News from Banbury Guardian
Cornbury Music Festival, held in Great Tew Park, has announced new additions to the lineup for this, its last ever event. After 14 years, the Cornbury Music Festival - nicknamed Poshstock - will open its gates one last time and promises to go out on a hi
A run-down shopping arcade at the foot of the Bretch Hill estate in Banbury is to get a makeover. Orchard Way’s frontage is subject of a number of improvements given official planning consent by Cherwell District Council last Thursday. The council approv
Four Year 12 students from Banbury’s Space Studio and Academy are about to embark on a once in a lifetime trip to NASA. Olivia Guntrip, Aaron Moate, Jacob Breed and Zach Vakil will be Texas-bound next Wednesday when they will start a nine-day educational
Help to decide our 2017 champion. Come on all you curry connoisseurs – we need you to pick your overall winner in our competition. You’ve sampled the sensations, textures and flavours of your favourite local spice restaurants and ground them down to the
The sun shone down on the 500 eager motorcycle enthusiasts - and many spectators - when this year’s Banbury Run took place on Sunday. The annual event was another huge success for the Vintage Motorcycle Club whose rare 1922 Brough Superior SS80 tackled t
Fans of the summer fruit are in for a treat this Sunday, June 25, as there will be strawberries galore at the Bourton’s Strawberry Fayre From 3pm, Great Bourton will host the annual event on Manor Road. There will be strawberries and cream, scones with s
Owners are desperate to find Queenie, the British Bulldog missing since Tuesday. Banburyshire residents are being urged to keep their eyes and ears open for any information about a female Bulldog who went missing yesterday, June 20. She was last seen in
Young adults are twice as likely to suffer from hay fever as those aged over 54, according to new research. The study showed that almost half of those those aged 16 to 24 (48 per cent) have experienced a seasonal allergy, such as hay fever or an allergy
Brits could be banned from all-inclusive holidays - unless they stop making fake ‘food-poisoning’ claims
Brits could be banned from going on all-inclusive holidays abroad unless they stop making fake food poisoning claims, tour operators have warned. Travel bosses have been left ‘embarrassed’ by the huge spike in reports of holiday sickness - described as a
The ambitious dessert focused restaurant on Calthorpe Street has closed down. Puddinghams announced yesterday (Monday, June 19) that the concept had failed and the breakfast waffles and pudding eatery was no longer a viable business. In a statement they
Thames Valley Police is appealing for the public’s help to trace a wanted man who has failed to appear at court. Jordan Bracey, 22, failed to appear at Banbury Magistrates’ Court on January 9 in connection with a charge of criminal damage. The charge is
A charity which cares for terminally ill people is extending one of its services in a six-month trial. Shipston Home Nursing (SHN), which looks after people who want to be nursed at home, plans to extend its palliative care service in its 20th anniversar
A much-loved and multi-talented teacher has been awarded an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours for her services to education. Harriet Grenville joined Tudor Hall School in 1971 to teach history, sixth form studies – and fencing. During her career at the
A cheeky craze has taken off with the soaring temperatures - of people baring their BUMS across the country. The sizzling sunshine has seen men and women uploading photos of their backsides to an Instagram account called Cheeky Exploits. It is dedicated
Few businesses survive for half a century and even fewer do so from the same location but one village nursery has done just that. Newbottle and Charlton Preschool will celebrate their 50th birthday on June 17 with a casino night for the adults and a fun
- 08:04 LA Lakers legend Magic Johnson picks teenage point guard prospect...
- 08:04 Guest column: We all need to help keep old people safe
- 08:04 RISE AND SHINE: Latest travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:04 Aerospace group Zodiac aims to resolve delivery issues by...
- 08:03 High-achieving apprentice up for recognition at our awards
- 08:03 Safety concerns as Carlisle road cracks in heat
- 08:02 Mao Kobayashi: Japanese cancer blogger dies at 34
- 08:02 Angry bouncing man rips his shirt off and starts a brawl at Ascot
- 08:01 Have your say on the state of Derbyshire’s roads
- 08:01 RISE AND SHINE: Latest travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:01 Kirklees Council to commemorate mass killing
- 08:01 Pound to euro exchange rate: Sterling climbs BACK after Theresa...
- 08:00 Mohamed Salah: First snaps of the new Liverpool signing with his...
- 08:00 RISE AND SHINE: Latest travel news, weather and fun features
- 07:59 Swansong concert for Kinder Children’s Choir’s stalwart musical...
- 07:59 Blyth gran trapped in Greek hospital after quad bike crash could be...
- 07:59 Man in Sheffield hospital with serious injuries after pub brawl
- 07:59 Live: Breaking news and travel from Coventry, Warwickshire and...
- 07:58 Aston Villa and John Terry: A comprehensive look at the story so...
- 07:58 Toshiba estimates bigger loss for past year on Westinghouse, lawsuits
- 07:58 Italy - Factors to watch on June 23
- 07:58 South African parliament opposes calls to change central bank mandate
- 07:57 13 Premier League players who could miss the start of the season...
- 07:57 RISE AND SHINE: Latest travel news, weather and fun features
- 07:56 East Neuk’s De Profundis digs deep to celebrate the mining heritage...
- 07:56 Kylian Mbappe to Arsenal: Exodus to help fund move with striker...
- 07:56 Terminally ill South Shore woman dies after dream wedding
- 07:56 Man left with serious injuries after alleged assault at Staveley pub
- 07:56 RISE AND SHINE: Latest travel news, weather and fun features
- 07:55 Watchdog clamps down on online gambling