News from Birmingham Post
A FORMER doctor turned vicar is standing for Parliament for the seventh time and says ‘it isn’t about winning’. Voters in the marginal Edgbaston seat will see the name of Dick Rodgers and his own Common Good Party on their ballots when they go to the pol
The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital in Birmingham has appointed its first female chair. Dame Yve Buckland will take over the role next month and her appointment means that five of the city's seven hospitals are now chaired by women. She was awarded the DBE in
Construction group BAM will lead the £35 million regeneration of Studley Castle hotel in Warwickshire. The Grade II*-listed country house was acquired by Warner Leisure Hotels last year since when it has closed to undergo a major programme of renovation
The redevelopment of Birmingham's historic Grand building will be completed with a new 180-bedroom hotel and roof-top pool. Owner Hortons' Estate has agreed a conditional partnership with Principal Hotel Company which specialises in opening hotels in lan
A tech start-up company which has developed a mobile ordering app has secured £300,000 in new funding. Birmingham-based Swoopos is used for ordering and payment, inventory, staff management, customer data analysis and college as a loyalty scheme. Its cou
A national planning consultancy has opened its first Midlands office in Birmingham. Indigo Planning has launched a new base in Colmore Row to join its existing stable of offices in Manchester, Leeds, London and Dublin. Indigo said it was attracted to Bir
Homeowners should need the permission of their next door neighbours before creating disruptive basement extensions, it has been claimed. The call came after the owner of a semi-detached home in Chantry Road, Moseley, was given the go head to dig out a ba
If you are a sci-fi fan fan and in the market for a new car take a trip to your local Toyota dealership – and be prepared to be blown away. The Japanese car company has – in the words of Buzz Lightyear – gone to infinity and beyond with the design of its
Retailer Halfords has posted a 10.5 per cent fall in annual profits as it took a hit from the weak pound and saw the timing of Easter knock recent sales. The Redditch-based listed group, which sells bikes, car parts and accessories, reported pre-tax prof
For ten years Sakari Oramo was conductor-in-residence at Symphony Hall, in his capacity as music director of the CBSO. But in 2008 he left, in order to conduct orchestras in his native Scandinavia. From there he moved on to take over the principal conduc
Tributes have been paid to a pioneering and “compassionate” surgeon who helped change the lives of Midland youngsters. Phil Glithero, who worked at Birmingham’s Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, died peacefully at his home in Hall Green, after a long illness a
A controversial move by Birmingham Assay Office to use its famous anchor mark abroad could be scuppered. In 2016, the office announced it was opening a new branch in India where jewellery could be verified, or 'assayed', with the same anchor mark used in
The digital and technology industries are set to add £2 billion to the region's economy and create 14,000 jobs, according to a new report into the sector. The study, entitled 'Tech and Digital: Deep Dive Report', has been compiled by Birmingham City Univ
Luxury car manufacturer Aston Martin has enjoyed a positive start to the year on the back of the new DB11 with revenue more than doubling and pre-tax profit returning to the black. The Warwickshire-based firm said turnover for the first quarter of 2017 h
SOME of Britain’s richest people, companies and trade unions gave more than £7 million to political parties in the first week of the General Election campaign. According to details released by the Electoral Commission, the Conservative Party received £4.
- 12:24 OPEC oil cut extension renews Asia's crude supply worries
- 12:24 On or off? Bank holiday events after Manchester attack
- 12:22 Britain’s Got Talent finalist Tina Humphrey – of dog act Tina and...
- 12:22 This is where General Election parties stand on legalising cannabis
- 12:22 What is Alliv Notsa? All is revealed about our new Aston Villa podcast
- 12:22 Aston Villa 1982: Rotterdam memories and Villa Park pride - Peter...
- 12:22 ELECTION 2017:Fact Check - if 30% more people under 25 vote, could...
- 12:22 Ruth Langsford left red-faced as she ‘GLAZES OVER’ mid-interview...
- 12:21 Sarah Taylor admits it has been a 'rollercoaster' 12 months after...
- 12:21 Brazilian police make arrests in 'Car Wash' probe
- 12:21 General election 2017: Which candidate will get your vote in the...
- 12:21 Enjoy the nice weather - there's a yellow warning for rain for...
- 12:21 VIDEO AND PICTURES: World's biggest inflatable obstacle course for...
- 12:21 China's reforms not enough to arrest mounting debt - Moody's
- 12:21 Andy Murray handed French Open draw boost by avoiding Rafael Nadal...
- 12:20 Chesterfield dad tells of panic in trying to find his kids after...
- 12:20 Greater Manchester Police warn of fraudulent online fundraising pages
- 12:20 Cold callers top poll of what drives people mad
- 12:19 Labour will reverse cuts to emergency services, says Jeremy Corbyn
- 12:19 Enjoy the nice weather - there's a yellow warning for rain for...
- 12:18 General election emoji App launched
- 12:18 Election round-up: National campaigning returns
- 12:17 Enjoy the nice weather - there's a yellow warning for rain for...
- 12:17 Heavy showers set to give way to sun for the bank holiday weekend...
- 12:17 Leamington bar owner: ‘I’ve changed my name to Batman in council...
- 12:17 Chin chin! It's bottoms up as The Crossing in Burton hosts second...
- 12:16 Ford wins Town Bowl for a second time
- 12:16 Increased police presence at Showground event
- 12:16 Premier League key dates 2017/18: When does the season start? When...
- 12:15 Greater Manchester Police warn of fraudulent online fundraising pages