Zorya Luhansk chief slams Manchester: It's dirty and men kiss in the street!
Zorya were beaten 1-0 at Old Trafford last month courtesy of a late goal from Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
The Ukrainian club's chief executive Rafailov hit out after the match, branding Manchester a "dirty city, full of drunks and men kissing in the street".
And he has further criticised the city in a barrage of insults on Zorya's official website.
“When we were in England we were only in Manchester and I did not like the city,” he said.
“It was very dirty. Near the hotel, which was, incidentally, in the city centre, there were homeless people sleeping on the pavement at night.
“I went... read more
- 10:13 Police probe suspected arson attack in South Shields
- 10:12 Manchester United defender Phil Jones admits 'dropping points is...
- 10:11 A hair-raising way to help
- 10:11 Loris Karius and Lucas Leiva must improve if Liverpool are to win...
- 10:09 Borough chief Kennedy won't be standing down even after 'unreserved...
- 10:09 Northampton’s biggest single social housing development for 30...
- 10:09 Nelson cousins meet TV stars
- 10:09 City designers join online marketplace
- 10:09 LIVE: A180 blocked after series of accidents
- 10:08 Prison sentence handed to Swadlincote lorry driver is criticised
- 10:07 CCTV image released after £2,400 jewellery theft
- 10:06 Scotland slips down world education rankings in key subjects
- 10:05 Can you spot all the angels on the Heckmondwike Angel Trail?
- 10:05 Updates as Spring Bank crash lorry driver Neville Fletcher sentenced
- 10:05 Manchester United Christmas gifts perfect for Man Utd fans in 2016
- 10:04 John Terry is nearing the end of his Chelsea career… but as he...
- 10:03 Updates: Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court evacuated
- 10:01 East Midlands Trains set to have more power over rail network
- 10:00 Barrow man due in court over alleged town centre stabbing in broad...
- 10:00 Catriona Munro: New rules let small firms sue cartels
- 10:00 Scotland’s top-selling food and drink brands revealed
- 09:59 Letters - December 1, 2016
- 09:57 £5m drugs haul one of the biggest ever seized on South Bank docks
- 09:57 LIVE: A180 blocked after series of accidents
- 09:57 Arsene Wenger: My thoughts on Granit Xhaka's start to life at Arsenal
- 09:57 These two clubs are the best teams in the country but Manchester...
- 09:57 Heage group braves wilderness to scoop top accolades
- 09:57 Chelsea target summer swoop for Karim Benzema: Real Madrid want...
- 09:57 UKIP donor mansplains Roman history to Professor Mary Beard
- 09:54 Plea for more organ donators in Kirklees this Christmas