News from Birmingham Mail
A Birmingham MP is being taken to court by one of his staff. An employment tribunal will consider a complaint against Birmingham Perry Barr MP Khalid Mahmood (Lab) from his Parliamentary assistant, Elaina Cohen. Court documents show the case is due to be
The Government must publish its plan to tackle lethal air pollution in Birmingham and other major cities by next Friday the High Court has ruled. It comes after the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs attempted to postpone publication unti
West Brom stars turned a brave fan’s biggest wish into magical reality on an unforgettable day for 11-year-old Lily Towers. 11-year-old Lily Towers is bravely fighting Acute Myeloid Leukaemia and contacted the Make-A-Wish charity about her dream day. The
Picture the scene. St Andrew’s packed to the rafters with Birmingham City knowing a win will keep them up. They go 1-0 down in the fourth minute and battle back to win 2-1 and escape relegation. Everyone inside the famous old stadium would settle for tha
Illegal hydrants have been identified as the likely source of an increase in discoloured tap water in Birmingham. As well as damaging supplies the standpipe bandits operating the illegal equipment are drawing on water they have not paid for. Severn Trent
While Newcastle United are celebrating promotion to the Premier League, Aston Villa are preparing for another season in the Championship. Two similarly sized clubs who were relegated from the top tier last term but only one has got this season right - an
Birmingham chef Glynn Purnell is returning with an even bigger Friday Night Kitchen to raise money for Cure Leukaemia. Last year’s huge event raised more than £60,000 for the charity and the Michelin-starred chef hopes to do even better this time. He aim
When we revealed that The Rainbow pub was closing its doors on May 28 it provoked a massive reaction from Brummies. The iconic venue is a long established part of the Digbeth night-time scene hosting an eclectic selection of music nights and also spawnin
Prison staff are being assaulted at HMP Birmingham almost once a day. There were 296 assaults on prison staff at the G4S-run Winson Green facility in 2016, shocking new Ministry of Justice figures show. This was 80 per cent more than the same figure for
The context It was September1998 and Aston Villa were at the top of the early season Premiership (it wasn't Premier League back then) table. Villa had just puled off the signing of Paul Merson from Middlesbrough and manager John Gregory was daring to dre
POLICE hit the streets to warn of the deadly Black Mamba, as one addict revealed his addiction cost him his teeth - and almost his life. The synthetic drug has been linked to the death of a homeless man and officers are dealing with the impact of the che
New research has revealed more people left HSBC than any other bank so far this year. That's according to latest figures from the Current Account Switching Service (CASS). At the other end of the spectrum, Halifax saw the most people join in the same per
It’s the big Brum bread battle as curry houses compete to serve up the most enormous naans. Birmingham has always been generous with its naan breads and diners are used to them being much bigger than the plate. But some restaurants are serving up naans w
All of Birmingham City’s fans are well aware of the role Aston Villa can play in determining their Championship fate - but it won’t end with Steve Bruce’s side’s game with Blackburn Rovers. Some Villa fans have even suggested that they would happily see
A student at The Sixth Form College, Solihull organised an awareness campaign for autism. Jessica Smith supported a national campaign called Silly Sock Day, when staff and students went into college wearing their most outrageous socks. Jessica had put to
- 18:03 Woman, 58, gives birth to healthy twins after having IVF (but she...
- 18:03 'Exercise addiction nearly killed me': Woman describes working out...
- 18:03 Pick up a cue! Playing snooker keeps your brain sharp and helps you...
- 18:02 Kenilworth Ladies win Club Championship competition
- 18:01 Ruth Langsford makes X-RATED confession as she talks about sex with...
- 18:00 What is THAT? Video of 'alien creature' squirming in a hand goes...
- 18:00 Manchester City v Manchester United: LIVE team news, analysis and...
- 18:00 Barcelona row latest: Statement issued, Luis Enrique involved,...
- 17:58 Man died from multiple organ failure after all-night cocaine binge...
- 17:58 Each of them is a true Braveheart: Meet the North East's most...
- 17:58 Armed police arrest boys carrying imitation gun in city centre
- 17:58 Gas Superstore latest: Worried shoppers comment on closure
- 17:58 Police investigate A590 road traffic collision
- 17:58 Government bid to delay action on lethal pollution in Birmingham...
- 17:58 Birmingham MP Khalid Mahmood taken to court by his assistant
- 17:56 Agent: My player wants to play for Chelsea
- 17:56 Antonio Conte told: Sign this striker in the summer, he'd be better...
- 17:56 TOWIE stars' whopping salaries and net worth revealed - how much do...
- 17:54 Springtime Live 2017: All you need to know
- 17:54 Bomb squad rushes to outskirts of Tamworth after grenade found
- 17:54 Lewis Hamilton inspired by 'awesome' Serena Williams after pregnant...
- 17:54 Lewis Hamilton arrives for Russian GP as F1 star compliments female...
- 17:53 Premier League stats: Every goalkeeper rated by their clean sheet...
- 17:52 Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes boss: Our dominance is over
- 17:49 Locked-up: North Staffordshire criminals jailed in April 2017
- 17:49 Saudis say sending aid to all of Yemen including Houthi areas
- 17:49 Story of 91-year-old Serbian refugee to be told in animation
- 17:49 'Strong and stable' - Why politicians keep repeating themselves
- 17:48 Minister says fond farewell
- 17:48 Wales keeper Nicky Davies in Ynys Mon squad for 2017 Island Games