News from Buckingham Today
0 Have your say The head teacher from Brackley is planning to walk to work to raise funds for her school - a trip of 32.6 miles. Brackley Junior School head Rosalyne Peet, will tackle a cross country route from Rugby on Friday, April 21, between the Walk
0 Have your say The Comedy Pet Photography Awards has already received a barrage of strong (and rib-tickling) contenders, but there's still time to enter. The competition, which is open for entries until May, calls on pet-owners the world over to enter f
0 Have your say NHS England is to launch a consultation next month which could see GPs stop prescribing medicines which are available over the counter for a fraction of the cost. Gluten-free foods, omega-3 supplements and travel vaccinations are among th
0 Have your say Plans for a new hub which aims to support the growth of businesses in Bucks have received a boost after a business group pledged £1.3 million towards it. Buckinghamshire Thames Valley Local Enterprise Partnership (BTVLEP) provided £1.3m i
1 Have your say It will be all change in Britain on Tuesday when the new £1 coin enters circulation but millions of commuters could be left facing fresh chaos as it emerged 11 out of 18 rail providers had not upgraded their machines and would be unable t
0 Have your say A five-strong group of endangered African hunting dogs will set paw in their brand new home at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo for the first time this spring. Moving into an 8,500sqm enclosure in the UK’s largest zoo, the canines, also known as painted
0 Have your say Traffic cameras will measure drivers’ average speed along Brighton seafront from tomorrow (March 28). They replace ‘fixed’ speed cameras, which photograph vehicles breaking the speed limit at one point in the road. Instead, average speed
0 Have your say Aylesbury Vale MP and Speaker of the House of Commons John Bercow takes pride of place at the centre of a contemporary take on the classic French almanac on display at Waddesdon Manor. British artist Adam Dant was specially commissioned t
A motorcyclist has died after a crash on the A422 just outside Buckingham on Saturday afternoon. The motorcycle was in collision with a black Skoda Octavia, driven by a man from Aylesbury, who was treated for shock at the scene. The accident happened on
0 Have your say The average age when Britons living in rented accommodation think they’ll be able to afford their own house is 33. The survey by Spark Energy found that one in six respondents (17 per cent) don’t believe they will ever be able to raise th
0 Have your say A pedestrian who was run over by a car on a notorious crossing in Buckingham has spoken of the moment she was injured. Naomi Arghiros was struck by a passing car when she was crossing the A413 near to the Tesco superstore and was taken t
0 Have your say Clothing giant Primark has recalled a line of children’s clothing over safety fears. The Novelty Cat Legging, which was on sale in UK stores from November 8 2016 up to February 22 2017, was found to present a potential hazard during the c
0 Have your say Owning a car is bcoming ‘increasingly absurd’ as it carrying cash, according to new research. More than three quarters of people in the UK currently use a car, but three in 10 (29%) consider owning one as being increasingly unnecessary ac
2 Have your say Nearly a third of all Brits will not see their mums this Mothering Sunday and almost half will not even send a card, according to a poll. Just 30 per cent of Brit adults will make the effort to see their mothers this weekend while only 40
0 Have your say Amber necklaces and bracelets, wooden teething rattles and teething clips have been recalled after Trading Standards test results revealed them to be a choking hazard. The products, manufactured by It’s Handmade are aimed at teething babi
- 18:15 Emmerdale spoilers: Moira and Cain Dingle grow close again as she...
- 18:15 Co-op supermarket shelves left bare due to 'availability issues'
- 18:15 Meet Bomber - Nottinghamshire's top dog for search missions
- 18:15 Couple who met during Second World War celebrate 70th wedding...
- 18:14 New York Red Bulls re-sign Man City product Bradley Wright-Phillips...
- 18:14 Woman charged with grievous bodily harm in Burton
- 18:14 Vauxhall drops FA home nations football sponsorship deals
- 18:14 Vue to screen exclusive new episodes of Peter Kay's Car Share this...
- 18:14 Kasabian star Chris Edwards hands over thousands to charity in...
- 18:13 How EU countries view Britain’s triggering of Article 50
- 18:13 Tunisian former PM Jomaa launches 'non-ideological' political party
- 18:13 France's Macron on course to win presidency - Elabe poll
- 18:13 Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha will have the final say on his Scottish...
- 18:12 Circus trainer attacked by lions in terrifying video
- 18:10 Retired vicar to wed male model 54 years his junior
- 18:10 Schoolchildren donate flag after Union Jack stolen from Bomber...
- 18:10 Return of council’s big clean-up programme
- 18:09 Wirral community rocked as "best buddy" pays tribute to alleged...
- 18:09 Busy Cumbria road closed following bus crash
- 18:08 Weaverham plumber to run London Marathon in tribute to veteran...
- 18:08 Ex-Corrie star from Cuddington lands role in Hollyoaks
- 18:08 Head teacher in training for 32.6-mile walk to work
- 18:07 Paul Scholes: This is what I think of Manchester United’s top four...
- 18:07 Arsenal star Mesut Ozil makes shock transfer revelation: Manchester...
- 18:07 Formula 1 2017 schedule: When are the Grand Prix races? Latest...
- 18:06 Liverpool favourites to snap up Arsenal star
- 18:06 Nick Cushing: Carli Lloyd has taken Manchester City Women to...
- 18:05 See stunning new pictures of Birmingham's rapidly changing skyline
- 18:05 How Town Hall & Symphony Hall CEO has inspired staff to enter 10K
- 18:05 See inside Sutton Coldfield's chic new restaurant Bistrot Pierre