News from Brighouse Echo
0 Have your say furious campaigners have said “gloves are off” in a fight to save Huddersfield Royal Infirmary after NHS bosses green-lit a plan to downgrade its A&E unit. A meeting of Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) for Calderdale and...
0 Have your say Head outside one evening this weekend and you may well see the annual Orionids meteor shower in Britain’s skies. Gaze upwards and – if the weather remains clear – you’ll be treated to up to 25 shooting stars an hour as the Earth intersect
A paedophile who travelled 170 miles from Halifax to Luton expecting to meet a 13-year-old girl for sex was jailed yesterday (Thursday) for two years and eight months. John Hanson, 55, had booked a hotel for sex with the underage girl who he believed was
0 Have your say Recaro Child Safety is offering a product replacement programme for its Recaro fix base, which can be used with the Optia child seat as well as the Privia infant carrier. The company has found that the hooks which connect the Recoro base
0 Have your say VALIDATED Prune three trees (Tree Preservation Order): Land Opposite Laurel Terrace, Stainland. Detached dwelling: Land Adjacent Heald Wall, Nook Cottage, Scammonden Road, Barkisland. Use of barn as part of house (Lawful Development Certi
0 Have your say With the spooky season fast approaching we want to see how you are celebrating. From magical witches and wizards to scary vampires and monsters we want to see your fancy dress efforts and pumpkin carving successes this Halloween. Send you
0 Have your say The earliest was printed by the king of town guide books, Edward J.Burrows, just before the First World War and was the publishers 291st in his ‘Borough’ guides series. This interesting little red booklet was sold from EBLittlewood’s shop
0 Have your say Health bosses have approved controversial plans to centralise hospital services in Halifax and Huddersfield. To shouts of “shame” from campaigners, a meeting of Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) for Calderdale and Greater Huddersfield
0 Have your say Final preparations are being made for the grand reopening of one of Halifax’s most iconic nightlife spots. The former Maine Street and Liquid club on Commercial Street, which recently closed its doors for a half a million pound revamp, wi
0 Have your say As the nights draw darker and the leaves turn golden we want to see your autumnal pictures. From scenic autumn woodland to squirrels preparing for winter, we want to see how Calderdale is changing this season. Send your snaps to newsdesk@
0 Have your say Royal Mail has today announced the launch of 10 special stamps to celebrate the Mr Men Little Miss series of books - created by Cleckheaton born and former Sowerby Bridge Grammar pupil, Roger Hargreaves. Launched 45 years ago, the idea fo
0 Have your say Fire chiefs in West Yorkshire have pledged to spend more than £200,000 on improving safety equipment and training for firefighters following the devastating floods last winter. West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Authority carried out a detail
0 Have your say Three quarters of parents are worried that using phones, tablets and games consoles is affecting their children’s performance at school. A new study looking at the impact of mobile devices on the lives of youngsters found that 75 per cent
0 Have your say The UK’s biggest builders merchant, Travis Perkins, whose businesses include DIY chain Wickes, is closing 30 branches, putting 600 jobs at risk. The branches will be shut across its trade businesses, while it is also closing 10 smaller di
0 Have your say Millers Oils have recently invested in two new Renault trucks to boost their operations team. The Renault T 380 LONG HAUL – EURO 6 will provide the firm’s hauliers with a comfortable mode of transport, as they feature air suspended seats,
- 00:53 Microsoft to increase UK prices of enterprise products, citing...
- 00:52 Gerard Butler, Venus Williams and Gordon Ramsey watch Lewis...
- 00:49 Scottish teachers begin strike action over workloads
- 00:47 Indyref2 is 'waste of time' until Scottish Government tackles...
- 00:46 Is vinegar the next SUPERFOOD? Grain and fruit varieties 'have good...
- 00:46 Dalbeattie Tennis Club hosts 2016 end of season awards evening
- 00:45 Monday interview: Brett Simpson, chief executive of Low & Bonar
- 00:45 Edinburgh’s office take-up shrugs off Brexit uncertainty
- 00:45 Call to help Dundee’s Waterfront progress
- 00:44 Doctors name treatments that bring little or no benefit
- 00:42 The media boss who swapped winning Oscars for kids TV
- 00:42 For AT&T, Time Warner was always on the menu
- 00:41 Ian Rankin: ‘I can’t imagine killing off Rebus’
- 00:41 Classical music review: St Andrews Voices, St Andrews
- 00:41 Heading footballs 'affects memory'
- 00:37 Manchester United legend Phil Neville blasts Paul Pogba and Ander...
- 00:37 'I can't wait for wedding I never had': Transgender Justine on...
- 00:37 Better bus services 'cut social deprivation'
- 00:35 Trainers and decorative flamingos kick CD racks off shopping lists
- 00:35 ‘Tornado’ image of starlings wins coveted photography competition
- 00:33 Modi sees election danger in India's 'Dalit Queen'
- 00:33 Top assist providers in Premier League history: Which Man Utd great...
- 00:29 What next after the Jungle?
- 00:28 AI predicts outcome of human rights cases
- 00:24 Scents of villainy, from Eden to an odiferous ancient Rome
- 00:24 ‘Neither independent nor impartial’
- 00:24 The tallest tree in the forest
- 00:24 Cricket: Broad awaits thrilling finale in Bangladesh
- 00:24 City top league after tough test against Southampton
- 00:24 Jose humiliated in return south