News from Blackpool Gazette
Traffic is slow on the M55 eastbound after a crash between two cars. Lancs Road Police tweeted the incident was at junction three near Greenhalgh at around 6pm. More details as we get them.
The benefits of an aspirin a day really do outweigh the risks, according to new research. Although regular use of the drug increases the risk of stomach bleeds by about a half, there is no valid evidence these are fatal, say scientists. But a daily pill
Have you ever been wobbling uncontrollably in a half-formed downward dog, or soaked with sweat in a spin class and thought to yourself, ‘this would be so much better if I was naked?’ No, me neither. But a surprising number of people seemingly have – and
A man has been taken to hospital following a collision involving a van in Blackpool. The incident happened at around 12.40pm in Talbot Road, close to the junction with Buchanan Street. Police said a pedestrian had been in a collision with a van. He has b
A £15.6m cutting-edge training academy is set to make Lancashire the UK centre for producing the aircraft makers of the future. A £15.6m cutting-edge training academy is set to make Lancashire the UK centre for producing the aircraft makers of the future
The Federation of Small Businesses is encouraging everyone to back their local small businesses this festive season, as we approach Small Business Saturday this weekend. Now in its fourth year, the 2016 campaign theme is Small Business, Big Difference. T
A Blackpool producer of consumer beauty and healthcare products is celebrating its 20th anniversary with a double awards win. Darwin Court-based Healthpoint produces an extensive range of health and beauty products under various Healthpoint brands, along
‘Blackpool needs to come together’. That was the message as a charity single recorded by resort youngsters was released this morning. Music lovers in the town have been asked to download A Christmas Miracle from iTunes, Amazon, or Google Play, today – to
Both the police and Blackpool Football Club say they have yet to be contacted over claims of sexual abuse involving one of its former players and a coach linked with the club. The claims, published in the national press, accused the former coach of groom
A range of pet food has been recalled by its manufacturer following the discovery that the product contains salmonella. Natures Menu is recalling its ‘Country Hunter 80% Farm Reared Turkey with Wholesome Fruit and Veg’ frozen pet food, as it has been to
Actor Andrew Sachs,best known for his portrayal of Manuel in the 1970s sitcom Fawlty Towers, has died aged 86. Although he took on many other roles in a varied career, including, recently, parts in Coronation Street, and alongside Maggie Smith and Billy
Blackpool North and Cleveleys MP Paul Maynard is set to move his Blackpool office from Queen Street to the Blackpool Technology Management Centre on Faraday Way in Bispham from December 13. He said: “I will be sorry to say goodbye to our home of the last
More than half of children in Blackpool are not getting the education they deserve, damning new figures reveal. A report by school inspectors Ofsted shows only 42 per cent of youngsters in the town attend a good or outstanding-rated secondary school. For
TalkTalk has said it has been affected by the same cyber attack that left Post Office broadband customers without an internet connection. The attack used a piece of malware known as the Mirai worm, which is spread via compromised computers and works by t
A businessman who paid to watch a school girl in the Philippines being abused from the comfort of his own home has been jailed for 32 months. Garry Wynn, who ran an IT firm which had contracts with central Government agencies, was arrested after child ex
- 00:24 Customer makes complaint at Clarks - and ends up getting married
- 00:24 Reminisce about the great (and not-so-great) Lincoln City players...
- 00:20 Wearside care home still in special measures after again being...
- 00:16 This weekend’s local league matches....
- 00:12 Golden day for Berwick fighters with eight European BJJ titles
- 00:07 GTR’s injunction bid living in wonderland
- 00:07 Fishing expedition without a catch
- 00:07 Direction an antidote to medical melodramatics
- 00:07 All together now for Corbyn
- 00:07 IOC demands Tokyo reduce Games costs
- 00:07 Ronaldinho wants to support Chapecoense’s rebuild
- 00:08 Hello there! Chimps can recognise friends with a single glance at...
- 00:07 Formula One: Rosberg calls it quits: ‘I am done’
- 00:08 Iron Man suits, X ray detectors and a fake Facebook and Twitter for...
- 00:07 The Cuban people still need our solidarity
- 00:08 Stackable soccer pitches could bring sport into the city: Radical...
- 00:07 Accessibility for all shouldn’t be this hard
- 00:08 The 'Netflix AI' set to hunt for aliens: Machine learning algorithm...
- 00:07 Labour cannot win the next election with a Ukip agenda
- 00:08 Former Liverpool striker opens up: My warning for Anfield ace Ben...
- 00:08 Watch the world's biggest cities evolve: Google's timelapse reveals...
- 00:07 Do not mourn – organise
- 00:07 Hasta la victoria siempre
- 00:07 United States: Trump promises ‘peace’
- 00:07 Indonesia: 10 arrested for ‘plotting to turn protest to coup’
- 00:07 Labour to cut fares with nationalisation
- 00:07 Tory toff claims he ‘knows what it’s like to be poor’
- 00:07 Lack of clarity on sanctions ‘leads to postcode lottery’
- 00:06 Lib Dems claim Richmond shock is sign of turning tide on Brexit
- 00:04 Money transfer firm WorldRemit eyes new markets, growth