News from Beverley Guardian
The new man in charge of Bridlington’s shopping centre has said customers are ‘in for a treat’ this summer. Carl Brown has been appointed the new manager of the Promenades, and is preparing for the precinct’s busiest time of year. One of his first jobs w
More gardens than in previous years - and more visitors. Bridlington Old Town’s Secret Gardens has blossomed into an event which attracts hundreds of visitors. This year’s weekend raised more than £3,000 a record-breaking total. Organiser Phyllis Foster
Staff and pupils at Headlands School put their running kit on to complete their own version of the Race For Life. They clocked up 5km in an event organised by Year 11 student Sophie Coates, who has lost six family members to cancer in the past year. She
Flamborough RNLI crew came to the rescue of seven people and two dogs in the space of 40 minutes over the weekend. The crew were paged at 4.40pm on Saturday June 24 to reports of four people cut off by the wide between South Landing and Flamborough Head.
This month marks the tenth anniversary of the devastating floods which affected the lives of thousands of residents across the East Riding. On June 25 2007, following days of heavy rainfall on already saturated ground, another downpour created a deluge t
More than 100 soliders from the Yorkshire Regiment will march through Bridlington on Friday, their final ceremonial parade before a tour of Afghanistan at the end of July. Exercising the rights given to the regiment through having the Freedom of Bridling
When a hugely popular music teacher Jodie Cappleman sadly passed away earlier this year, Bridlington School colleagues and pupils made a pledge at her funeral that the show must go on, now staff and students are vowing to make the show the best the schoo
The Bin It! 2017 roadshow visited Headlands – and the whole of year 7 and 8 took part. David Stamper said: “It was an entertaining and educational live performance that tackled the challenging problems about litter in the most sustainable way – by changi
This month the talented amateur photographers at YFoto club have produced another varied set of images for the Free Press readers to enjoy. Street fare was taken by Chris Rushton at an Old Town event while John Hudson, Robert Graham and Peter Toney took
A funding crisis gripping schools across rural Yorkshire has led to grave fears that countryside communities will witness a succession of closures as financial deficits spiral and pupil numbers dramatically reduce. In the past six months, four small scho
ArtWaves is a visual art festival celebrating the life and colour of East Yorkshire showcasing traditional art forms with digital, contemporary and urban art. The team from the Robert Fuller Gallery in Thixendale demonstrated techniques exploring the wor
Are you looking for love? Well you could be in luck as Channel 4's First Dates is looking for people from Bridlington to appear on the show. Producers of the popular dating show are to start casting next month ahead of a new series of both First Dates an
BRIDLINGTON Fri 23 0420 5.9(m) 1645 6.0(m) Sat 24 0510 6.0(m) 1740 6.1(m) Sun 25 0600 6.1(m) 1830 6.1(m) Mon 26 0645 6.2(m) 1925 6.1(m) Tue 27 0730 6.1(m) 2015 6.0(m) Wed 28 0815 6.0(m) 2105 5.8(m) Thu 29 0905 5.8(m) 2155 5.5(m) Fri 30 0955 5.5(m) 2250 5
Runaway trolleys popping up around Bridlington are becoming a common sight but now a humorous campaign has been set up to tackle the issue. Oliver Stone, of Bridlington, penned an open letter to Morrison’s supermarket following a rise in the number of th
Filmed in Scarborough – the all-star 1998 film brings back fond memories. The stage version of Little Voice continues to beguile the British public. The latest rendering at the Stephen Joseph Theatre elicited that rare accolade in Scarborough – a standin
- 02:52 Brad Pitt and Sienna Miller 'secretly dating' after romantic...
- 02:52 Braless Pixie Lott returns to her hot pink hue as she dazzles in...
- 02:52 Love Island viewers brand Amber Davies an 'utter snake' as they...
- 02:52 Braless Rita Ora suffers fashion faux pas as she flashes skimpy...
- 02:52 Cue the ex! Love Island's Chloe Crowhurst faces awkward run in with...
- 02:52 'You know it's gone downhill when a moth is the highlight': BB fans...
- 02:52 Kate Beckinsale's daughter Lily, 18, shows off her sunburn in a...
- 02:52 Ready or not, Indian businesses brace for biggest-ever tax reform
- 02:40 Challenges? Finding time tops the lot for Wild Fire Pizza founder...
- 02:40 Top quality livestock on display in the Fair City
- 02:40 Fife farmer wins top soil award
- 02:40 Local priorities must not be lost
- 02:40 Exclusive - China's CNPC suspends fuel sales to North Korea as...
- 02:40 Lawrie & Symington marks 150 years in business
- 02:40 Courier Business Awards entry deadline looms
- 02:40 A long and rocky economic road
- 02:40 How to get off to a good start with your salary
- 02:40 Transport giants to face off for rail franchise
- 02:38 Fatherland: Searching for the soul of England's lads and dads
- 02:23 The Grenfell survivor rebuilding his life, two weeks on
- 02:23 U.S. says needs to work together with China on North Korea, trade
- 02:13 Helicopter 'attacks' Venezuelan court
- 02:09 North Korea developing HYDROGEN BOMB capable of causing blast as...
- 01:58 Turkish troops amass on Syrian border 'returning fire on Kurdish...
- 01:55 Arsene Wenger believes Thomas Lemar signing will convince Kylian...
- 01:53 London fire: Fire safety risk inspections pointless, says expert
- 01:52 Asia stocks pressured as Wall Street hit by healthcare vote delay
- 01:51 Willenhall school 'riot' saw teacher injured by pupils
- 01:47 Rangers midfielder Andy Halliday set for season-long loan to...
- 01:42 Goodwood Festival of Speed 2017: Ticket prices, cars and who's...