News from Belper News
0 Have your say The campaign to make Belper one of Britain’s most accessible towns will make another breakthrough next month with a free taxi service launching for cultural events. In what might be a UK-first, the Accessible Belper group and Belper Town
0 Have your say Welcome to our live feed on Tuesday April 24 Keep refreshing this page for all the latest news across the East Midlands.
0 Have your say Derbyshire’s Peak District hills have been named among the nation’s favourite free days out. The stunning countryside on our doorstep was ranked second in a poll carried out by National Express, just behind The Lake District and ahead of
0 Have your say A controversial goal, deep into injury-time, salvaged a dramatic point for Belper Town on the last day of the Evo-Stik Northern Premier League, First Division South season. Belper looked to be heading for defeat away to Staffordshire outf
0 Have your say A top 10 finish, three wins on the bounce and then a last gasp equaliser in a six-goal thriller have seen Belper Town end a season of progress on a high. Saturday’s 3-3 home draw with Chasetown brought down the curtain on their Evo-Stik N
0 Have your say A steady fall of wickets on the opening day of the Derbyshire Premier saw Denby post a catchable target against Rolleston, which the visitors to Copper Yard reached with minimal fuss. Denby captain Daniel Burgoyne top scored (30) for his
0 Have your say Drivers caught speeding face much stricter penalties as from today. Motorists caught doing 51mph in a 30mph zone or 101 mph on a motorway will be fined at least 150 per cent of their weekly income under the new guidelines. The tougher pun
0 Have your say Mobile speed cameras are operating on the following Derbyshire roads until Sunday, May 7. A6096 Ladywood Roadd, Kirk Hallam A6005 Derby Road, Long Eaton A514 Osmaston Road, Derby A6007 Shipley A511 Swadlincote A61 Derby Roadd, Chesterfiel
0 Have your say Mid Derbyshire MP Pauline Latham has again called on the Government to step up its efforts towards a ban on ivory sales in the UK. In the parliamentary session for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs questions on Friday, April 21, Pauline
0 Have your say A pair of Belper-based designers are hoping to storm the women’s fashion world after launching a brand of British made all-black basics. Essential Noir is the new label from Wendy Warwick and Sanna Haanpaa, who have worked together for mo
0 Have your say Defeat at Sheffield Wednesday for Derby County saw the Rams drop to tenth in the Championship table. Here, Rams blogger Andy Buckley-Taylor assesses the defensive performance of Gary Rowett’s side.
0 Have your say Derbyshire firefighters have issue warning to residents after a tumble dryer sparked a house blaze. Crews who tackled the fire in Duffield on Saturday have given vital safety advice. Firefighters from Kingsway and Nottingham Road Fire Sta
A serial thief who stole three bottles of whiskey from a supermarket has been given a six-week curfew. Chesterfield magistrates’ court heard on Wednesday, April 19, how Christopher Rowles, 29, of Mottram Road, Hyde, stole the £40 worth of alcohol from a
A motorist who refused to give a blood sample after he was suspected of drink-driving has been banned from the road. Chesterfield magistrates’ court heard on Tuesday, April 18, how Samuel Ian McCann, 41, of Brunswood Road, Matlock Bath, was reported to p
A drink-driver nipped home to get more cash to continue a night-out before being involved in a road crash. Richard Barnes, 32, of Oldridge Close, Home Hall, Chesterfield, was returning to The Badger pub when he was involved in a collision in Chesterfield
- 11:37 Car flips onto roof in A49 crash in Shropshire
- 11:37 Support for Woolworths returning to Sunderland - and your happy...
- 11:36 Green campaigners want action to stop pigeon poo ‘raining down’...
- 11:36 Manchester United in advanced talks with Portugal international:...
- 11:36 Cristiano Ronaldo went crazy at these two Real Madrid stars after...
- 11:35 Like working with animals? This may be a job for you...
- 11:35 How you can apply for 30 hours of free childcare from today
- 11:34 Gentoo and Sunderland College sign deal to build firm foundations
- 11:34 Bloody bare-knuckle boxing packs out Coventry Skydome
- 11:34 Comfort eating bad for children
- 11:34 'Heartbroken' Little Boy Blue viewers left seething at 'injustice'...
- 11:34 Crowds enjoy flower displays at Ulverston open gardens event
- 11:34 Cumbrian businesses welcome government's industrial strategy proposals
- 11:33 Comfort eating bad for children
- 11:33 Mind Over Marathon: Documentary on people living with mental health...
- 11:33 Skegness lifeboat rescues man who fell out of kayak
- 11:33 40 weird and wonderful uses for Halen Môn's lesser known products
- 11:32 Kyle Edmund out of Barcelona Open as Dominic Thiem shows...
- 11:32 Costa Coffee owner Whitbread sees growth slowdown as rising...
- 11:32 Comfort eating bad for children
- 11:32 Wealth management giant St James's Place reports bumper set of...
- 11:32 The Voice auditions are coming to Scarborough
- 11:32 Police name Cropthorne Avenue murder victim
- 11:31 Sporting stars from the world of football and boxing coming to...
- 11:31 Recruitment under way for new restaurant opening at Rushden Lakes
- 11:31 The Voice auditions are coming to Scarborough
- 11:31 Driver 'tested positive for cocaine' in Scarborough
- 11:31 Gridlock issues around Derbyshire bus station
- 11:31 How cycling to work could halve the chance of cancer and heart disease
- 11:30 Blackburn United promoted to Premier League after victory over West...