News from Berwickshire News
0 Have your say It’s time to dust off your treasures and get along to the BBC’s Antiques Roadshow when it visits Floors Castle in Kelso on Thursday, July 6. The doors open at 9.30am and close at 4.30pm. Entry to the show is free, everyone is welcome, and
0 Have your say Reivers Fish Bar at Duns has risen from the ashes of a devastating fire last July and reopened this week just in time for the town’s summer festival. The past year has been a tough one for fish bar owners Andrew and Rhona Mitchell. Immedi
0 Have your say Higher Education Minister Shirley-Anne Somerville has welcomed the publication of new statistics showing 91% of Scotland’s university graduates are going into positive destinations. Statistics released by the Higher Education Statistics A
0 Have your say Two UK Coastguard teams, Dunbar lifeboat and a coastguard search and rescue helicopter were called out after five people were cut off by the tide at Pease Bay yesterday, Wednesday, June 28. The alarm was raised just after 6pm after two ad
0 Have your say Scotland’s biggest birthday party of the year is being thrown this weekend and has all the ingredients for success as Scottish Women’s Institutes marks 100 years of its organisation. Who better to throw the nation’s biggest birthday party
0 Have your say New research by rail union RMT has found that approximately fifty four million hours, the equivalent to 6154 years, of passengers time are wasted each year due to delays on the rail network caused by train operating company and infrastruc
0 Have your say A Mini Music Festival is to be held on Sunday, July 2, in aid of Berwick Animal Rescue Kennels. The event will take place at Castlehills Farm, Berwick, from 1pm to 6pm. Among the bands playing will be the popular acoustic duo Summerland,
0 Have your say Nearly one in six adults rely on their plastic for financial survival as debt worries grow, new research1 from financial services insight specialist Consumer Intelligence shows. Its study found that 80% of the population has a credit card
0 Have your say Local children are being offered the chance to bring the past to life thanks to an innovative project delivered by Live Borders Archives and Local History Service. Following on from the hugely popular animation workshop held at Hawick Lib
0 Have your say Enjoy an evening of traditional Scottish music at The Cross Keys Hotel, Kelso, on July 17. Fèis Rois, one of Scotland’s leading traditional arts organisations, present a live performance from some outstanding young musicians from across S
0 Have your say Join Damp Knight Improv in their latest comedy special, Alien Abducktion, at The Maltings, Berwick. In a ludicrous show that will have you rolling in the aisles with laughter at their signature brand of insane improvised comedy, the talen
0 Have your say Scottish Folk ‘n Roll band Scocha are to give a concert for Earlston Civic Week on July 7. Based in Hawick the band have a dedicated base of fans who faithfully follow the band wherever they play. The name of the band is derived from the
0 Have your say People across Scotland are overwhelmingly in favour of tougher legal penalties for criminals who abuse older people, new research by Action on Elder Abuse shows. Almost 93% of respondents in Scotland said they would like to see elder abus
0 Have your say After seeing generations of local youngsters educated within its walls, Duns Primary School finally closes its doors to pupils this week. Primary and nursery school pupils will start the new term in August in the recently-converted former
0 Have your say Local lad Jack Hamilton has shown that hard work pays off as he put pen to paper with newly promoted SPFL Championship side Livingston. The young striker, from Coldingham, started playing with Eyemouth from under-7s to under-12s then move
- 13:40 Hillsborough: Tony Bland's family 'hugely disappointed' by no charges
- 13:39 Kremlin: Putin, Trump to meet on sidelines of G20 summit
- 13:39 Former Mayor of Pendle suspended over racist joke share
- 13:38 Wakefield grandmother's last minute dream meeting with Sir Cliff...
- 13:38 Yorkshire weather: Wet and windy but good news for the weekend
- 13:38 Buckshaw retirement residents try out Virual Reality
- 13:37 FMQs: Sturgeon under pressure to apologise for ‘not being straight’...
- 13:37 Bearded Scotsman hunted by police in Cumbria disorder probe
- 13:37 VOTE: Derbyshire still supports smoking ban 10 years on
- 13:37 Is this the best youth game ever? Watch stunning cup final comeback
- 13:36 Well known Doncaster town centre GP dies
- 13:36 Jermain Defoe signs three-year deal at Bournemouth worth £20m...16...
- 13:36 Smarty pants? Children with higher IQ at lower risk of dying from...
- 13:35 Sunderland sale collapses: Ellis Short to remain, Simon Grayson set...
- 13:35 Fire safety checks come back on Cumbrian high rises
- 13:35 6 reasons to leave it all behind and go to beautiful Dominica
- 13:35 John Carver tells Rafa Benitez to sign game-changers from Chelsea...
- 13:34 This Morning viewers INCONSOLABLE as couple get married LIVE up The...
- 13:34 Bemusement arcade
- 13:34 Nigeria: Ogoni widows sue Shell over military crackdown
- 13:34 New parents naming babies after politicians
- 13:34 Specs help give Brian gift of sight
- 13:33 Alexis Sanchez, Lionel Messi and Javier Hernandez – the 40 stars...
- 13:33 Thrill-seekers stuck in mid-air for '45 minutes' on Smiler ride at...
- 13:33 Liverpool Transfer News: Lemar contact made, Sessegnon snub,...
- 13:32 15 treats you can get for free on your birthday
- 13:32 Battle to save Bowland’s skydancers
- 13:32 VOTE: Notts still supports smoking ban 10 years on
- 13:32 Pub bombings families face fresh wait to see if suspects will be...
- 13:32 Watch: Shock moment bank raiders smash silver 4x4 into bank