News from Birmingham Post
Financial services firm EY has appointed a new managing partner for Birmingham and the Midlands. Simon O'Neill has taken over the reins from Sara Fowler who has held the role since 2010. Mr O'Neill is based in the Midlands and has been with EY in the UK
The Jewellery Quarter Business Improvement District has received backing from companies in the historic manufacturing district to launch a second five-year term. It held a ballot among its members asking whether they wished to see the BID return for anot
Restaurant chain The Handmade Burger Company has gone into administration with the immediate closure of nine of its 29 sites. The group, which was founded in Brindleyplace, has closed down its website and social media accounts. The future of the burger c
Channel 4 News should be presented from Birmingham, ensuring one of television's flagship national news shows is produced outside London. That's according to the Campaign for Regional Broadcasting Midlands, which is backing calls to bring Channel 4 to th
Birmingham's new equalities chief yesterday denied he had left Wales' top race relations body under a cloud. Dr Mashuq Ally resigned from the prestigious post of director of the Welsh Commission for Racial Equality after an internal investigation was lau
Husband and wife gym bosses are looking for a new base after their business was allegedly shut down to make way for a new Lidl store. Trainers Steve and Abigail Rowland say they were forced to close Fitness First in Pershore Road, Stirchley, because of t
By Andy Street All sorts of people have their reasons for supporting Birmingham’s bid – everything from the cultural benefits to the sporting legacy to the upturn in tourism. All very good reasons to be excited about the prospect of the Commonwealth Game
Potential investors have until the end of the month to lodge their interest for Birmingham’s largest development site. The Peddimore site near Sutton Coldfield is set to create up to 10,000 jobs and generate £350 million for the local economy. Perfectly
A SUCCESSFUL Commonwealth Games bid would be the catalyst for new investment and a re-invention for many parts of Birmingham and beyond. Among them would be Perry Barr which is home to the Alexander Stadium, a world-class BMX track and the proposed athle
Town councillors have been banned from mentioning their Conservative or Labour Party divisions in a bid to foster a more collaborative atmosphere at meetings. The Sutton Coldfield Town councillors have agreed to avoid gratuitous references to party polit
Fashion giant turned urban designer Wayne Hemingway has called on Government to speed up house building for young people. Mr Hemingway, who famously founded the Red or Dead fashion house, told a meeting of council bosses at the Library of Birmingham that
We have a great chance to change Birmingham’s story for the better. The city is in the running to host the 2022 Commonwealth Games and become the future home of Channel 4. If successful the impact of these will go beyond the worlds of sport and culture.
“The Lions only field the best and that’s what’s needed.” These are the words of Welsh rugby star Jamie Roberts who played for the British and Irish Lions in 2009 and 2013. And they will ring true for the team tomorrow (Saturday July 8) as they play thei
- 01:45 EastEnders spoilers: Tilly Keeper reveals Louise Mitchell and Lisa...
- 01:30 Ben Affleck denies Batman exit rumours
- 01:26 Antonio Conte reveals Chelsea are close to another transfer after...
- 01:23 England captain Heather Knight keen on women's IPL
- 01:23 Andrew 'Beef' Johnston's hits back at 'pathetic' talkSPORT hosts...
- 01:14 Pokemon Go Lugia launch: Chicago Fest brings Legendary to Trainers...
- 01:14 Juventus 1-2 Barcelona: Neymar responds to transfer rumours by...
- 01:12 Manchester United Jose Mourinho press conference LIVE updates
- 01:10 Merseyrail strike hits Open golf at Royal Birkdale
- 01:10 Consultation on changing legal gender to be launched
- 00:57 'It sticks in my mind' - Prince William and Harry speak of last...
- 00:57 Marian Hill: 'An Apple advert kick-started our career'
- 00:55 Australia players' union warn time is running out to resolve pay...
- 00:55 The Open 2017: Final day tee-times as Jordan Spieth leads the field...
- 00:55 Chelsea swoop for Brazilian prodigy Richarlison as Antonio Conte...
- 00:55 Tottenham vs Paris Saint-Germain, International Champions Cup LIVE:...
- 00:51 Emmerdale spoilers: Pierce Harris walks free as Vanessa Woodfield’s...
- 00:35 Range Rover Velar 2017 REVIEW - Can Land Rover do no wrong?
- 00:32 Chelsea lead race to sign Brazilian striker Richarlison
- 00:32 Blood donation rules relaxed for gay men and sex workers
- 00:28 Fiction: Chicken Scratchings by Angela Clarke
- 00:28 HMP Hewell: Security teams dealing with 'ongoing incident'
- 00:28 Summer non-fiction books from biography to travel and nature reads
- 00:28 SNES Classic Mini pre-order US UPDATE - Walmart open pre-orders,...
- 00:26 K-golf: South Korea's female golfing phenomenon
- 00:24 Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins set to present BBC Generation Game reboot
- 00:22 Generation Game to be brought back with Mel and Sue
- 00:22 Princes tell documentary of 'fun' childhood with Diana
- 00:20 Grinding teeth at night? Nine things YOU should know about bruxism
- 00:20 How to stop a nosebleed - GP reveals why you are doing THIS wrong