News from Batley News
I am part of a Facebook group covering the area of Spen Valley. I wondered whether any readers have any feedback as to the location of the building pictured in Liversedge. We’re struggling to make out the name of the shop above the main window. The build
A whole host of celebrities including James Corden, Fleur East, Myleene Klass, Jon Snow and Jack Whitehall will be pulling on their festive sweaters in support of Save the Children’s Christmas Jumper Day next week - will you? This year, Save the Children
Two lanes of the M1 were closed this morning while emergency services deal with the aftermath of a vehicle fire. Crews from West Yorkshire Fire Service were at the scene of the incident near Wakefield shortly after 9am this morning. Two lanes of the nort
A Twitter user found himself confused when he messaged Yorkshire Tea to ask which part of the county is used for growing tea leaves. A Twitter user found himself confused when he messaged Yorkshire Tea to ask which part of the county is used for growing
Parents in the North of England could learn from pushier mums and dads in the South to help their children achieve the best grades, the children’s tsar has said. Anne Longfield, the Children’s Commissioner for England, said “tiger” mums in the South are
A funeral for a dad and his daughter killed in a fire in their own home took place at Wakefield Cathedral today. Traffic was brought to a standstill as the four-car cortege passed through the city centre flanked and followed by a procession of around 40
West Yorkshire’s policing tsar will today unveil measures to reduce the number of vulnerable people who go missing across the county. Police and Crime Commissioner Mark Burns-Williamson has prioritised the issue as part of his five-year Police and Crime
Angels have once again descended on Heckmondwike during the Christmas period. The angels have been lovingly crafted by members of the United Reformed Church in Heckmondwike and have been placed in town centre shops until the end of the year. The soft toy
A new campaign is calling for more people in Kirklees to sign up as organ donators this festive season. The NHS is urging people to join its Organ Donor Register. It comes after recent figures were released, showing that in the last five years 15 people
An Ofsted report that deemed children’s services in Kirklees as inadequate “came as no surprise”, according to trade union chiefs. Kirklees Unison claims that its social workers have been subjected to poor management, high staff turnover and unreasonable
Consumers are being warned off buying bargain iPhone chargers online after 99 per cent failed a basic safety test. Out off 400 counterfeit Apple chargers from online suppliers around the world and found that 397 of them failed a basic safety test, accord
For the second year running West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service (WYFRS) are working together with Radio Aire to support the largest annual Christmas toy appeal in the UK, Mission Christmas. The appeal, run by the charity Cash for Kids, is asking the g
The benefits of an aspirin a day really do outweigh the risks, according to new research. Although regular use of the drug increases the risk of stomach bleeds by about a half, there is no valid evidence these are fatal, say scientists. But a daily pill
A new development that caters for people with physical disabilities has officially opened in Mirfield. The scheme, which is the first of its kind to open in Kirklees, has seen six one-bedroom, purpose-built bungalows built at Knowl Grove. The homes are t
EFFORTS ARE continuing today to trace a man who was seen leading a young girl away while she was ‘crying for mummy’. Police in Leeds yesterday (Sunday) issued an appeal via social media for information on the incident, which had prompted a concerned call
- 03:56 Arsenal told they must splash out more than £150m to secure these...
- 03:50 Boris Johnson accuses Saudi Arabia of 'playing proxy wars'
- 03:43 Airbnb backs off fight with governments, offers policy suggestions
- 03:43 Fightin' Talk: AJ Styles is the new TLC Smackdown champ
- 03:27 Sleaford and North Hykeham voters to choose new MP
- 03:15 North Lincolnshire fundraiser to celebrate the life of much-loved wife
- 03:15 Pupils lead ‘Santa Dash’ in memory of courageous teacher
- 03:12 EU takes action against UK, Germany over VW emissions scandal -...
- 03:10 Nikkei rises as Wall Street keeps climbing, but stronger yen keeps...
- 02:53 How difficult is it to avoid animal products in everyday life?
- 02:53 Car key jammers: What you need to know
- 02:53 Knife crime: Why are more youths carrying knives?
- 02:42 Did Ian Fleming steal the idea for James Bond?
- 02:37 Bin Laden crash pilot 'suffering from mental overload'
- 02:32 Most students' predicted A-levels 'wrong'
- 02:32 Football abuse: FA reacted 'dismissively' to protection calls
- 02:29 Red hot! Lucy Mecklenburgh flaunts her toned figure in a floral...
- 02:29 'I could have killed you!': Frankie Bridge told off husband Wayne...
- 02:29 ‘F**k!’: Keira Knightley reveals what her 19-month-old daughter...
- 02:29 Let the fun and games begin! Casey Batchelor turns heads on red...
- 02:29 What a festive liberty! Catherine Tate reprises her role as foul...
- 02:29 Smitten Mytton! Lottie Moss and Alex coordinate in grey ensembles...
- 02:29 Megan McKenna smoulders in a satin navy dress as she cosies up to...
- 02:22 Japan third-quarter GDP revised down as capex, inventories shrink
- 02:19 Trump says union head who accused him of lying has 'done a terrible...
- 01:56 Rag N Bone Man wins Brits Critics’ Choice Award 2017
- 01:56 Paul Hollywood: The Great British Bake Off will 'stay the same'
- 01:54 'Donald Trump WILL be President' US judge pulls the plug on recount...
- 01:54 Canada's pro-pipeline First Nations
- 01:38 Aleppo battle: Assad says victory in city would be 'huge step'