News from Beverley Guardian
It's a sport played by wizards - but Muggles can try their hand at Quidditch in Leeds. A brand-new league based on the game, which features in the Harry Potter books, is recruiting players in the city. A franchise known as the Yorkshire Roses will compet
New tax rules will end up costing South Yorkshire motorists hundreds of pounds when they come into force in April. DVLA’s VED is set for an overhaul that means cars that previously dodged a bill will now be liable with environmental vehicle excise duty i
Last week’s release of highly anticipated data from the USDA (published last Thursday) brought mixed messages. While global grain markets were supported by the news that this year’s US winter wheat area was forecast at a 100 year low, upward revisions to
Part of the spectacular opening ceremony from Hull’s year as the UK City of Culture will be reproduced in Bridlington tomorrow night. The historic Priory Church will be transformed into a giant canvas to showcase photographs which formed part of the Hull
An inspirational Bridlington lad said he was “over the moon” with a £1,000 donation to a charity close to his heart. Josh Beasley, 19, had already amassed more than £2,500 for the Huntington’s Disease Association. And today (Wednesday January 18), the Mo
So far, there has been plenty of reluctance and not a lot of running. Gyms terrify me. I know they are no longer dark and intimidating places filled with people who look like they should be on World’s Strongest Man over Christmas. But they are still some
This is how all Hackney carriages will look in the East Riding within four years. Councillors agreed on Tuesday that the fleet of 145 taxis operating in the county should have a uniform look. Drivers can apply for a grant of between £300 and £500 to help
Bridlington’s first Diverse arts festival was so successful that organisers are hoping to make it an annual event. Saturday’s eight-hour event in the Spa Royal Hall aimed to create a place where people of all abilities could come together and showcase th
Bridlington’s newest takeaway opened on Monday and sold out of all its food on the first day. But it wasn’t pizzas and kebabs which were heading out the door - because the Fit Pit is the town’s first healthy takeaway. The premises in Promenade is trying
First Marmite, then Jamie’s Italian and now Apple users are set to feel the financial consequence of Brexit as apps are set to rise by 25 per cent. The upcoming changes to the App Store will see the prices of apps and in-app purchases rise as a result of
Fylde coast business leaders have called for business as usual in the wake of Prime Minister Theresa May’s keynote speech about Brexit. They have urged the PM to ensure there is no sudden block on trade with the EU and to make sure that EU nationals work
It was a dream debut for Bridlington Town’s new local hero. Jake Day scored a hat-trick in his first appearance for the Seasiders, as they beat Albion Sports 4-2 at Queensgate on Tuesday night. He said: “If you are deciding what you want to happen as a s
Thousands of UK holidaymakers are set to be flown home from The Gambia due to growing political unrest. The Foreign and Commonwealth Office is warning against “all non-essential travel” to the west African nation due to potential military intervention fo
Staff at Muntons’ Jewison Lane malting plant are celebrating after breaking through the 100,000-tonne barrier for the first time. The company has revealed that 102,922 tonnes of malt were produced at the Bridlington-based site. When the plant was first b
Businesses and community groups still have time to book their place on a roadshow designed to help Bridlington make the most of this year’s Tour de Yorkshire. The three-day race begins outside The Spa at the end of April and the roadshow will be held in
- 12:18 From no food to roast dinners... the surgery that let me eat again:...
- 12:18 Air cadets show skills
- 12:18 Ivanka Trump: Donald’s daughter in pictures from child model to...
- 12:17 Chelsea have 'no doubts' over Diego Costa's commitment, says...
- 12:17 Ben Stokes fireworks help England set India 322 to win final one...
- 12:17 Roger Federer progresses to Australian Open quarter-final after...
- 12:16 School places issue in the political spotlight
- 12:14 It’s an unfolding miracle for Dakota
- 12:13 Winter restoration projects at historic Cumbrian hall are nearing...
- 12:13 Super-agent Jorge Mendes in talks with Chelsea over Diego Costa...
- 12:11 British woman’s five-year prison sentence on ‘secret...
- 12:11 Hat-trick of venues in the running for wedding award
- 12:11 Care home is rated as good after recent CQC inspection
- 12:11 Foul-mouthed woman assaulted hospital receptionist after bust-up...
- 12:10 Wrexham AFC fans left to wonder what might have been
- 12:09 2017 property crash would see £399 a week wiped off UK property values
- 12:08 ‘We need volunteers’: Burgh-le-Marsh Carnival is back
- 12:08 East Midlands Air Ambulance in demand
- 12:08 One in 13 has Type 2 diabetes, new figures show
- 12:08 New football academy will offer practical training and study in Oakham
- 12:08 Museum is back in business for 2017
- 12:07 MK Dons 5 Northampton Town 3 – match review, player ratings and...
- 12:07 Ministers covered up failed Trident test before crucial vote
- 12:05 Heydour Parish Hall hosts ’20s era jazz quintet
- 12:04 Jack Wilshere says Wayne Rooney is the best he’s played with and...
- 12:02 Police believe missing man could be in Cumbria
- 12:01 Hall ready to embark on revenge mission
- 12:01 Hugill hails PNE's character after firing them to Aston Villa point
- 12:01 Chorley 2, Altrincham 0
- 12:00 Indonesian authorities detain 17 nationals returning from Syria