News from Beverley Guardian
A policeman is believed to have been stabbed in a terror attack in London today. Parliament has been suspended after gunshots were heard outside the Palace of Westminster this afternoon. Sources claim an assailant armed with a knife stabbed a police offi
A Brexit inspired piano concert will get it's world premiere with a free public performance in Yorkshire - but we are giving you an exclusive preview on Facebook Live. We want your Brexit views, via comments, during a special Question Time-style debate w
Bridlington’s Senna Proctor will make his debut in the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship in 2017, following in the footsteps of his father Mark who competed in the series a decade ago. Having finished as runner-up in the Ginetta Junior Champion
A masterplan for Bridlington’s future, which will see almost 1,500 new homes built to the north of the town, will be made public on Monday. Residents will then have six weeks to have their say on the plans, which will see a new link road built connecting
Bridlington Golf Club’s future is looking brighter after it was given planning permission for a new hotel and housing development on the Belvedere course. Councillors had been advised to turn down the scheme, but they went against the recommendation, whi
The Met Office has issued a weather warning for parts of north Yorkshire as heavy snow makes its way across the country. Heavy rain is expected to turn into wintry showers, with many parts of the north already covered in a white blanket this morning. Her
Motorists can keep on the lookout for fixed and mobile speed camera route across the East Riding. Camera locations for this week to Sunday: Beeford - A165 / A163 (30) Beverley - Victoria Road (30) Beverley - A1174 (30) Bishop Burton - A1079 (60) Bridling
The stunning coastline around Bridlington will be used to try to get people more active this spring. The scheme will launch at Easter and aims to get people out and about, either walking and exploring the area, or joining in with organised sporting activ
New research has revealed just 16% of parents score full marks in an 11 Plus quiz. But how will you fare? Here are six questions taken from the 11 Plus to find out if you are as smart as an 11 year old...
Fund-raisers are planning to cycle the length of the Tour de Yorkshire route without leaving the start line. Members of Bridlington Tourism Association and staff from the Spa will be pedalling 490km on exercise bikes in aid of the Alzheimers Society. Six
Millions of modern children have already had their first taste of olives, hummus and quinoa before the age of five, a study has found. Today’s youngsters are having more exotic and adventurous food from an early age than in previous generations, with man
Investigations are under way after a white Moda Stretto racing bike was stolen from a garage in Bridlington. The burglary happened on Rosebery Avenue between 7pm on Monday, March 13 and noon on Wednesday, March 15. Humberside Police said Makita chop saw
Wakefield has been revealed as the sixth most faithful city in the UK. York, with 5.67% of its population cheating, is Yorkshire’s most adulterous city, and the 11th most adulterous city in the UK. With 1.35% of its adult population cheating, Harrogate i
From thrillers to comedies and superheroes, we have already been treated to some big releases this year. However, with another nine months to go, there’s plenty more to come!
Yorkshire weather: It's officially the first day of spring... so expect some snow and wintry showers this week
THE Equinox heralded the first day of spring today, just as weather experts warned of a cold snap that could see snow falling across the county this week. On what is officially the first day of spring, the Met Office has urged caution as temperatures plu
- 00:24 Less than half of women breastfeed after two months, survey finds
- 00:23 Brexit vote: Single market benefit 'largely imaginary'
- 00:22 Lukas Podolski insists his fairytale ending for Germany was 'like...
- 00:22 Thomas Muller admits Lukas Podolski's fairytale farewell game for...
- 00:22 One in four waiting for an inheritance before they can buy a house
- 00:22 Yorkshire ‘postcode lottery’ means patients must get fatter to have...
- 00:21 Derby firm EightPixelsSquare hoping to score a success with new...
- 00:21 London terrorist attack - Derby man waits for news of his friends...
- 00:20 Germany says its current account surplus will shrink in coming years
- 00:19 Moderate drinkers less likely to suffer from heart problems,...
- 00:19 'Super-obesity' required factor in some cases before weight loss...
- 00:18 Headingley experts set to offer advice
- 00:18 Report reveals NHS failing Down’s syndrome patients
- 00:18 Sarra Hoy becomes premature birth charity ambassador
- 00:16 Triumphs of science fiction’s collective imagination
- 00:16 Much to admire in diva’s biodrama
- 00:16 A Woolf at the door of greatness
- 00:16 Rugby Union: NZ opts out of playing England in November
- 00:16 Bronze confident of beating Fortuna
- 00:16 ILO extends probe into labour laws
- 00:16 Rehabilitating George Bush and Tony Blair
- 00:16 ‘I don’t want no peace, I want rights and justice’
- 00:16 Did Orwell steal from a communist artist?
- 00:16 Labour forces another U-turn
- 00:16 Sudoku 3703 hard
- 00:16 Turkey, al-Qaida and the US all launch fresh offensives
- 00:16 Eurozone chief faces fury over insults
- 00:16 Venezuela: US diplomats ‘seek anti-Maduro allies’
- 00:16 Bosses told to give back job to abused nurse
- 00:16 State pension age could be raised to 70, says report