News from Berwick Advertiser
Mitch is one of several Jack Russells ranging in age from under a year to 12 years looking for a new home. All of the dogs have different and varied personalities. To offer a home contact Berwick Animal Rescue Kennels on 01289 306299.
Both Berwick lifeboats were launched today after reports that a vessel was aground. The boats were launched at 12.57pm to go to the aid of a yacht which was reported aground in the surf at the pier end. The vessel, with three people onboard, had managed
A man suffered serious head injuries after being attacked early this morning. Police were called to Stanley Street in Blyth at about 3.20am where a man had been assaulted. He was taken to hospital with a head injury and his condition was today described
Northumberland County Council has defended its salary payments for senior officers in response to figures from the TaxPayers’ Alliance (TPA). The group has gone through data for local authorities across the UK and its tables include the number of employe
HospiceCare North Northumberland is the worthy cause being supported by the next Wooler Wheel Borderlands Sportive on May 13. In the last 12 months, the Hospice at Home Service nurses have delivered more than 7,000 hours of care and support across north
Fourth Berwick upon Tweed Guides enjoyed a visit to Brackenside Farm, near Lowick, run by the Barber family, just before Easter. The girls were given a tour of the farm and the lambing sheds. Leader Gillian Ridley said: “The girls enjoyed feeding some of
Plans for a hand car wash and valeting operation at Tesco in Tweedmouth have been approved by Northumberland County Council. The plan will result in the loss of nine parking spaces. Berwick Town Council made no objection.
Plans to convert part of Berwick’s former council offices into a single residential unit have been submitted, Northumberland County Council has made an application for prior approval for change of use for the former information centre at Wallace Green. T
Seventy horses and riders have taken part in Berwick’s annual Riding of the Bounds. The cavalcade set off on a 15-mile patrol of the town’s ancient boundaries after receiving permission from Mayor Ivor Dixon. Leading the way was chief marshal Bethany Inn
A former mayor of Berwick has died after a short illness. Alderman Peter Herdman, who was awarded an MBE in 2011, passed away on Friday. He and his wife, Barbara, were honoured for their voluntary service to health care over more than three decades. Pete
Renowned Berwick photographer, historian and author Jim Walker is donating a lifetime’s collection of memorabilia to the town. It is hoped the many cameras and other photographic equipment, some of it antique and very rare, along with hundreds of monochr
Sadly yet another stray snake has been found, this time at East Ord. This one isn’t in great condition and has been suffering for some time. Again, it is a cornsnake and quite orange in colour. If you have any information on an owner please contact the k
Bank holiday drivers are facing long delays after an accident closed part of the A1 this morning. The southbound carriageway between junction 61 Bowburn and junction 60 Bradbury, in County Durham, was closed at around 8.20am. Highways England closed the
Amended plans to build two properties on land adjoining a former pub have been submitted. It is now intended to build a pair of one-and-a-half storey semi-detached homes next to The Grove on Etal Road, Tweedmouth. It is a resubmission of an application w
Northumberland pubs are being celebrated as traditional coaching inns of historical significance in the latest publication from the Campaign for Real Ale, Historic Coaching Inns of the Great North by acclaimed beer writer Roger Protz. Three pubs in North
- 07:29 Man City news and transfer rumours LIVE Sergio Aguero injury latest...
- 07:26 Two dead and six injured after gunman opens fire during pool party
- 07:24 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho threatens to play Reserves...
- 07:23 Thierry Henry: Tottenham must copy Chelsea to have power shift over...
- 07:23 Having mates key to overcoming life’s challenges
- 07:22 Tour de Yorkshire 2017: Photos and videos from Stage 3
- 07:21 Council starts fining people £100 for walking more than four dogs...
- 07:21 Jamie Redknapp: Antonio Conte is lucky to have this Chelsea duo
- 07:20 Broken-down tram causing delays to all services
- 07:20 DRIVER ALERT: Mobile speed camera sites across North Lincolnshire...
- 07:20 HS2 launch £2.75 billion contract to design trains for the project
- 07:20 A new way to help out rescue dogs in North Lincolnshire
- 07:20 North Lincolnshire band celebrate being crowned champions
- 07:20 Parents of six-year-old boy in fundraising plea
- 07:18 Warning to 'look while you cook' after serious fire in Shobnall...
- 07:18 Number of public access defibrillators on the increase across region
- 07:17 Birmingham City digest: Harry Redknapp's future; Friendly...
- 07:17 Aston Villa digest: January signings rated; Celtic goalkeeper...
- 07:16 Eminem sues New Zealand governing party over Lose Yourself
- 07:14 Having mates key to overcoming life’s challenges
- 07:14 Matthew Bates confident Hartlepool United can beat Doncaster Rovers
- 07:13 Barcelona target two Premier League clubs in massive summer raid
- 07:13 What you can do if your neighbour smokes cannabis?
- 07:13 Heartbreak of Josh Fell's parents on what should have been his 21st...
- 07:13 Prom memories from Winifred Holtby school: Are you pictured?
- 07:13 77 pictures that sum up a nineties night out in Hull
- 07:13 Exeter Chiefs 36 Northampton Saints 12: Tom Vickers' review and...
- 07:13 Wakefield gallery’s chance of £100,000 prize in prestigious art...
- 07:11 Man United News: Two-year contract offer, Ibrahimovic hint,...
- 07:06 British Superbikes: Shane Byrne clinches pole position at Oulton...