News from Bakewell Today
A former partner smashed his ex’s mobile phone after they split-up after a two-year relationship. Chesterfield magistrates’ court heard how Damian Andrew Holmes, 24, of Church Street North, Old Whittington, Chesterfield, threw his ex Alexander Pugh’s iph
The members of Rotary Bakewell honoured two of its members at a service held at the end of 2016. The service was attended by Rotarians, partners, guests and members of the congregation. Following a carol service and Christmas lunch president Lorraine McG
Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service has issued a safety warning in respect of electrical appliances following three tumble dryer fires within a 24 hour period. Between January 18 and 19 firefighters from across the county attended three separate...
Police are working with a Derbyshire school to target concerns about nuisance and anti-social behaviour happening at evenings and weekends. PC Kelly Brown has been working with Headteacher Tracey Burnside and Assistant Headteacher Denise Marsden at Whitt
Police are appealing for information to help trace a Derbyshire man who has once again been reported missing from his home. Barry Shaw, 46, was last seen around 8am, on Thursday, January 19, before he left his home in Newbold to go to work in the town ce
The latest GCSE performance tables for Derbyshire’s schools have been published by the Department for Education. But this year’s figures are different to previous years and now look at two new headlines measures - progress 8 and attainment 8. The new are
Derbyshire Police are appealing for witnesses to a collision on the M1 yesterday (Thursday, January 19), and are asking anyone with dashboard camera footage to come forward. A Volkswagen Passat broke down on the southbound carriageway between junction 29
Tesco has issued a notice recalling a popular ready meal after it was revealed to be a risk to customers with allergies. The health risk was sparked after it was discovered that the sauce coating Tesco Takeaway Butter Chicken contained nuts, which were n
Wholetime firefighters from Buxton, Dronfield, Matlock, Staveley, Long Eaton and Ilkeston are to respond as Emergency First Responders (EFR), using their skills and experience to give lifesaving care to patients suffering cardiac arrest and other serious
Rural businesses could benefit from up to £35,000 to help them grow, thanks to funding from the EU. Derbyshire County Council is working with Derbyshire Economic Partnership to help distribute a £1.7m funding pot from the European Union to support rural
Thorntons is recalling its Thorntons hollow milk chocolate Jolly Santa 200g models because the product may contain a piece of plastic which could represent a safety risk Thorntons is recalling the product detailed below: Product: Thorntons Hollow Milk Ch
The southbound carriageway of the M1 remains closed after a multi vehicle crash earlier today (Thursday, January 19). The motorway is closed between junctions 28 and 29 to allow for a collision investigation, recovery of vehicles and cleaning the road su
Two people have been taken to hospital after a crash between a car and a van on the M1 earlier this morning (Thursday, January 19). Derbyshire Police attended the scene on the southbound carriageway of the M1 between junctions 29 and 28 just before 10am.
There has been a multi vehicle crash on the southbound carriageway of the M1. The motorway has been closed between junctions 29 and 28 to allow for the air ambulance to land. This is because of a crash between a car and van. A vehicle has overturned. Tra
This is the weather forecast for today (Thursday, January 19). It will be mainly dry, but generally overcast with mist and fog patches. Occasional drizzle is possible in places, Some bright intervals are possible in the far south. Maximum Temperature 8C.
- 08:14 Pendle MP's support for electrical safety campaign
- 08:13 Driver rescued after lorry crashes on A1
- 08:11 EXCLUSIVE: Man United to make transfer decision over Victor...
- 08:10 Pep Guardiola rethinks his opinion on Man City title hopes
- 08:10 Manchester United bid for Atletico Madrid winger Carrasco and more...
- 08:08 Derbyshire man and fellow suspect are accused of murder after stabbing
- 08:07 Staff at Kirklees Council tips threaten strike action
- 08:07 Man City in transfer battle with Everton and Leicester for £20m...
- 08:06 Weather forecast for the East Midlands: Sunday January 22
- 08:04 2017 property crash would see £399 a week wiped off UK property values
- 08:03 Antonio Conte: This player's form means I struggle to pick...
- 08:03 Arsenal star Petr Cech sends message to title rivals Chelsea
- 08:02 Sick messages to girl, 13, from man, 63, caught out by...
- 08:02 On This Day: £102k bingo win for Scunthorpe pensioner, a new pitch...
- 08:02 Is Scunthorpe venue the first to advertise Christmas party night...
- 08:02 Revealed: The best and worst GP surgeries in North Lincolnshire as...
- 08:02 Super slimmer unveils her amazing 4-stone weight loss
- 08:02 A transplant saved my life - please sign up so you can save others
- 08:02 Fines for litter louts more than double in North Lincolnshire
- 08:00 My Yorkshire: Brontë expert Juliet Barker on her favourite people...
- 08:00 Miles Jupp: From Balamory to the News Quiz and beyond
- 08:00 Can’t wait for the best 2015 Burgundies to mature? Here’s some to...
- 08:00 Steve McManaman rules out Liverpool transfer
- 07:59 Mischa Zverev reacts to ‘amazing’ Australian Open win over Sir...
- 07:59 Chelsea in talks with Real Madrid for huge summer deal - reports
- 07:57 I like driving in my car - driving instructor writes song about the...
- 07:57 McDonald's admits blunder for serving 24 hours without permission
- 07:57 Cyclist collides with car windscreen and is thrown into the air
- 07:56 First aid given to 60-year-old woman after house fire in The Meadows
- 07:56 Nadolo ‘absolutely on fire’, admits Saints boss Mallinder