#Zuxit: 100 Facebook meme pages are going dark tomorrow to protest censorship
Facebook could be about to get a bit less, well, dank this week – as a meme shortage strikes the network.
From Wednesday, at least 100 of Facebook’s biggest meme artistes are going ‘on strike’ – with a three-day blackout in protest at random censorship on the platform.
It’s called #Zuxit (and in other news, calling things -xit, seems to be the new -gate).
Facebook has recently faced controversy over its censorship policies – including deleting a Pulitzer-prize winning Vietnam war photo for being ‘child porn’.
Dog owner shamed on Facebook after ‘refusing to pick up enormous Great Dane poo’... read more
- 15:44 Initial work starts on Whitley Bay promenade
- 15:43 New budget test puts UK on front line in global drug price fight
- 15:43 UBS merges leadership in wealth management product factory
- 15:42 Heroes and villains assemble for Leamington Comic Con 2017
- 15:41 The mystery of the 'vanishing' car in A180 layby
- 15:40 You'll never guess which Hollywood star was TURNED DOWN for the...
- 15:39 Man City shirt for next season 'revealed'
- 15:37 South Africa's Gordhan to arrive back home on Tuesday morning -...
- 15:37 Music on the metro - Moscow commuters enjoy live performances
- 15:37 Gold coin worth $4 million stolen from Berlin museum
- 15:37 Rise in pupils taking term-time holidays in Sheffield
- 15:37 Cumbria police and crime commissioner launches youth commission group
- 15:37 Controlled burning in Ulverston
- 15:37 South Sudan attack 'could hinder aid deliveries'
- 15:37 Body found in suitcase in Italian port of Rimini
- 15:35 Sheffield young composers join forces with Music in the Round
- 15:35 Same old story as Ashington lose
- 15:35 Nigeria v Burkina Faso friendly cancelled: London fixture off after...
- 15:34 Ex-training partner lifts lid on Georges St-Pierre's return to UFC...
- 15:34 Jail for rapist who broke into woman's house as she slept
- 15:34 Chelsea beat host of Premier League rivals to secure deal for...
- 15:33 Academy backtracks on library ban
- 15:33 Let there be neon light: Tate Britain unveils 'drawing in space'
- 15:31 REVEALED: How to tell if your PC or Mac has been HACKED
- 15:31 London terror attacker ‘drove at 76mph’ as he aimed car at victims...
- 15:31 What will happen after Article 50 is triggered?
- 15:30 Delayed...again - but new hope is on the horizon for an end to A590...
- 15:30 How parents are refusing to let their children play out until THIS age
- 15:30 Mum can't take three-year-old to Coventry park because of burnt out...
- 15:30 Setback for planned bespoke rabbit hotel