News from Bridlington Free Press
Residents of a Yorkshire coastal town could face another night without heating. Northern Gas Networks confirmed that there was no guarantee Withernsea's gas supply would be restored before Monday after water entered the pipeline on Saturday evening. The
The RSPB is looking for people in Yorkshire with a passion for wildlife to join its 2017 volunteer internship programme. The Volunteer Visitor Experience Internship provides the chance for anyone wanting to gain experience in a visitor-related job in con
Following a quiet few days as the trade slowly returned to work last week, normality appears to have resumed this week and the value of old crop UK feed wheat appears to be on the rise. Old crop feed wheat for spot collection is currently trading in the
Fraud and cybercrime experts are warning the public to be on their guard, following reports of social media platforms are being used to attract members of the public to donate money to animal welfare charities overseas that do not exist. The National Fra
The East coast woke up to a carpeting of snow this morning as an Arctic blast swept the country. Here, we showcase some of your photographic efforts in our snow-themed slideshow.
Residents of Yorkshire's coastal towns are being warned to stay on alert for flooding later today. Although the expected surge from this morning's high tide did not occur, the Environment Agency has warned there is the possibility of tidal flooding at 4p
Friday the 13th was unlucky if you are not a fan of the winter weather, as Bridlington woke up to a covering of snow. After a dusting overnight, a heavier flurry fell from 7am, leading to attractive scenes across the area, but difficult driving condition
East Riding of Yorkshire Council has operational teams to Bridlington ahead of this afternoon’s high tide. Staff, vehicles and equipment, including sandbags and pumps, have been deployed to the harbour area, with further resources on standby at the counc
Safety charity TyreSafe is urging motorists across East Yorkshire to ensure their tyres are suitable for the adverse driving conditions. The last time Britain experienced heavy snowfalls and record low temperatures was the winter of 2010/2011 – and long
Headlands School has launched its very own window on the world of work thanks to a grant from the Bridlington Renaissance Partnership. Students can use new touch-screen technology at the school to find out more about career pathways, local opportunities
A flood alert has been issued for Bridlington seafront over the next 24 hours. The Environment Agency has said: “Strong northerly winds may result in wave action and windblown spray during this period, with large waves possible increasing towards peak sp
The search is on for a new headteacher at Bridlington School, after Sarah Pashley announced she is moving on. She is leaving to become principal at Ron Dearing UTC in Hull, a brand new school which is sponsored by high-profile businesses and will special
It will be Hogwarts hour at Bridlington’s two libraries next month. Both are holding Harry Potter Book Night events on Thursday, February 2, with sessions featuring activities, readings and games exploring the adventures of the young sorcerer. The sessio
It seems many things which terrify me begin with a ‘d’. Dentists, driving, death...and you can add diabetes to that list after I met Keren Miller, who works as a diabetes specialist dietician. Following on from Harry the Health Trainers’ revelation that
Public Health England (PHE) are urging all new university students to get vaccinated against deadly meningococcal disease. The appeal comes after the latest PHE figures showed that less than a third (29.5%) of all young people leaving school last summer
- 10:52 We fully deserved a point, says Town boss Adams
- 10:52 Elbow to play Sherwood Forest
- 10:51 'The days of someone handing over £250k are long gone': How do you...
- 10:51 The shares to watch in 2017: From an unloved clothing giant, to a...
- 10:51 Police get extension in Gomersal murder investigation
- 10:51 Couple caught having sex in Burger King toilets
- 10:51 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:51 Newspaper trolls Donald Trump with brilliant TV listing
- 10:51 Shooting takes place outside primary school as children are...
- 10:51 Bus fire in Mablethorpe
- 10:51 ‘Tour of the Wolds’ will bring thousands to Louth
- 10:50 What do your colour choices say about YOUR personality? Clever test...
- 10:50 UFO hunter demands a 'scientific inquiry' into police footage of a...
- 10:50 Drink-driver crashed into car with baby
- 10:50 Police investigate shooting near Glasgow primary school
- 10:49 Pets suffer ‘Blue Monday’ today too ... or do they?
- 10:50 Leeds trolleybus inquiry hears of “lessons learned” and how past...
- 10:49 Burglars smash into Sheffield community building and steal charity...
- 10:49 West Brom and Liverpool call on Fifa to help fight Cameroon battle
- 10:49 Go-getting South Yorkshire grandad hands over £30,000 to special...
- 10:49 Aston Villa and Jordan Rhodes: Latest on Middlesbrough striker's...
- 10:49 Independent Sheffield girls school rated 'inadequate' by inspectors
- 10:49 Championship gossip: Former Wolves and Aston Villa striker Robbie...
- 10:49 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:49 Seven ways to cut your tax bill and save you hundreds of pounds
- 10:49 Manchester clubs were supposed to do battle for the Premier League...
- 10:49 Birmingham City trial Stourbridge defender Dan Scarr
- 10:49 Tunisia massacre: Inquest into Sousse beach tragedy to start today
- 10:49 A self-supporting city street
- 10:48 Lance Stroll must NOT copy this current F1 driver, claims Jacques...