News from Boston Standard
A Lincolnshire mum has said her eight-year-old son may not have survived his ordeal if it was played out again under NHS proposals to reduce the number of hospitals in the country delivering surgery on heart defects from birth in children and adults. Zen
Motorists are being warned to expect delays this weekend as almost nine million vehicles embark on the start of the summer getaway. The RAC predicted that a total of 37 million leisure trips will be made over the first two weeks of the school holidays. S
Pilgrim Hospital has recruited two trainee orthopaedic acute care practitioners in an aim to ‘help with the shortage of junior doctors in the area’. Emma Beck and Manu Mathew have now taken up their posts and will be developing their clinical skills, pre
The NSPCC has referred an increasing number of cases to the police and children’s services in Lincolnshire after receiving calls and emails from members of the public worried about children left home alone. As the long school summer break approaches, the
Lincolnshire Police is to train more officers to use Tasers. The force has taken the decision stating that it already has a large number of officers trained and this month further officers are being trained to keep communities and themselves safe while r
Boston Library has set an animal reading challenge for children during the school summer holidays. Youngsters are encouraged to sign up at the launch of the initiative from 9am on Saturday. Aimed as readers aged five-11 years, the challenge is to read si
The CallConnect bus service is offering bargain-priced travel every Monday in August. Passengers can travel ‘one-way for £1’ on pre-booked services throughout Lincolnshire from Monday August 7. Councillor Richard Davies, Executive Member for Highways and
Just as we’ve stopped trying to rip apart the new indestructible £5 notes, the new £10 note will be revealed by Bank of England governor Mark Carney at Winchester Cathedral later today. It will feature a portrait of Jane Austen, with the note being launc
Louth Market Auctioneers have ‘reaffirmed their legal position and committed and confirmed their commitment’ to the future of a cattle market in Louth. The group - which is a partnership of Willsons (Chartered Surveyors of Alford) and Masons (Charted Sur
Organisers of a nature reserve near Boston are flying high after receiving a review websites accolades for the fourth year in a row. RSPB Frampton Marsh has again been given TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence, which is awarded by the independent rev
Discount clothes retail giant Primark has recalled pairs of flip-flop over fears they contain a chemical linked to cancer. Three pairs of flip flops sold in the store for almost six months this year have been recalled by the clothes store. A Primark spok
Boston groom who was left paralysed on his stag-do makes miracle recovery to say his vows standing up
A Boston groom left paralysed in a freak accident on his stag-do has defied the odds to say his vows standing up. James Thorpe, 29, nearly died and was told he’d never walk again after suffering a crippling spinal injury when he slipped over in the sea.
Met Office issues severe weather warning for ‘intense rain and scattered thunderstorms’ in Lincolnshire
The Met Office has today issued a yellow weather warning for intense rain and scattered thunderstorms across our county this week. A met office forecaster said: “Scattered thunderstorms with locally intense downpours will continue to move north across En
A man who escaped from custody at Boston Police Station in handcuffs last week has been recaptured by police. The 25-year-old Lithuanian man, Aurimas Butkys, who fled on Wednesday July 12, was detained by officers in Kent at around 4pm on Sunday July 16.
A series of fun family walks are being launched in the Boston area to help residents discover nature on their doorstep and explore unseen areas of the town Active Lincolnshire has created 10 walks which people can follow using a smartphone app called iFo
- 01:43 PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: Trouble outside of paradise? Love Island's...
- 01:43 Alba the explorer! Pregnant Jessica enjoys the great outdoors with...
- 01:43 'I'm trying to work through certain issues': Zayn Malik addresses...
- 01:43 'No one cares how many squats you do!' MIC's Sam Thompson...
- 01:27 PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: Kerry Ka-toned up! Mum-of-five flashes...
- 01:27 Heidi Klum, 44, flaunts her svelte figure in striking black gown...
- 01:27 Fun in the city! Bella Hadid goes braless in white crop top and...
- 01:27 Love Island's Jess Shears goes for pyjama-chic while cosying up to...
- 01:15 Snooker player Joe Perry fined £2,500 and handed suspended...
- 01:15 British teenager Lando Norris to test drive with McLaren in Hungary
- 01:00 Celtic facing race against time to have striker Leigh Griffiths fit...
- 00:59 Facebook calls for a more people-centric security industry
- 00:57 Brexit EU migration study launched by Amber Rudd
- 00:56 Talking transfer records? Neymar embraces Paul Pogba after agreeing...
- 00:56 Xbox One X: First impressions, pre-orders and release
- 00:52 Mental health crisis services in England 'under pressure'
- 00:52 EastEnders spoilers: Whitney Carter still wants Mick as she returns...
- 00:47 Car production falls almost 14% as UK sales dip
- 00:45 Man Booker Prize: Arundhati Roy comeback novel on longlist
- 00:45 Sugar tax 'must not be used to plug school budgets'
- 00:45 Prince William starts last day as air ambulance pilot
- 00:43 Ashley Fletcher set for £6.5m move to Middlesbrough after...
- 00:41 Why did Justin Bieber cut his Purpose tour short?
- 00:41 Everton target Gylfi Sigurdsson returns to Swansea first-team...
- 00:40 The businesses capitalising on 24-hour sunlight
- 00:39 US: Senate votes narrowly to start Obamacare debate
- 00:39 World leaders slam Russian sanctions
- 00:39 Hard-pressed Tories won’t ditch spycop
- 00:39 Underpaid care workers face long wait for wages
- 00:39 Court Scraps Tax on Justice at Work