News from Berwick Advertiser
A social worker who covers north Northumberland has been shortlisted for a major award. Kate Elsdon is in the running to be named Mental Health Social Worker of the Year, as part of the Social Worker of the Year Awards 2016. She works for Northumbria Hea
There are delays to national and local rail services in north Northumberland this morning after a signalling problem in the Morpeth area. And a trespass incident between Berwick-upon-Tweed and Edinburgh is causing further disruption between these station
Budding young engineers from across the North East have been invited to display their skills and represent their schools in a region-wide competition. The Institution of Civil Engineers is asking Year 7 and 8 students, and those in STEM (science, technol
Tillside Cricket Club, who enjoyed a successful season in the Northumberland League, finally got their hands on the silverware at the weekend when the annual presentation was held. The Etal-based club won the Premier League (1st XI) and the second divisi
Diane Cairns from Seahouses Golf Club Ladies Section, who has been invited to represent England as part of the team competing in the Titleist Order of Merit final at The Belfry on the world famous Brabazon course. The competition, between the four Home N
Work to relay pavements on Wooler High Street will now be completed in one go, after the county council responded to local concerns. At the start of the month, we reported how Northumberland County Council is working on a scheme to renew footpaths on Hig
More than 200 healthcare professionals gathered to learn about the highly successful patient safety and quality improvement programmes that are currently taking place in the North East and North Cumbria. The Patient Safety and Quality Improvement in the
Help is available for those that may experience issues with their Freeview TV when 4G mobile technology is switched on. The news comes as another community in north Northumberland – Wooler – is about to have 4G become available. Because 4G at 800 MHz sig
Berwick MP Anne-Marie Trevelyan has held a debate in Parliament over the MoD’s plans to force changes to the way in which our armed forces and their families live, which could spell the end of the present community bases. Mrs Trevelyan, who has RAF Boulm
Scotland’s Beef Event 2017 is to be held on a farm in the Borders next year - hosted by the Stewart family at Fans, Earlston. The biennial event, will be held on Thursday, June 8, organised by the Scottish Beef Association, and is to focus on the efficie
Tweedmouth Ams 2-6 Stow Tweedmouth suffered their biggest defeat of the season to a very good Stow side. The visitors immediately started the game on the front foot, knocking the ball around very confidently causing the home side problems. But against th
It was Bilclough Cup week in the North Northumberland League and there were wins for Craster, Amble, Springhill, North Sunderland and Embleton. North Sunderland went on a goal spree netting 17 times against Ashington West End. CRASTER RVRS 4 HIGHFIELDS U
Burntisland 1-5 Tweedmouth Rangers Tweedmouth achieved their first victory of the season in the East of Scotland League when they beat Burntisland on Saturday. With both teams sitting bottom of the league on zero points, this was always going to be a har
Berwick 20-27 Hawick Harlequins It was as if Berwick had two different teams out against league leaders Hawick Quins on Saturday. In the first half Berwick stood back and always seemed to be on the back foot very rarely putting pressure on the Hawick tea
A bid to create the North East’s first underwater archaeological dive trail, exploring a historic wreck site off the Northumberland coast, has been launched. Nic Faulks, from the British Sub-Aqua Club (BSAC) Tyneside branch, wants to raise £1,000 through
- 06:00 Families call for Park Hall Country Park visitor centre to be rebuilt
- 06:00 Team GB olympian Jazmin Sawyers auditions for ITV singing...
- 06:00 Tributes to former Kidsgrove headteacher Neil Hemmings
- 06:00 Council complaints about potholes double in Stoke-on-Trent
- 06:00 Family of crash victim Frank Woodcock urge other drivers to 'buckle...
- 06:00 Newcastle dad jailed after he groomed and raped a schoolgirl when...
- 05:57 Live breaking news, weather and traffic updates around...
- 05:50 Poppy Appeal urges public to 'rethink Remembrance'
- 05:47 Antonio Conte talks Chelsea's loss to West Ham: What I thought of...
- 05:45 GuocoLand to subscribe to 27 percent stake in Malaysia's Eco World...
- 05:42 Metro announcements have changed - meet the little girls behind the...
- 05:42 It's official! A date has been set for the first ever...
- 05:39 Jose Mourinho told: Make these players work together or sell them!
- 05:34 15 trolley loads of rubbish! Who'd dump all this?
- 05:27 Japan, US, S.Korea agree to put more pressure on N.Korea - Japan...
- 05:26 'Historic deal' but Birmingham council staff face pay freeze
- 05:25 Man United players slammed following Man City EFL Cup win: They're...
- 05:24 Calling all young people - there's still time to join the ECHO's...
- 05:24 Meet Trick and Treat - the kittens lucky to be alive after being...
- 05:24 China deal could see new garden at Garden Festival site
- 05:24 Merseyside Police to attend fewer crime scenes
- 05:24 Disabled knifeman facing prison escapes court on electric scooter
- 05:20 After killing final victim, British banker yelled into Hong Kong...
- 05:18 How do you build a runway over a motorway?
- 05:17 Port Vale midfielder Sam Foley set for extended spell on the sidelines
- 05:13 Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola hug and joke around before Man...
- 05:13 Frank Lampard: Chelsea aren't my favourites to win the title......
- 05:09 Liberty House Group reveals why it is a proud sponsor of the...
- 05:09 'Historic deal' but Birmingham council staff face pay freeze
- 05:09 Inquest to be held into triple shooting