News from Buckingham Today
0 Have your say A new company has been formed to support the high-tech activity within a one-hour radius of Silverstone Circuit. The formation of the new Silverstone Technology Cluster company follows a report from independent research and analysis speci
0 Have your say GP numbers are heading for a ‘cliff edge’ as almost 40 per cent approach retirement in the next few years, it has been warned. Plans for the reorganisation of the NHS to help save £22bn are putting a greater focus on general practices tak
0 Have your say Sugar is not the first thing that comes to mind when people talk about farming. More usually we think of cattle and sheep and if considering arable crops, wheat and barley. But sugar beet is an important crop in our country and plays a va
0 Have your say An Ex Rifle Brigade soldier who won the The Légion d’Honneur for bravery after landing at Normandy on D-Day was given a moving guard of honour at his funeral service this week. Denis Cruse passed away at home on Sunday, January 22 aged 90
0 Have your say The NHS must not be forced to rely on ‘nursing on the cheap’ as vacancies of fully-qualified staff mount and trainees on cheaper and quicker courses are brought in, the Royal College of Nursing has warned. The number of people applying to
0 Have your say Savings of around £38m have to be made by Oxfordshire County Council over the 2017/18 tax year in a budget which was narrowly agreed at a meeting on Tuesday. OCC’s proposed budget was carried by 31 votes to 29 after a six hour debate in t
0 Have your say Here in the UK, we are just emerging from a notably cold spell, which saw easterly winds drag bitter continental air across our shores, bringing outbreaks of sleet and snow amid the fairly benign February gloom. In stark contrast, the sou
0 Have your say A clearly defined split has formed in Oxfordshire between district and county councils over plans for a unitary authority. Last month, Oxfordshire County Council (OCC) unveiled its ‘One Oxfordshire’ vision which would see Oxfordshire’s di
0 Have your say Government and National Health Service bosses must plug a multi-billion pound funding gap in the NHS budget. Following explosive reports this week on the plans that could alter the course of the NHS in England, we’ve summarised everything
0 Have your say Forget “Physician Heal Thyself”, plans to shake up health services and save the NHS millions seem to hinge on patients either not getting ill in the first place or looking after themselves with an increased use of technology. However, cam
0 Have your say More than 1,000 visitors saw Stoke Bruerne from a different angle last weekend – from the bottom of a drained lock on the Grand Union Canal. Visitors walked along the original 200-year-old brickwork and spoke to engineers and volunteers a
0 Have your say The much-discussed housing white paper was released by the Government last week, but what does it mean in real terms for developments accross Aylesbury Vale? The 104 page document vows to ‘Fix Britain’s housing market’ with a series of re
0 Have your say Artificial Intelligence: Fact & Fiction is the title of the next Lillingstone Lecture in the Royal Latin School’s Discovery Centre at 6pm on Wednesday, February 22. Sir Nigel Shadbolt is an academic and commentator who studies and...
0 Have your say The Buckinghamshire Mind Older Adults Service urgently needs a volunteer to help deliver its Pippin Club service in Prestwood, near Great Missenden. For over 100 years, Buckinghamshire Mind has been a trusted charity working to support an
0 Have your say Lord Cottesloe celebrated his 90th birthday with a party for local residents and friends in the Fremantle Room of Swanbourne’s Betsey Wynne pub. Swanbourne Community Association committee member, Roger Parker, said: “As alert as ever, the
- 11:50 Donald Trump appears to invent terror attack in Sweden and then...
- 11:49 Liverpool legend Graeme Souness unleashes brutal takedown of...
- 11:49 Antonio Conte fires warning to his Chelsea players: You must not do...
- 11:49 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:49 Japanese pool player’s bizarre post-match interview has Twitter in...
- 11:49 John Terry makes bold claim: Chelsea’s rivals should listen up
- 11:49 Only one '£50k' Jane Austen five pound note left - and it's in...
- 11:48 Point at Sheffield United was the best Scunthorpe earned all...
- 11:47 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:46 Model who dangled 1,000ft off Dubai skyscraper investigated by police
- 11:46 My journey to Miss Bikini Body: Dressing the part is motivating me...
- 11:45 Manchester City target Lionel Messi in £100m deal as superstar's...
- 11:44 Manchester United vs Reading U23s LIVE score and goal updates
- 11:43 Is this the best job in Lincoln? Game testers wanted!
- 11:42 Coventry woman caught carrying three kitchen knives in a public...
- 11:40 Part of M1 closed between J26 and J25 near Derby due to incident
- 11:40 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:40 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:39 Chelsea are a better team when Antonio Conte picks Cesc Fabregas,...
- 11:39 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Bad weather puts a dampener on weekly Bakewell market
- 11:38 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:38 WASPI CAMPAIGN: 1950s women demand action on pensions
- 11:36 Man United News: Woodward’s £1bn plan for Mourinho, £30m Arsenal...
- 11:34 Police to review 484 cases after criminal probe launched at...
- 11:34 This Bicester style village is coming to the Midlands - here's what...
- 11:34 Jordan Veretout: Midfielder on his Aston Villa future and Steve...
- 11:32 Unravelling tales about Edith
- 11:32 The first ever Muslim-friendly ‘modest’ fashion show is taking...