News from Brighouse Echo
A former chief photographer at the Halifax Evening Courier has died aged 81. David Antony Green, who was raised in the Warley Road area of Halifax and gave nearly 40 years’ service to this newspaper, died at his home in Corby Glen, Lincolnshire on March
AN air ambulance was called to the scene after four people were injured in a two-car crash in Holmfirth this afternoon. Paramedics and fire crews were called to the incidenAN air ambulance was called to the scene after four people were injured in a two-
Community groups in Brighouse are gearing up for the Tour de Yorkshire as it comes through the town for the first time. Incredible Edible Brighouse has begun preparations to get Brighouse ready to welcome the Tour de Yorkshire next month. The Tour de Yor
Temperatures could rival those of Tenerife this weekend as the cold snap gives way to warmer, sunnier weather across Yorkshire this weekend. Here is our weather package with news from the Met office and coverage from Sky News, The BBC and the Press Assoc
Here are the latest planning applications to appear before Calderdale Council. VALIDATED Management of trees (Pruning and Removal) (Tree Preservation Order): Land Adjacent To Rose Terrace And Rocks View, Halifax. Two detached dwellings (Reserved Matters
Everything that makes our city special was gloriously celebrated and showcased at the sixth annual Sights and Sounds of Ripon event on Saturday. With over 30 attractions and hundreds of visitors from across all age groups, Ripon’s community spirit was at
If you’re raising money for Red Nose Day we want to hear from you! Maybe you’re holding a cake sale, taking a bath in baked beans or simply wearing a funny red nose. Halifax-based touring theatre company Northern Broadsides marked Comic Relief by wearing
The JustGiving page set up this morning to support the family of the Metropolitan Police officer fatally stabbed in yesterday’s terror attack at Westminster has already raised more than £144,000 with donations continuing to flood in. The page, which was
It was the middle of the afternoon when Halifax mum Victoria Shackley was sent a text message that no parent would ever want to receive. There had been an “incident” at the Houses of Parliament where her 10-year-old son, James, was away on a school trip
Dozens of men have been charged with the sexual exploitation of teenage girls in a West Yorkshire town after police investigated historic allegations of abuse. The 29 men have been charged with a catalogue of offences including human trafficking, child a
Mosque leaders have condemned yesterday’s “vile” terror attack in London. Qari Asim, MBE, Imam of Leeds Makkah Mosque, said: “We must be clear that those who take innocent lives are not following the teachings of any religion and have no regard for any r
Clothing giant Primark has recalled a line of children’s clothing over safety fears. The Novelty Cat Legging, which was on sale in UK stores from November 8 2016 up to February 22 2017, was found to present a potential hazard during the company’s due-dil
Kids are literally getting wasted with Britain’s daftest drug craze - sniffing fumes from burning WHEELIE BINS, has been claimed. Youngsters are risking their lives by torching the plastic bins n a bid to get high on the fumes, a waste management company
Apple has launched its most affordable iPad ever, costing £339. The new iPad features a brighter 9.7-inch Retina display and an Apple-designed A9 chip has 64‑bit desktop-class architecture which delivers fast processing and graphics performance for apps
Over 1.1 million UK homeowners are sitting on the wrong mortgage deal and wasting over £2,500 every year according to latest research. The research from L&C Mortgages also discovered that 30 per cent or 3.4 million households do not know their...
- 19:37 LOTTO RESULTS: Winning National Lottery numbers for Saturday March...
- 19:36 Sylhet blasts kill four amid Bangladesh militant raid
- 19:35 Congo bloodbath as 42 cops beheaded after being ambushed by militias
- 19:35 Future of ferry remains all at sea
- 19:32 Last-gasp Sam Jones try puts RGC into WRU National Cup Final
- 19:31 FBI and NSA experts warn: US has to learn from UK and MUST counter...
- 19:30 Iran denies harassing U.S. warships in Gulf, warns of clashes
- 19:30 Manchester United tickets: A complete guide on how to attend the...
- 19:25 Ten arrested during Edinburgh fascist rally
- 19:21 Former Anfield favourite makes Philippe Coutinho prediction:...
- 19:21 Stockport County 2 Tamworth 1 : Former Lamb Lloyd haunts his old club
- 19:18 Death of Khyra Ishaq - recommendations from the Serious Case Review
- 19:15 Strictly Come Dancing comes to Burton as Russell Roof Tiles raise...
- 19:10 Grimsby Town striker Scott Vernon out for two weeks after head...
- 19:08 Eden Hazard informs friends he’s staying at Chelsea next season
- 19:08 Chelsea hold talks with Bundesliga club over striker transfer
- 19:07 Mark Robins faces nervous wait on Kwame Thomas and Jordan Willis...
- 19:06 Brilliant Town put dent in Banbury’s play-off hopes
- 19:06 Jockey Jacob seals winning double at Stratford
- 19:06 When do the clocks go forward in 2017?
- 19:06 The ECHO takes a look at the history of the EMR site following last...
- 19:06 Streets of hope: Granby's good news story keeps evolving
- 19:01 Chelsea's Dominic Solanke subject of interest from RB Leipzig as...
- 18:58 Last-gasp heartbreak for Gainsborough Trinity as Pilgrims and...
- 18:58 Lithuania boss Edgaras Jankauskas eyes England shock: 'Iceland...
- 18:57 Brigg Road closed after accident
- 18:52 How your bank balance could be better or worse off from April 1
- 18:52 Four police cars 'block off part of Anlaby Road' following crash
- 18:50 Woman jailed for dragging man down street with her car following...
- 18:48 Manchester United’s Marcus Rashford ready to anger Jose Mourinho by...