News from Brighouse Echo
Calderdale Council is warning people to be vigilant after fake emails were sent from addresses using the calderdale.gov.uk domain. The emails sent came from addresses ending ‘@calderdale.gov.uk’, and state that a PayPal transaction has been processed. Th
A woman has asked the public for their support after her friend from Halifax suffered a tragedy. Helen Daykin’s husband died suddenly in his sleep and now her friend, Jodie Lopez, has nominated her for a garden makeover to help adjust to their new life.
The site for specialist housing focused on caring for those with dementia has been revealed in Rastrick. Calderdale Council is working with Home Group to deliver the 62 bed scheme on land at the junction of Bramston Street and Thornhill Road in Rastrick.
Augmented reality, virtual reality and a chat assistant that knows when you’re hungry – Facebook is making some big changes in 2017. Launched yesterday by Mark Zuckerberg, F8 2017, Facebook’s annual developer’s conference, opened with some major new feat
Temperatures will plunge to single figures next week as winter makes an unwelcome return to Yorkshire. The coolest days, Tuesday and Wednesday, will see daytime lows of just six degrees - temperatures more typical of February than late April. Monday will
A Virgin Trains attendant refused to serve coffee to a passenger in his reusable travel mug because it had not been ‘risk assessed’. Peter Kohler was on his way from Edinburgh to London on the Virgin Trains East Coast service on Monday evening when he at
Heroin laced with a contaminate that could make it 100 times stronger could have played a part in recent addicts’ deaths, police are fearing. Two users died at the weekend, one in Normanton and another in Leeds, leading to West Yorkshire Police issuing a
Fairground attraction led to 60 diamond years of marriage for a couple celebrating the special milestone. Patricia and Brian Barrand, of Lightcliffe, will mark their anniversary today, after first meeting at school as youngsters. Brian, 81, had moved to
Vigilance is being urged after bogus emails containing viruses have been sent out, claiming to be from various authorities. West Yorkshire Police said that one of the emails from someone pretending to be force is a fake invoice to the victim for £2,259.2
Luxury fashion brand Burberry said it is “taking a moment to think through” its plans for a flagship manufacturing and weaving facility in Leeds. The firm announced in late 2015 that it would move its Castleford and Keighley staff to Leeds’ South Bank. W
These are the planned roadworks for the motorways and major A roads in the Yorkshire region for the week ahead. M1 junction 30 Barlborough to junction 35a Stocksbridge The northbound entry at junction 30 will be closed for two nights from Thursday 20 Apr
Brits are a nation of telly watchers, and according to a new survey, comedy is always what has kept us glued to the small screen. A poll by galabingo.com asked UK viewers for their favourite TV moments, from the 70s till the present day, and while soaps,
West Yorkshire Police have revealed what is at the top of a thieves list when out looking to steal your property. Thieves look to steal property they believe can be removed and easily sold-on, especially if it they cannot be traced back to the scene of t
‘Election needed to ensure strong and stable leadership’ - Calder Valley MP Craig Whittaker reacts to...
Theresa May has called an early general election for June 8 in an announcement this morning. The Prime Minister had repeatedly denied that she would call an election before the next scheduled poll in 2020. Calder Valley MP Craig Whittaker said: “We need
Theresa May today called on MPs to agree to a snap General Election to be held on June 8. The Prime Minister used to a statement in Downing Street to set out the case for going back on her previous pledge there would be no election ahead of 2020. Mrs May
- 01:21 La Rochelle 14-16 Gloucester: Cherry and Whites end hosts' unbeaten...
- 01:17 Save money on your energy bills by signing up to collective...
- 01:17 New scheme to help more parents with the costs of childcare
- 01:13 Manchester United vs Celta Vigo: Everything you need to know
- 01:09 As it happened - Burton Albion 2 - 1 Leeds United, Brewers claim...
- 01:09 Garry Monk says Burton Albion win was 'extremely unfair' on his...
- 01:09 Fulham loanee Lasse Vigen Christensen on how Burton Albion dealt...
- 00:58 Retailers can expect to feel the pinch as they grapple with falling...
- 00:58 City News: AkzoNobel, View My Chain & Clinton Cards
- 00:58 PPI compensation bill set to hit £37bn as banks unveil...
- 00:58 Five Minute Guide to: Ensuring your car cover is valid
- 00:57 Troy Deeney accuses Watford of playing 'like it was FIFA' in Hull...
- 00:57 Mo Farah has to win a marathon before he is better than me, says...
- 00:57 Hibernian boss Neil Lennon takes a pop at 'boy band' side for...
- 00:53 Speeding fines are changing from TOMORROW - Here’s everything you...
- 00:52 To Ray Davies, America is a 'beautiful but dangerous' place
- 00:51 Cuba's slick TV channel that supports 'more revolution'
- 00:51 Hackney club acid attack: Man charged over attack
- 00:50 Liverpool midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum braced for physical battle...
- 00:50 Benfica draw with Sporting marred by supporter fighting as Italian...
- 00:50 Wigan could face competition from Norwich for Uwe Rosler as they...
- 00:47 'Rebel without a cause' Corbyn unsuitable for No 10 - Tory chief
- 00:47 Lotto jackpot rolls over to £6.9 million
- 00:47 Record number of runners prepare for London Marathon challenge
- 00:47 All-girl dance troupe wow their way into BGT semi-final
- 00:47 Nafisah Baba named as BBC's Young Dancer 2017
- 00:47 100 firefighters tackle Dagenham warehouse blaze
- 00:42 Couple tell of terrifying kidnap ordeal
- 00:38 Why Rome sends trains filled with rubbish to Austria
- 00:36 Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says unfamiliar feeling of...