News from Bakewell Today
Health chiefs are advising people in Derbyshire to take advantage of the services available at their local pharmacy to help nip winter illness in the bud. The NHS is reminding patients that if they seek help soon after the first signs of a winter illness
Representatives from INEOS have visited the Derbyshire Times this afternoon to answer your questions live on Facebook about fracking. We’ll be bringing you the question and answer session in a number of parts on our website over the coming days and you c
Storm Doris has arrived Derbyshire. Keep refreshing this page for updates as the potentially disruptive storm hits the area.
Damage and widespread disruption is expected tomorrow (Thursday) when Storm Doris arrives in Derbyshire, with up to 80mph winds being forecast. A number of agencies have now issued advice on how to stay safe.
Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are our top picks of what’s on in Debryshire...
A distraught dog owner has appealed for help in tracking down his beloved pet who is believed to have been hit by car. Peter Ward, 89, says Megan went missing from his house in Kelstedge on February 12. He was told she had been killed by a car but when h
A 22-year-old sex attacker who assaulted his victim in her own bed in Derbyshire has been jailed for four years. Derby Crown Court heard how Ashley Cooper sexually touched his victim after she had fallen asleep following a night out. Clive Stockwell, pro
Storm Doris is set to hit Derbyshire on Thursday, with winds of up to 80mph set to bring major disruption and damage. Here’s everything we know so far.
Pictured here are children from Winster with carers during an exchange visit to Monterubbiano, the Derbyshire village’s Italian twin. The exchange between the two places goes right back to 1985 and a group of people will be making another trip to Monteru
Storm Doris is set to batter the East Midlands later this week with an amber warning of wind in force. The Met Office is forecasting gusts of 70 to 80mph for Thursday with damage to structures, interruptions to power supplies and widespread disruption to
Research shows the average East Midlands' motorist spends £2,136 on their cars each year - almost 10 per cent of their salary. The Car People study also found that in our region:
Shigellosis, a highly-infectious vomiting bug, is sweeping schools across the UK, leading to a warning to parents to know the symptoms. Here is everything you need to know about the bug. What is shigellosis? Shigellosis is a highly contagious infection c
A special school in Derbyshire will be unable to reopen on Monday after its gas supply was cut off. Alfreton Park Community Special School on Wingfield Road is unable to heat itself and cannot accept pupils. It has not yet been decided if it will reopen
A motorcyclist was knocked off his bike and had to be freed from under it after a serious accident in Matlock today. The collision - which involved the biker and another car - took place on the A615 Alfreton Road / Causeway late this morning. Eyewitness,
Fire crews from Bakewell have been called out to a car accident on the A6. The incident happened shortly after 8am this morning and involved one vehicle on its side after a collision. Reports of a possible fire turned out to be unfounded and there were n
- 10:19 National award for ‘loyal’ Amelia
- 10:19 Guess who’s back! Leeds Festival date for rap star Eminem
- 10:19 ‘Dangerous’ road needs new crossing say worried parents
- 10:18 7 Leicester Comedy Festival shows on tonight
- 10:18 Train lines reopen for Northampton's evening commuters after 'bins...
- 10:18 St Margaret's Way closed county-bound due to storm damage
- 10:18 A place only for the bold as Doris batters Blackpool
- 10:18 Five out of five for Poulton apartments
- 10:17 Nine in a row as RBS posts annual loss and flags job cuts
- 10:17 Wolves vs Birmingham City: Paul Lambert on Gianfranco Zola and the...
- 10:17 Walking Dead actor mocks claims of racism after Primark T-shirt is...
- 10:17 Celtic fined £16k UEFA for pyro at Manchester City clash
- 10:17 Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce provides an update on the Chris Samba...
- 10:17 West Brom team news: The latest from Tony Pulis on his squad
- 10:17 Iraqi forces push into first districts of western Mosul
- 10:16 Vandals pour paint stripper on cars in Amber Valley
- 10:16 Bank staff donate £20,000 to hospice
- 10:16 Highest wind speeds revealed as Grimsby area escapes worst of Storm...
- 10:15 REVEALED: Derbyshire primary schools set to gain and lose funding
- 10:14 Did Justin Bieber just casually wet himself and style it out?
- 10:14 Bentley in rallying cry to Shrimps fans
- 10:14 Have you seen a magpie? You had better touch wood
- 10:13 Coventry City's League One trip to Sheffield United - rearranged
- 10:13 Former Man City boss Roberto Mancini 'sounded out' to replace...
- 10:13 New faces for Cumbria's flagship county show.
- 10:12 Police surround warehouse at scene of alleged burglary in Gateshead
- 10:12 A50 has reopened following accident in which a van driver died in...
- 10:12 Burton gardening company Garden 4 Less faces £15,000 hike in...
- 10:12 Do you have one of the ‘most boring jobs’ in the world?
- 10:12 Exclusive - How money flowed to Gambia's ex president