woman's £25,000 win in Henshaws charity lottery
- 18:07 Wall St. flat as tech gains counter weakness in retailers
- 18:06 Shell bolsters offshore wind interests with bid in U.S. tender
- 18:05 Jobs go as Huddersfield sandwich company folds
- 18:05 You can now attend a fitness class where humans have to exercise...
- 18:05 Gabon 1-1 Burkina Faso: Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang hits penalty to...
- 18:05 Patrick Bamford seals return to Middlesbrough as Chelsea make £8.5m...
- 18:05 FIA give approval for sale for Formula One to Liberty Media as...
- 18:05 Plymouth v Liverpool FA Cup LIVE: Plus Newcastle v Birmingham and...
- 18:04 Hedderman happy to win ugly against Enville
- 18:04 James Haskell likely to make first Wasps start since May in Zebre
- 18:04 Hull mum Kerry Clarkson jailed for smuggling 38 Diazepam tablets...