News from Blackpool Gazette
New homes look set to be built in the rear garden of a house in Marton. Blackpool Council has approved an application for the development at the rear of 170 Preston New Road. The scheme will see six houses and two bungalows built, following the demolitio
Blackpool hoteliers Christine Hepburn and Darren Southgate were surrounded by their family and friends when they tied the knot at the Imperial Hotel. Blackpool hoteliers Christine Hepburn and Darren Southgate were surrounded by their family and friends w
Police have blamed out-of-town protesters for an incident that has seen more than 100 people try to make their way on to the Preston New Road fracking site. The road was closed on Saturday afternoon to allow for a 'significant police response' to deal wi
It’s a story that has been told many times before, but the airing of a new TV series has seen it resurface: Hitler loved Blackpool so much he spared it from the wrath of the Luftwaffe and planned to turn it into his own personal holiday destination. But
Passengers flying to and from Blackpool today have been told their flights have been cancelled. The only commercial service flying into Blackpool Airport has been hit by another day of disruption after Citywing today announced its flights between Blackpo
Charity bakers can breathe a sigh of relief after it was confirmed they will not be charged for kitchen inspections. Concerns were raised when The Food Standards Agency told The Gazette charges of up to £300 for home bakers were among a raft of options b
Blackpool in the 1950s was as exciting as Hollywood – or as exciting as we thought it was in Hollywood. In summer, the resort was packed with stars and dancers. You could hardly miss them. They were in the Savoy Cafe having coffee. They were in RHO Hills
A former Blackpool supermarket looks set to be demolished in coming months. Proposals have been submitted to Blackpool Council seeking approval to bulldoze the former Booths store on Highfield Road in South Shore. The Lancashire-based retailer closed the
Blackpool could be forced to become part of a ‘city of the Fylde’ if plans for a Lancashire-wide combined authority are scrapped, the resort’s council leader has warned. Coun Simon Blackburn was speaking after it emerged Fylde Council is set to become th
Wyre councillors have approved plans to regulate the dog day care industry. Members of the licensing committee voted in favour of the measures at a meeting on Thursday night. It means those businesses offering day kennelling – caring for dogs while their
The car park at Poulton station is set to re-open on Friday. The facility was closed to allow Network Rail to carry out drainage work around the station ahead of the electrification of the route between Blackpool and Preston. Works on the line continue t
A thief with a history of stealing money collected for charities has been jailed. Michael McKeown spent the cash meant for worthy causes such as the North West Air Ambulance and deaf and blind people on drugs, a court was told. McKeown, 31, of Derby Road
The last chance to take a look at proposals to give a new lease of life to a long-disused seafront swimming pool takes place on Tuesday. St Annes Promenade Gardens Friends have been delighted with the response so far to the plans for the former pool clos
Mysterious radioactive cloud moves towards UK as plane which tackled Chernobyl called in to find source
A US Air Force plane which helped in the aftermath of the Chernobyl disaster has been called in to find the source of a mysterious radioactive cloud heading towards the UK. The WC-135 Constant Phoenix, which is specially modified to collect atmospheric s
People in the North West could be saving £185 per year in energy bills, a new survey claims. However, despite rising fuel prices meaning an average annual bill of £1,225, 62 per cent of UK householders don’t do anything about it. This is despite the fact
- 07:40 No Hard Knock Life for Annie and her crew
- 07:33 Ian McCall slams 'awful' Ayr United performance as they crash to St...
- 07:33 WEATHER: It’s going to be wet and windy
- 07:32 Barcelona willing to offer Real Madrid this star to keep Lionel...
- 07:32 Manchester United star snubbed transfer because of his country
- 07:29 Antoine Griezmann tells Paul Pogba: I see myself at Manchester United
- 07:29 Manchester United's EFL Cup final wildcard could be a man Jose...
- 07:26 Former soldier brandished gun and threatened to shoot teenager at...
- 07:22 THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: February 26
- 07:19 EastEnders villain 'Nasty' Nick Cotton comes to Huddersfield for...
- 07:19 EXCLUSIVE: Southampton should exploit this Man United weak link -...
- 07:19 Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet: What I did after Jurgen Klopp...
- 07:15 Australia and Indonesia restore full military ties
- 07:13 WEATHER: It’s going to be wet and windy
- 07:12 Tortoises rescued from smugglers make their Chester Zoo debut
- 07:11 Three arrested after police pursuit across counties
- 07:11 WEATHER: It’s going to be wet and windy
- 07:10 Manchester United star: I want to sign a new deal
- 07:10 Arsenal staff reveal Alexis Sanchez will leave Gunners in the summer
- 07:06 DFS Trading Limited fined £1m after worker suffered serious...
- 07:06 Chef cooks up a veggie treat
- 07:04 Carl Bridgewater murder: Bert Spencer welcomes new police review of...
- 07:03 Men who sup more than seven pints of beer a week for several years...
- 07:03 Army of grandparents saving families billions in child care
- 07:03 Charity helping Thai children says thanks
- 07:02 Burnley boss Sean Dyche: This is what I thought about that red card...
- 07:01 ‘Squequel’ to mouse mystery in Boston Stump
- 07:00 Stunning photos takes you behind the scenes of the Guildhall in Hull
- 07:00 See how Hull city centre is REALLY taking shape
- 07:00 Brave Ruby Lawler, 8, beats cancer for SECOND time