News from Bakewell Today
Two friends have combined their passion for walking and railway history into a new Peak District walking guide. The book by Brian Bethune and Dave Singleton features 12 circular walks which are all based around the 33 miles of the former Cromford and Hig
It’s been a busy old week in the world of news, sport and celeb. But how much attention have you been paying to what’s hit the headlines? Have a go at our quick quiz and see.
Ofsted has launched its Annual Report for the year - which has revealed too many children are still not doing well enough in the region. The report revealed that out of those accessed in 2016, Derbyshire had the lowest percentage of pupils in good or out
Think you know everything about Star Wars? Well, if you’re lucky enough to win an out-of-this world Top Trumps Quiz prize bundle worth a whopping £50 in our amazing prize giveaway, you can put your knowledge to the test. With Christmas just around the c
Festive decorations are on the shelves in the shops, Santa wishlists are being penned so it can mean only one thing.....Christmas is almost here. And it wouldn’t be the festive season without the accompanying songs. Whether your jam is a classic, a dash
Homes are at risk of being overrun by a plague of rodents looking for warm place to sit out the winter - according to pest control experts. With weather forecasts predicting a polar vortex from the Arctic sending temperatures plummeting over the next few
An award-winning TV chef is joining Greater Manchester Police’s 2016 Christmas campaign, giving tips on how to create the perfect recipe for a safe and happy Christmas. Adam Reid, one of the winners of this year’s Great British Menu has backed the Forces
Thousands of people in the UK are likely to be falling victim to sextortion every year, according to the National Crime Agency and National Police Chiefs Council. Sextortion is a form of blackmail where criminals use fake identities to befriend victims o
A major Derbyshire road is currently closed in both directions due to a lorry fire. The A38 northbound to J28 M1 is now closed because the fire is compromising the structure of Alfreton Road bridge which is also shut. Derbyshire Roads Police has tweeted
Firearms officers are investigating after a gun shot was heard in Chesterfield town centre this morning. Police were called to a house on Lucas Road at around 3am today (Thursday, December 1). A spokesman for Derbyshire police said: “We were called to re
The clocks have gone back and the days are growing shorter and darker – which can mean only one thing – winter is here. It’s a time of year when we all like to wrap up warm, animals included. Here are some tips to make sure your pets enjoy the colder mon
Derbyshire police's annual Christmas crackdown on drink and drug drivers begins today (December 1). The annual Christmas campaign is aimed at keeping roads across Derbyshire safe by raising awareness of the potentially devastating effects of drink- or dr
The latest Chesterfield magistrates’ court results as published in the December 1 edition of the Derbyshire Times are listed below. Other Matthew Gibbons, 27, of Hill Grove, Barrow Hill, Chesterfield. Pleaded guilty to entering a building as a trespasser
Two men from Somercotes have been charged with going equipped for theft in Matlock Bath. It follows a police operation on Monday night when officers stopped a car on North Parade. Both the driver and passenger were arrested on suspicion of going equipped
A man has been charged with religiously aggravated criminal damage at a Darley Dale church. The graffiti was written on St Helen's Church, Church Road, on Monday afternoon. A man was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and was further arrested on su
- 00:27 Conor McGregor gave up the featherweight title willingly - UFC...
- 00:26 Burnley determined to bounce back from 'horrible' West Brom...
- 00:26 Antonio Conte believes Chelsea are 'changing people's opinions' as...
- 00:26 England coach Trevor Bayliss fearful ICC could shackle charismatic...
- 00:26 Dan Lydiate a doubt for Wales' Six Nations campaign after suffering...
- 00:25 Sex Pistols: Anarchy in the UK and the tour they tried to ban
- 00:24 Customer makes complaint at Clarks - and ends up getting married
- 00:24 Reminisce about the great (and not-so-great) Lincoln City players...
- 00:20 Wearside care home still in special measures after again being...
- 00:16 This weekend’s local league matches....
- 00:12 Golden day for Berwick fighters with eight European BJJ titles
- 00:07 GTR’s injunction bid living in wonderland
- 00:07 Fishing expedition without a catch
- 00:07 Direction an antidote to medical melodramatics
- 00:07 All together now for Corbyn
- 00:07 IOC demands Tokyo reduce Games costs
- 00:07 Ronaldinho wants to support Chapecoense’s rebuild
- 00:08 Hello there! Chimps can recognise friends with a single glance at...
- 00:07 Formula One: Rosberg calls it quits: ‘I am done’
- 00:08 Iron Man suits, X ray detectors and a fake Facebook and Twitter for...
- 00:07 The Cuban people still need our solidarity
- 00:08 Stackable soccer pitches could bring sport into the city: Radical...
- 00:07 Accessibility for all shouldn’t be this hard
- 00:08 The 'Netflix AI' set to hunt for aliens: Machine learning algorithm...
- 00:07 Labour cannot win the next election with a Ukip agenda
- 00:08 Former Liverpool striker opens up: My warning for Anfield ace Ben...
- 00:08 Watch the world's biggest cities evolve: Google's timelapse reveals...
- 00:07 Do not mourn – organise
- 00:07 Hasta la victoria siempre
- 00:07 United States: Trump promises ‘peace’