News from Belper News
0 Have your say Tesco has issued a notice recalling a popular ready meal after it was revealed to be a risk to customers with allergies. The health risk was sparked after it was discovered that the sauce coating Tesco Takeaway Butter Chicken contained nu
0 Have your say The southbound carriageway of the M1 has now reopened. The motorway had been closed between junctions 29 and 28 after a crash between a van and a car this morning (Thursday, January 19). Delays and congestion are still expected. A woman r
0 Have your say Rural businesses could benefit from up to £35,000 to help them grow, thanks to funding from the EU. Derbyshire County Council is working with Derbyshire Economic Partnership to help distribute a £1.7m funding pot from the European Union t
0 Have your say Thorntons is recalling its Thorntons hollow milk chocolate Jolly Santa 200g models because the product may contain a piece of plastic which could represent a safety risk Thorntons is recalling the product detailed below: Product: Thornton
0 Have your say Wholetime firefighters from Buxton, Dronfield, Matlock, Staveley, Long Eaton and Ilkeston are to respond as Emergency First Responders (EFR), using their skills and experience to give lifesaving care to patients suffering cardiac arrest a
0 Have your say The southbound carriageway of the M1 remains closed after a multi vehicle crash earlier today (Thursday, January 19). The motorway is closed between junctions 28 and 29 to allow for a collision investigation, recovery of vehicles and clea
0 Have your say It’s been another gripping season in the English Premier League so far with many of the usual stand-out performers impressing the crowds across the country. But there have also been some surprise performers so far, those who you might not
0 Have your say The myth that the Premier League is the best league in the world is fuelled by money and the media. However, once again the myth is being tested, with many starting to ask whether the Premier League really is the best league in the world.
1 Have your say Birdwatchers in Derbyshire have been braving the winter weather to see thousands of starlings perform evening acrobatics over Stoney Middleton. Over 80,000 starlings are descending at dusk to a reed bed in Stoney Middleton owned by Britis
0 Have your say The latest transfer rumours doing the rounds in Thursday’s media: The future of Everton winger Gerard Deulofeu is uncertain after the Toffees rejected an approach from AC Milan to take the Spaniard on loan - BBC Dmitri Payet, meanwhile, s
Doncaster's Vulcan bomber to be put in storage, closed to public and staff laid off as funding crisis hits
0 Have your say Doncaster's historic Vulcan bomber is to be put in storage and closed to the public with more than two thirds of staff who look after it laid off amid a funding crisis. The Vulcan To The Sky Trust, which maintains and cares for the histor
The latest Chesterfield magistrates’ court results as published in the January 19 edition of the Derbyshire Times are listed below. Assault Arron Freeman Dale, 40, of Tithe Barn Close, Tideswell. Found guilty of assault by beating. Fined £180 and must pa
0 Have your say This is the weather forecast for today (Thursday, January 19). It will be mainly dry, but generally overcast with mist and fog patches. Occasional drizzle is possible in places, Some bright intervals are possible in the far south. Maximum
0 Have your say Belper’s mayor is putting the final touches to his plan for a 100-mile fundraising walk to promote the importance of the organ donor register. Gary Spendlove is getting ready to hit the road on a seven-day ‘Epic Walk for Life’ through Not
0 Have your say One of the best nights out in Belper returns next week offering a menu of delicious food, electric atmosphere and all the ingredients to cook up future friendships. Freedom Feed ‘Em is a monthly community meal which has been running at th
- 17:11 Britain will champion a free market that works for all, claims PM
- 17:11 Spaniels stolen from farm and dog handler’s van
- 17:11 Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banks to close 40 more branches this year:...
- 17:10 Paul Ince makes shock Manchester United and Liverpool transfer claim
- 17:10 Caring schoolgirls set up charity fundraising group
- 17:09 Inmate at Lincoln prison dies in custody
- 17:09 Cumbria crime chief backs Big Sleep event
- 17:09 Notts GCSE results up on last year
- 17:09 Sturgeon: Scottish Government makes sure taxpayers get better deal...
- 17:08 Mental health is a pressing issue for all
- 17:08 Watford closing in on deal for Mauro Zarate as Walter Mazzarri...
- 17:07 Drivers warned of A1 weekend closures as footbridge is replaced
- 17:07 Tyne Tunnel single lane closures to be extended
- 17:06 Watch Derby Olympic swimmer Adam Peaty star in Quorn national TV...
- 17:06 Know these men? Police investigate 'racist remarks' at Derby County...
- 17:05 Heartbroken mum, 21, killed herself after struggling to cope with...
- 17:05 UPDATED: Power lines collapse closing stretch of A157 between...
- 17:05 Free Link ATMs could start charging for withdrawals
- 17:04 9 herbal gins you need to try
- 17:04 Can you tell the difference between high end and high street make-up?
- 17:04 Gambia unrest thwarts university research and conservation trip
- 17:04 Lads’ coach trip to Marbs hits the box
- 17:03 Prem rivals want Chelsea star: Four-year deal ready, player...
- 17:03 Mark Allen admits he needs to lose weight and stop eating takeaways
- 17:03 Deal off: Star man rejects move away from Middlesbrough: He wants...
- 17:02 Grimsby Town TRANSFER NEWS: Mariners SIGN Chris Clements from...
- 17:02 WATCH: From twerking builders to Scottish football fans: 10 most...
- 17:01 Dim thief whose attempts to steal a venetian blind from Northampton...
- 17:01 'I thought we were going to drop out of the sky': Passenger films...
- 17:01 Do you know this Corby man? He’s wanted on prison recall