News from Berwickshire News
0 Have your say Police have given an assurance that officers will be on duty in Coldstream for next year’s torchlight and firework event. Coldstream Community Council received complaints from residents in the Market Square area about a group of between 3
0 Have your say The former first president of Rotary Club of Eyemouth has been elected district governor nominee for 2017-2018. This means that in 2019-20 Jo Pawley will be the first district governor of Rotary district 1020. Jo is pictured above in 2012
0 Have your say The £1.2m saving NHS Borders hoped to make on its prescription budget for 2016-17 looks likely to be achieved. A report to its health And social care integration joint board this week indicated that despite cost pressures, the savings sho
0 Have your say The increased number of courses available at Northumberland College’s Berwick centre is attracting more young people from the Borders to enrol there, say its bosses. Berwick centre manager Tracy Girdwood said: “We have students from Berwi
Head outside one evening this weekend and you may well see the annual Orionids meteor shower in Britain’s skies. Gaze upwards and – if the weather remains clear – you’ll be treated to up to 25 shooting stars an hour as the Earth intersects the orbit of H
0 Have your say Berwick Harbour Commission has objected to a proposed Scottish Government ban on net fishing for wild salmon in 2017. Gardo fishery, owned by the commission, is the only remaining net salmon fishery in the Tweed estuary. It was resurrecte
Ageing lothario, nightclub impresario and leopard-print fan Peter Stringfellow turned 76 this week. Famous for his wild mane of blond hair, penchant for younger ladies (his current wife is 34) and age-defying antics, Stringfellow is not your average pens
0 Have your say Cross-border ambulance services are developing a formal protocol for responding to calls in north Northumberland. The protocol aims to formalise the existing mutual support arrangements between the North East Ambulance Service and the Sco
0 Have your say Belhaven Bikes of Dunbar has been named in the Great British High Street of the Year Awards’ top 10 shops on Twitter. It was nominated by customers and the judges, Twitter UK and the UK Government’s Department for Communities and Local Go
0 Have your say Eight Scottish local authorities have banned the use of Chinese lanterns because of the risk they pose to crops and livestock, but Scottish Borders Council has no plans to implement such a ban. NFU Scotland is writing to them and all Scot
A disgruntled worker broke into his employer’s premises and stole £5,000 worth of tools and mechanical equipment in a dispute over unpaid wages. ROYAL MAIL DRIVER FINED A Royal Mail driver has been fined £300 for knocking down an elderly woman at the ent
0 Have your say An acceptable business plan for reopening Reston and East Linton railway stations is the final ingredient needed to make that hope a reality, campaigners have been told. Scottish transport minister Humza Yousaf said recently: “I remain co
0 Have your say As Eyemouth lifeboat station marks 140 years of saving lives at sea, a Royal National Lifeboat Institution bronze medal awarded to a crew member in 1917 has been given to it. In January 1876, the RNLI’s management committee approved the f
0 Have your say Back in August Chirnside Chasers Athletics Club started their biggest challenge yet when they commenced a 48 hour continuous charity relay run. Over the course of the weekend around 100 people ran the 7.3 mile route through the centre of
0 Have your say Eyemouth’s 78 widows and 182 fatherless bairns will for ever look out on Eyemouth Bay where 129 of the town’s fishermen lost their lives on October 14, 1881. The final 125 Memorial Association bronze statues to commemorate Black Friday, t
- 21:23 Leicester 27-17 Racing 92: Freddie Burns inspires the Tigers to...
- 21:23 Andy Murray misses out on £204,000 jackpot as Dominic Thiem wins...
- 21:22 Strictly beats X Factor in ratings battle with more than 10m viewers
- 21:22 What did Jose Mourinho say to Antonio Conte? Man United boss...
- 21:22 Everyone should read this woman’s devastating post about...
- 21:22 Chester MP: 'I have not always had full confidence in Jeremy Corbyn'
- 21:21 Ten places to go for a Christmas party in Derby
- 21:19 Staffordshire Police first force in UK to be awarded accolade for...
- 21:15 Strictly beats X Factor in ratings battle with more than 10m viewers
- 21:15 Dad's Army creator Jimmy Perry dies aged 93 after short illness
- 21:14 Tragedy as little girl who lived life with a smile dies just three...
- 21:07 Richard Cockerill praises Freddie Burns after Racing 92 win
- 21:03 Police arrest 18 Old Firm fans after Hampden derby clash
- 21:03 Richard Cockerill praises Freddie Burns after Racing 92 win
- 21:02 Is Pochettino regretting letting him go? Spurs loanee scores a belter
- 21:01 Mum of teenager viciously attacked in city centre launches appeal...
- 21:00 Saudi King, Venezuelan president discuss oil market stability
- 21:00 Greek PPC confirms two bids for stake in power grid operator ADMIE
- 21:00 Rockwell Collins buys B/E Aerospace for $62 per share
- 20:58 For AT&T, Time Warner was always on the menu
- 20:57 Dai Young praises Wasps hero Jimmy Gopperth after Toulouse late show
- 20:56 Mobile phone policy crackdown at Derby school after cyberbullying...
- 20:53 Desperate woman to auction off VIRGINITY for £325k after family...
- 20:52 Northolt armed stand-off ends as police enter house
- 20:52 Toulouse 20-20 Wasps: Nathan Hughes scores last-gasp try to rescue...
- 20:47 Battle for Mosul: 'Mad Max' suicide squads are blown to oblivion on...
- 20:43 Manchester City fan claims he never wanted Pep Guardiola following...
- 20:42 Georgie the cat escaped death by millimetres after she was shot...
- 20:35 Tributes to popular Aberystwyth father-of-three who died in Spain
- 20:35 Indonesian lorises 'saved from sale on Facebook'