News from Blackpool Gazette
A Bob Dylan painting of an American pier has sparked an unusual row – with a photographer claiming it’s actually a recreation of his snap of Blackpool’s North Pier. Despite the global superstar’s signed watercolour, which exhibited at The Halcyon Gallery
Brian House staff nurse Janet Miller has a unique perspective on the care the hospice provides. She has spent the past nine years working at the children’s hospice as part of its specialist nursing team – but first stepped through the doors with her own
A man left in a coma for six days after being seriously injured in a hit and run has been visited in hospital for Blackpool FC’s 2010 promotion hero Charlie Adam. Pool fan Andrew Sanderson, who fractured his skull and broke his pelvis, collarbone and ank
Thorntons is recalling its Thorntons hollow milk chocolate Jolly Santa 200g models because the product may contain a piece of plastic which could represent a safety risk Thorntons is recalling the product detailed below: Product: Thorntons Hollow Milk Ch
Health and care bosses have predicted a £572m spending shortfall in their budgets across Lancashire and South Cumbria by 2020/21. At the same time they acknowledge the region has ‘some of the poorest health in the country’. Now the team at Healthier Lanc
Lytham St Annes is set to take a major step towards extending its European links. As Prime Minister Theresa May continues to prepare the practicalities of Brexit, the Lytham St Annes Twinning Association is eager to encourage more entente cordiale. Alrea
Hundreds of people lined the streets of Blackpool to welcome the Britain’s Got Talent judges to the resort, for the first time in five years. A huge crowd braved the miserable January weather to get a glimpse at Simon Cowell, David Walliams, Amanda Holde
Blackpool South MP Gordon Marsden called on Prime Minister Theresa May to tackle the crisis in adult social care during a heated exchange in the House of Commons. Mr Marsden used Prime Minister’s Question Time to highlight increased waiting times in...
Thirty people are missing after an avalanche buried a mountain hotel in Italy, according to the civil protection agency. Italian media said the avalanche covered the three-storey hotel in Abruzzo, an earthquake-hit zone of central Italy, on Wednesday eve
A man who was arrested in connection with the death of a scooter rider following a collision in Blackpool has been released with no charge. The incident happened on Wednesday, 21 December when an Aprilia scooter was involved in a collision with a Mercede
Lancashire’s ambulance service has been ordered to improve its safety standards after an inspection. North West Ambulance Service received a ‘Requires Improvement’ rating in the areas of both safety and leadership. The Trust has now been ordered to take
Hundreds of people lined the streets to welcome the Britain’s Got Talent judges to Blackpool, for the first time in five years. A huge crowd braved the miserable January weather to get a glimpse at Simon Cowell, David Walliams, Amanada Holden and Alesha
Blackpool crews sent an engine to deal with a suspicious bin fire yesterday evening, say fire services. Firefighters arrived to the two-bin blaze on St Walburgas Road at around 8.30pm on 18 January. The fire was extinguished using a hose-reel. A spokespe
Here is a round-up of some of the cases at Blackpool Magistrates Court. Thomas Barrett, 35, assault, shoplifting and failing to answer bail A prolific shoplifter who knocked down and injured a member of the public while fleeing out of a supermarket he ha
Blackpool Council is urging musicians to apply for grants of between £5,000 and £15,000. The money is available from the Momentum Music Fund which aims to find and promote new music and acts. The cash is available for artists and bands to help move their
- 11:04 Controlled explosions carried out on chemicals at Yorkshire schools
- 11:04 Jimi Manuwa to face Corey Anderson at UFC London in March
- 11:04 Arsenal Transfer News: £40m Sanchez contact, done deal, Wenger...
- 11:04 Estate agent in line for prestigious award
- 11:03 Controlled explosions carried out on chemicals at Yorkshire schools
- 11:02 Multi vehicle crash on M1
- 11:02 EU antitrust regulators welcome Amazon, Apple audiobook agreement
- 11:01 Darts: Ross Montgomery happy with Lakeside display despite first...
- 11:01 Badou Jack relinquishes his WBC super-middleweight title to step up...
- 11:01 Paul Pogba's adidas fashion collection almost sells out in a day as...
- 11:01 Is Bob Dylan’s painting taken from a photo of Blackpool’s North Pier?
- 11:01 Ulverston drug dealer and former pub landlady ordered to repay...
- 11:00 Is Bob Dylan’s painting taken from a photo of Blackpool’s North Pier?
- 11:00 Liverpool backed to complete defender transfer in January
- 11:00 Revealed: The best Coventry schools and colleges at A-Level
- 10:59 TRANSFER RUMOURS: Milan want Everton winger, Fonte to West Ham,...
- 10:59 Leeds midfielder transfer hits snag: Garry Monk trying to get it...
- 10:59 Decision to be made on 2,000 home development for ironworks site
- 10:59 Latest updates after M1 is shut due to 'serious collision'
- 10:58 FreeAgent inks accounting software tie-up with RBS
- 10:58 Baggies close in on midfield target
- 10:58 Survey reveals annual fraud and cybercrime figures for first time
- 10:58 Tresham College seeking employers for careers fair next month
- 10:58 Isle of Wight festival line up 2017: Kaiser Chiefs, Texas, The...
- 10:57 Romania in turmoil as protesters march over plans to pardon...
- 10:57 Jaguar Land Rover fined almost £1m after worker crushed
- 10:56 Diamond faced Rolex stolen in burglary
- 10:56 UK tourists scramble to leave Gambia as troops gather
- 10:55 UPDATE 1-Russia's Sistema says plans to list agricultural business
- 10:55 SNEAK PEEK: What’s in this week’s Derbyshire Times...?