News from BBC
Police are investigating whether a body found in a suitcase in an Italian port could be that of a missing Dublin-based woman. Chinese-born Xing Lei Li went missing on a cruise in February. She was last seen on 10 February after boarding the ship in Genoa
Aid agencies say the "shocking" killing of six aid workers in South Sudan on Saturday is causing them to re-assess how and when they can deliver supplies. The victims were ambushed by unknown attackers when travelling between Juba and the...
It is made from almost two kilometres of spiralling neon light and has been described as a "drawing in space" and a "celestial map". The sculpture, by Welsh artist Cerith Wyn Evans, is the latest artwork to go on show at Tate...
A woman who sleepwalked to a supermarket in just her nightdress looking for a watermelon has said she thinks her subconscious "got hungry". Ruth Rose, 23, walked more than a mile to the Garthdee branch of Asda in Aberdeen at about 02:30 on...
A seat in the House of Lords is up for grabs, with 27 hereditary peers vying to join or, in several cases, re-join the Upper House. The result of the "by-election", triggered by the death of Lord Lyell, will be announced later on Monday....
A collection of portraits depicting a host of household names is set to open in Hull as part of its city of culture celebrations. The National Portrait Gallery commissions feature people from the worlds of culture, politics, sport and fashion, including
Is this really the worst piece of public art in the UK? The Origin sculpture overlooks Belfast and was unveiled in September to coincide with Culture Night. It now has the unhappy honour of winning the "What's That Thing?" award for the...
US-backed Syrian fighters have paused their offensive near the Tabqa dam so engineers can do any work necessary to ensure it continues to function. The Syrian Democratic Forces alliance is battling Islamic State militants for control of the structure, wh
Some viewers were not amused by the BBC's Red Nose Day broadcast, with 150 people complaining to TV watchdog Ofcom about the Comic Relief telethon. Most complained about the content of Friday's show and Ofcom is considering whether to launch an investiga
Police investigating last Wednesday's terrorist attack believe Khalid Masood was travelling at up to 76mph on Westminster Bridge where he killed three pedestrians, BBC London has learned. Masood killed three people and injured 50 when he drove a car into
Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny gets 15-day jail sentence for resisting police orders during protest This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version. If you wa
Two people have been killed in a collision between a train and a car near the Dutch town of Harlingen. An adult and a child were killed when the car was hit on an unmanned level crossing and dragged for some distance along the track, reports said. The ca
This Sporting Life author David Storey has died at the age of 83. His much-lauded 1960 debut novel was based on his experiences as a professional rugby league player and was made into a film three years later. Storey went on to win the 1976 Booker Prize
Chat apps that promise to prevent your messages being accessed by strangers are under scrutiny again following last week's terror attack in London. On Sunday, the home secretary said the intelligence services must be able to access relevant information.
The European Commission has given the go-ahead to the merger of US chemical giants Dow Chemical and DuPont. The deal values the merged company at $130bn (£103bn) and is expected to lead to cost savings of $3bn. The EC's approval is dependent on DuPont an
- 15:44 Initial work starts on Whitley Bay promenade
- 15:43 New budget test puts UK on front line in global drug price fight
- 15:43 UBS merges leadership in wealth management product factory
- 15:42 Heroes and villains assemble for Leamington Comic Con 2017
- 15:41 The mystery of the 'vanishing' car in A180 layby
- 15:40 You'll never guess which Hollywood star was TURNED DOWN for the...
- 15:39 Man City shirt for next season 'revealed'
- 15:37 South Africa's Gordhan to arrive back home on Tuesday morning -...
- 15:37 Music on the metro - Moscow commuters enjoy live performances
- 15:37 Gold coin worth $4 million stolen from Berlin museum
- 15:37 Rise in pupils taking term-time holidays in Sheffield
- 15:37 Cumbria police and crime commissioner launches youth commission group
- 15:37 Controlled burning in Ulverston
- 15:37 South Sudan attack 'could hinder aid deliveries'
- 15:37 Body found in suitcase in Italian port of Rimini
- 15:35 Sheffield young composers join forces with Music in the Round
- 15:35 Same old story as Ashington lose
- 15:35 Nigeria v Burkina Faso friendly cancelled: London fixture off after...
- 15:34 Ex-training partner lifts lid on Georges St-Pierre's return to UFC...
- 15:34 Jail for rapist who broke into woman's house as she slept
- 15:34 Chelsea beat host of Premier League rivals to secure deal for...
- 15:33 Academy backtracks on library ban
- 15:33 Let there be neon light: Tate Britain unveils 'drawing in space'
- 15:31 REVEALED: How to tell if your PC or Mac has been HACKED
- 15:31 London terror attacker ‘drove at 76mph’ as he aimed car at victims...
- 15:31 What will happen after Article 50 is triggered?
- 15:30 Delayed...again - but new hope is on the horizon for an end to A590...
- 15:30 How parents are refusing to let their children play out until THIS age
- 15:30 Mum can't take three-year-old to Coventry park because of burnt out...
- 15:30 Setback for planned bespoke rabbit hotel