News from Burnley Express
Voters in Burnley and Padiham will go to the polls on Thursday to decide who will represent them at Lancashire County Council. It will be a big day in the borough as the county council elections will be held on the same day as a referendum to decide if B
Rail travellers across the north west have been hit by train strikes as Northern employees walked-out in a dispute over the role of guards. The 24-hour strike which affects services run by Northern began today on April 28 just after midnight and will end
Hundreds of people are expected to go along to a grand charity football match and fund raising day in honour of a popular teenager who died in January. Bobby Carter (17) and his cousin Brandon, who is 16, have organised the event on Saturday, May 13th,
Clarets keeper Tom Heaton has been named Burnley FC in the Community's PFA Community Champion for the 2016/17 season. The award, facilitated by the Professional Footballer’s Association (PFA), is given every season to a player from each club to recognise
A Pendle dentist has been cleared of attempted murder after he stabbed a man in self defence. Phillip Gale (50) was found not guilty of attempted murder, grievous bodily harm and wounding by a jury after a week-long trial at Preston Crown Court this week
Tumble into the wacky world of Wonderland when a ballet show based on Lewis Carroll’s celebrated children's books come to town. Join Alice on her magical adventure as she meets a host of colourful characters, including The Mad Hatter, The Queens of Heart
A man was arrested after he tried to escape police and crashed his car into a turn left sign, say police. Police began a pursuit of a Vauxhall Corsa in Burnley after it failed to stop for a patrol car at around 1am on April 28. The offender manged to avo
Two men have been convicted after an elaborate scheme to try to get one of them acquitted of an offence of driving without insurance. Luke Craig (27) was stopped by the police on May 10th, 2015 on Accrington Road, Burnley, and had no insurance for the ve
A rousing finale is planned for the last concert of the 13th season of Musical Extravaganza in Padiham. The Haslingden Concert Band will perform at Nazareth Unitarian Church on Saturday, May 6th and their set consists of all types of music to suit a wide
A man who prowled the streets of Pendle has been jailed for the rape of a woman after climbing through a window into her home last October. Hungarian Zsolt Suhaj (26) of Barkerhouse Road, Nelson was handed a life sentence with a minimum term of 11 years
After a fundraising campaign defined by the community's generosity, the Burnley Knights of St. Columba have presented their two chosen charities with cheques for £1,200. Having raised much-needed finances for both the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital
A biochemist caught almost four times the drink-drive limit just after his father died was allegedly shopped by his wife, who left him the same day, a court heard. Robin John Scott (52) had been on his way to get more alcohol after finding out the sad ne
How do you spot a phishing scam when the email looks entirely legitimate? Every year, millions of people fall victim to email phishing scams – these are emails that attempt to obtain sensitive information by masking as a trustworthy source like the bank.
A 55-year-old man, who attacked his next-door neighbour while they were playing chess, could face being locked up. Neil Hannah, who had been drinking, thumped William Shuttleworth for no reason when a happy evening turned into "unprovoked"...
Arsonists set fire to a car in Brierfield this afternoon. The vehicle was set alight in Halifax Road at around 3-30pm and firefighters from Nelson used a hosereel jet to extinguish the flames. There were no casualties and police have been informed.
- 08:37 Stoke City news and transfer rumours LIVE: All the matchday...
- 08:36 Man saved young boy from Rutland Water
- 08:34 Petition opposes sale of any council homes in Shropshire
- 08:34 Oswestry’s Orthopaedic Hospital veterans’ centre would be first
- 08:34 No Shifnal Town Council poll due to lack of candidates
- 08:34 EasyBus link between Shrewsbury and Chester to start
- 08:34 Man who showed 'no remorse' jailed for sexual assault
- 08:34 Eastham Bridge collapse: Relief after new crossing is installed
- 08:34 Judge gives Telford drug addict a final chance
- 08:34 Telford landlord licence plan consultation delayed until...
- 08:34 Shropshire Council powers have been chipped away, says David Lloyd
- 08:34 Shrewsbury mother who left her children, aged four and 11,...
- 08:34 Chance to comment on spots for planting
- 08:34 Peter drives off with top national recognition
- 08:33 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 08:32 Historic pubs included in new real ale guide
- 08:31 Chelsea team predicted: Antonio Conte’s starting XI to face Everton
- 08:30 Philippine military says high-ranking Abu Sayyaf member killed
- 08:28 Berwick Community Trust chief reflects on twin town visit
- 08:28 Drones and fighting cyber crime make for good business inside the...
- 08:28 £4k boost for African trip
- 08:26 Joe Hart wants Manchester United transfer to prove Pep Guardiola wrong
- 08:25 China deports US 'spy' Sandy Phan-Gillis after conviction
- 08:24 Holme Valley stroke survivors tells their stories for Stroke...
- 08:24 Jane Bradley: Don’t make sport out of pregnancy
- 08:24 Stephen Jardine: I’ll try the vegetarian way in meat-free May
- 08:24 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 08:23 Man City boss Pep Guardiola 'to launch' £250m summer spending spree...
- 08:23 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho hints at Bastian...
- 08:23 Alpaca trekking in Fife