News from Blackpool Gazette
Motorists could be at risk of skidding on more than a quarter of England's A road network, official figures show. Some 26% of highways need "further investigation" because of fears they have an inadequate skid resistance when drivers brake,...
When Emily Baldwin arrived at church for her grand wedding entrance, the doors wouldn’t open and she found herself locked outside! But all ended well when the entrance finally opened for Emily to walk down the aisle to her husband-to-be Josh Hocking. The
Fleetwood midfielder George Glendon, who has been charged with rape, has not been suspended and will still be in contention for the club in Saturday’s game at Bury. Glendon, who turned a loan spell from Manchester City into a permanent deal in January, a
This year The Blues Band celebrates its 38th year together and what better way to celebrate than a tour. This year The Blues Band celebrates its 38th year together and what better way to celebrate than a tour. Fleetwood’s Marine Hall is on the circuit, w
There are still places available for Mother’s Day activities at the park. There are still places available for Mother’s Day activities at the park. Friends of Fleetwood memorial Park are hosting one of their Crafty Afty workshop events on Saturday. Theme
Totally Tina is Simply The Best! Totally Tina is Simply The Best! And there are still tickets available for this Saturday’s show at the Marine Hall. Bigger and better with even more Totally Tina custom twists, new songs and routines, including fire perfo
Fleetwood’s Play Inclusion Project has received a welcome boost to deliver a scheme for young people with additional needs and disabilities. The £5,000 donation was provided by the Santander Foundation, which offers Discovery Grants to UK registered char
A woman has been sexually assaulted in a Blackpool alleyway Police were called to the alley, off Redcar Road, in North Shore, at around 7.25am today. A 43-year-old woman reported she had been attacked by a man who had made off from the scene The victim,
When the MAFIA arrive in town it’s not usually a cause for celebration. But when MAFIA is an acronym for Mereside And Friends In Action, something good is sure to follow. The community group formed just four months ago and has already raised tens of thou
Students at Blackpool Sixth Form are the latest to take part in a pilot project to train young people in cutting-edge digital skills. Digital Advantage aims to fuel growth in the county’s multi-million pound creative economy by tackling the digital skill
Mystery surrounds a secret meeting about the future of the Knott End to Fleetwood ferry. Wyre Council’s cabinet is likely to go into private session to discuss the troubled ferry service which is due to start sailing under a new contract and new funding
This month sees Virgin Trains celebrate 20 years on the track. March 9 2017 marked the 20th anniversary of the iconic train brand. Since its maiden voyage in 1997 when the Spice Girls were number one, the trains have travelled more than 334,500,000 miles
More than 2,000 delegates are expected and 160 exhibitors booked to take part in the Lancashire Business Expo on Friday. Ian Coupe, from the Shout Network, the organisers of the Lancashire Business Expo, said: “We’re overwhelmed with the response we’ve h
The leader of Blackpool Council has moved to reassure residents after yesterday's terrorist attack in London, which left four people dead. Coun Simon Blackburn, who chairs the Safer, Stronger Communities group for the Local Government Association, said:
Ben Wallace, the MP for Wyre and Preston North, was among those attending an emergency COBRA meeting in London last night. The cross-departmental meeting was chaired by Prime Minister Theresa May after four people were killed and scores more injured, som
- 18:07 Lisa Riley unveils incredible new body following corrective surgery...
- 18:07 Court In Brief: Making threatening phone calls, smashing hospital...
- 18:06 Snapped: England stars step it up in training after last night's...
- 18:06 Drivers 'at risk of skidding' on a quarter of A roads in England
- 18:05 Everton FC to consult fans on design and capacity of new stadium
- 18:05 What next for Everton FC's famous Goodison Park?
- 18:05 Sheffield man accused of sexually assaulting vulnerable women says...
- 18:05 Trafalgar Square vigil held to remember London terror attack victims
- 18:04 Seven arrested in raids carried out in aftermath of Westminster attack
- 18:04 Heroin users warned over 'harmful drugs' after sixth death
- 18:03 Liverpool hero Robbie Fowler recalls surreal trip where he ended up...
- 18:03 St Etienne fined £43,000 after fans set off a firework and throw...
- 18:03 Jamie O'Hara joins non-league club Billericay Town... all thanks to...
- 18:02 Arsenal legend Ian Wright reminds Lukas Podolski of Gunners’ history
- 18:02 Uefa dish out fine after Manchester United v St Etienne crowd trouble
- 17:59 Reader offer: WIN £100 to spend at Edinburgh Woollen Mill and...
- 17:59 Red Nose Day 2017: Are you doing something funny for money?
- 17:58 EastEnders star Danny-Boy Hatchard offers to drive to meet...
- 17:57 NatWest bank announces branch closures across Derbyshire
- 17:56 Parents can apply for the £2,000 Tax-Free Childcare Scheme NOW
- 17:56 These are the new UK laws set to come into effect in April 2017
- 17:57 Laurent Koscielny: This Chelsea star is the best in the Premier League
- 17:56 SIX ways the law on smoking and cigarettes is set to change
- 17:56 This is how common weekly bin collections are near Birmingham
- 17:56 Birmingham City keep or sell: Which players could Gianfranco Zola...
- 17:56 West Brom keep or sell: Which players should Tony Pulis let go of...
- 17:56 London terror attacks: MP Jess Phillips' first-hand account of fear...
- 17:56 Harrogate District to see £670,000 for businesses which lost out in...
- 17:56 Red Nose Day 2017: Are you doing something funny for money?
- 17:55 Red Nose Day 2017: Are you doing something funny for money?