News from Beverley Guardian
Yorkshire tourism chief Sir Gary Verity has been given a top honour by the French government. The Ordre National du Mérite - National Order of Merit - is second only to the Légion d'Honneur, and is awarded by the President of the French Republic in recog
North Yorkshire Police has said that new national crime figures reveal the area to be the "safest place in England". Stats for offences in England and Wales for the year ending December 2016 were published by the Office of National...
This month, members of the F.ocus Photographic Group have delivered a wide range of different scenes to showcase their skills. From landscapes to seascapes to wonderful waterfalls and resplendent robins, the local amateur photographers have come with the
BRIDLINGTON Fri 28 0635 6.3(m) 1850 6.4(m) Sat 29 0715 6.2(m) 1935 6.2(m) Sun 30 0800 6.0(m) 2025 6.0(m) Mon 01 0845 5.8(m) 2120 5.6(m) Tue 02 0935 5.4(m) 2225 5.3(m) Wed 03 1040 5.1(m) 2345 5.1(m) Thu 04 1205 5.0(m) **** *** Fri 05 0105 5.1(m) 1325 5.1(
A police raid in Leeds earlier this week targeted an illicit drugs laboratory which was believed to be producing contaminated heroin linked to a number of deaths. The National Crime Agency today issued a countrywide warning about a deadly synthetic opioi
Easy-to-use, compact, portable and very effective – defibrillators can be the difference between life and death. Used to treat people in the crucial first few minutes after a heart attack, and before paramedics arrive at the scene - it is reassuring that
The big chill is expected to ease as we head toward the bank holiday weekend. Temperatures are set to rise after a week of cold winds, but the warmer climate will bring with it some mixed and unsettled conditions. Here is our weather package from the Met
Police are appealing for information after a driver did not stop after damaging a BMW in Bridlington Leisure Centre car park. The driver’s side door of the white car was damaged between 2.45pm and 4.45pm on Saturday, April 1. The driver of the offending
Do you have an embarrassing tattoo? Well you could be in luck as Channel 4's Tattoo Fixers are looking for people from Bridlington to appear on the show. Participants will get the chance to have a regrettable tattoo covered up by one of the three top ink
Heroin users are again being warned about deadly batches of the drug being circulated in Yorkshire that police fear dealers are "deliberately contaminating" with substances which could be 200 times more potent. Enquiries have led police to...
THE Tour de Yorkshire will be an opportunity for Yorkshire’s local communities to present themselves and the county to the world as never before, the chief executive of Welcome to Yorkshire says. Sir Gary Verity said the giant “land art” projects planned
As we slowly but surely move towards summer, the days are lengthening and the morning sun is peeping through our curtains and waking us perhaps earlier than some of us would like – in some cases long before we have had our ‘statutory’ eight hours sleep.
Housebuilder McCarthy and Stone, which owns the Chestnut Court development in Bridlington, has received the stars treatment once again. The company has just won a 5* House Builder’s Federation (HBF) award for the twelfth year running – the only housebuil
With the Tour de Yorkshire coming to town it is a great opportunity to think about dusting down the old push bike and checking the lycra for elasticity! It’s always so nice to be able to get out in the evenings to take in the countryside and coast but pl
Two entrepreneurs from Bridlington have an extra bounce in their step after receiving a £5m investment from an EIS fund through Guinness Asset Management, an investment management firm. Michael Harrison and Harvey Jenkinson founded GraVity in 2014 and th
- 15:16 Thunderbirds flying high after title success
- 15:16 Jose Mourinho claims Liverpool have an ‘unfair’ advantage in...
- 15:15 Can you spot the venomous snake camouflaged amongst nature?
- 15:15 North Korean despot Kim Jong-Un’s nuclear tests could trigger...
- 15:15 North Cumbrian headteachers: Cash cuts are having devastating impact
- 15:15 Lancashire recommends.... independent jewellers
- 15:15 Hybrid ‘super-slugs’ are invading British gardens and we can’t stop...
- 15:14 Libyan wealth fund trial against SocGen to start in UK court
- 15:14 Amazon, Alphabet drive Nasdaq to record high
- 15:14 Syrian youth find freedom in Parkour
- 15:14 Two arrested after Crich Post Office robbery
- 15:13 Go with the slow! Cambridge is named as having the slowest traffic...
- 15:13 This man has been crowned the best property dealmaker in Notts
- 15:13 Sheffield hospital trust launches new online disability access guide
- 15:13 Premier League stats: Who has scored the highest percentage of...
- 15:12 Slingsby visitors asked for straw poll on top scarecrows
- 15:12 VIDEO: The start of the 2017 Tour de Yorkshire
- 15:12 Two arrested after Crich Post Office robbery
- 15:12 Sheffield hospital trust launches new online disability access guide
- 15:11 Amazon 'style assistant' divides opinion
- 15:11 Cousins who attacked man in Llanrwst caravan appear in court
- 15:10 Neighbours spoiler: Will Piper get sexually assaulted after tense...
- 15:09 QUICK QUIZ: Seven questions about the last seven days...
- 15:09 Tottenham v Arsenal: 11 players could miss north London derby
- 15:09 Four in hospital after van smashed into bus stop in Clydebank
- 15:09 Two arrested after Crich Post Office robbery
- 15:09 Why parents could be entitled to a £2,000 windfall from the Government
- 15:09 Why your Vauxhall Zafira could be a fire risk - and how to check
- 15:09 Customers see their money disappear on Natwest banking app
- 15:09 Why you should never use these names for your children's 'privates'