News from Birmingham Post
Driverless cars should be allowed on West Midlands roads, according to a candidate standing to become the region’s first elected mayor. Letting the West Midlands lead the way in testing self-driving cars would provide a boost to employers, according to C
We have heard the apocalyptic predictions before – most notably when former city Labour leader Sir Albert Bore described the cuts a few years back as the “end of local government as we know it” and warned of the widening “jaws of doom”. But there is some
The contest for a £2.75 billion contract to build a fleet of high speed trains is launched today. The Government says it expects hundreds of jobs to be created. Transport Secretary Chris Grayling is announcing that up to 60 state-of-the-art trains to tra
Labour candidate for West Midlands mayor Siôn Simon will launch his campaign in Wolverhampton today with a patriotic rallying cry for a fair deal for England. The former Erdington MP will demand English regions like the West Midlands get as good a devolu
Mazda’s MX5 has been around for some years now – but it’s never looked better. The latest incarnation of the little convertible has lost the traditional soft rounded look in favour of a more angular design and it’s given it a whole new lease of life. The
An "awful" and "horrendous" Birmingham link bridge which has blighted the city centre for decades can be torn down, following a unanimous vote by planners. The decision means the sweeping concrete-clad Ringway Centre, in Smallbrook...
High street bakery chain Greggs has announced plans to axe its manufacturing operation in Birmingham to create a "logistics centre of excellence", placing around 140 jobs under threat. In addition to running dozens of shops across the...
With Mustang sales still resolutely down – US customers bought 19% fewer of them in December 2016 than they did in the same month in 2015 – it’s tempting to wonder how Ford dealers will react to the parent company’s announcement of the 2018 Ford Mustang,
HSBC's move to Birmingham is prompting interest from its staff around the globe as the bank continues its relocation out of the capital. Antonio Simoes, chief executive of HSBC Bank and the man spearheading the move, said there had been plenty of interes
Did you know that Chamber of Commerce House in Edgbaston was the first tall office ever built in Birmingham? The chamber of commerce commissioned renowned local architect John Madin to design both its headquarters and adjacent office accommodation. In 19
The next stage of a city centre office regeneration scheme can be revealed. The Axis site, next to Birmingham's Mailbox shopping mall, is set to be redeveloped with four new office buildings and a public square. Phase one was unveiled last year and compr
Birmingham has taken a major step towards securing millions of pounds of investment in the Curzon Street and Smithfield developments following a trade mission to the oil-rich state of Qatar it is claimed. Council leader John Clancy led a delegation to Do
How easily they fall back into old habits. The Government once appeared to be obsessed with the North of England, while it forgot about the Midlands. Former Chancellor George Osborne’s Northern Powerhouse policy was focused unashamedly on Manchester. But
Police have been asked to investigate allegations of fraud and misconduct against two Sandwell Labour councillors. An investigation by Sandwell Council alleges that former council deputy leader Mahboob Hussain (Oldbury) and his colleague councillor Babu
People should “make a scene” when they witness others being racist, Bromsgrove MP Sajid Javid has said. Mr Javid, the Secretary of State for Local Government, said people should "call out" anti-Semitim and other forms of racism. He was...
- 14:03 More staff needed for ambulances
- 14:00 Danger driver jailed for more than six years after devastating...
- 14:00 Naked man found handcuffed and hanged in latex gas mask by...
- 14:00 Italy avalanche: Incredible footage shows moment young boy is...
- 13:59 David Haye creates new promotion company Hayemaker Ringstar in...
- 13:59 Diego Costa is available to play against Hull on Sunday... and he...
- 13:58 Man in court accused of attempted murder of police officer
- 13:58 Appeal lodged following Carlisle pub assault
- 13:58 REVEALED: Derbyshire schools GCSE performance tables
- 13:58 Rangers star Barrie McKay should jump at the chance to move to...
- 13:57 Police want to trace this Tuebrook man as part of attack probe
- 13:57 FC Stratford boss Poulson rues poor decision-making
- 13:57 Wirksworth joins ‘Bridges not Walls’ banner drop as Donald Trump...
- 13:57 QUICK QUIZ: This week’s news in questions
- 13:56 Builder, 34, has jail term slashed after attack on Andy Bemrose
- 13:56 JAILED: Depraved man who attempted to rape young girl filmed his...
- 13:56 Driver suspected of killing four in Melbourne crash ‘was out on bail’
- 13:56 Top 10 most complained about adverts of 2016
- 13:56 Gainsborough man who stole £978 in cash dodges jail sentence
- 13:55 Pokemon Go NEWS: Next BIG Niantic event update will SURPRISE you
- 13:55 Man in court accused of attempted murder of police officer
- 13:55 Sunderland have fewest goalscorers in Europe's top five leagues...
- 13:54 US STOCKS-Wall St set to rise ahead of Trump inauguration
- 13:54 Festive period busiest on record for region’s NHS
- 13:53 We tried masturbating at work for a week and this is what happened
- 13:53 Arsenal legend Ian Wright drops Chelsea transfer bombshell
- 13:53 Antonio Conte provides huge update on Chelsea striker Diego Costa
- 13:53 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte confirms transfer bid
- 13:53 Koeman's message for Everton FC ahead of Palace trip
- 13:52 Man with colossal half-a-metre penis that reaches his knee insists...