News from Birmingham Mail
This is the moment horrified onlookers caught on video the moment a 4x4 was used to ram its way into a bank. Huge clouds of smoke are given off as the silver vehicle is sped up before reversing into the Barclays branch. Shocked onlookers cry out in fear
Pub bombings families face a further wait before finding out if a Coroner will permit the new inquest into the deaths of 21 victims to consider the issue of the perpetrators, which may lead to the suspects being named. Coroner Sir Peter Thornton told the
When Ian Westwood announced his retirement from professional cricket with immediate effect on Monday, it took many people by surprise. Just four days after playing for Warwickshire at Essex, and only two months since making a superb 153 against Surrey in
Jordan Lynch, the popular super-middle whose many outside interests include a professional dog-walking business, was shockingly mauled within two minutes at Aston Villa’s Holte Suite. To add salt to the wounds, Lynch’s conqueror, serial loser Lewis van P
Kundai Benyu looks set to join Celtic from Ipswich Town - ending Aston Villa's interest in the young midfielder. The 19-year-old spent the second half of last season on loan at Aldershot Town as they reached the National League play-offs, though they wer
From grassroots to elite level sport, for those living in and around Birmingham, it is impossible to ignore the impact sport has on the community. The city is home to a number of institutions, programmes and clubs all seeking to encourage people of all a
West Bromwich Albion Under 23s will continue to play 'home' Premier League 2 matches at Kidderminster Harriers next season. The clubs signed a two-year deal last summer which included an 'opt out' clause at the end of the first year. Neither club has exp
On September 20, professionals, amateurs, clubs and managers alike will gather at Birmingham’s iconic Edgbaston Cricket Ground for the return of one of the most hotly anticipated events on the sporting calendar – the 2017 Birmingham Sports Awards ! The B
Let us guess - you love chocolate, right? And you love pizza, yes? Well, how about chocolate pizza? Domino’s have just launched a sweet treat on the menu - and it sounds absolutely incredible. Chocolate pizzas aren’t that unusual these days - you can buy
Video LoadingVideo Unavailable Click to playTap to play The video will start in 8CancelPlay now Police have today sealed off an area outside a Birmingham branch of Barclays Bank. There were unconfirmed reports of a raid on the bank, in Stratford Road, Sp
Birmingham City target Lois Diony has set tongues wagging on social media after he posted a picture of Bordeaux airport. The Dijon striker, who has been extensively linked with a move to Blues, shared an update on his Instagram story arriving at the airp
Alex McLeish believes John Terry’s experience could be invaluable to Aston Villa. The former Villa boss told talkSPORT that even at 36-years-old, Terry could play an important part in the Championship. Villa are regarded as favourites to sign the former
Staff were evacuated after a car caught fire inside the workshop of a popular Birmingham dealership on Thursday. Firefighters were called to Evans Halshaw, on the Lichfield Road, at 10.05am on Thursday morning. Images released by West Midlands Fire Servi
Wolves coach Nuno Espirito Santo is eyeing up a move for talented young Sporting Lisbon winger Iuri Medeiros. The new coach has already used his knowledge of Portugal to sign Roderick Miranda, and now he wants 22-year-old winger Medeiros to join him. The
The Cube has announced it is building a new attraction which is arguably the landmark building’s biggest change since launching in 2010. Owners of the canalside building revealed new plans to renovate two vacant units on the sixth floor, one of which is
- 13:38 Buckshaw retirement residents try out Virual Reality
- 13:37 FMQs: Sturgeon under pressure to apologise for ‘not being straight’...
- 13:37 Bearded Scotsman hunted by police in Cumbria disorder probe
- 13:37 VOTE: Derbyshire still supports smoking ban 10 years on
- 13:37 Is this the best youth game ever? Watch stunning cup final comeback
- 13:36 Well known Doncaster town centre GP dies
- 13:36 Jermain Defoe signs three-year deal at Bournemouth worth £20m...16...
- 13:36 Smarty pants? Children with higher IQ at lower risk of dying from...
- 13:35 Sunderland sale collapses: Ellis Short to remain, Simon Grayson set...
- 13:35 Fire safety checks come back on Cumbrian high rises
- 13:35 6 reasons to leave it all behind and go to beautiful Dominica
- 13:35 John Carver tells Rafa Benitez to sign game-changers from Chelsea...
- 13:34 This Morning viewers INCONSOLABLE as couple get married LIVE up The...
- 13:34 Bemusement arcade
- 13:34 Nigeria: Ogoni widows sue Shell over military crackdown
- 13:34 New parents naming babies after politicians
- 13:34 Specs help give Brian gift of sight
- 13:33 Alexis Sanchez, Lionel Messi and Javier Hernandez – the 40 stars...
- 13:33 Thrill-seekers stuck in mid-air for '45 minutes' on Smiler ride at...
- 13:33 Liverpool Transfer News: Lemar contact made, Sessegnon snub,...
- 13:32 15 treats you can get for free on your birthday
- 13:32 Battle to save Bowland’s skydancers
- 13:32 VOTE: Notts still supports smoking ban 10 years on
- 13:32 Pub bombings families face fresh wait to see if suspects will be...
- 13:32 Watch: Shock moment bank raiders smash silver 4x4 into bank
- 13:31 Nuneaton paedophile jailed for making more than 6,000 child abuse...
- 13:31 It's sofa so good for new furniture store
- 13:31 Donate your old phones to students
- 13:31 Classroom hero award is music to Sir's ears
- 13:30 Uber says never told self-driving car executive to take Waymo files