News from Blackpool Gazette
Passengers escaped injury earlier this afternoon after the tram they were on was involved in a collision with a car in Cleveleys. The accident happened at the junction of Rossall Road and Victoria Road West at around 2.15pm, with an investigation now und
A man had his foot run over after he told a fellow driver to slow down, police believe. Police were called around 12.45pm on October 8 after reports of a collision on Trinity Close, Freckleton. A 42-year-old man was found at the scene with a serious foot
Teaching assistant Patricia Carr struck gold last night when she picked up a top honour at a teaching awards ceremony. Patricia, who works at Anchorsholme Academy, was one of just 10 staff from across the UK to win a Gold Plato award at the Pearson Teach
A woman using her iPhone at a town centre bus stop had it snatched and stolen, police said. The 26-year-old’s granite coloured iPhone 6s was grabbed from her hand while she was sat in Abingdon Street at around 1.15pm on Thursday, a spokeswoman for Lancas
A woman has died after a fire at a house in Chatburn this morning (Monday). The fire broke out at the house in Greenfield Avenue. Police, paramedics and fire crews were called just before 8 am after neighbours saw the woman at a window inside the propert
This is the heart-warming moment a mum-to-be thanked the shop workers who helped her when she collapsed in store. Heavily pregnant Diane Spencer, 37, was shopping at Home Bargains in Poulton when she suddenly blacked out and suffered a fit. Luckily for t
A five-year-old girl – already a seasoned fund-raiser – is preparing for another season of goodwill to all men. Despite her young age, when Lylia Bailey clambers behind a stall at Clifton Hospital’s Christmas fair next month, it will be the third year sh
Police were called to a bust-up at a popular Poulton play centre on Saturday. Officers were called to Thingamajigz, in Furness Avenue on the industrial estate, after two women refused to leave and instead berated staff, the force said. One visitor said t
A 23-year-old man from Thornton was arrested on suspicion of drink driving after a three-car crash in the village yesterday evening. Police say he was held after a collision between a Vauxhall Vectra, Ford Focus, and Mercedes CLA180, in Fleetwood Road at
Career coach and author Corinne Mills watched last night’s episode of The Apprentice to review each candidate. How would they fare in the real world? Alana Quietly capable – even the eccentric Jessica felt she did a good job this week. However, her lack
Here is a round-up of some of the cases at Blackpool Magistrates Court from October 22. Anthony McPartland, 27, breach of restraining order A father-of-two fell foul of the law when he rang to wish his son a happy birthday. Anthony McPartland had been ba
Babies should sleep in the same rooms as their parents for the first year of their lives - but never in the same bed - as it reduces cot death by 50 per cent. Child health experts warn never to put infants to sleep on sofas, armchairs or soft surfaces to
Three-quarters of Brits are what is described as ‘micro-criminals’ - committing tiny crimes in shops and online to get a better deal. Research by YouGov found that 74 per cent of UK citizens had perpetrated at least one very minor crime. Most common was
Calling all Santas! The search is on for 1,000 hospice supporters ready to pull on the famous red suit and raise money. Santa Dash, in aid of Trinity Hospice and Brian House Children’s Hospice takes place on Sunday December 4, and organisers are hoping t
Blackpool’s top cop admits it’s an honour to lead his home town force – but knows he’s facing a major test of his abilities in running day to day policing of a unique place. Chief Inspector Lee Wilson is the man tasked with keeping the public safe in Bla
- 22:57 Anthony Joshua will not fight Wladimir Klitschko in December
- 22:55 U.S. scientist dies in snowmobile plunge in Antarctica
- 22:54 Young Liverpool goalkeeper Kamil Grabara, 17, looks like a...
- 22:54 Anthony Joshua forced to wait until next year for Wladimir...
- 22:52 Sheldon strikes to secure cup progress
- 22:51 Plastic surgeon posted photos of his patients going under the knife...
- 22:51 Boy, 7, miraculously survives horror crash on motorway
- 22:51 Vincent Kompany gives Man City fans honest update on injury situation
- 22:51 Arsene Wenger: This is my verdict on Arsenal's title chances
- 22:51 Championship boss confirms Man United forward is devastated to be...
- 22:46 Alex Neil: I won't do my old mate Garry Monk any favours
- 22:46 UFC: Beneil Dariush could have been an accountant instead of a fighter
- 22:45 US changes toddler screen time advice
- 22:43 Aid must provide value for money, says minister Priti Patel
- 22:41 KEVIN DE BRUYNE EXCLUSIVE: Pep Guardiola's way is the only way......
- 22:40 Venezuela political foes to hold talks as crisis deepens
- 22:38 Aaron Wilbraham: Tammy Abraham needs my help off the pitch... he...
- 22:38 Man City captain Vincent Kompany has warning for Jose Mourinho...
- 22:38 Leicester defender Christian Fuchs: I want to play in MLS
- 22:38 Harry Arter: I've made up my mind on which international side I'll...
- 22:38 Jose Mourinho: My Manchester United players need to man up
- 22:38 Jurgen Klopp: This is my message for out-of-favour Liverpool attacker
- 22:38 Newcastle expecting to make history against Preston
- 22:38 Moussa Sissoko suspension leads to opportunities for Tottenham...
- 22:38 David Moyes: This is what I have to say to Sunderland fans who want...
- 22:38 Ice hockey: Corey Neilson has warning for Nottingham players
- 22:38 Liverpool hero makes big claim about Man United star following...
- 22:38 Double injury blow ahead of Manchester derby
- 22:37 Exclusive - Philippines police plan new phase in drugs war: sources
- 22:37 Major collision on A38 sliproad