News from Birmingham Post
BMW’s M4 supercar slayer has traditionally set the benchmark for junior executive-based high-performance coupes. Rival manufacturers have now risen to the challenge, with the Lexus RC-F taking the naturally aspirated V8 approach. A monster engine isn’t t
London’s Heathrow Airport is to get a new runway after the Government finally announced its decision on expanding aviation capacity. Transport Secretary Chris Grayling said Heathrow expansion was expected to provide a boost to the wider economy of £61 bi
West Midlands MEP Bill Etheridge has pulled out of the contest to elect a new leader for UKIP . He announced he was giving up his dream of replacing Nigel Farage as party leader, and instead would be supporting the leadership campaign of Paul Nuttall, an
Manchester mayor candidate Andy Burnham has complained that the Government is paying too much attention to the Midlands - and has neglected the “Northern Powerhouse”. Mr Burnham, MP for Leigh in Greater Manchester, is Labour’s candidate to be Greater Man
The owner of the Merry Hill shopping centre has announced plans to spend £85 million revamping the Black Country retail hub. Intu has launched a new bond offer to raise £350 million to support its latest programme of works which will include a facelift f
Birmingham nursery heads are taking the fight to save their schools to Westminster. They are to meet Education Minister Caroline Dinenage in the House of Commons to urge the Government to ensure schools don’t have to close. The meeting on Wednesday follo
American diners and cafés are thriving while charity shops and recruitment agencies are suffering on the region's high streets. A new report out today says coffee shops, jewellers and restaurants have replaced fashion retailers, banks and financial insti
The most expensive private house ever sold at auction in Birmingham has been bought. The property, at 11 Farquhar Road in Edgbaston, was sold for £1.37 million off a guide price of £1.25 million to £1.3 million. The detached, five-bedroom property has 1.
The construction firm which is delivering Three Snowhill has won the contract to expand Jaguar Land Rover's base in Castle Bromwich. BAM Construction, which also led the revamp of the Barclaycard Arena and phase one of the Beorma Quarter in Digbeth, has
All architecture is temporary. Some buildings are just more temporary than others. Moreover, it's not always possible to predict how temporary a building will be. The Grade II-listed prefab houses in Wake Green Road in Moseley, for example, were built in
Honda has already revealed the all-new 2017 Civic hatch; now it’s the turn of the upcoming new Civic Type R hot hatch. Yes, this time, we are not going to be forced to wait years for it to arrive. Technically, Honda’s only showing the new Civic Type R in
More than a quarter of us would vote for a party that promised to keep Britain IN the European Union . And the “stop Brexit” party would come second in a general election - pushing Labour down to third place. That’s the finding of a new survery by pollin
Private equity house NorthEdge Capital has opened a new office in Birmingham. The firm’s new base in The Colmore Building will be led by experienced deal-makers Rob Freer and Andrew Skinner, joining the company’s teams in Manchester and Leeds. NorthEdge
A manufacturer and retailer of kitchens, bathrooms and bedrooms is celebrating its 35th year in business by completing a £500,000 investment drive. Avanti, which has around 100 staff across nine bases in Birmingham and the Black Country, has spent the la
3PB Barristers has opened a new chamber in Birmingham. The move brings the group’s total number of offices up to six across the UK and becomes the practice’s first in the Midlands. Elizabeth McGrath QC is the first tenant to be based in the new Birmingha
- 18:25 Samsung chip supplier AMS warns of customer setback, shares plunge
- 18:25 T-Mobile seen as top target following AT&T-Time Warner deal
- 18:25 15 firefighters attend incident in Lincoln's Ermine West
- 18:25 Renewable energy capacity overtakes coal
- 18:24 Eddie Jones to name England squad on Wednesday morning after...
- 18:24 Ronnie O'Sullivan through to last-16 of International Championship...
- 18:24 Stuart Broad set to wait for 100th Test cap as England consider...
- 18:24 England coach Trevor Bayliss predicts Ben Stokes can become one of...
- 18:24 Firefighters tackle blaze at city maisonette
- 18:24 Anthony Martial ditches supercar as he leaves Manchester United...
- 18:24 Liverpool vs Tottenham, EFL Cup LIVE: Plus Arsenal vs Reading and...
- 18:22 Parents of Deepcut soldier Cheryl James get human rights award for...
- 18:22 CALAIS 'JUNGLE' DEMOLITION: First shacks TORN DOWN as thousands of...
- 18:22 Firearms raid at Wrexham property sees man arrested
- 18:20 Russia says it extends moratorium on Aleppo air strikes
- 18:19 CCTV clue after two friends attacked after leaving The Ritz in...
- 18:19 Bodies found after Allerton house fire
- 18:18 DVD Reviews: Two Women and A Special Day
- 18:16 ‘Even though Daisy has gone, she will never be forgotten. She will...
- 18:15 Blitz on burglary suspects in Northumberland and North Tyneside
- 18:14 GUILTY: Fleetwood man murdered his baby girl
- 18:14 ‘Even though Daisy has gone, she will never be forgotten. She will...
- 18:14 Cannabis farm uncovered at remote Cumbrian bungalow
- 18:14 Man denies insurance fraud
- 18:13 'I had to quit my job and do something to help people': One woman's...
- 18:13 Ronda Rousey ran from fighting Holly Holm again in the UFC after...
- 18:13 Car crashes into houses
- 18:12 Sir Alex Ferguson: This is my biggest regret from 27 years at...
- 18:12 Wolves next manager odds: Marco Silva and Sam Allardyce lead the way
- 18:12 Tractor driver dies as vehicle leaves road and hits shed at airfield