News from Brighouse Echo
0 Have your say The BBC has unveiled its Christmas highlights - with a seasonal Bake Off, Sherlock, Mrs Brown’s Boys and Doctor Who among this year’s treats. The Great Christmas Bake Off, featuring a selection of bakers from previous series, will be the
0 Have your say Now 11 months on from the devastating Boxing Day floods, Calderdale communities were on high alert yesterday (Monday) as heavy rain battered the area. Flood warnings were issued for the borough as the downpour fell on towns and villages,
The team defending the man accused of murdering Jo Cox does not proposed to call any evidence, jurors have been told. Jurors at the Old Bailey have heard that Thomas Mair will not be taking the stand. This morning the court heard the final evidence in th
0 Have your say Bags of ready to eat salads that contain broken leaves could be harbouring dangerously high levels of the food poisoning bug, a new study warned. Prepared mixed or spinach salads have become increasingly popular but the very way the fresh
0 Have your say A woman pedestrian in her 70s was taken to hospital with head and leg injuries after being in collision with a car. It happened yesterday afternoon at 4.50pm on the A62 Queensgate in Huddersfield opposite the University and involved a Vol
0 Have your say Flood alerts remain in place for Calderdale this morning after the borough was battered by storms yesterday (Monday). River levels rose and 11 flood warnings, which means flooding is expected, were issued and flood sirens sounded in Walsd
0 Have your say A range of pet care products has been recalled by its manufacturer due to concerns that they may contain an element poisonous to cats. According to the Veterinary Medicines Directorate, Bio-Tech Solutions Ltd have recalled the following:
0 Have your say Calderdale is preparing for the big switch-on as the festive season arrives throughout the borough. A whole host of entertainment is planned in Halifax later this month when the town gets into the spirit of Christmas by turning on its ill
0 Have your say A flood alert has been issued for the River Calder. The alert, which means flooding is possible and people should be prepared, was issued for the River Calder Upper Catchment, from Todmorden to Brighouse, at 1.20pm today (Monday). An Envi
0 Have your say Heavy rain and strong winds are expected to batter Yorkshire for much of Monday afternoon and overnight. The Met Office has issued a “yellow warning” of rain from noon today until 6am on Tuesday, accompaied by strong northeasterly winds g
0 Have your say If you took part in this year’s Children In Need fundraiser - we want to hear about it! A record £46.6m was raised on Friday night, and if you were a part of that amazing effort, we’d love to feature your pictures in our coverage in the C
0 Have your say Another major retailer is to disappear from UK high streets, as struggling office stationery brand Staples has been offloaded by its American owner. The UK arm of US firm Staples – which employs around 1,100 staff across 106 stores in Bri
0 Have your say Thousands of pounds have been raised to support a rugby player who suffered a neck injury while playing. Dom Georgiou, who plays for Old Brodleians, sustained a fractured vertebrae in the Yorkshire One derby match against Heath RUFC on No
0 Have your say Students at Hipperholme Grammar School have taken part in a unique project designed to develop their photography skills and also help illustrate their school’s new prospectus. Pupils recently spent a day capturing their own photographs of
0 Have your say Morrisons has announced that supermarket customers will pay below £1-a-litre for petrol for the first time since the Brexit vote. The Bradford-based supermarket is reducing the price of unleaded to a maximum of 109.9 pence at its 333 fore
- 09:40 Nelson man got sucked in to repeat vacuum thefts, court hears
- 09:39 Iran's supreme court upholds tycoon's death sentence for graft
- 09:38 Quiz of the week’s news...
- 09:38 OFSTED ANNUAL REPORT: ‘Too many children not doing well enough in...
- 09:38 Weekend weather for South Cumbria
- 09:36 Old Dalby schoolchild Chloe’s fantastic fundraising efforts help...
- 09:35 Rip-off fears as Mastercard lets shoppers pay at till in...
- 09:35 Brexit has made Britons more interested in the economy - and...
- 09:35 What are trade agreements and why do we need them? Watch our...
- 09:34 Barrow residents to pay for 'green waste' collections
- 09:34 Weekend sexual health clinic in Barrow hospital closes after...
- 09:34 National headlines
- 09:34 Two seriously injured in A590 smash in Barrow
- 09:34 Traffic and travel news for Cumbria - Saturday December 3
- 09:32 India, Afghanistan plan air cargo link over Pakistan
- 09:31 Body of Long Eaton man James Nicholls pulled from sewage tank
- 09:30 Preferred candidate named in hunt for Lincolnshire’s new Chief...
- 09:29 Man killed in early-hours crash near Telford
- 09:29 Paul Pogba can be as good as Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and...
- 09:29 Reeves and Mortimer at Nottingham's Royal Concert Hall - review
- 09:25 Recognition for partnership tackling underage drinking
- 09:25 Morpeth woman jailed for involvement in murder
- 09:23 Hillsborough foes have traded places
- 09:23 Turkey hits back at EU over migrant deal collapse as it blasts 'you...
- 09:22 Unauthorised wearing of military medals could become a crime
- 09:21 China protests at Trump-Taiwan call
- 09:20 Concert violinist jailed for conning people out of £357,000 by...
- 09:20 Newcastle United duo set to miss Burton Albion trip after red cards...
- 09:16 Chinese mine disasters kill at least 38
- 09:15 Police forced to take mugshot with macaw who wouldn’t leave criminal