News from Burton Mail
A thrill-seeker left suspended in mid-air when the Smiler broke down yesterday said the experience was "horrendous". The Alton Towers rollercoaster that crashed two years ago reportedly left riders hanging in mid-air for 45 minutes. A...
As technology adapts, every day slang is forever changing and it's important for parents to keep up with how their children talk online. Slang is ever-changing, fast-paced and sometimes difficult to keep up-to-date with. As The Mirror reports, for parent
Former Burton Albion loanee Chris O'Grady has signed for League Two side Chesterfield. The 31-year-old striker - who spent the entirety of last term with the Brewers - has penned a two-year deal with the Spireites. O'Grady made a telling impact as Albion
A simple new idea is being trialled in the Burton area to attempt to reduce the number of elderly that are being admitted into hospitals. Virgin Care will be working with the NHS in East Staffordshire to introduce special red key rings which indicate tha
A safe full of cash has been stolen by thieves who ransacked an aeropark at East Midlands Airport, causing thousands of pounds worth of damage. Police were called to the Castle Donington site shortly after 9pm on Sunday, June 25. A force spokesman said t
People in Uttoxeter don't have long to influence the next phase of one of the biggest housing developments in the town's history. Developer St Modwen has applied to build 113 homes at the Bramshall Meadows site, at Parks Farm, off Bramshall Road. The dea
Ever fancied seeing yourself on the big screen? Now here is your chance. A casting company is on the look out for budding actors from Burton, Uttoxeter and South Derbyshire to feature in a new biopic which stars Hollywood actresses Margot Robbie and Saoi
A distinctive Land Rover has been stolen from Ashby. The vehicle was taken from outside an address in Marlborough Way sometime between 10pm on Monday, June 26, and 6.45am the following morning. The red Land Rover Defender has been modified and has an ext
A family's pet hen has been killed in a "despicable" crime after thugs broke into a shed at a house in Ashby and poured petrol over its contents. It happened sometime between 10pm on Saturday, June 24, and 7.45am on Sunday, June 25, when the...
Burton Albion's home clash with Sheffield United and away trip to Cardiff City in the Championship next season have been rescheduled. The Brewers were due to host the recently-promoted Blades at the Pirelli Stadium on Saturday November 18 (3pm), but the
Donating blood for the first time is going to be a scary experience for anyone, regardless of how brave you may seem on the outside. The thought of sitting in a chair while a pint of blood is pouring out of your body is enough to make you queasy, but wha
Three more ships are set to be included in Princess Cruises' Ocean Medallion Class fleet which will bring the total to seven by the beginning of 2019. Crown Princess and Golden Princess will be Ocean Medallion ready in November 2018, with Ruby Princess r
The EAGA Gospel Choir are coming to Burton for a "truly exhilarating night of music". The Choir first came into the spotlight when they became runners up on BBC 2's "The Choir" with Gareth Malone in 2016, and now they are coming to...
Motorists are still facing heavy delays commuting in and out of Burton as roadworks continue to hold up traffic around the town. Vehicles are still being held up in Derby Road near the Pirelli Stadium due to gas works but those who had been affected by r
Even though it is easy to make jokes about the sale of one of George Formby's ukuleles and how it has "turned out nice again" for the seller and buyer alike, there is a stronger message out there for music lovers. These instruments are also...
- 13:38 Buckshaw retirement residents try out Virual Reality
- 13:37 FMQs: Sturgeon under pressure to apologise for ‘not being straight’...
- 13:37 Bearded Scotsman hunted by police in Cumbria disorder probe
- 13:37 VOTE: Derbyshire still supports smoking ban 10 years on
- 13:37 Is this the best youth game ever? Watch stunning cup final comeback
- 13:36 Well known Doncaster town centre GP dies
- 13:36 Jermain Defoe signs three-year deal at Bournemouth worth £20m...16...
- 13:36 Smarty pants? Children with higher IQ at lower risk of dying from...
- 13:35 Sunderland sale collapses: Ellis Short to remain, Simon Grayson set...
- 13:35 Fire safety checks come back on Cumbrian high rises
- 13:35 6 reasons to leave it all behind and go to beautiful Dominica
- 13:35 John Carver tells Rafa Benitez to sign game-changers from Chelsea...
- 13:34 This Morning viewers INCONSOLABLE as couple get married LIVE up The...
- 13:34 Bemusement arcade
- 13:34 Nigeria: Ogoni widows sue Shell over military crackdown
- 13:34 New parents naming babies after politicians
- 13:34 Specs help give Brian gift of sight
- 13:33 Alexis Sanchez, Lionel Messi and Javier Hernandez – the 40 stars...
- 13:33 Thrill-seekers stuck in mid-air for '45 minutes' on Smiler ride at...
- 13:33 Liverpool Transfer News: Lemar contact made, Sessegnon snub,...
- 13:32 15 treats you can get for free on your birthday
- 13:32 Battle to save Bowland’s skydancers
- 13:32 VOTE: Notts still supports smoking ban 10 years on
- 13:32 Pub bombings families face fresh wait to see if suspects will be...
- 13:32 Watch: Shock moment bank raiders smash silver 4x4 into bank
- 13:31 Nuneaton paedophile jailed for making more than 6,000 child abuse...
- 13:31 It's sofa so good for new furniture store
- 13:31 Donate your old phones to students
- 13:31 Classroom hero award is music to Sir's ears
- 13:30 Uber says never told self-driving car executive to take Waymo files