News from Berwickshire News
0 Have your say A 31 year old Berwick man was killed in a fatal road accident on the A1 at Burnmouth in the early hours of Saturday morning. Police Scotland confirmed that Paul Thomas Johnson died when his Renault Clio, which was travelling north on the
0 Have your say To celebrate World Book Day’s 20th anniversary (March 2) vet charity PDSA has teamed up with award-winning children’s writer Hilary Robinson to launch its annual writing competition. The competition is open to budding young writers, aged
0 Have your say Calling all petrol heads! Have you ever watched Top Gear or The Grand Tour and thought, “I could do that”? This could be your big opportunity! The 2017 Monte Carlo or Bust Banger Rally is now open for entries and organisers are hopeful of
0 Have your say Research from Co-op Insurance has revealed that 91% of homeowners think their house value has increased since they bought it - by an average of £27,542. Nationally, the study which questioned 1,000 UK homeowners has found that 31% of home
0 Have your say From bribing their kids through the school gates with fizzy drinks and biscuits to leaving them to fend for themselves over breakfast, new research hears the shocking confessions of Scottish working parents. Describing the mornings as ‘st
0 Have your say There has been a marked improvement in Care Inspectorate gradings for Borders care homes over the past two years. A report that went before Scottish Borders Council’s executive this week revealed that 75% of the region’s homes were graded
0 Have your say Millions of office workers are eating the same lunch every single day, a study commissioned by New Covent Garden Soup has found. Researchers found that a lack of inspiration, convenience and cost means millions of workers are tucking into
0 Have your say Valentine’s day was chosen for the ceremony of the first Loving Our Volunteer Awards organised by the Borders Volunteer Centre. Funded by the Big Lottery Fund’s ‘Celebrate’ programme and held at Kelso’s Ednam House Hotel, volunteers in ei
0 Have your say With 16,000 farmers the length and breadth of Scotland, there’s a rich seam of talent in our country. And it’s that seam Eilidh MacPherson tapped into to create her latest book, 300 Farmers of Scotland. The editor of a bi-monthly magazine
0 Have your say A pop-up dining experience offering the best of locally-sourced food and drink is on the menu at Gasparro’s Restaurant, in Bridge Street, Berwick, on Friday and Saturday, February 24 and 25. Promoted by the Mouth of the Tweed food initiat
A Coldingham caravan park has been given a jobs and funding boost after being taken over by bespoke holiday operator Verdant Leisure. Crosslaw Caravan Park has been sold to the company for an undisclosed sum after being run by Rodger Fish and Son for ove
0 Have your say Prosecco lovers have no reason to panic over a predicted price hike. Because a new ‘pro’ wine has been launched for customers with a taste for fizz. ‘Progrigio’ – a mix of Prosecco and Pinot Grigio – will hit the aisles in Asda stores fro
0 Have your say Local charities, community groups and schools are being encouraged to apply for a share of £2.5million to support organisations helping people in disadvantaged communities gain skills and opportunities. Applications are currently open for
0 Have your say A major charity initiative is urging families across Scotland to get active in their area to help protect their wellbeing. A UK-wide survey commissioned by the National Charity Partnership, a collaboration between Diabetes UK, the British
0 Have your say Berwick Old Bridge is set to close to vehicles for up to two weeks for essential investigations into the overall condition of the historic structure. The work, scheduled to begin on Monday, April 3, is part of Northumberland County Counci
- 13:17 Apparently a musical note featured in the Star Trek soundtrack can...
- 13:17 Beauty queen’s 15,000ft leap for good cause
- 13:16 VIDEO: Notts protesters try to stop council tree cull
- 13:16 West Yorkshire Police host dangerous dogs conference amid "rising...
- 13:15 SS-GB: What is the real history behind the Nazi drama? What were...
- 13:15 X Factor singer to host a Leyland fund-raiser for the Bennet family
- 13:15 Phillip Schofield IN SHOCK as Gino D’Campo urges him to have a ‘big...
- 13:14 Cops being recruited in Barrow: how you can apply
- 13:14 RBS shares bounce as it reveals it won't sell off Williams & Glyn...
- 13:14 Pensioners could be left thousands of pounds poorer as government...
- 13:14 Shigellosis: Everything you need to know about this highly...
- 13:14 Foodies flock to Festival of Food, Drink and Rhubarb
- 13:14 Yorkshire Tea teapots recalled after reports of 'breaking'
- 13:13 London ranked seventh worst city in the world for traffic jams
- 13:13 Man flees with dog as severe fire rips through Staffordshire house
- 13:13 Ben Stokes sets record price for an overseas player in IPL
- 13:13 Do Not Disturb: Macdonald Resort, Aviemore
- 13:12 Trump defends himself over SWEDEN terror claims and cites Fox News...
- 13:12 Man taken to hospital after attack on Chestnut Street in Deighton
- 13:12 In the courts of Lincolnshire...
- 13:11 "Wrexham AFC are a good side, we had to keep ourselves in the game"
- 13:10 Why it is now harder to illegally stream football and movies
- 13:10 Undercover police sting snared 'predatory' man trying to incite...
- 13:09 How can we alter farming practices in upland Wales to ensure its...
- 13:09 ‘Homeless’ begging gang pictured getting out of car together before...
- 13:09 VIDEO: Notts protesters try to stop council tree cull
- 13:09 Paedophile David Sutton smuggles blade into Hull court dock on...
- 13:09 Arson investigation after elderly man's mobility scooter set-alight
- 13:08 Joey Essex just swore live on This Morning – because of a ‘f**king...
- 13:08 Lucas Perez wants to leave Arsenal ‘at any cost’, confirms...