News from Bourne Local
Police across South Holland and the Deepings have one less vehicle to worry about in their fight against illegal hare coursing. A Honda CR-V, seized by police in Deeping St James last September when exactly 100 reports of hare coursing were received by L
Burghley House Preservation Trust has been handed a fine of more than a quarter of a million pounds following the death of an employee. The trust, which runs Burghley House on the edge of Stamford, was today (February 27) handed a fine of £266,000 by Jud
SKDC is encouraging anyone not yet registered to vote to go online and register if they want to have their say in the local elections in May. Thursday, May 4 is polling day for the Lincolnshire County Council elections but local people have until Thursda
Bourne Police have issued an appeal for information after suspicious men were seen looking at caravans parked on people’s driveways in the town. The men were using a white Peugeot van with the registration starting NX12. Anyone with information should ca
More than 100 professors and lecturers from universities all over the country descended on the tiny village of Rippingale to hear about the origins of the radio drama Archers. The academics were attending a two-day conference at Lincoln University, resea
Police are warning people about scam telephone calls from fraudsters posing as BT Openreach and asking customers about low internet speeds. The receiver of the call became suspicious and ended the conversation immediately before reporting it to Action Fr
The Woodland Trust is offering free tree packs to people to help combat the threat of disease. The Woodland Trust, based in Grantham, is urging people in Lincolnshire to help protect the countryside from the increasing effects of ash dieback and other tr
A celebration was held to mark 30 years of successful trading in Stamford for stationery retailer Colemans. The firm, which has an art shop on the High Street and a stationery shop just metres away in St Paul’s Street, handed out glasses of prosecco and
A father delivered his baby son on Tuesday when his wife suddenly went into labour. Andrew Gunnett was at home with his wife, Carla, when she went into labour at 11.30pm on Monday. He called a midwife who had to travel from Sleaford. By the time she reac
Lincolnshire County Council is gearing up for the latest round in its battle against potholes. The council is currently finalising its pothole patching programme for 2017/18, with the initial locations set to be tackled in April in Holbeach and Grantham.
Police have released images of a number of men they would like to speak to in relation to a series of thefts from supermarkets over the last month. Officers are appealing for public assistance after the thefts in Bourne, Market Deeping and Stamford. Larg
Boredom in Britain is at an all-time low - thanks to our our SMARTPHONES. A survey of 2,000 Brits over 35 found that eight in 10 are rarely or never bored, because with their phone nearby there’s always something to do. Twenty per cent say they are “neve
Two culprits of graffiti in Bourne have been caught by police and made to clean it up. A third vandal was was sent to court. A police spokesman said: “Graffiti won’t be tolerated.”
A new £30,000 machine to help patients with eye problems has been installed at Stamford Hospital. The Friends of Stamford Hospital donated the cash for the IOL (intra-ocular lens)Master machine for the opthalmology department at the hospital in Ryhall Ro
Tesco in the High Street, Stamford, reopened on Wednesday as a Tesco Express store. The store has been closed for just over a month while work was carried out to resize the store but the shop proved busy during its reopening when staff were giving out ba
- 10:12 Tributes paid following death of county councillor
- 10:12 Residents urged to join in with Great British Spring Clean
- 10:12 PEAK RESORT: Building work starts on £400million attraction
- 10:12 Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta urges Luis Enrique to stay at...
- 10:10 Warwick man who was saved by donor set to compete in World...
- 10:09 France - Reasons to be bullish despite election stress
- 10:09 'Harder, faster, louder': how drone-pilot drama Grounded shook the...
- 10:09 VIDEO: "I don't regret it:" Local professional boxer who served 21...
- 10:09 Hartlepool boy remains in a critical condition today
- 10:09 Traffic lights causing chaos in Bramley Vale
- 10:09 Fraudsters may have targeted elderly man in Chesterfield
- 10:09 New club is launched to help those with dementia
- 10:09 Colleagues to host charity football match in memory of Peter
- 10:09 Kedleston Road bus crash outside University of Derby - ambulance...
- 10:08 Cesc Fabregas wants to stay at Chelsea to continue education under...
- 10:08 Lancashire women to make history
- 10:08 For the love of God stop celebrating Pancake Day with the...
- 10:08 Barcelona ace opens up on managerial uncertainty: This is what the...
- 10:08 Fraudsters may have targeted elderly man in Chesterfield
- 10:08 Mardi Gras day 2017: What is Mardi Gras and how is it celebrated?
- 10:08 Firefighters called to arson attack in Sheffield playground
- 10:07 Half-term success for Leamington players across the Midlands area
- 10:07 Southam United boss issues apology after Stafford thrashing
- 10:07 White kids in deprived areas ‘up to 75 times more likely’ to be in...
- 10:07 WIN! Cirque du Soleil tickets
- 10:07 Two-wheeled heroes call for volunteers
- 10:07 Fraudsters may have targeted elderly man in Chesterfield
- 10:07 Who joins Harry Kane and Cesc Fabregas in the Premier League team...
- 10:07 New Mills pupils’ artwork helps to spread the word
- 10:07 Roy Keane backs Man United to make shock move for Prem star