News from Bourne Local
Lincolnshire Police has entered into a partnership with the national organisation DogLost UK so they can work together in the event of a lost/found or stolen dog in the county. The force control room now has new procedures in place to advise owners what
How to French plait, who Barbie’s boyfriend is and all the words to Olly Murs’ ‘Troublemaker’ are just some of the things only Dads of Daughters will know, according to a new survey. A study of 500 dads with daughters under the age of 18 has revealed the
Sunday night’s new BBC prime time drama Apple Tree Yard has given a massive boost to the first ever Deepings Literary Festival in April. Its author Louise Doughty is part of a stellar three-day programme of literary fiction and non fiction, storytellers
Both the Stamford Food and Drink Festival and Stamford Music Festival will return to the town’s Meadows this summer – following their successful debuts in 2016. Paul Kennedy, director of Market Square Group which organises the events, said he was delight
Generous Central England Co-operative customers have raised over £200,000 to support two good causes by donating unwanted clothing. Figures have revealed that 1,413 tonnes of clothing have been left at collection points at over 100 food stores across 16
A man was caught with thousands of pounds worth of ecstasy as he left an illegal rave at Twyford Woods, Lincoln Crown Court was told. Steven Kelly hid the drugs in his underpants but was stopped and searched as he left the site. Hal Ewing, prosecuting, t
The leader of Lincolnshire County Council has called for a poll of people living in the county to gauge their opinions on a unitary authority. Residents will be asked for their views on abolishing all eight councils in Lincolnshire and adopting a unitary
Most workers believe that performance reviews are a waste of time, a new study has found. Around two-thirds of employees, and managers, said that formal reviews were time-consuming and outdated, in a survey by software firm Adobe - who themselves have ab
Lives, a Lincolnshire based charity attending 999 medical emergencies, experienced their busiest year on record in 2016 by responding to more than 20,000 emergency calls. This is an increase of more than 2,000 on the previous year and a testament to the
A free Alzheimer’s Society course to help people caring for someone with dementia is coming to Stamford in March. The Carers Information and Support Programme offers the chance to learn more about the condition and how it affects the individual. There ar
One in 13 people have Type 2 diabetes, new figures have revealed. Latest statistics compiled by NHS Digital show the number of people in Lincolnshire rose from 38,686 in March 2011 to 48,413 in March 2016 which is an increase of 25.1 per cent in five yea
Year 2 children at Bourne Westfield Primary Academy thoroughly enjoyed an exciting visit from ‘History off the Page’. Children were transported back to 1,300BC, taking on the role of Ancient Egyptians. During the morning, the children became ‘craftspeopl
A charity dinner and auction is being held in memory of a Stamford man who died suddenly just a few months after his 50th birthday. Richard Marsh suffered a massive heart attack after stopping for petrol on his way home from work in June 2015. Although h
A 24-hour squash marathon is being held to raise funds for a mother-of-two who has been confined to a wheelchair after suffering a brain aneurysm. Organised by Stamford Squash Club, it is hoped the event will raise £10,000 for Petra Landeweerd, 44 – who
An ambitious proposal to install a new pedestrian footbridge over the River Welland could become a reality later this year. The project – which would create a new link between Deeping St James on the Lincolnshire side of the river and land between Peakir
- 15:28 This is what the Brexit Supreme Court decision actually means
- 15:28 Anglesey paedophile jailed again after being caught in young girl's...
- 15:28 Harborough travel firm to ‘double in size’
- 15:27 Massachusetts mattress conceals $20m in cash
- 15:27 Aston Villa: This is how soon top scorer Jonathan Kodjia could be back
- 15:27 Liam Payne narrowly avoids GUNMAN at Hollywood nightclub shooting
- 15:27 Birmingham Moseley decision throws up some difficult questions
- 15:25 Ethical hackers head to Dundee for Securi-Tay
- 15:25 Flying visit to Banbury for famous steam engine
- 15:25 Twitter backlash as Trump signs anti-abortion law in one of first...
- 15:25 Fresh Tube strikes to hit London from tomorrow
- 15:25 Man with world’s biggest penis – 19 inches – could be appearing in...
- 15:25 Chelsea eyeing Diego Lopez and Tim Krul as Asmir Begovic nears...
- 15:24 'I heard them scream that they were on fire': Flight director who...
- 15:24 Did an earthquake in Nepal knock an inch off Everest? Doubts over...
- 15:24 Driving standing up conviction for tall Newcastle man
- 15:24 Peta calls for Scotland’s last elephant to be moved to sanctuary
- 15:22 Woman beaten and robbed after dropping children off at school
- 15:22 Government loses Supreme Court Brexit battle
- 15:22 Burton Albion transfer news: Nigel Clough waiting on two loan...
- 15:22 Mohamed Elneny wants to become a legend at Arsenal like Thierry Henry
- 15:22 Dancer celebrates her 100th birthday
- 15:22 John Brayford won't rely on luck as Burton Albion look to turn...
- 15:21 Melton variety night show raises over £900 for Rainbows
- 15:20 Troll says he’s ‘glad’ former Man City ballboy, 19, died from cancer
- 15:19 We don’t want to alarm anyone, but they’ve invented a bacon toaster
- 15:19 This young couple saved up to travel the world by giving up their...
- 15:19 Asda go the extra mile with 10k support
- 15:19 Well known jeweller was a real gem of a lady
- 15:19 Top shots from the Masters by snooker’s finest