News from Blackpool Gazette
An animal pen was deliberately set alight in Poulton earlier this afternoon. No animals were in the outbuilding, in Holts Lane, at the time, and investigators have now been brought in to catch the arsonist responsible. A spokesman for the Lancashire Fire
Fleetwood’s port and fishing industry could stand to benefit significantly under ambitious plans from Labour, Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell stated in a visit to the town. Mr McDonnell, accompanied by Fleetwood’s Labour MP Cat Smith, was at the town’s
Entries have flooded in for a share in a £25,000 charity pot. The Gazette has once again teamed up with the Swallowdale Childrens’ Trust, which is giving away a massive £25,000 worth of grants to help young people across Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre The gra
Union bosses have warned removing guards from trains will lead to a rise in crime. Guards on Northern staged a third one-day walkout yesterday, causing problems for travellers between Blackpool and Preston. Less than half of the normal number of services
Nobody could call this unusual science lesson ‘cheep’! Reception pupils at Revoe Academy on Grasmere Roadhatched and held adorable chicks this week as part of an ongoing science project exploring the life cycles of different creatures. Reception teacher
The body of an elderly man has been found in a Blackpool public toilet. Police ambulance services were called at around 3pm to reports that a man, believed to be in his 60s, had been found dead inside the public toilets at Gynn Square. The cause of death
Detectives have launched a renewed appeal for information to help find a missing Fylde man – a year on from when he was last seen. Shane Graham, 26, from Ansdell, disappeared around 9.15am on April 29 last year. He was seen walking towards Inner Promenad
New figures show police in Blackpool are handling more cases involving the drug Spice than in any other town in Lancashire. Figures obtained by The Gazette under the Freedom of Information Act show a sharp increase in incidents across the county with the
Planners will next week decide whether to approve plans for nearly 100 homes in a Wyre village. Residents are angry at the scale of the development in Great Eccleston, which would see developer Metacre build 93 new houses off Copp Lane. Among the signifi
A woman wept as she left court knowing that the life of her dog has been saved. An application by Lancashire Police that Poppy – a banned pit bull terrier – be put down was rejected by magistrates at Blackpool. But the dog will remain on ‘death row’ unti
A dad-of-two who was killed in a crash as he cycled home from work will be remembered as a ‘fantastic husband and father’, his wife has said. Jonathan Lee, 36, was travelling from BrightRED Digital – the company he founded – in Preston to his St Annes ho
A fund-raiser inspired by the tragic death of a much-loved Fleetwood mum is ready to run this weekend. Mother-of-four Paula Young, of Calder Avenue, died from cancer at the tragically early age of 41 in January and is the inspiration behind a fund-raiser
A visit from the Tooth Fairy costs parents £5 per visit, totalling to £100 per child From cash gifts for Easter to decorating the house as though the Tooth Fairy has paid a visit, new research reveals how much money parents in the north-west are spending
A 39-year-old man is still missing after he is believed to have walked into the water at Conder Green. Police were initially called shortly before 2pm on Wednesday to reports Ben Heron, from the Lancaster area, had gone into the water close to the Stork
One of Blackpool’s best known dance night promoters is set to open a new bar and nightspot in Poulton. Alex Huckerby, who is one of the driving forces behind Blackpool Rocks at the Winter Gardens, is transforming the former Stocks German restaurant build
- 04:39 Freed marine Alexander Blackman praises his 'wife in a million'
- 04:36 Notts police officer dismissed following gross misconduct hearing
- 04:22 'Responsible gun ownership saves lives' Trump tells NRA it has 'a...
- 04:10 Fidget spinners: the latest craze sweeping schools and offices
- 04:05 Tom Richmond: After polling day, will the North be forgotten again?
- 04:03 Apple, Tesla ask California to change proposed self-driving car...
- 04:03 Amazon's moves beyond retail get Wall Street thumbs up, for now
- 03:36 Diana's brother Earl Spencer pays tribute to her 'bravery' amid...
- 03:36 Prince Harry to attend Army and Navy rugby match with...
- 03:36 Man faces court over murder of ex-Navy officer run down by own car
- 03:36 EU chiefs to agree Brexit strategy in Brussels talks
- 03:25 MPs say 'dominance' of big home-building firms must end
- 03:23 German economy booms as protectionist threat goes pop
- 03:17 Damning new report rules Scottish social work services are...
- 03:10 Amazon's moves beyond retail get Wall Street thumbs up, for now
- 03:09 Trump reassures US gun owners
- 02:57 Team Europe captain Thomas Bjorn in early discussions with Le Golf...
- 02:52 More small housebuilders needed to fix UK's 'broken' market - report
- 02:27 General election 2017: Do strong leaders make good prime ministers?
- 02:24 Trump to order a study on abuses of U.S. trade agreements
- 02:11 Matthew Flinders: Sheffield’s heartbeat and soul that forge an...
- 02:10 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp fires shot at Jose Mourinho amid battle...
- 02:03 Bayer Leverkusen players make emotional plea to protesting fans...
- 01:57 Trump ‘preparing SHOW OF FORCE’ after North Korea's latest missile...
- 01:53 One family's story of the housing market generation gap
- 01:53 Conor McGregor only needs to land once on Floyd Mayweather to end...
- 01:50 'I won't rest until I help this club return to the top of Scottish...
- 01:50 Chris Froome plays leading role in Team Sky team-mate Elia...
- 01:44 ‘There is no free lunch!’ UK won’t have advantages over EU after...
- 01:43 NFL commissioner Roger Goodell maintains stance against...