News from Birmingham Mail
Jaguar Land Rover has been fined £900,000 after one of its workers was crushed between two cars at its Solihull plant. Victim Mark Widnall suffered serious injuries and lost a leg as a result of the incident. The car giant was also ordered to pay £49,864
Despite a desperate need for new recruits, Tony Pulis and West Bromwich Albion are yet to make a signing, with the transfer window set to close in 12 days time. With Jonny Evans, Allan Nyom and Saido Berahino currently unavailable, Pulis has only 14 seni
The best countries for expats have been revealed. The HSBC annual expat explorer report looks at what it's like to be a foreigner living and working in countries around the world. The bank asked YouGov to survey nearly 27,000 expats from 190 countries an
A glaring error on a £2 coin could mean you are potentially sitting on a small fortune. The news comes thanks to a newly discovered printing error on thousands of coins in circulation. Coin experts revealed that a number of 2015 Britannia £2 coins curren
King Edward VI High School for Girls was the best performing school or college when it comes to A Level results in Birmingham and the surrounding area in 2016, based on its average point score per entry, with an average of 46.5. This is roughly equivalen
When and where is Trump's inauguration as President? Donald Trump's inauguration as US President takes place on Friday 20 January at noon local time (5pm GMT). The main ceremony is held at the White House, with the official swearing-in ceremony taking pl
Morrisons have issued an urgent product recall - over potentially deadly cupcakes. The retailer, which has numerous stores across Birmingham, have been forced to pull batches of cupcakes from the shelves as they could be deadly to allergy sufferers. A Fo
With roughly 53,000 pubs in the UK, it's fair to say that we Brits love a drink. But a new survey has found that coffee culture is on the rise as many people now opt for a latte rather than a lager. Over the past five years, the number of coffee shops in
Aston Villa are at the head of the queue for in-demand Bury youngster Jacob Bedeau, according to The Bury Times . Villa are said to be beating off competition from Manchester giants United and City for the 17-year-old defender. Bury are thought to be hol
Aston Villa's Chinese owner Dr Tony Xia WON'T keep bank-rolling the club in the transfer market if he doesn't see success. That's the view of former West Brom star Richard Sneekes who believes that Xia cannot keep up the current spending patterns. He tol
At least 30 people are missing after an avalanche buried a mountain hotel in an earthquake-hit region of central Italy. The civil protection agency said it was working to get rescue vehicles to the Hotel Rigopiano in Abruzzo through roads covered in snow
Over 30 people are missing after an avalanche buried a mountain hotel in an earthquake-hit region of central Italy. The civil protection agency said it was working to get rescue vehicles to the Hotel Rigopiano in Abruzzo through roads covered in snow, jo
Tesco has urgently recalled thousands of popular dinner items over nut allergy fears. The supermarket giant has withdrawn the products from shelves as they contain potentially deadly cashews which are not on the label. The chain’s own brand Takeaway Butt
The morning news headlines: PM in pledge to produce a 'Brexit that works for ordinary people'; Threat in...
PM IN PLEDGE TO PRODUCE A 'BREXIT THAT WORKS FOR ORDINARY PEOPLE' Theresa May has vowed to create a "Brexit that works for ordinary people" as she prepares to publish the Government's industrial strategy next week. The Prime Minister urged...
Video LoadingVideo Unavailable Click to playTap to play The video will start in 8CancelPlay now Watch this video again Video will play in Latest Villa breaking news January 18 Share this video Watch Next Aston Villa made an enquiry about Jordan Rhodes y
- 11:03 Controlled explosions carried out on chemicals at Yorkshire schools
- 11:02 Multi vehicle crash on M1
- 11:02 EU antitrust regulators welcome Amazon, Apple audiobook agreement
- 11:01 Darts: Ross Montgomery happy with Lakeside display despite first...
- 11:01 Badou Jack relinquishes his WBC super-middleweight title to step up...
- 11:01 Paul Pogba's adidas fashion collection almost sells out in a day as...
- 11:01 Is Bob Dylan’s painting taken from a photo of Blackpool’s North Pier?
- 11:01 Ulverston drug dealer and former pub landlady ordered to repay...
- 11:00 Is Bob Dylan’s painting taken from a photo of Blackpool’s North Pier?
- 11:00 Liverpool backed to complete defender transfer in January
- 11:00 Revealed: The best Coventry schools and colleges at A-Level
- 10:59 TRANSFER RUMOURS: Milan want Everton winger, Fonte to West Ham,...
- 10:59 Leeds midfielder transfer hits snag: Garry Monk trying to get it...
- 10:59 Decision to be made on 2,000 home development for ironworks site
- 10:59 Latest updates after M1 is shut due to 'serious collision'
- 10:58 FreeAgent inks accounting software tie-up with RBS
- 10:58 Baggies close in on midfield target
- 10:58 Survey reveals annual fraud and cybercrime figures for first time
- 10:58 Tresham College seeking employers for careers fair next month
- 10:58 Isle of Wight festival line up 2017: Kaiser Chiefs, Texas, The...
- 10:57 Romania in turmoil as protesters march over plans to pardon...
- 10:57 Jaguar Land Rover fined almost £1m after worker crushed
- 10:56 Diamond faced Rolex stolen in burglary
- 10:56 UK tourists scramble to leave Gambia as troops gather
- 10:55 UPDATE 1-Russia's Sistema says plans to list agricultural business
- 10:55 SNEAK PEEK: What’s in this week’s Derbyshire Times...?
- 10:55 Manchester United to pay Antoine Griezmann £216,000-a-week - report
- 10:55 Iraqi sheep, locals, environment suffer Islamic State oil fires
- 10:55 France's Macron to field candidates in all parliamentary...
- 10:55 May start for Peppermint Junction improvement work in Holbeach